daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 4th, 2011, 07:41 PM   #29081
real time

Likes (Received): 167

beautiful city!!!!!!
have photos of dubai mall, I would like to see a few???

Sponsored Links
Old April 4th, 2011, 11:38 PM   #29082
Face81

Likes (Received): 270

A few tweaks and we can enjoy Dubai's signature red sand
[IMG]http://i51.************/zw19gi.jpg[/IMG]
The late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum [1912 - 1990]
Face81 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2011, 04:31 AM   #29083
Fury
Proudly Canadian

Likes (Received): 350

Hi all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles54 View Post
so all the elevators have not been installed yet?
Hi Charles.
All the lifts are installed and working.
I just don't have all the info on every one. It took many pics and drawings to get what I have done, straight.

Nice pics - thanks for posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerald.d View Post
Fury - fantastic spreadsheet. Well done!

Any chance of adding on the height to every level?
Hi Gerald.

Thanks man.
Short answer - no.
Long answer - My plan is for all the heights and other info and my methodology is for the tier arrangement and orientation. Also my labeled render has all the heights.
The full elevator schedule I have is very blurry. I tried to get it clearer / readable - but no luck. It has much more info to be had and at some point I'm hoping to include that on the schedule I made.

Quote:
Hahaha.

Why do Hotel HA1,2,3 stop at a mech level, but are not indicated as being service elevators?
Level 18 also has tenant storage.

Hi Christos.
Thanks man.

Ray.

Last edited by Fury; April 5th, 2011 at 04:42 AM.
Fury no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2011, 11:56 PM   #29084
Library User

Likes (Received): 1

Burj Elevator sked - trying to fill gaps

Having seen the new schedule - it looks good - clear, easy to read and follow.

The blurry one includes floors occupied by machines and pits - parts that the users don't see.

The missing name in the Service group I think is BS5. Probably used to move big stuff from Concourse to Ground etc. for trade shows??

The missing name for the Hotel group lift from B1 to level 3 - looks like HS6 to me. Having a stop on level 2 makes it a service elevator. The hotel service lifts are spread out aound the bottom of the tower - not all together.

Re the hotel group lift serving Concourse, Ground and One - - there is a circular glass elevator connecting the dining areas on these floors. It's a passenger lift witha spiral stairway running around it. It was noted in a press release around the time of inauguration - and there is a pic of it somewhere - by Imre.

About the office annex - two lifts appear to be for parking the others - at least one appears to be for service. With the expansion of this building from 6 floors to 12, there would have been at least one additional elevator needed.

The total number of lifts has been given variously as 56, 57 or 58. The number of "Gen2" units was shown before as 20 or 21, now is shown as 25 on OTIS website.

It appears that additional units were added to what was initially announced long ago,-- or some traditional units were since built as Gen2 units. These are the energy-efficient new-tech units that don't need a machine room. They are modest in speed and number of levels served, and were installed mainly in the bottom levels of the Burj, for parking lifts and the like.

Also of note- lift BS4 is not by Otis - it's a permanent unit by PEGA, the same company that built all the outdoor construction lifts. This was some of the stuff seen in the blurry diagram once we were able to magnify it.

Escalators: 2 long ones belong to the Observatory group - the two from P1 to Concourse belong to the Boutique Office - the others probably belong to the Hotel, or they could be for the Office Annex, as they appear to be located near that part of the structure. This may provide clues to the names.

Hope some of this helps.

Thank you for following.
Library User no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2011, 01:15 AM   #29085
Blizzy
Perfect Player

Likes (Received): 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fury View Post
Hi all.

Hi Blizzy.

The numbering of the levels and sections above the offices is crystal clear - as clear as the levels below. The info in my plan is accurate.

Tier 22 is named roof 4 / spire 1 so the roof is where the spire begins - 730.1 m. That is a debatable point for sure. I have posted long ago on a half dozen heights that could justifiably be called 'the roof'.

The pinnacle above the spire is 49.9 meters high. The bottom tier of it (tier 27) is 2.1 m. in diameter and that pipe extends down internally to section 20B another 92.8 m.
So the pinnacle, including the internal pinnacle pipe is 142.7 meters high.

I did up an elevator schedule using the blurry schedule, drawings, and pics. I have 45 of the 48 lifts figured out for the main structure. I have the levels served for the other 3 but not the names.
The office annex, now called 'The Offices' has 6 lifts, of which I have the levels but not the names.
The health annex now called 'The Club' has the other 2 or 3 lifts depending on which source you go by. Various sources have 56 or 57 lifts in total. This will be open to the public once opened so perhaps the number of lifts and what levels they serve will become apparent.

I also have the levels for the 8 escalators but again, not the names.
I would like to have it fully completed, but that's the best I could do - took most of the day.

Ray.
Man, you have really outdone yourself this time! Amazing work. One question though - which ones are the public elevators to the observatory levels? OB1&OB2? Are these used to get to the offices as well? As in - the suits taking the same elevators up with tourists?
Blizzy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2011, 04:52 AM   #29086
Fury
Proudly Canadian

Hi all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Library User View Post
Having seen the new schedule - it looks good - clear, easy to read and follow.

The blurry one includes floors occupied by machines and pits - parts that the users don't see.

The missing name in the Service group I think is BS5. Probably used to move big stuff from Concourse to Ground etc. for trade shows??

The missing name for the Hotel group lift from B1 to level 3 - looks like HS6 to me. Having a stop on level 2 makes it a service elevator. The hotel service lifts are spread out aound the bottom of the tower - not all together.

Re the hotel group lift serving Concourse, Ground and One - - there is a circular glass elevator connecting the dining areas on these floors. It's a passenger lift witha spiral stairway running around it. It was noted in a press release around the time of inauguration - and there is a pic of it somewhere - by Imre.

About the office annex - two lifts appear to be for parking the others - at least one appears to be for service. With the expansion of this building from 6 floors to 12, there would have been at least one additional elevator needed.

The total number of lifts has been given variously as 56, 57 or 58. The number of "Gen2" units was shown before as 20 or 21, now is shown as 25 on OTIS website.

It appears that additional units were added to what was initially announced long ago,-- or some traditional units were since built as Gen2 units. These are the energy-efficient new-tech units that don't need a machine room. They are modest in speed and number of levels served, and were installed mainly in the bottom levels of the Burj, for parking lifts and the like.

Also of note- lift BS4 is not by Otis - it's a permanent unit by PEGA, the same company that built all the outdoor construction lifts. This was some of the stuff seen in the blurry diagram once we were able to magnify it.

Escalators: 2 long ones belong to the Observatory group - the two from P1 to Concourse belong to the Boutique Office - the others probably belong to the Hotel, or they could be for the Office Annex, as they appear to be located near that part of the structure. This may provide clues to the names.

Hope some of this helps.

Thank you for following.
Hi Library.
Good insights man.
- Yes the blurry schedule does show machine rooms at the top and pits at the bottom of each shaft - I chose not to include them. It also has what I'm guessing is the 'parking' level for each, as in where it sits while waiting - again I left them out because I couldn't make it out for some lifts. There is much more info in the upper right area as well. That I would like to be able to read - and add. I guess if the thing was fully readable there would be no need for me to make one ...
- I thought about the other service being BS5 - makes sense but the concourse and ground prints I have are both partial and I don't want to guess any of the names. All the lift names I put in are ones I found in the prints I have and double checked with pics when possible (like the elevator list from Imre or the panel shots I have - though the one from Imre has some errors).
- Your probably correct on the hotel lift being HS6 but same as above, I don't want to name it on an educated guess.
- Yes there may be additional lifts in the office annex. I have no way of knowing. The six I have are from the original revision to level 6. There may only be 2 lifts in the health annex but again it is an unknown.
- BS4 is named Pega Hoist in Imres shot of the list as well.

I have since taken screeshots of some office annex drawings from a PDF I have. The 2 lifts that go down to the basement levels are named OP1 and OP2 - that's the only 2 I can make out. I will add them soon.

My 'shop skills are limited. Can you try to make the blurry schedule more readable ? If you can make out the info in the top right area and the legend, perhaps together, we can make the schedule I have started better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzy View Post
Man, you have really outdone yourself this time! Amazing work. One question though - which ones are the public elevators to the observatory levels? OB1&OB2? Are these used to get to the offices as well? As in - the suits taking the same elevators up with tourists?
Hi Blizzy.

Thanks man.
Your correct that OB1 and 2 take both the tourists and 'suits' to their destinations - just not together.
Those lifts are the double decker units.
- The lower cab takes office workers from the concourse level to 123 skylobby.
- The upper cab takes tourists from the ground level to 124 OD.
Both the concourse level and 123 are 6.0 meters high.

Ray.

Last edited by Fury; April 6th, 2011 at 05:02 AM.
Fury no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2011, 05:59 AM   #29087
Imre
Dubai

Likes (Received): 315

‘Vertical travel’ within Burj Dubai in the world’s highest elevators

http://burjdubaiphotos.blogspot.com/...-dubai-in.html
Imre no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2011, 12:05 PM   #29088
Tom_Green
Dr.Med. Tom Green

Likes (Received): 3392

From my plane

Tom_Green no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2011, 12:16 PM   #29089
PaulMST
BANNED

Here are some pics from my trip last week.

PaulMST no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2011, 01:08 PM   #29090
christos-greece
Moderator!

Likes (Received): 240516

Quote:
Originally Posted by Library User View Post

Now i remembered the formula car which spotted on high levels of Burj Khalifa a long time ago. They probably used those elevators to achive that.
christos-greece no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2011, 09:53 PM   #29091
234sale

Likes (Received): 24

Geralds gigapan
Old April 7th, 2011, 12:00 AM   #29092
gerald.d

Likes (Received): 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by 234sale View Post
Geralds gigapan
Which, like all the other ones, is no longer available for public view

http://gigapan.org/profiles/25596/
gerald.d no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2011, 04:25 AM   #29093
Fury
Proudly Canadian

Hi all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by christos-greece View Post
Now i remembered the formula car which spotted on high levels of Burj Khalifa a long time ago. They probably used those elevators to achive that.
Hi Chris.
There never was any car up there ...
I posted a lengthy explanation including pics that showed it being a genset or something comparable.

Quote:
Which, like all the other ones, is no longer available for public view

http://gigapan.org/profiles/25596/
Hi Gerald.
And why the frick not ... ?

Thanks for posting your pics Paul and Tom.

Ray.
Old April 7th, 2011, 02:26 PM   #29094
christos-greece
Moderator!

Likes (Received): 240516

Quote:
Hi Chris.
There never was any car up there ...
I posted a lengthy explanation including pics that showed it being a genset or something comparable.
Oups! Thanks for the explanation because all this time i thought that there is a car up there... thanks again
Now about my previous question (actually Library User question) what is the use of those elevators?
christos-greece no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2011, 01:13 PM   #29095
Леонид
Espartano

Likes (Received): 792

i wanna see picsss!!
Леонид no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2011, 10:34 PM   #29096
Library User

Don't have the resources to solve this -

Quote:
Hi all.

Hi Library.

My 'shop skills are limited. Can you try to make the blurry schedule more readable ? If you can make out the info in the top right area and the legend, perhaps together, we can make the schedule I have started better.

Ray.
I don't have the resources - I am a library user.

Between Imre, 234, Gerald, and any other titans of the lens and mouse who are on site and on side with this, someone can focus in on that chart closely enough to clarify the missing detail.

I recall seeing a pic of one of those charts on level 160 beside the doors for service lift BS3. I bet it's still there - or one of the othercharts probably still up on one of the unfinished floors.

Could also try getting at it if anyone has inside access to Otis' plans and data. I think they would like the publicity if anything gets published that would make them look good.

Thank you
Library User no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2011, 08:29 AM   #29097
Imre
Dubai

with Burj Khalifa

Commemorative Nol Card to be launched 2 days ahead of UITP Congress

http://imresolt.blogspot.com/2011/04...aunched-2.html
Old April 10th, 2011, 12:55 AM   #29098
Fury
Proudly Canadian

Hi all.

OK, so I added 4 names to my elevator schedule. Two in the office annex I got off drawings and two in the main tower that Library suggested. The main tower two make enough sense and follow what is there already, that I'm confident they are correct.
That leaves 1 to name in the main tower (of 48), 4 (or 5) to name in the office annex (of 6 - or possibly 7, since the revision that added 6 levels), and anywhere from 2 to 4 (depending on the total being 56, 57, or 58 and also the number in the office annex) to name and get levels served figured in the health annex. The 8 escalators are yet to be named as well.

I can post the revised schedule if anyone is interested.

I am looking for any photoshop experts who are willing to try and make a blurry elevator schedule, readable. There is much more info to be had and I want to add it to my schedule. I will post a link through filedropper (so the full size can be accessed) if anyone wants to take a shot.

Ray.
Old April 10th, 2011, 05:00 AM   #29099
Imre
Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Леонид View Post
i wanna see picsss!!
Few pics of Burj Khalifa aka Burj Dubai, from the SSC

[IMG]http://i56.************/23m8xz5.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i52.************/15i88eg.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i54.************/2nrgi10.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i54.************/291nfgi.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i55.************/hv2crp.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i55.************/24dpld4.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i52.************/5yg61k.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i53.************/2v2fkp0.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i51.************/2vnfdhk.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i52.************/149wpa9.jpg[/IMG]

Old April 10th, 2011, 07:45 AM   #29100
gerald.d

Likes (Received): 44

Imre - what have you been smoking?

gerald.d no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
adrian smith, burj dubai, burj khalifa, downtown, dubai, dubai tower, emaar, megatall, middle east, rascacielos, sarajevo construction, skyscraper, spire, tallest, uae