daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 29th, 2008, 11:23 PM   #4401
Scruffy88
Action

Likes (Received): 4

im sorry i haven't been around in a while. Is 819m, 2686ft the confirmed height this will be or is it still a best guess?
Scruffy88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 29th, 2008, 11:33 PM   #4402
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6530

emaar didn't confirm anything yet as far as i know but still, 819m is not a guess . offical plans show this height
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2008, 11:43 PM   #4403
44p
build the NWTC

Likes (Received): 18

5th steel floor i think.
44p no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2008, 12:51 AM   #4404
jaja3000jaja
Masters Student

Likes (Received): 3

Sky, for what it's worth, I believe you, mainly because I'm ambitious and young and hearing a successful story like yours just encourages me to keep striving for my goals.

Anyways, nice pictures from SZR.
jaja3000jaja no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2008, 01:13 AM   #4405
qwert_guy
Not Registered

Likes (Received): 293

when will be the estimated date of reaching the last level?
qwert_guy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2008, 01:53 AM   #4406
James R. Hawkwood
Imperator

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwert_guy View Post
when will be the estimated date of reaching the last level?
Somewhere around the end off this year or earlier

But it will be done this year

Total completion will be in 2009

Cheers
Old March 1st, 2008, 02:02 AM   #4407
Fury
Proudly Canadian

Likes (Received): 350

Hi all.

Thanx for the pics Sky.

Some nice old pics on blogs.

07 09 22

07 11 17

07 11 26

07 12 05

07 12 18

08 01 10

Flickr - g885522 - 08 01 25

Blogs :

08 02 01 16

08 02 02

08 02 03

Old March 1st, 2008, 02:34 AM   #4408
LoverOfDubai

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffy88 View Post
im sorry i haven't been around in a while. Is 819m, 2686ft the confirmed height this will be or is it still a best guess?
Actually, Emaar (more specifically Greg Sang, the Burj Dubai construction manager) has confirmed that the Burj Dubai will be a minimum of 700 metres (2,300 feet). They have never confirmed a final height for the building. Most likely they will announce the exact height when the building tops out.
LoverOfDubai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2008, 03:51 AM   #4409
Hollie Maea

Likes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaja3000jaja View Post
Sky, for what it's worth, I believe you, mainly because I'm ambitious and young and hearing a successful story like yours just encourages me to keep striving for my goals.
If it makes you feel any better, I'm actually the King of France, and you can someday be too if you work at it.
Hollie Maea no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2008, 04:19 AM   #4410
beyond 1000
BANNED

Likes (Received): 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollie Maea View Post
If it makes you feel any better, I'm actually the King of France, and you can someday be too if you work at it.
Your majesty , how can he be the King of France when you are, unless of course he is next in line for the throne. If you see by my signature below, I AM THE CHOSEN ONE.

That's funny Hollie. Still, however Skytower is a cool guy and so are you.

Lotta fun, lotta fun

Zefire liked this post
beyond 1000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2008, 04:32 AM   #4411
beyond 1000
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikes View Post
Sky, you are my favorite storyteller. You are 31, speak 7(?) languages fluently, have 30(?) companies, wife ecetera. Yet you hack into computers to steal private information, have deep geek knowledge and advertise Bush and financial stuff on your so called ad free site (with the revenue its generating you will need several million years to catch up your father..). I'm student, i'm paying xxx$/month for hosting my site, hence i need ads (but i refused private donation offers).
Btw, your story about your "father" is also quite amusing:
Alan Murphy: Ranking: 295= Worth: £200m Industry: Toilet rolls and property
http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...h_list_search/

Now, i would advice to open a "Skys life" topic at over SSP, and leave this one for BURJ DUBAI.
What prompted you to just trash somebody's personal life? Yes this is about BD but here's a person who has success and you question his wealth. I would advise you not to question other people's personal finances when it is clear that you have not gotten your financial house in order. Bug off and don't get jealous.

Zefire liked this post
Old March 1st, 2008, 05:05 AM   #4412
Scruffy88
Action

Likes (Received): 4

thanks LofD
Scruffy88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2008, 05:34 AM   #4413
helghast

Likes (Received): 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoverOfDubai View Post
Actually, Emaar (more specifically Greg Sang, the Burj Dubai construction manager) has confirmed that the Burj Dubai will be a minimum of 700 metres (2,300 feet). They have never confirmed a final height for the building. Most likely they will announce the exact height when the building tops out.
not a minimum of 700 metres , he said well over 700 meters
Old March 1st, 2008, 08:02 AM   #4414
Tricky

Likes (Received): 150

I find it a bit weird that it is already known that Al Burj will dethrone Burj Dubai in the near future (especially given it's in the same city)... i wish it could keep its record for longer.

Also, I'm wondering what's gonna happen post 2015 when all of the current and planned projects are more or less built? ... how can anyone top this building frenzy??... any ideas? LOL
Old March 1st, 2008, 08:05 AM   #4415
beyond 1000
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
I find it a bit weird that it is already known that Al Burj will dethrone Burj Dubai in the near future (especially given it's in the same city)... i wish it could keep its record for longer.

Also, I'm wondering what's gonna happen post 2015 when all of the current and planned projects are more or less built? ... how can anyone top this building frenzy??... any ideas? LOL
It would be next to impossible to top Al Burj. I doubt anything in Dubai will top it for a very long time but then again it is Dubai. Still Al Burj will keep the record for a very long time. It stands to possibly surpass BD by 50%.

Tricky, I do see your point in BD being by far the tallest building and structure ever and Al Burj will get it's foundation dug before BD reaches the top or opens to the public.

Zefire liked this post
Old March 1st, 2008, 10:11 AM   #4416
jetsaerospace

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaja3000jaja View Post

Anyways, nice pictures from SZR.
Hi all. After 14 months of lurking I finally have something worth adding about BD...I hope

I'm with jaja3000jaja. It seems most of us here resonate with the inspiration of BD. For me this building exemplifies success, hope, inspiration and accomplishment. A paradigm growth spurt for human progress in architecture and in thinking. For the past 14 months I have logged on this thread to get my daily dose of inspiration. I've been building my own new business and like BD, am seeing the growth of my business mirrored in each new floor that goes up, or panel of cladding added, or piece of landscape completed. Well done and 'choukran jasilan' to Sheikh Mohammed and Duabi for reminding us to reach beyond 'the reasonable', and expect more of ourselves.

Quick appreciations to the Sky's - (the tower and the husband), Imre, Altin, Hollie, Cul, OTR, Fury etc. I've enjoyed all your verbal verbose in the face of vainglory vaniloquence. But fear not, no more vendetta from this vigorous venator of Burj Dubai updates...cheers

ps. Im not Venherick or V - but enjoyed the fun while it lasted.
jetsaerospace no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2008, 11:37 AM   #4417
qwert_guy
Not Registered

Likes (Received): 293

the BD looks impressive at night.
qwert_guy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2008, 12:03 PM   #4418
Spandex

Likes (Received): 1

Weren't they supposed to install a new, smaller crane and dismauntel one of the big ones soon? Seems that at least one of the crane is getting in their way.

(and one off topic): on the corner of the bd-developement (angle Burj-SZR) where now we have some small lowrise offices, weren´t there supposed to be 2 awesomelooking towers with an oval shape or something???? has this been changed? (cant find a foto to refferre to)

Thanks Imre for your mega-massive update, in your absence I have really learned to appreciate your contributions, and promise to not take them as granted , we guys are so spoiled.
Spandex no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2008, 12:45 PM   #4419
dettol
Logarithm

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spandex View Post
Weren't they supposed to install a new, smaller crane and dismauntel one of the big ones soon? Seems that at least one of the crane is getting in their way.
I had noticed this earlier too. My understanding is the second crane should have been removed once the steel section was started. A couple of possibilities I have thought of are: either it is critical to the accelerated facade installation or they have realised it is necessary for the completion of other elements of the tower. On a more far fetched thought, it may be that they will need it for a higher spire?
dettol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2008, 02:03 PM   #4420
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6530

February 24th:

[IMG]http://i26.************/9psu93.jpg[/IMG]

and February 18th:

[IMG]http://i29.************/2lnbx1e.jpg[/IMG]
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
adrian smith, burj dubai, burj khalifa, downtown, dubai, dubai tower, emaar, megatall, middle east, rascacielos, sarajevo construction, skyscraper, spire, tallest, uae