daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 21st, 2010, 09:06 AM   #27941
gerald.d

Likes (Received): 44

What a morning to oversleep

Over to you Sale...
gerald.d no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 21st, 2010, 09:39 AM   #27942
234sale

Likes (Received): 24

[IMG]http://i55.************/a0z7nl.jpg[/IMG]

Only if I had a 5d Mrk2 or a 1Ds Mark3...

[IMG]http://i56.************/im2ipt.jpg[/IMG]

Or the Canon TS-E 24mm or the Canon TS-E 45mm f/2.8

[IMG]http://i56.************/140epl3.jpg[/IMG]

At least I have an alarm clock.. called tigger as seen in my Avatar..

Can't you set moet to 4 ish, meows

Last edited by 234sale; October 21st, 2010 at 09:48 AM.
234sale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2010, 12:09 PM   #27943
GulfArabia

Likes (Received): 1513

Jeddah's Kingdom Tower +1100m Construction to start in less than 3 Weeks

SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Middle East > Local Forums > Saudi Arabia > Projects
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=500019
SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=525819
SkyscraperPage Forum > Projects & Construction > Highrise & Supertall Proposals
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=135116

all over the news
GulfArabia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2010, 07:13 PM   #27944
christos-greece
Moderator!

Likes (Received): 240674

As GulfArabia said, is there a similar pic of course with the Burj Khalifa completed, like in the post #27945 ? I am searching for a long time, but i have found nothing "similar" so far...
christos-greece está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2010, 03:58 AM   #27945
Fury
Proudly Canadian

Likes (Received): 350

Hi all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GulfArabia View Post
is there a similar picture but taken more recently ???!!!
Hi Gulf.

I have 236 pics in what I call my site aerial folder - one from the same group as that (from 08 08 02 by the way). Most are from a shallower angle.

Here are the only 5 that are both newer than that shot and from a fairly steep angle. Sorry - none that are taken from as close to the top of the structure.

Click as some are very large.

08 11 01

09 02 22

09 07 29

09 08 15

10 02 09

Ray.
Old October 22nd, 2010, 06:29 AM   #27946
Parisian Girl
MONACO _ Côte d'Azur

Likes (Received): 2829

Armani Residences defy 70% Burj Khalifa price drop

By Shane McGinley | Thursday, 21 October 2010 7:19 AM

Armani-branded residences in the Burj Khalifa are comparatively holding their sale value, despite other apartments in the world’s tallest tower seeing price declines of more than 70 percent, real estate brokers have said.

Average sale prices for the tower’s 144 luxury Armani Residences are valued at AED4-5,000 per square foot; at their minimum, almost double the AED2,800 per sq ft commanded by the remainder of the skyscraper’s 900 apartments, said Catherine Clarke, head of residential valuations at real estate consultancy firm Colliers International.

At the peak of the Dubai property boom, apartments in the tower were valued at around AED11,000 per sq ft. By March 2009, this had dropped to around AED2,500 per sq ft.

During the handover period earlier this year, prices rose again slightly to around AED3,500 per sq ft, Clarke said, but prices had now settled at around AED2,800 per sq ft.

Emaar, the developer behind the world’s tallest tower, claimed 90 percent of the 900 luxury apartments had been sold before the Burj Khalifa’s glittering launch in January.

Clarke said she believed the decline in prices could be chalked up to savvier negotiating by buyers, rather than distressed sales.

“There are people with money in the high-end. They are not necessarily distressed sales but what [buyers] are doing is negotiating very well and they are bringing down the prices,” she said.

The Armani-branded apartments were faring better partly because of the inclusion of Armani designed furnishings, she said: many of the unbranded flats are unfurnished.

Earlier this month, Bloomberg reported that rental rates at the Burj Khalifa had plummeted by nearly 40 percent and that about 825 of the tower’s 900 apartments remained vacant.

Dubai real estate agents told Arabian Business that a standoff has developed between owners and buyers over what is viewed as unrealistic price expectations.

“We have not seen much of movement in the high end for a while. A lot of the owners can hold on, but the values are still too high at that end,” said Iseeb Rehman, managing director, Sherwoods Real Estate.

Rehman estimated that the number of sales in the high end sector had slumped by around 40 percent in the last year.

“Transactions will start to happen once people can see the real values in line with the current market,” he said.

Speaking earlier this month at a Dubai real estate show, Muhammad Waseem Silat, chief operating officer, 3G Real Estate, said owners were still not prepared to suffer a loss in order to sell their property.

“They have a certain limit to go down to… They are not willing to go below cost price,” Silat said.

Arabian Business
Old October 22nd, 2010, 08:41 AM   #27947
gerald.d

I've been meaning to capture the Burj in this light for absolutely ages. Shortly after sunset, on a clear evening, it takes on an amazing metallic shine.

Old October 22nd, 2010, 09:33 AM   #27948
DennisS
Just a student

Likes (Received): 70

Wonderfull pic Gerald! Congrats to you! I love it that you and 234sale try to get the best pics ever of this great building, and share them with us!

DennisS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2010, 09:35 AM   #27949
234sale

Likes (Received): 24

My Khalifa Videos of the week..

&

Old October 22nd, 2010, 09:44 AM   #27950
gerald.d

Old October 22nd, 2010, 01:28 PM   #27951
christos-greece
Moderator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fury View Post
I have 236 pics in what I call my site aerial folder - one from the same group as that (from 08 08 02 by the way). Most are from a shallower angle.

Here are the only 5 that are both newer than that shot and from a fairly steep angle. Sorry - none that are taken from as close to the top of the structure.

08 11 01
The most similar photo with the one in post #27945 is that one (above by Fury), but its an old (01 January of 2008); i am searching as i said before and if i found a recent one like the previous post, i may post it
Old October 22nd, 2010, 07:56 PM   #27952
tower lord

Location: gloucester then muscat in oman then dubai then cheltnham and in the future richmond london
Likes (Received): 0

i use to live in dubai the best city in the world but now i live in uk
tower lord no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2010, 07:58 PM   #27953
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8231

i was in dubai for transit and had 8 hours from midnight to 8am so i took a cab to Burj Khalifa and i felt my heart bumping faster
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2010, 08:22 PM   #27954
Vrooms
threeyearson.

Likes (Received): 1638

image hosted on flickr

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1246/...5ebd992c_b.jpg
Old October 22nd, 2010, 09:09 PM   #27955
futate01

Likes (Received): 6

This is a story from Time magazine by ANGELA SHAH.

Quote:
There's a half-off sale in the world's tallest building.

Even with an address at the iconic Burj Khalifa, rents for residences in the tower are not immune from Dubai's real estate crash. Indeed, nearly a year after it was inaugurated with a massive water-and-fireworks display, about 825 of the tower's 900 ultra-luxury apartments remain unoccupied, according to Better Homes, a real estate brokerage in Dubai.

The cost of renting a studio with floor-to-ceiling windows, marble fixtures and wooden floors has dropped to $1,815 a month from $3,025, while a one-bedroom apartment is available for $2,722 (it used to be $4,536), the brokerage says. Two-bedroom residences are expected to get $4,310, down from $7,183. Interested parties "call every few days and go for a viewing," says Imad Ben Khadra, a Moroccan expatriate who owns two 1,000-sq.-ft. one-bedroom apartments he purchased in late 2008 for about $950,000, both of which he is trying to rent out. "We got some offers [from prospective tenants], but nobody confirms." (See pictures of the Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world.)

Varun Chaudhary bought two two-bedroom residences in the Burj for about $1.5 million in 2005 even before construction began. He saw the value leap from $762 per sq. ft. to $3,811 per sq. ft. at the heights of the boom. Today, those values hover just above his purchase price. But he says he isn't worried about his investment. "These properties will recuperate faster than other properties because it's an icon, because it's only one in the world," he says. "You just have to say 'Burj Khalifa.' That's the address; you don't have to explain. It's a style statement in itself." (See how the U.S. is leaning on Dubai to pressure Iran.)

Still, the Burj, with its one-of-a-kind address and amenities like the first-ever Armani Hotel, is only the most high-profile example how Dubai's once flying real estate market has crashed. Overall in the emirate, property prices have dropped an average of 50%. Some half-built projects, located away from the main highway that runs through the city, may never be completed because their values have dropped too much, analysts say.

But it's the units that will be completed that are looming as a problem. The Dubai economy must still digest a flood of housing units coming on line or soon to be opened, which will further dampen prices. Through September, 27,000 residential units have been put on the market, and another 9,000 are expected to be completed by the end of the year, according to real estate firm Jones Lang LaSalle. For 2011, the firm forecasts that about 30,000 new units will come on line. A glut in commercial property has forced landlords to offer previously unheard-of incentives such as free rent and allowances to finish out shell construction space. "They built the infrastructure for a much larger economy than it can [now] attract," says Wissam Haroun, a Syrian expatriate who owns entertainment and technology companies in Dubai. (See pictures of Dubai.)

Worried about the glut, Dubai's Real Estate Regulatory Agency recently said it was canceling or in the process of canceling about half of all projects registered with the authority. Of about 980 developments, 495 are on the chopping block, according to a Dubai sovereign-bond prospectus made public last week.

Some, however, see opportunity in the depressed prices. "It's a massive change in terms that it's no longer the man on the street or the lady on the street buying property on spec or off plan," says Paul Devonshire, a director with Pramerica Real Estate Investors who specializes in the Middle East and North Africa region. Now, he explains, institutions or more savvy investors are moving in, eyeing distressed or repriced assets. (Comment on this story.)

But the buzz was decidedly subdued at the recent Cityscape Global, the annual real estate exhibition that in the past featured the launch of glitzy projects like the Palm Trilogy, the world's largest man-made islands. The name of the event itself had been changed from Cityscape Dubai in order to expand the focus beyond the city-state. Only a fraction of exhibitors - 200, down from around 1,000 during the boom - showed up to participate.

With speculators gone and credit still tight, Dubai is going about the hard work of adjusting to its new economic reality. Top of the list is paying back creditors that helped finance the boom. Over the past decade, Dubai amassed $109 billion in debt, with about $15.5 billion due this year, the International Monetary Fund estimates. Dubai World, one of the three main holding companies controlled by Dubai's ruler, Sheik Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum, said last month that 99% of its creditors had agreed to alter the terms on $24.9 billion of its debt. Last November, Dubai World sent stock markets around the world tumbling when it announced it wanted a moratorium of its debts. "We are back. Of course we are back," Sheik Mohammed said in a Bloomberg TV interview last month while attending the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games in Lexington, Ky.

But, having been through the financial volatility, few seem to want to part with their cash just yet. The Syrian expatriate Haroun, who has lived in Dubai most of his life and plans to raise his family there, says he would like to buy a home. But his forays into the market so far have left him unsatisfied. "People got stupid rich and stupid poor at the same time," he says. "I'm glad I stayed out of it."
http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/2010102...08599202693400
futate01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2010, 06:32 AM   #27956
helghast

Likes (Received): 147

Lvl 154!

http://picasaweb.google.com/nitesh.l...36169038361698

http://picasaweb.google.com/nitesh.l...35934208912930

http://picasaweb.google.com/nitesh.l...35915162838994

Link to Album - http://picasaweb.google.com/nitesh.l...opBurjKhalifa#

Credit too: ClarifyLearner

Enjoy

here's a night shot too!
http://picasaweb.google.com/jeffrey....40287568951938
credit too:
Jeffrey Baston

Last edited by helghast; October 23rd, 2010 at 07:24 AM.
helghast no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2010, 11:29 AM   #27957
Oasis-Bangkok
From Zero to Hero !!

Likes (Received): 50712

Wow !! This is Burj Khalifa Big set

Oasis-Bangkok no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2010, 11:32 AM   #27958
Oasis-Bangkok
From Zero to Hero !!

Likes (Received): 50712

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
Oasis-Bangkok no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2010, 12:49 PM   #27959
christos-greece
Moderator!

Interesting and also very nice photos and views from the interior of BK, helghast; i noticed that in some levels like in 151 the apartments or offices are not ready yet. There are many interior works there...
BTW, this one in which floor is it located (one of your photos, helghast)?
Quote:
Old October 24th, 2010, 03:45 AM   #27960
Parisian Girl
MONACO _ Côte d'Azur

Likes (Received): 2829

Rents in Burj Khalifa drop further

Costs of renting a studio in the tower are down to Dh90,000 a year, according to latest offers of property broker Better Homes

# Gulf News Report | Published: 13:08 October 23, 2010

The asking price for a one bedroom apartment at the Burj Khalifa currently stands at Dh120,000, and two bedrooms are advertised for Dh220,000. According to Better Homes sales adviser
Laura Adams, about 825 of 900 apartments in the Burj Khalifa are still empty, some nine months after the opening of the tower.

Image Credit: EPA/Supplied

Dubai: Rents for apartments in the world's tallest tower are dropping further, a quick search of property offers of Dubai agents shows.

Costs of renting a studio in the tower are down to Dh90,000 a year, according to latest offers of property broker Better Homes.

In focus: All you need to know about Burj Khalifa

The asking price for a one bedroom apartment currently stands at Dh120,000, and two bedrooms are advertised for Dh220,000.

Similar offers can be found at other brokerages such as Bayut or Propertyfinder.

According to Better Homes sales adviser Laura Adams, about 825 of 900 apartments in the Burj Khalifa are still empty, some nine months after the opening of the tower.

Rents have dropped about 40 per cent since Gulf News exclusively reported the first offers in the tower, which stood at Dh140.000 for a studio at the beginning of June. / Gulf News

Tags
adrian smith, burj dubai, burj khalifa, downtown, dubai, dubai tower, emaar, megatall, middle east, rascacielos, sarajevo construction, skyscraper, spire, tallest, uae