daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 10th, 2011, 09:11 AM   #29101
Imre
Dubai

Likes (Received): 315

He wanted to see pics and I just posted few
Imre no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 11th, 2011, 06:50 AM   #29102
Imre
Dubai

26 units worth Dh147m sold in Burj Khalifa during 2011 Q1

Biggest deal registered was Dh28.17 million for a 7,158 square-foot apartment

By Parag DeulgaonkarPublished Monday, April 11, 2011

Over Dh147 million has been spent by investors to buy 26 apartments in Burj Khalifa, the world's tallest tower, during the first quarter of 2011, according to figures available with Reidin.com.

The biggest deal to be registered with the Dubai Land Department during the period was worth Dh28.17 million, spent on purchasing a 7,158 square-foot apartment. The smallest apartment sold during the period was a 549 square-foot unit for Dh1.48 million.

Sale prices per square feet ranged between Dh3,936 and Dh2,133, according to the data. The nationality of the investors has been withheld.

Emaar Properties, the developer of the tower, said in February that it had handed over 770 units in Burj Khalifa.

The 2,717-feet high tower has 900 studio, one, two, three and four bedroom, while the Armani Residences has 144 fully furnished private apartments.

http://www.emirates247.com/property/...04-11-1.379540
Old April 11th, 2011, 01:40 PM   #29103
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

I don't care about their nationalities, but I would like to know if the seller of those apartments was EMAAR itself or some private persons who had bought them earlier.
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2011, 07:08 PM   #29104
Imre
Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltinD View Post
I don't care about their nationalities, but I would like to know if the seller of those apartments was EMAAR itself or some private persons who had bought them earlier.
Private persons , developer price still much higher as the market price I dont think so that they have many transactions.

1 BR in Armani Residences was sold for 6 million only probably ther are not advertising this as the original price was around 10m
Old April 11th, 2011, 07:32 PM   #29105
Face81

Likes (Received): 270

The storm in Dubai yesterday was pretty spectacular!

Quote:
Electric Avenue: Mother nature lights up the world's tallest building in down town Dubai

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 5:02 PM on 11th April 2011

It's one of the world's most extraordinary man-made achievements and it was given a suitably spectacular light show - courtesy of Mother Nature.

The Burj Khalifa, which rises 2,716 feet out of the Dubai desert and is the tallest building in the world, was struck by fork lightning during a thunder storm on Sunday night.

With more than 160 levels, the Burj also holds the record for having the highest outdoor observation deck - on floor 124 - and the lift which travels the longest distance.

Lucky strike: The Burj Khalifa skyscraper during a lightning storm in downtown Dubai on Sunday night
Source
The late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum [1912 - 1990]

Last edited by Face81; April 12th, 2011 at 12:34 AM.
Face81 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2011, 08:46 PM   #29106
Dan Hochhaus
highrise addicted

Likes (Received): 35

More lightning storm pics on skyscraperlist.com. Weird colors!

10/April/2011 by 234sale:

[IMG]http://i55.************/33ldwyb.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i55.************/10qf1xt.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i55.************/ictu11.jpg[/IMG]
Old April 12th, 2011, 01:23 AM   #29107
Леонид
Espartano

Likes (Received): 793

wow have no words!!! AMAZING PICS!!! awesome
Леонид no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2011, 05:14 AM   #29108
Fury
Proudly Canadian

Likes (Received): 350

Hi all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imre View Post
26 units worth Dh147m sold in Burj Khalifa during 2011 Q1

Biggest deal registered was Dh28.17 million for a 7,158 square-foot apartment

By Parag DeulgaonkarPublished Monday, April 11, 2011

Over Dh147 million has been spent by investors to buy 26 apartments in Burj Khalifa, the world's tallest tower, during the first quarter of 2011, according to figures available with Reidin.com.

The biggest deal to be registered with the Dubai Land Department during the period was worth Dh28.17 million, spent on purchasing a 7,158 square-foot apartment. The smallest apartment sold during the period was a 549 square-foot unit for Dh1.48 million.

Sale prices per square feet ranged between Dh3,936 and Dh2,133, according to the data. The nationality of the investors has been withheld.

Emaar Properties, the developer of the tower, said in February that it had handed over 770 units in Burj Khalifa.

The 2,717-feet high tower has 900 studio, one, two, three and four bedroom, while the Armani Residences has 144 fully furnished private apartments.

http://www.emirates247.com/property/...04-11-1.379540
Hi Imre.
Some interesting news.
The last article stating unit handovers said 45% handed over - some months ago.
So as of Feb. there are 770 units handed over of 1044 = 74% - things are moving along. My feeling is the residential zones are completed but the 74% handover number keeps me leaning towards the notion that the entire project is not yet complete, for some reason. (there are other factors as well ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltinD View Post
Hi Altin.
With the news from years ago that all the units sold within hours are you thinking Emaar bought some back or there was some form of payment default ?

Ray.
Old April 12th, 2011, 03:48 PM   #29109
HJ

Likes (Received): 6

Interesting! See also the update!
http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/...ile-high-tower

This is also interesting to see: http://www.z24.nl/multimedia/archive...oog_62201a.swf. Here in Rotterdam we our proud of our Maastower. But when you compare this tower with the rest, I almost started to laugh !!

But the Burj Khalifa will stay my favorite skyscraper. It's an amazing building!
HJ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2011, 05:20 PM   #29110
Miami High Rise

Likes (Received): 2546

Yeah there is a lot of buzz all of a sudden about a "green light" on the Mile High Jeddah Tower, but it's not from any credible source, except by a chain reaction from where it started. The archtiect, Adrian Smith denied that they are working on any "mile high tower"

It's now gotten widespread coverage in many papers but it's all just old news retold.
Miami High Rise no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2011, 09:21 PM   #29111
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fury View Post
With the news from years ago that all the units sold within hours are you thinking Emaar bought some back or there was some form of payment default ?
Emaar has always sold things in batches, so ''sold out'' has always referred to the available stock for sale at that point. We have heard about default on BK too, so certanly there will be repossesed apartments or commercial units on Emaar's inventory.

Anyway, as Imre reported, those were sold by owners, not Emaar.

I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2011, 11:57 PM   #29112
Library User

Likes (Received): 1

The great Burj elevator mystery will soon be solved

Quote:
Hi all.

OK, so I added 4 names to my elevator schedule. Two in the office annex I got off drawings and two in the main tower that Library suggested. The main tower two make enough sense and follow what is there already, that I'm confident they are correct.
That leaves 1 to name in the main tower (of 48), 4 (or 5) to name in the office annex (of 6 - or possibly 7, since the revision that added 6 levels), and anywhere from 2 to 4 (depending on the total being 56, 57, or 58 and also the number in the office annex) to name and get levels served figured in the health annex. The 8 escalators are yet to be named as well.

I can post the revised schedule if anyone is interested.

I am looking for any photoshop experts who are willing to try and make a blurry elevator schedule, readable. There is much more info to be had and I want to add it to my schedule. I will post a link through filedropper (so the full size can be accessed) if anyone wants to take a shot.

Ray.

Could you please give us the path to the blurry sked - through Filedropper - this is new to me .

Some more possibilities -

Dubai (or the UAE) probably has a well organized elevator regulatory given the number of skyscrapers existing and being built. This means that each lift would have a license certificate - and each lift has to have a code posted in the cab and at its main level entrance. In the case of the Burj with its dispersed elevator groups - these are the names we have been working with all along, such as BO1, R1, H1 or HA1 etc.

These codes would also be used by anyone in the lift if it gets in trouble, when the stuck passenger calls Security on the intercom - to tell them which lift is involved.

It now appears that the hotel dining room lift (circular glass one) is the only tower lift not yet identified. One of the Dubai-resident experts could then see that lift directly and see its code (name) It's possible that this lift was not on the original plans - added later when they tried to fancy up the hotel.

Thank you
Library User no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2011, 04:45 AM   #29113
Fury
Proudly Canadian

Likes (Received): 350

Hi all.

Hi Altin.
Thanks for the response.

Hi Library.

The reason I use filedropper is so the full size can be accessed.

The blurry sched is 1200 X 1600 - not very big but tinypic will resize and I think Imageshack will as well (I don't like Imageshack anyway ...). I liked Imagehost but it is no more.

http://www.filedropper.com/planelevatorschedule

I'm hoping you have access to photoshop.
I have it but it's not loaded on this computer, plus I don't 'shop much - I didn't have much luck with what I have loaded.

I was hoping there would be others willing to help us - surely some here are proficient at 'shopping. I have a feeling that with what there is to work with, it can't be made readable - hopefully I'm wrong.

I can't remember who the shot is from. I think I did ask for a clearer shot when it was posted, with no response.

Ray.

Last edited by Fury; April 13th, 2011 at 04:50 AM.
Fury no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2011, 07:04 AM   #29114
oilmanjr

Likes (Received): 17

Beautiful pics! thanks Imre!
Old April 13th, 2011, 09:41 AM   #29115
charles54
ARCHITECT

Likes (Received): 39

thanks for the pics Dan Hochhaus!
charles54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2011, 07:06 PM   #29116
lucianmx_2007
I love little Paris

Likes (Received): 268

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face81 View Post
The storm in Dubai yesterday was pretty spectacular!

Source
WOW this is amazing ! The tallest electrical conductor in the world

IOHANNIS

lucianmx_2007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2011, 02:29 PM   #29117
Civillian
Engineer Builds the world

Likes (Received): 0

Civillian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2011, 08:51 PM   #29118
234sale

Likes (Received): 24

Old April 14th, 2011, 09:10 PM   #29119
oilmanjr

Likes (Received): 17

The only thing that looks real in that video is the sky. Haha!
Old April 14th, 2011, 11:59 PM   #29120
Library User

Likes (Received): 1

A look at the blurry sked

Quote:
Hi all.

Hi Altin.
Thanks for the response.

Hi Library.

The reason I use filedropper is so the full size can be accessed.

The blurry sched is 1200 X 1600 - not very big but tinypic will resize and I think Imageshack will as well (I don't like Imageshack anyway ...). I liked Imagehost but it is no more.

http://www.filedropper.com/planelevatorschedule

I'm hoping you have access to photoshop.
I have it but it's not loaded on this computer, plus I don't 'shop much - I didn't have much luck with what I have loaded.

I was hoping there would be others willing to help us - surely some here are proficient at 'shopping. I have a feeling that with what there is to work with, it can't be made readable - hopefully I'm wrong.

I can't remember who the shot is from. I think I did ask for a clearer shot when it was posted, with no response.

Ray.
The sked downloaded to 452 Kb meaning there's some compression and probably some data loss, although there's lots of white space in it.

Theres some bold black numbers at the bottom left of eack part -
1 for the tower, 4 for the escalators and 5 for the office annex.

I did not see a block 2 or 3, also the chart in the top right corner has no number with it. The text of that chart drifts off the page on the right. This all suggests that the picture we have is not complete - there's more to be had somewhere.

Some lightening of the chart, and increasing the contrast a little bit helps.
Some zoom-in is possible, but it won't tolerate very much. If I go in any more, it all dissolves into goop.

I did notice in the text chart that the hotel group has 22 entries, whereas in the main chart, there are 20 lifts in that group. Since nothing is legible, can't suggest any options.

Names for the escalators are visible, but not readable. Best option would be for any Dubai-based forummer to go see them directly, and look for any descriptive labels or panels etc. etc. the escalators-they're all out in the open. Also look on the walls nearby, and on the machines themselves, both top and bottom ends probably near the floor. On the chart, the long machines look like they have short names (2 char), and the short units have longer names ( 3 characters ) - can't read anything.

The Health annex is not shown - maybe in one of the missing blocks 2 or 3.
The office annex of course represents the old 6-storey version.

Hopefully someone with more tools or expertise can break this open.

Thank you
Library User no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
adrian smith, burj dubai, burj khalifa, downtown, dubai, dubai tower, emaar, megatall, middle east, rascacielos, sarajevo construction, skyscraper, spire, tallest, uae