daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 2nd, 2008, 03:50 AM   #4461
helghast

Likes (Received): 147

current status

approx from looking at recent pics, i believe this to be very accurate where we are at now

Sponsored Links
Old March 2nd, 2008, 04:10 AM   #4462
Fury
Proudly Canadian

Likes (Received): 350

Your bang on the money helghast. Level 159.

Here is the rest of that print. You can zoom in and read the level numbers, tier numbers, uses, etc. Some of my current plan comes directly from this.

Old March 2nd, 2008, 04:16 AM   #4463
dettol
Logarithm

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollie Maea View Post
Argh...on the flickr site it has "al burj1" and then "al burj 5" and "al burj 6" I want to see 2 3 and 4 !

By the way if this ends up really being it...looks great!
They were only up for what seemed to be a few minutes....

Some of us got them though

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...120490&page=74

dettol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2008, 04:16 AM   #4464
Fury
Proudly Canadian

Likes (Received): 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollie Maea View Post
Argh...on the flickr site it has "al burj1" and then "al burj 5" and "al burj 6" I want to see 2 3 and 4 !

By the way if this ends up really being it...looks great!
Hey Holly - go to the UAE forum - I posted the others there - I saved them before they were removed.

3 of them are a different design - I like the one that is still there better.

Holy - you fast on the trigger Det ...

Last edited by Fury; March 2nd, 2008 at 04:18 AM. Reason: Dettol
Fury no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2008, 04:31 AM   #4465
Hollie Maea

Likes (Received): 25

Thanks guys. I guess some of those ones near the water are designs they were working on when it was still in the waterfront
Hollie Maea no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2008, 04:32 AM   #4466
korea2002

Likes (Received): 1269

Development News-2008.3.1-Korean Developer,be ambitious!

Bridge residential and commercial complex Middle East oil money orders surged… kaenda

Korean construction companies in Dubai

Plant fast-growing areas外civil construction orders for 5.2 billion US dollars last year, South Korea…

Bai is being developed ingongseom ildu 25 'Palm jebelalri' construction. In the middle of a large doughnut-shaped ahhae Arabia landfill, and had a big circle. And the dozens of large crane and cement piers Came in at a glance. "Dubai is to attract foreign investors and tourists ingongseom project to be engaged, we jebelalri different islands in a farm building a bridge to them." (Samsung Construction yihyeongjin warden at the scene)

The paradigm of the Middle East construction market is changing. Simple structure of the economy so far out of the oil-Dependent finance, tourism, logistics and industrial structure to switch dabyeon qualified for the field of civil construction, and the order amount will be increased. The construction of a sea bridge construction orders with the business because of these changes.

◆ civil construction orders soared in the Middle East

Dubai's business facilities only 'Business Bay'. The two Yeouido Tower Crane and baemanhan dozens of high-rise buildings on the land are rising Whoo bamboo. This includes entrance to the peninsula and the encouragement of domestic construction show signs of a mid-sized construction companies stood side by side. Construction of a 24-story residential and commercial complex height members' business sangttebil Bay members' building, and directly across from the construction of the peninsula 'yubora Peninsula Tower' (57 stories) framing construction is in full swing.

Middle Eastern countries are actively pursuing the construction of infrastructure in the domestic construction sector, civil construction companies were only 5.277 billion US dollars in orders. Moreover, countries in the Middle East Civil Construction Corporation, the order will lead to at least four to five years or more is expected. Sales overseas GS heoseonhaeng sentence construction, "continued high oil prices, Middle East countries, such as road construction, new towns is more vigorous and large-scale development projects," he said.

◆ outside economic model relies on oil search

Civil construction is actively underway in the United Arab Emirates national, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and others. The main reason for the depletion of oil and the price plummeted to prepare for the financial industry, including tourism, because focusing on diversification. In particular, the development of Dubai as a business is successful climb to orbit around the country have jumped into competitively. Overseas Construction Association, the team leader Kim Jong-kook Middle East "In the past, when oil prices plunged in a difficult economic structure dependent on oil suffered, as it is outside of the biggest problems facing these countries," he said. Samsung sales manager responsible for construction projects in the Middle East gimbongju "outside the expected surge in oil prices and big profits began to take an interest olrija infrastructure construction," "to attract foreign investors and tourists, for reasons advanced houses and offices that need it." .

◆ large-scale development plans for each country poured

Middle Eastern countries have large-scale development plan, a move being implemented. Doha, the capital of Qatar, four million households chohohwa villas and high-rise apartments, a marina and boat all say artificial island 'Pearl Qatar' has recently finished two years of landfill operations. Abu capital of the United Arab Emirates late last year, all the rain 'plan Abu Dhabi 2030' announced. Abu Dhabi to see the main city in the developing world for the next five years to invest 200 billion US dollars. Saudi Arabia is also the size of 96 billion US dollars plan to build five new cities this year. Kuwait is a logistics centre in the Gulf region's trade with the island renowned for Jan Bouvier free trade zone development.

But the reality is nokrokhaji orders that the situation in the domestic construction companies. China, India, low-cost start-up offensive by the construction companies are pushing for the United States, Japan, the construction of high-technology companies because its orders to monopoly. Team leader Kim Jong-kook Middle East, "high-rise buildings and urban development projects, such as the expertise of each company to focus on areas acknowledged receiving advance, a victory walk," he said.

Video-http://www.tagstory.com/video/video_..._id=V000162820
korea2002 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2008, 04:35 AM   #4467
dettol
Logarithm

Looks like im not the only posting in the wrong thread?
Old March 2nd, 2008, 07:32 AM   #4468
Farmer77

Likes (Received): 1

The new Al Burj looks beautiful. I hope to one day see the Burj Dubai and maybe even the Al Burj with my own eyes instead of through the internet.
Old March 2nd, 2008, 07:58 AM   #4469
Old Town Resident
Sunny Intervals.

Likes (Received): 321

Update morning 02 March 2008

BD above the clouds this morning. I wasn’t really concentrating on the top because of the clouds, but is that a steel column to the left of the right crane?

Also as Imre says no mechanical cladding in progress yet although it did look like it in yesterdays pic.

[IMG]http://i25.************/e6bw1z.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i32.************/2uep4cj.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i29.************/k148r4.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by Old Town Resident; March 2nd, 2008 at 01:06 PM.
Old Town Resident no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2008, 08:01 AM   #4470
PwnedByASkyscraper
iPura Vida!

Likes (Received): 4

^The last pic is absolutely stunning .

Paises Favoritas Que Yo Visite: United States, Costa Rica, Nederland, Espana, Deutschland

*All images I contribute to the site are from Flickr unless stated otherwise.
PwnedByASkyscraper no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2008, 08:02 AM   #4471
DShoost88

Likes (Received): 885

Judging by that last photo and seeing how far the crane needs to lower to pick up materials, you get a much better idea of how much longer it must take to construct the tower as it approaches its top-out point. Between lowering the hook of the crane from the top to the base to pick up steel beams and take them back up again, the journey itself is nearly a mile. I can't imagine how much more painfully slowly the construction will be at this point.
DShoost88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2008, 09:28 AM   #4472
Bentown
Lost in Paradise

Likes (Received): 1849

cool Dubai ("-")
Bentown no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2008, 10:28 AM   #4473
jak3m

Likes (Received): 4

Woah @ new Al Burj. It is absolutely stunning!
It reminds me of London Shard, but oh well.
Thats what i call futuristic done with class.
Old March 2nd, 2008, 10:48 AM   #4474
kiwioperatr
wea da crane at?

Likes (Received): 0

can you tell me what sort of cranes those are?
Old March 2nd, 2008, 11:19 AM   #4475
wap-190

Likes (Received): 53

cladding above fourth mech floor and 5th steel floor has started ... great.
wap-190 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2008, 12:01 PM   #4476
abc

Likes (Received): 313

The cranes are FAVCO FAVELLE's... the one of the left is a 380D and the right one is a 440D...it can lift just a bit more.... they'd both be close to 200-tonne in weight.... and winching at a guess about 140metre a minute..
abc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2008, 12:32 PM   #4477
dettol
Logarithm

Awesome! Thx for the tech info abc

Using that info I found this website.

Anyone know russki?

Heres another intersting article in english giving info about the 3 original cranes.
Old March 2nd, 2008, 12:52 PM   #4478
Old Town Resident
Sunny Intervals.

Yes another floor of cladding started and 5th floor steel eventually

[IMG]http://i26.************/2uhn02p.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i30.************/o0cax5.jpg[/IMG]
Old March 2nd, 2008, 12:56 PM   #4479
Old Town Resident
Sunny Intervals.

Dettol: Anyone know Russki?

Два крана аналогичного типа задействованы на
Old March 2nd, 2008, 01:07 PM   #4480
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

@OTR: seems 5th steel floor has definitely started

from flickr march 1st:

[IMG]http://i30.************/sxyyjk.jpg[/IMG]

Februar 29th:

[IMG]http://i26.************/292sied.jpg[/IMG]

anytime in Feb:

[IMG]http://i29.************/34hexc9.jpg[/IMG]
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
adrian smith, burj dubai, burj khalifa, downtown, dubai, dubai tower, emaar, megatall, middle east, rascacielos, sarajevo construction, skyscraper, spire, tallest, uae