daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 26th, 2008, 12:13 PM   #6421
pierretoulouse
pierretoulouse

Likes (Received): 17

One of the best picture ever posted, amaising!!
pierretoulouse no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 26th, 2008, 12:37 PM   #6422
Buyckske Ruben

Likes (Received): 214

So alone in the sky, a true king in the sky. Blows away the rest.
Buyckske Ruben no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2008, 12:39 PM   #6423
Axel_F

Likes (Received): 137

yep, skyscraper beyond the clouds
Axel_F no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2008, 12:48 PM   #6424
buildmilehightower
NANI Luis Almeida Cunha

Likes (Received): 240

Ha hahahaha the king. Nice photo, when pentomonium or dubai tower 1 get built we'll see more, won't we?
buildmilehightower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2008, 12:52 PM   #6425
buildmilehightower
NANI Luis Almeida Cunha

I want to know why they put those steel rods between each cladding. Like on BD and chicago trump tower.
Old April 26th, 2008, 01:04 PM   #6426
CULWULLA

Likes (Received): 10120

great phot0.
just on burj park. if it has 3m floors it will be 186m. if it has 3.5m floors,=217m or 4m floors=248m. i think more like 217m.
cheers
Old April 26th, 2008, 01:33 PM   #6427
buildmilehightower
NANI Luis Almeida Cunha

Hello, I want someone to tell me how to post photos made by me which isn't in the web but in my compute file.
Old April 26th, 2008, 01:40 PM   #6428
Omaro
Tranced32

Likes (Received): 13

Wrong thread, but anyway, look for a photo hosting website like imageshack or photobucket.com
Old April 26th, 2008, 02:18 PM   #6429
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

Quote:
Originally Posted by waccamatt View Post
I don't know how those guys can work so high up. I wonder if anyone has fallen during construction of this building.
i know that 1 person has fallen down a few floors. but why not working so high up? doesn't matter if you work in 100m or 600m....when you fall down you're dead, the result is always the same
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2008, 03:26 PM   #6430
Old Town Resident
Sunny Intervals.

Likes (Received): 321

26th April Update

Some more columns going onto 8th floor steel today.

[IMG]http://i26.************/314x9qv.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i32.************/28arqjs.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i30.************/mm5wll.jpg[/IMG]
Old Town Resident no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2008, 05:05 PM   #6431
Stephan78

Likes (Received): 0

I am planning a visit to Dubai, probably in the end of the summer or in the beginning of Autumn.
I would like to ask the following, to people who have visited Dubai and the Burj Dubai ergotaxio:
1. What are the temperatures in Dubai in summer? Would I be able to handle with it? (btw I am Greek, and I am used to high temperatures!)
2. How close can I reach to the site of Burj Dubai? Are tourists allowed to come close and take photos or videos?
3. How far is Burj Dubai from the Dubai airport and the city center? Should I use a car or a taxi to get me there?
Stephan78 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2008, 05:15 PM   #6432
jimmyfa
BANNED

Likes (Received): 15

Burj Dubai's very grand!

Zefire liked this post
jimmyfa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2008, 05:15 PM   #6433
buildmilehightower
NANI Luis Almeida Cunha

dubai:

(going from january to december)

Average Maximum Temperature °C

24.0 25.4 28.2 32.9 37.6 39.5 40.8 41.3 38.9 35.4 30.5 26.2

Average Minimum Temperature °C

14.3 15.4 17.6 20.8 24.6 27.2 29.9 30.2 27.5 23.9 19.9 16.3
Old April 26th, 2008, 05:17 PM   #6434
Havefun85

I already get hight disease when i only look at it.
This building is truly an amazing thing.
Havefun85 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2008, 05:25 PM   #6435
Downfallen

Likes (Received): 2

Last edited by Downfallen; May 15th, 2008 at 08:15 PM.
Downfallen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2008, 06:07 PM   #6436
ABQ_X-PAT
A passion for Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 115

How safe?

Hello all!

First. I am not trying to start a flame here. But just how safe if Dubai for Americans and my sweetheart who is from Ireland? I believe it is one thing to be an American in the middle east... (not cared for) but an American from California in the middle east? Ouch! Even People from other parts of the United States do not like Californians!

I do want to visit Dubai as skyscrapers are my passion. Obviously Dubai is in the big-time now as far as skyscrapers go. So what is the security like there? I was told you cannot jaywalk without the police coming down on you and that they are very strict in controlling malcontents and/or not letting them into the country in the first place. How true is this?

In any event we have plans to head to Dubai in June. I plan on taking thousands of photos of the skyscrapers and if all goes well will return yearly to see the progress. We plan on heading to Hong Kong for holiday after Dubai so pics from there as well...

Anyone have some good tips and what/where to visit while I am in Dubai? (Skyscraper viewing aside)... I would love to hire a driver for the full week that I am there also... any suggestions?

*** Mods: I hope this post is within the scope of thread... if not my apologies...
ABQ_X-PAT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2008, 06:59 PM   #6437
skyboi
BANNED

Likes (Received): 77

Holy mother of god ! I am counting every day for this tower to be completed , this is one of the bold and the beautiful in present time , glad that it's progressing at fast pace ,819m tall and fully inhabitable is amazing

Zefire liked this post
skyboi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2008, 07:22 PM   #6438
austinsteev1

[QUOTE=Downfallen;20049173]As far as I know.....very hot June >Aug late 30's/early 40's and high humidity

The heat in Dubai wouldnt bother me either. I live in Arizona in the U.S. And our summer hi's are average of at least 113 degrees F, it has gotten as high as 122 degrees F, i not sure wat that is in Celsius. But for people not used to heat like that it can truly be deadly to some.........i wud PREFER it cooler in Dubai.....but i'm not going to let a little sun keep me from going there to check out this fantastic structure and all the other incredible things that are going on there!!! I just wished Dubailand would be completed alot sooner then 2020..LOL
austinsteev1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2008, 07:38 PM   #6439
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Likes (Received): 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQ_X-PAT View Post
Hello all!

First. I am not trying to start a flame here. But just how safe if Dubai for Americans and my sweetheart who is from Ireland? I believe it is one thing to be an American in the middle east... (not cared for) but an American from California in the middle east? Ouch! Even People from other parts of the United States do not like Californians!

I do want to visit Dubai as skyscrapers are my passion. Obviously Dubai is in the big-time now as far as skyscrapers go. So what is the security like there? I was told you cannot jaywalk without the police coming down on you and that they are very strict in controlling malcontents and/or not letting them into the country in the first place. How true is this?

In any event we have plans to head to Dubai in June. I plan on taking thousands of photos of the skyscrapers and if all goes well will return yearly to see the progress. We plan on heading to Hong Kong for holiday after Dubai so pics from there as well...

Anyone have some good tips and what/where to visit while I am in Dubai? (Skyscraper viewing aside)... I would love to hire a driver for the full week that I am there also... any suggestions?

*** Mods: I hope this post is within the scope of thread... if not my apologies...
Better post your questions here. You'll get more answers. I think you should be fine as long as you keep in mind that it's a different culture there and people are more conservative
Examples of things to avoid:
Being plastered drunk on a night out and shouting across the street.
Kissing your GF in public.
Her going topless on the beach.
Don't even think about bringing drugs.
etc...
malec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2008, 09:53 PM   #6440
Toronto75

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQ_X-PAT View Post
Hello all!

It's so much more safer than the safest city in the U.S., besides 45,000 Americans live here....

Tags
adrian smith, burj dubai, burj khalifa, downtown, dubai, dubai tower, emaar, megatall, middle east, rascacielos, sarajevo construction, skyscraper, spire, tallest, uae