daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 31st, 2008, 10:36 PM   #3381
Old Town Resident
Sunny Intervals.

Likes (Received): 321

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperchris View Post
Does anyone know if it could become the tallest structure ever by early to mid April? I will hopefully be in Dubai then, would love to see it as the tallest ever . Only about 40m to go til then.
I will leave the maths to to you Chris.

1st Floor steelwork first column installed December 6th 2007.
2nd Floor first column installed January 8th 2008.
3rd Floor first column installed January 31st 2008.

Getting faster and will probably get faster for the next few floors, but the damper etc, in addition to other facilities will have to be installed as the steelwork progresses as access will get limited to install the larger internal structures.
Old Town Resident no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 31st, 2008, 10:59 PM   #3382
Cyman

Likes (Received): 8

I didn't count exactly, but if I am right, almost 70 (67?) stories have already been cladded! I think that's enormous, but on the photos it looks as if it wasn't that much - actually this should be far over 300m of height - most skyscrapers would finish here but in this case it doesn't even mean half of the final height (although it should be about half of the cladding, since the building is getting smaller/thinner the higer it goes, which means less surface and therefore less cladding - I know this was easy to conclude )
Cyman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2008, 11:01 PM   #3383
CULWULLA

Likes (Received): 10144

-old town resi-
correct. ive chatted to an engineer who visited the mighty BurjD last week and he said the first steel floors will take a little time, due to connections to concrete segment and adjustment to new structiure. but you will see a big change in speed over next month when the structure becomes simpler.
cheers
Old January 31st, 2008, 11:02 PM   #3384
Sky Tower
BANNED

Likes (Received): 67

Naughty little bears.....

I see the Burj Bears have been taking Imre around the site again today!

Zefire liked this post
Sky Tower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2008, 11:22 PM   #3385
twickline

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Tower View Post
I see the Burj Bears have been taking Imre around the site again today!
My eyes have water in them.... LOL

Your a NUT Sky Tower .... LOL

Cheers,

Tom
twickline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2008, 11:51 PM   #3386
LeMoN-SK
Regular Fool

Likes (Received): 81

OMG, Burj Bears.
LeMoN-SK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2008, 11:52 PM   #3387
Sky Tower
BANNED

Likes (Received): 67

It was the epitome of boredom....glad you like them!

Zefire liked this post
Sky Tower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2008, 11:53 PM   #3388
/-/_E_C_T_O_R 8§8
SSC

Likes (Received): 843

JAJAJAJAJAJA
/-/_E_C_T_O_R 8§8 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2008, 01:18 AM   #3389
Melanie B
BlizWizz

Those bears must be huge, the size must be like the space craft out of independance day. Could they be from another planet. Lets face it if you came from another planet and ran a radar scan the Burj would stick out like a needle, so thats why the invasion of the giant bears has struck Dubai!
Melanie B no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2008, 01:50 AM   #3390
Spandex

Likes (Received): 1

dont get me wrong, I LIKE THE BEAR!
but you guys should just make a new thread for them or something, seem a bit too enthusiastic in the last posts

topic time, was there any schedule for the cladding posted?? an if so, how are they following it? well?
because I was wandering when they will start the next section of cladding now that the third part has reached its installation rails and the fourth one is well on its way. It is surely running fast for the cladding teams

go imre, go bear, go cul and altin
Spandex no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2008, 02:36 AM   #3391
Shadow|Reaper
Dubai Resident

lol the bears are receiving more attention than the tallest building in the world.

On Topic: Thank you very much for the pictures, amazing progress!
Shadow|Reaper no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2008, 02:49 AM   #3392
TowerJunkie

Likes (Received): 127

Many thanks for the beautiful pictures Imre

Maybe this steel floor will move faster...
TowerJunkie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2008, 04:16 AM   #3393
korea2002

Likes (Received): 1269

Development News-2008.1.31

Our ceiling is the sky!

Samsung Corporation is the world choegoman building?

Next year in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) 'Burj Dubai' (more than 160-story, 800 m above) completed a high-rise building when the world rankings change. Samsung Corporation is a company to build this building.

Samsung in 2003 was the highest in the world, Malaysia KLCC building construction. The building, the Taipei Financial Center (101 stories), construction in progress deadline. Burj Dubai skyscraper construction in both the construction and wins three world-class location for high-rise building construction technology firmly game by .2010 world market for high-rise buildings up to 400 billion dollars of additional work to show that it is expected to generate orders.

In the first round at the Palace Tower (66 floors), the Palace Tower skyscraper and the third round of the apartment building (69 stories). Complex building and the Yongsan district Yeouido 620m-dollar international business and build high-rise buildings. In most areas recollection No. 1 skyscraper, the sixth in the world, Sada construction.

Building height, as well as the highest quality.

1 wippunman first apartment brand, but also Samsung's hands yeonryukgyo youngjongdo Christian jajeongsik Danny went through. Ranked fifth in the world, the Incheon Bridge choejangin do domestic work. LCD and the world's premier high-tech semiconductor factory construction (keurinrum) capability, busansinhang sinhang Ulsan, Inchon harbor namhang technology, Samsung's best weapon is not essential.
korea2002 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2008, 04:17 AM   #3394
korea2002

Development News-2008.1.31

Our ceiling is the sky!

Samsung Corporation is the world choegoman building?

Next year in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) 'Burj Dubai' (more than 160-story, 800 m above) completed a high-rise building when the world rankings change. Samsung Corporation is a company to build this building.

Samsung in 2003 was the highest in the world, Malaysia KLCC building construction. The building, the Taipei Financial Center (101 stories), construction in progress deadline. Burj Dubai skyscraper construction in both the construction and wins three world-class location for high-rise building construction technology firmly game by .2010 world market for high-rise buildings up to 400 billion dollars of additional work to show that it is expected to generate orders.

In the first round at the Palace Tower (66 floors), the Palace Tower skyscraper and the third round of the apartment building (69 stories). Complex building and the Yongsan district Yeouido 620m-dollar international business and build high-rise buildings. In most areas recollection No. 1 skyscraper, the sixth in the world, Sada construction.

Building height, as well as the highest quality.

1 wippunman first apartment brand, but also Samsung's hands yeonryukgyo youngjongdo Christian jajeongsik Danny went through. Ranked fifth in the world, the Incheon Bridge choejangin do domestic work. LCD and the world's premier high-tech semiconductor factory construction (keurinrum) capability, busansinhang sinhang Ulsan, Inchon harbor namhang technology, Samsung's best weapon is not essential.
Old February 1st, 2008, 04:19 AM   #3395
korea2002

Development News-2008.2.1-Samsung Construction Supervisor interview!

Choegocheung Burj Dubai, United raising phase, 2006

Dubai local time on December 29 last year, 11 a.m., 'Burj Dubai' conduct and build a jindu gimgyeongjun Samsung executive met at the construction site.

Mr. Kim at the scene of the Burj Dubai Burj Dubai office in a variety of relevant statistical data on the construction and gongjeongryul ppaegokhi attached. During the interview, Mr. Kim faces of the world's greatest architectural building was smeared on the pride.

Mr. Kim, "Another World choegocheung building and construction orders slope building is not only the Republic of Korea, Samsung deunopyineun job status," "The Corporation, through handangye upgrade technology to build our country can be an opportunity dada." he said.

So far, three million people have injected yeoninwon 'Burj Dubai' every building currently under construction personnel are more than 6000 people participated, and Ilsa trouble from moving.

Mr. Kim, "here, and all of the employees of Samsung Corporation, the participation of the workers, including those in the world who do take pride in your work and never tries in the construction," he said convinced.

Mr. Kim will continue to stand in the high-rise buildings in Dubai, "Dubai is a wide area of development or barren land since there was no difference, there is no need to take advantage of a wider," "In order to concentrate the world's attention, even if only to exceptional or high-rise building design So many of you have heard, "he explained.

Mr. Kim said, "We are building the world's highest skyscraper jieumyeo to continue to renew the record now, the Korean people watching me like this for the future hope of having hope," "As a result, the Republic of Korea, the world economy The best opportunity of gas in the world and I hope to jump into, "he said.

"The successful construction will forever remain the construction companies filled the world to create a luxury," "The World is proud to admit that the Korean construction phase will be even more altitude," he said.
Old February 1st, 2008, 05:29 AM   #3396
BLACK-VIRUS

SO COOL BUILDING
Old February 1st, 2008, 05:38 AM   #3397
jlh630

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town Resident View Post
Getting faster and will probably get faster for the next few floors, but the damper etc, in addition to other facilities will have to be installed as the steelwork progresses as access will get limited to install the larger internal structures.
I didn't know this tower had a damper... I trust you because you live there, but I had always been under the impression that the tapering design and triangular footprint made this tower stable enough in strong winds that a damper was not necessary. I've definitely never seen it in any plans... If someone could help explain this to me I would greatly appreciate it.
jlh630 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2008, 06:02 AM   #3398
CULWULLA

Likes (Received): 10144

^if you check diagram, the damper is shown on main roof at lev162 or tier18/624m
http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/1...tailfebto5.jpg
Old February 1st, 2008, 06:03 AM   #3399
Jim856796

Likes (Received): 844

Are the top floors of the Burj Dubai going to be narrow? If so, can it still be usable?
Jim856796 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2008, 06:04 AM   #3400
jlh630

Likes (Received): 7

Thanks, guess I just hadn't looked closely enough. I wonder if Fury happens to have any detailed plans of it...
jlh630 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
adrian smith, burj dubai, burj khalifa, downtown, dubai, dubai tower, emaar, megatall, middle east, rascacielos, sarajevo construction, skyscraper, spire, tallest, uae