daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 25th, 2008, 08:51 AM   #4201
Indica
Top of the World

Likes (Received): 156

What I dont understand is the names that V has on top of each pic.. is it to signify that the corresponding pics maybe came from that particular user on here?? or is he just naming the different pictures?

Most people would call it off topic (me as well), but at least its somewhat entertaining

Sponsored Links
Old February 25th, 2008, 08:53 AM   #4202
giovani kun
====(^.^)====

Likes (Received): 559

hi "V" I see that you are very good at English ..maybe you're English maybe not ..But I do not consider English an art or someting to be proud of ;evreybody knows English to some extent(degree) but by knowing a totaly different language than your own now that is a smart thing (my personal oppinion)

regarding the present topic..nice pictures .. keep up the good work nice to meet you
giovani kun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2008, 10:34 AM   #4203
dettol
Logarithm

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indica View Post
What I dont understand is the names that V has on top of each pic.. is it to signify that the corresponding pics maybe came from that particular user on here?? or is he just naming the different pictures?

Most people would call it off topic (me as well), but at least its somewhat entertaining
Flickr users
dettol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2008, 11:20 AM   #4204
mole

Likes (Received): 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Real-Link View Post
I do not know if V simply has mastery of language....
No, but William Shakespeare did.

Conceal me what I am, and be my aid
For such disguise as haply shall become
The form of my intent.

is a line from Twelfth Night, and

'Tis too much proved that with devotion's visage and pious action we do sugar o'er the devil himself

is from Hamlet.

The rest I don't recognise, but no doubt it's similarly cut and pasted.
mole no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2008, 11:41 AM   #4205
TowerJunkie

Likes (Received): 127

V happens to be using a number of different dialects of English all of which are defunt in todays speech. One is an Early Modern English from around the Jacobean period. Roughly corresponding to the time of King James I or about the early 1600s. The other appears to match the unctuous style used by the upper classes of revolutionary America.
TowerJunkie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2008, 11:42 AM   #4206
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

V for Vanished.

I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2008, 11:49 AM   #4207
Old Town Resident
Sunny Intervals.

Likes (Received): 321

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltinD View Post
V for Vanished.

Well done Altin. 14 posts from V who has yet to engage his brain!
Old Town Resident no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2008, 11:58 AM   #4208
AltinD
The Modecator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlh630 View Post
AltinD and Old Town Resident have both seen and reported that there are steel beams being installed for the 5th steel floor (level 160). No pictures have been posted of this, but we do have their confirmation that this is indeed taking place.
CORRECT.

Not only the beams are in place but the entire perimeter of the floor seamed to have been completed as per midday today. Only the cross sections bracing were yet to be installed.

So once again: The 5th floor of the steel structure is half completed already. The building is 617.70 meters tall but there are no pictures yet of that (the 5th) floor.
I can cheat you blind.

Old February 25th, 2008, 12:01 PM   #4209
pingyao
Virtual Architect

Likes (Received): 200

Maybe he was a time traveller from the past and now he's gone back from whence he came?!

How's the Burj doing anyway, heights, updates?
pingyao no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2008, 12:05 PM   #4210
AltinD
The Modecator

Can't yuo read?

Everything is on the post above yours.
I can cheat you blind.

Old February 25th, 2008, 12:14 PM   #4211
BlackSmith!
Peace sells...

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:

The 5th floor of the steel structure is half completed already.
Than we will soon see the sixth steel floor Going fast now
BlackSmith! no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2008, 12:31 PM   #4212
Tag_one

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Can't yuo read?

Everything is on the post above yours.
maybe it took him longer than 3 minutes to write those two lines

Anyway great to hear the BD is growing so fast. I hardly can't believe it without a picture of it
Tag_one no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2008, 12:35 PM   #4213
korea2002

Likes (Received): 1269

Development News-2008.2.25-Global Korea's Destination- reach the sky!!

City skyscraper… U 512m… 'impossible to build'

The construction industry has the best record in the United States last year, 39.8 billion US dollars worth of overseas orders. 2006 was the best year history has been more than doubled to 16.5 billion US dollars respectively. 2007 sales of approximately 18 billion US dollars. Korean exports in the steel industry in the amount corresponding to the ninth place.

Thailand in November 1965 'patani - naratiwat' highway construction started (Hyundai Construction and 5.4 million US dollars), South Korea exported overseas construction industry for 42 years, rising 10 percent.

Plant construction of a skyscraper and the third world''. The Construction of the past, diligence and integrity, competitiveness, which was also changed. Detailed design and construction is now, of course, the basic design and construction of a flower gatchwotda capability to develop investment. Combines information technology (IT) and new towns' U City 'exports to the challenge.

○ Plant and the skyscraper, the world's No. 1

Plant construction industry in the United States last year was 25.2 billion US dollars worth of orders. South Korea is the world's largest overseas construction ranks first.

Korean construction companies are leading companies in the field of plant receives recognition. This is the highest achieving, as well as high value-added because ttanaego plant construction.

Hyundai Engineering and Construction in 2005, Iran was at the time the world's largest plant construction Southampton Spa Qatar gas plant in 2006 after wangonghan refining liquefied natural gas (GTL) facility construction season. Construction sector companies GTL monopoly has bunyada developed countries by 2006.

Doosan Heavy Industries plant in the United Arab Emirates jebelalri freshwater, the United Arab Emirates, Hyundai Heavy Industries, a gas injection facilities, the construction of GS sucheombunhaesiseol ERC and Egypt, respectively, achieving a 10 billion dollars in plant construction utdol regarded as a high value-added.

Construction of the Egyptian construction sucheombunhaesiseol ERC GS 20 billion, achieving a single company in the history of overseas plant construction choegoaek.

Samsung Corporation, the construction of a skyscraper construction sector, first place in the world for him. World matatgi 1-3 above all because of a skyscraper under construction. Samsung, the world's best height of a building at the time of the 1998 Petronas Towers in Malaysia (452 m), currently the world's best wangonghan the Taipei 101 building (508 m) said.

World top of a building next six months, if history is changed again. Dubai, United Arab Emirates, Samsung construction on the building that is to be completed in Burj Dubai (512 m) because of that.

○ 51 US dollars a strategic stronghold hwipsseuleo

Daewoo Libya after 1978 ttanaemyeo Africa for the construction of the airfield woojo didyeotda first step. At the time, the South Korean government "can not guarantee safety in Libya misugyo country," demanded the withdrawal.

However, Daewoo Corporation of Libya in Nigeria and Africa to expand. Aware of the power of 51 US dollars to Africa jeonghaetgi stronghold region.

Daewoo Construction will advance Africa's 30-year 10 billion US dollars this year, up 156 from Libya, Nigeria and the construction of the 3.8 billion US dollars in 50 games. Korean construction company is a global enterprise hub strategy has made the leap to your fortune.

Plant No. 1 export overseas businessmen and Iran, Daelim Saudi bases nationwide. Last year, the company's overseas sujuhan construction of the plant was 90% concentrated in Saudi Arabia and Iran. Progress in the two countries amounted to 6.3 billion US dollars in the construction of the Korean company ranks first.

SK Construction Kuwait in 2005 from the state-owned oil company KOC 1.221 billion US dollars in orders for the construction of the plant. Kuwait is a national strategy focused on is because of the ability to give orders.

Angola Africa for the first time in 2005 namgwangtogeon Korean namjit two years after the six cases, the construction of 552 million US dollars to victory.

○ Korea 'IT new towns' in the world market leader

Overseas markets in the construction industry, the world's No. 1 vary by sector. Korean plant construction industry, civil engineering, architecture, such as EPC (detailed design, material procurement, construction), arguing first place in the world.

'U City' in Korea, which is creating new markets with the dreamer bunyada first place. IT City is based on the ubiquitous U (to connect to the network anytime, anywhere communications environment) and the Korean concept of combining new town.

POSCO was 2.66 million m˛ construction of a new town plan bukankaing gyumoin Vietnam. City U form of the construction of new towns in the Korean amount of 28 billion dollars in total.

Daewoo is near the Algerian capital of Algiers buyinan new town being promoted, Daewoo Hanoi, Vietnam before the orders to the construction consortium building new towns are also cited as U City.

Real estate investment companies are leading the development has been developed on the field. It is not in the business planning gongsaman wins from the design, construction, financing, all hyeongtaeda charge. Last year, large companies in this sector Kyungnam performance. Overseas investment in real estate development, but as a single enterprise choegoaekin 720 million US dollars in Hanoi, Vietnam, won the landmark tower construction.

Gwonhongsa chairman of the Association for the construction of the "environment, IT, real estate investment and development sectors of the global competitiveness of Korean construction companies led by leading companies," he said.

Yieunwoo reporters [email protected]

▼ surprised the world is marching ▼ super-size project

大役事channels, including Libya, the United States is responsible for juljulyi

South Korea's overseas construction industry experience in the project phase of the world's super-size jumokhan gleam. Construction Association for its 60th anniversary last July of'10 overseas construction projects' selection said.

Is the number one in'20-century humanity on the planet after one of the largest civil engineering construction history 'construction, called the Dong-A Construction of Libya as algebra. Libyan desert in the Mediterranean coastal city of peo Poster groundwater in agricultural areas and sending a huge desert in the recording 'green revolution' business. Gyumoin 3.8 billion US dollars construction phase 1 (completed in 1991) to 10 million people, 5.5 million yeoninwon injected in a single construction equipment, aircraft construction is known as the world's largest.

Samsung Corporation, the construction sector is the second Buzz Dubai, United Arab Emirates. When the 2009 high of more than 800m (170 stories) World choegocheung building. Geolmatge height of the building yeonmyeon Jamsil equator 56 times the 495,870 m˛ (15 million) a year.

Saudi Arabia is ranked third in the construction of modern jubeil saneophang built. Eastern's genetic industrial facilities for adults jubeile sinhangman build a gongsada.

Fourth place went to Malaysia, Penang Bridge. Hyundai Engineering and Construction in 1981 to 345 million US dollars sujuhan length of the bridge is 7958m, 19.5m wide and the third longest bridge in the world at the time, they were the most Oriental longer.

Samsung Corporation and the Far East Wie five construction sector with the participation of the Japanese companies in 1997 wangonghan took the Petronas Towers in Malaysia. Taiwan in 2003 'Taipei 101' (101 stories) were the twin building wangongdoel choegocheung building until the World.

Hyundai Construction on the six participating in the development of gas fields in Iran Southampton Spa award. 1.5 billion US dollars of its super-sized gas processing facilities construction, and construction products in the first 28 months after the record.

This place was built by Hyundai Engineering and Construction, Thailand 7 patani naratiwat highway. South Korea's overseas construction industry, first as highway construction, the actual construction costs chaekjeongdoen more money into deficit eventually, but so much 'global standards' and the opportunity was learned.

Doosan Heavy Industries and the United Arab Emirates sujuhan 8 Wie peulraenteuda latter's freshwater. 1.5 million people a day using seawater can be used as a facility to produce 450000 t of water 'Pearl of the Middle East', which is called the city of Dubai in the world, was transformed into what basis.

9 ssangyonggeonseol 1997, and the place was built modern Singapore, and the building was built in the Convention Center and the business seonteksiti a while, this place was Daelim Saudi Arabia in 1990 wangonghan kingpadeu international airport Tuesday
korea2002 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2008, 12:42 PM   #4214
CULWULLA

Likes (Received): 10146

Quote:
CORRECT.

Not only the beams are in place but the entire perimeter of the floor seamed to have been completed as per midday today. Only the cross sections bracing were yet to be installed.

So once again: The 5th floor of the steel structure is half completed already. The building is 617.70 meters tall but there are no pictures yet of that (the 5th) floor.
thanks altin. i thought it was 611m high. so a 12m section went up? went from 605m to 617m? ill update diagram tommorrow.
cheers
Old February 25th, 2008, 01:17 PM   #4215
AltinD
The Modecator

Cul, the 4th floor started one week ago and went up in just 4 - 5 working days while the 5th started on Saturday, a few hours after Imre took his updates and now is already half complete.

I think they finally found their lost mojo.
I can cheat you blind.

Old February 25th, 2008, 02:19 PM   #4216
dettol
Logarithm

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
V for Vanished.

Vanished! LOL Altin... I saw that coming...

I miss V already though

He posted some great pics from Flickr and, though off topic, brought a quirkiness to todays discussion I quite enjoyed...

Something tells me he will be back, or he will reveal his secret identity in a PM...
dettol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2008, 02:51 PM   #4217
Spandex

Likes (Received): 1

maby he has allready been here before, with another V name, but on the other end of the english-skilled-scale
anyone remember Vanhenrik?
Spandex no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2008, 03:07 PM   #4218
Astounded

Likes (Received): 1

Great news. Does that mean the sixth floor will be at 629m the week after next? If so celebrations will be heard throughout the forum as Burj Dubai becomes the tallest human made structure on the planet.
Old February 25th, 2008, 03:38 PM   #4219
AltinD
The Modecator

That honour will belong to the 7th floor.
I can cheat you blind.

Old February 25th, 2008, 04:46 PM   #4220
44p
build the NWTC

Likes (Received): 18

629m!

Wow thats going to get tall already!
44p no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
adrian smith, burj dubai, burj khalifa, downtown, dubai, dubai tower, emaar, megatall, middle east, rascacielos, sarajevo construction, skyscraper, spire, tallest, uae