daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 26th, 2008, 12:40 AM   #4241
TowerJunkie

Likes (Received): 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Tower View Post
Why would you ban him Altin, he didn't do anything wrong!
If you understand the nuances of the English language, he was writing poetry about the Burj Dubai...and subtle quotes which describes the intolerable actions you've just taken on him.
Poetic, insightful, on topic, great pictures and delicious wordplay!
His first piece was a wonderful description of this tower...and the place that you call home.
However I wouldn't expect an Albanian ex-pat to comprehend that.
Shame on you.
Testy Testy. Well insulting somebody's nationality is one sure way to get banned.
TowerJunkie no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 26th, 2008, 12:55 AM   #4242
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 611

Quote:
I didn't know red or bold font was worthy of a banning.....nope...just checked the rules....it's not.
I absolutely hate injustice.
Browsing the rules it does stipulate that the F word can get you banned....so I'd watch out for the "overmoderators" if I were you!

I almost thought it was ____V____ posting for a second there. My eyes hurt again. Yeah some people are offended by the F word so I probably shouldn't use it around here but it's an activity I hope to do one day in an Armani suite of Burj Dubai.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2008, 01:15 AM   #4243
44p
build the NWTC

Likes (Received): 18

ok,guys get back on topic.
How tall is Burj dubai?
44p no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2008, 02:01 AM   #4244
helghast

Likes (Received): 147

Quote:
Hi Fury, I've amassed over 450 big projects and have now created icons for all of them.
The whole site will be idiotproof and a lot sexier than the old one.
I'm developing 3D glass effect images and the front page will be large projects like Burj Dubai, Dubailand, Marina, Palms etc....which will direct to its own portal site, all interactive using ASP.NET and Flash.
I want a clean look, no links, menus or nav bars. All browsing will be done through navigable icons.
for some reason your website doesnt work. can we get back on topic everyone.
Old February 26th, 2008, 03:04 AM   #4245
Sky Tower
BANNED

Likes (Received): 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by helghast View Post
for some reason your website doesnt work. can we get back on topic everyone.
Yes I know, if you read the quote of mine you'll see I'm still building it...it's still 4-6 weeks away yet as I've been very busy....plus..it is going to be a 1000 page website...so it's not going to happen overnight!
There will also be a development forum, for construction updates and photos and info, but it won't be an open forum like this....I will select only those who have something to contribute...those who have had an ongoing relationship with me here over the years...will have the privilege to update data as it comes about....for the rest it will be a source of reference only.
I won't post a list of names as I'll probably forget some...but the usual trusted suspects should know who they are!

Zefire liked this post
Sky Tower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2008, 03:22 AM   #4246
madtony8k

Likes (Received): 1

thanks for the diagrams culwulla.. it's accurate enough for me.. it shows the 5th steele floor is under construction, and that the steele structure is now higher than the chicago spire will be!!
madtony8k no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2008, 04:15 AM   #4247
beyond 1000
BANNED

Likes (Received): 74

Quote:
Hi Fury, I've amassed over 450 big projects and have now created icons for all of them.
The whole site will be idiotproof and a lot sexier than the old one.
I'm developing 3D glass effect images and the front page will be large projects like Burj Dubai, Dubailand, Marina, Palms etc....which will direct to its own portal site, all interactive using ASP.NET and Flash.
I want a clean look, no links, menus or nav bars. All browsing will be done through navigable icons.

I can't wait for Dubaimegaprojects to get back in gear good buddy. Nice to see you posting again. Make sure you give us the actual heights of BD from the Dubai Municipality Datum point. I understand that's where the official heights will be taken from. This building is already above the world's highest mast from the Datum point.

Lotta fun, lotta fun

Zefire liked this post
beyond 1000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2008, 05:11 AM   #4248
CULWULLA

Likes (Received): 10115

^i didnt think the slab height was where official height was taken from.? if thats the case its 16m higher at 633m high now.
Old February 26th, 2008, 05:23 AM   #4249
Sky Tower
BANNED

Hi Beyond, you too sir.
As of Feb 19th it was 627.42m but I guess its it around 633.40 around now.
I'll get confirmation on Thursday.

Cul, DMDP is approx 6.2m above the slab, measured to the pinnacle of construction, not the last completed level, so beyond is right, it's already the tallest structure in the world exceeding the KVLY-TV mast by 4.8m, but still 13m short of the Warsaw Radio Mast that collapsed in 1991

Zefire liked this post
Old February 26th, 2008, 05:26 AM   #4250
[email protected]
dubai2009

great diagram culwulla, and great pics imre, OTR and Imre.
All i have to say is wow over 2000 feet and absolutely stunning.
cmkd12c@yahoo.com no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2008, 05:35 AM   #4251
[email protected]
dubai2009

i have a question do the cranes at the top lift the steel parts all the way up or does the crane at the lower level lift them halfway first and then they continue because it looks to wide at the base for them to be just lifted all the way.
Old February 26th, 2008, 05:46 AM   #4252
Fury
Proudly Canadian

Likes (Received): 350

Hi all.

Unless this pile print is incorrect the Dubai Municipal Datum is 3.75 meters above the slab top.

I truly believe the "floor" of the ground level is where they are going to measure from. This is 15.25 meters above the slab and 11.50 meters above the DMD.

But alas I am just a peon - what the hell do I know ?

Old February 26th, 2008, 06:06 AM   #4253
Sky Tower
BANNED

Yes Fury, you are quite right, I was quoting from memory and gave the figure of DMDP to sea level, not DMDP to slab height.
I'm glad someone's on the ball....and certainly not a peon!

Zefire liked this post
Old February 26th, 2008, 06:15 AM   #4254
jaja3000jaja
Masters Student

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fury View Post
Hi all.

Picasa - Diana - 08 01 20

Hey, hope you all don't think I'm stupid but is there a thread with interior pictures of those condo towers in front of the burj? They look a lot like some residential towers in Miami.
jaja3000jaja no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2008, 06:24 AM   #4255
Sky Tower
BANNED

I know Slugbelch from SSP had some, alas he no longer posts anymore.
I do remember a conversation between the Slug and another forumer who lives there who had a friend who'd moved into one of these blocks and was very impressed with the finish, fixtures and fitting etc.
I can't remember if it was Altin or OTR. Maybe even Imre has some pics?

Zefire liked this post
Old February 26th, 2008, 06:43 AM   #4256
Sky Tower
BANNED

It's hard to tell from the angle of the photos, and many of the towers surrounding the tower look very similar.
The loft and the views aren't finished yet and I beleive they're now stepping up construction around the boulevard area as the roadworks have now started big time.
It looks to me like the first of "The Residences" towers west of the Old Town, directly overlooking the lake.
I'm sure OTR will know which ones they are?

1 Burj Dubai
2 Dubai Mall
3 The Old Town
4 Burj Dubai Boulevard
5 5+ 5a The Residences (18 towers)
6 Burj Dubai Lake Park
7 South Ridge (6 towers)
8 Burj Dubai Business Hub (6 low-rises)
9 Burj Dubai Lake Hotel (63 storeys 300m)
10 Burj Dubai Metro Station
11 The Lofts (3 towers)
12 Burj Views (3 towers)
13 8 Boulevard Walk (38 storeys)

These are the projects announced and under construction within the complex, except the metro station

Now you can also see how many plots for towers on the left side of the Burj Dubai are yet to be announced!!!

[IMG]http://************/jzws43.jpg[/IMG]

Zefire liked this post
Old February 26th, 2008, 06:48 AM   #4257
[email protected]
dubai2009

The burj looks incredible but when are they going to add more towers the area looks empty and more importantly when are they going to start with some landscaping?
Old February 26th, 2008, 06:57 AM   #4258
Old Town Resident
Sunny Intervals.

Likes (Received): 321

[QUOTE=Sky Tower;18669898]It's hard to tell from the angle of the photos, and many of the towers surrounding the tower look very similar.
The loft and the views aren't finished yet and I beleive they're now stepping up construction around the boulevard area as the roadworks have now started big time.
It looks to me like the first of "The Residences" towers west of the Old Town, directly overlooking the lake.
I'm sure OTR will know which ones they are?

1 Burj Dubai
2 Dubai Mall
3 The Old Town
4 Burj Dubai Boulevard
5 5+ 5a The Residences (18 towers)<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
6 Burj Dubai Lake Park
7 South Ridge (6 towers)
8 Burj Dubai Business Hub (6 low-rises)
9 Burj Dubai Lake Hotel (63 storeys 300m)
10 Burj Dubai Metro Station
11 The Lofts (3 towers)
12 Burj Views (3 towers)
13 8 Boulevard Walk (38 storeys)

These are the projects announced and under construction within the complex, except the metro station

Now you can also see how many plots for towers on the left side of the Burj Dubai are yet to be announced!!!

The towers in the image are "The Residences", with the view in that area about to change considerably with foundations on the go for about six other towers in that area soon that border the Burj Dubai Boulevard..

Also cladding has now started on the 100th floor this morning
Old Town Resident no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2008, 06:57 AM   #4259
ingdany
myspace.com/ingdany

Likes (Received): 0

Past few days i hear about a project from a new building with 1.6km, somebody know more details about this project?

http://ingdanielperez.badoo.com
http://ing-dany.hi5.com/

San Diego, Cal. - Tijuana, B.C.
ingdany no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2008, 07:07 AM   #4260
Tumbling Dice

Rome wasn't built in a day my friend and neither will Dubai be either. It's a shame the colour of the water in the 'lake' isn't more similar to how it is in the diagram Sky Tower just posted there.

Would it not be possible to make V's ban a temporary one on proviso he just posts a little less, that seemed very harsh ?

Thanks as always to everyone who contributes excellent photography here, it's been like watching a child grow up over the last couple of years, as I predicted a few months ago the steelwork is really gathering pace now, exciting times.

Thanks also to Culwulla for the accuracy of his infamous diagrams and Fury for his insightful, mysteriously acquired plans, you are all stars of this thread which is so valuable to those watching from afar.
Tumbling Dice no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
adrian smith, burj dubai, burj khalifa, downtown, dubai, dubai tower, emaar, megatall, middle east, rascacielos, sarajevo construction, skyscraper, spire, tallest, uae