daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 24th, 2008, 06:19 PM   #7381
cozak
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

Wow, many contructions surround Burj Dubai.

Zefire liked this post
cozak no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 24th, 2008, 06:26 PM   #7382
buildmilehightower
NANI Luis Almeida Cunha

Likes (Received): 240

Why are there spots around burj dubai where it's missing like one piece of glass where its surrounded by all the cladding?

You can see it in this photo, there are 3 spots above 3rd mechanical floor

[IMG]http://i30.************/307or5f.jpg[/IMG]
buildmilehightower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2008, 06:57 PM   #7383
EuropeForumAdv
byM

Likes (Received): 0

Good
Old May 24th, 2008, 06:59 PM   #7384
Tag_one

Likes (Received): 6

Some panels are removed for ventilation purposes. Since the A/C doesn't work yet it will become a bit to hot to work there without some fresh air
Tag_one no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2008, 07:19 PM   #7385
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Maybe you right, but I really doubt that these three missing panels make a difference

Last edited by patrykus; May 24th, 2008 at 07:26 PM.
patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2008, 09:20 PM   #7386
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

May 22nd from flickr, by Qiao-Da-Ye:

[IMG]http://i31.************/2uhwwg1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i30.************/11hqber.jpg[/IMG]

highres versions:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/qiaomen...45147/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/qiaomen...74042/sizes/o/
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2008, 09:26 PM   #7387
RON-E

Likes (Received): 35

I havent checked this thread in a while! looks very good now!
RON-E no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2008, 11:39 PM   #7388
ska.pre

Likes (Received): 695

i would like to jump form that building one day.if it will this be possible
of course with parachoue(or how it is write)
what you think
can climb the french ''spiderman'' who already climed most of heighest tower, can climb the burj dubai
ska.pre no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2008, 12:57 AM   #7389
beyond 1000
BANNED

Likes (Received): 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by smussuw View Post
Do I look like I care about attracting those kind of tourists, the ones who cannot resist kissing in public? We do NOT need people who cannot/don't want respect our laws and traditions.
smussuw

Your laws and traditions are important and must be respected especially in and around a mosque for example. In the general tourist area however if they are kept to the strictest standards, then you would only attract an Islamic world, provided that's what you want. If Dubai will become a world city, then it must relax CERTAIN public laws to attract the rest of the world or the city won't get much bigger than this. Nobody is asking for a Las Vegas here...not at all. It must have a global invite unless the Emir doesn't want it.

Zefire liked this post
beyond 1000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2008, 01:25 AM   #7390
*UofT*

Likes (Received): 18

Public affection isnt' that necessary to have anyways.

People who lack privacy usually rape each other in public, apart from that when in Rome...
*UofT* no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2008, 02:13 AM   #7391
ominorg
At méxico city

Likes (Received): 353

Thank's

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoverOfDubai View Post
Culwulla, why do you (and many others) always criticize and put down people that do not like the Burj Dubai? Whenever someone makes a comment that you do not like or agree with, you always reply as if they are completely wrong and that such opinions are not welcome here. Well, I should say that you are wrong. Opinions of all types should be welcome here, no matter what you think. As Ominorg rightly states, these forums are to discuss the Burj Dubai and to not only say "nice picture," "nice building," "best building in the world," "the world's best," etc. We are supposed to discuss why the Burj Dubai is good and bad, whether it should or should not have been built. That is what makes these forums good, because there is no censorship or brick walls to prevent certain views.

I should add that just because the "Burj Dubai is the next wonder of the world [and] the tallest everything" does not make it great. The Burj Dubai has many problems and I think the massive scale/size of this building does not automatically make it the best in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krattle View Post
The need for building such large scale things is the most basic human need - to become better at everything we do. It's quite an achievement to build something so tall, surpassing everything ever built before. It shows that our engineering knowledge and ability has developed.

EDIT: Btw, I'm not saying you shouldn't post, I'm just posting my own opinion in response
Thank you for all that you two says. I look at that building and I think that's just a waste of money in the world, meanwhile people doesn't even have a house but whatever, I understand they build that thing because thay have the money to do it. And they do it just for the competition to see who has it bigger (mexican joke). After all, i'm glad to "talk" with you and sorry if you can't understand some things I say but I don't speak english very well.
Grettings from mexico (the palaces' city).
ominorg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2008, 03:16 AM   #7392
haldcottingham
SoCal Hal

Location: Atlanta(via Mobile, Philadelphia, Detroit, Norfolk, Charleston, Toledo and San Diego)
Likes (Received): 14

That aerial almost looks unreal. I miss visiting the city.
Would you like that in the can?
No, I'll have it right here.

http://www.haldcottingham.blogspot.com
haldcottingham no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2008, 04:14 AM   #7393
Renan MG
The Force´s Strong in you

Well, at least you have already visited Dubai
I wish I could travel there
Renan MG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2008, 06:39 AM   #7394
Fury
Proudly Canadian

Likes (Received): 350

Hi all.

Nice shot above - - posted by ZZ - shows the first column of tier 19. Here is another from Deviantart - Meldoux - 08 05 23.
Thanks to Darth Shemp for finding this and many other great shots there !

Thumb - as it is large.

Nice to have visual confirmation of the last record breaking height by the Burj Dubai. 649.7 m. ( yes I know the column actually sticks up above the 6.4 m. high horizontal beams of the first section of tier 19 AND they may be measuring from the Concourse Level when they do the official measurement BUT I am sticking to the plans for now )

The tallest man-made structure in history !!!

What a feat - Banaculation time !!

That felt good - time for a smoke ......

Lots of uncharted territory to venture up into now.

Old May 25th, 2008, 06:59 AM   #7395
LoverOfDubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ominorg View Post
Thank you for all that you two says. I look at that building and I think that's just a waste of money in the world, meanwhile people doesn't even have a house but whatever, I understand they build that thing because thay have the money to do it. And they do it just for the competition to see who has it bigger (mexican joke). After all, i'm glad to "talk" with you and sorry if you can't understand some things I say but I don't speak english very well.
Your welcome, Ominorg. I hope you do not mind if I voice my opinion on the building. I have actually not made my mind if I like it or not. Sometimes I think it looks really ugly and is too big, but at other times I think it looks very nice. I have decided that I will wait until the Burj Dubai is complete and in-use until I make an opinion on whether it is a good building or not. The main issues I have with the building is its location. I would rather there be more buildings beside it, instead of having a lot of empty area around it. But I know that this was done by Emaar so that the Burj Dubai looks taller. I also think the glass is too shiny/reflective. I would have liked a better façade, and maybe even some balconies. I know this would have meant a different design, but it might have been better.

Y... ¡hablas inglés muy bien, Ominorg!
LoverOfDubai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2008, 07:09 AM   #7396
Dziggy

Likes (Received): 1127

this building is a fantastic monument to the mankind! Amazing! this is the thing i would really like to see live. now that it is really here i am really amazed. Beautiful style. it has soul , even though it isn't finished yet.

cheers!
Old May 25th, 2008, 12:03 PM   #7397
Krattle

Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
Right, I totally agree. I'm guessing you're using the internet in a library, since you probably sold your house and all of your possessions, in order to feed and clothe the poor. Why should we build, make, or do anything when someone somewhere might not have enough food, might not have good clothing, or might just feel a little depressed. Your philosophy rocks!
Krattle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2008, 12:58 PM   #7398
Dubai_Boy
I love Abu Dhabi.

Likes (Received): 2435

Quote:
(the palaces' city).

Old May 25th, 2008, 01:08 PM   #7399
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond 1000 View Post
smussuw

Your laws and traditions are important and must be respected especially in and around a mosque for example. In the general tourist area however if they are kept to the strictest standards, then you would only attract an Islamic world, provided that's what you want. If Dubai will become a world city, then it must relax CERTAIN public laws to attract the rest of the world or the city won't get much bigger than this. Nobody is asking for a Las Vegas here...not at all. It must have a global invite unless the Emir doesn't want it.
Local laws are relaxed enough for everyone with some brain, to enjoy the place and the visit here.

Me and most of the (so called) western residents of the city are happy that Dubai has not become a destination for hordes of trash like South of Spain, some Greek islands and Cancoun in Mexico. Not only that, but we would prefer it to stay that way. PERIOD!

Now back to BURJ DUBAI, the tower!!!
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2008, 01:13 PM   #7400
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildmilehightower View Post
Why are there spots around burj dubai where it's missing like one piece of glass where its surrounded by all the cladding?
It is normal for every building under construction. Reasons can be many: from accidental breaking of the glass, to defective panel or intentionally left that way for work related reasons on that particular spot.
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
adrian smith, burj dubai, burj khalifa, downtown, dubai, dubai tower, emaar, megatall, middle east, rascacielos, sarajevo construction, skyscraper, spire, tallest, uae