daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 9th, 2008, 03:45 AM   #7761
CrazyDave

Likes (Received): 192

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildmilehightower View Post
How long would it be estimated to demolish this structure, I mean after like 1000 years even. They can't use dinamites can they?
They will never take it down. It will be to famous of a landmark. That would be like taking the Pantheon down because it's 2,000 years old. Or taken the Empire State Building down.
CrazyDave no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 9th, 2008, 04:48 AM   #7762
Fury
Proudly Canadian

Likes (Received): 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel_F View Post
Hey Fury, where did you get this blueprints of the floors? Do you have all for every tier? Can I get them, because i want to build a model of BD. Would be nice!
No my collection is far from a complete set of prints.

Old June 9th, 2008, 08:04 AM   #7763
unknownquinones
GMA7 Powers Founder

Likes (Received): 0

I have release II in my own work, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lMXyb9_RVI
unknownquinones no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2008, 04:54 PM   #7764
Buyckske Ruben

Likes (Received): 214

Bad, bad news...

translated:

The Burj Dubai will not be produced this year. The construction of highest towers in the world a delay of nine months has incurred. That made confessed developer Emaar Properties Monday.

The project incurred already more earlier delay. Thus the company that went the gable lining look after bankrupt and last March to be still communicated that construction celebrates problems with the interior design months on diagram had touched.

The cause of the new delay was not communicated, but is possible it do have with a strike in November previous year. More then 40,000 builders laid down the work to enforce working conditions more remunerations and better. A spooksmen said then all that there deadlines be missed could, without stepping further in detail.

How high tower go become still it has not been revealed. Most postulated altitude is 818 meters. The opening does not take place now in any case for august 2009.

Source: Arabian Business
Buyckske Ruben no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2008, 04:58 PM   #7765
Buyckske Ruben

Likes (Received): 214

Burj Dubai facing 9-month delay!

The Burj Dubai is facing up to a nine month delay and is unlikely to be finished until August or September next year, Emaar Chairman Mohammed Alabbar revealed on Monday.

HOLE ARTICKLE:

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/52154...-9-month-delay
Buyckske Ruben no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2008, 05:01 PM   #7766
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6522

that's a pity
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2008, 05:10 PM   #7767
Hollie Maea

Likes (Received): 25

Uh...we've known for ages, ZZ, that there would be a delay of about that much. You didn't still think it was going to open in December did you?
Hollie Maea no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2008, 05:16 PM   #7768
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

i know that it won't be completed until december this year , i understood the article in that direction that the tower won't be completed in mid 2009
Old June 9th, 2008, 05:20 PM   #7769
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollie Maea View Post
Uh...we've known for ages, ZZ, that there would be a delay of about that much. You didn't still think it was going to open in December did you?
Does it mater if he really though that or not?

I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2008, 05:22 PM   #7770
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

lol, i never thought it will be completed until december this year......i thought it is another delay
Old June 9th, 2008, 06:47 PM   #7771
Fury
Proudly Canadian

Likes (Received): 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buyckske Ruben View Post
The Burj Dubai is facing up to a nine month delay and is unlikely to be finished until August or September next year, Emaar Chairman Mohammed Alabbar revealed on Monday.

HOLE ARTICKLE:

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/52154...-9-month-delay
Hi all.

Emaar is just releasing this publicly now as the article is dated June 9 '08.

We have had this info for ages as we have the inside track. The revised schedule that I have posted parts of many times is dated Feb. 26 '07.
It has top out 3rd week of Sept. '08 and completion Aug. 16 '09.

It also has the second tower crane coming down mid June and the 3rd and last tower crane remaining up untill mid Dec. '08 - long after top out - we shall see.

Old June 9th, 2008, 07:20 PM   #7772
Partizan

Likes (Received): 1

BD will be finnished externaly this year.. but internaly.. who knows..
Partizan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2008, 09:19 PM   #7773
buildmilehightower
NANI Luis Almeida Cunha

Likes (Received): 240

Photos by OTR and Imre

buildmilehightower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2008, 09:21 PM   #7774
buildmilehightower
NANI Luis Almeida Cunha

The 11th steel floor shows quite slow progress.
Old June 9th, 2008, 09:34 PM   #7775
buildmilehightower
NANI Luis Almeida Cunha

Good news Burj dubai will add more floors to the final design. May be due to the delay.
Old June 9th, 2008, 10:15 PM   #7776
PwnedByASkyscraper
iPura Vida!

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildmilehightower View Post
Good news Burj dubai will add more floors to the final design. May be due to the delay.
First, you really need to avoid double posting. Second, do you actually have some source that can prove this?

Paises Favoritas Que Yo Visite: United States, Costa Rica, Nederland, Espana, Deutschland

*All images I contribute to the site are from Flickr unless stated otherwise.
PwnedByASkyscraper no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2008, 10:33 PM   #7777
helghast

Likes (Received): 147

Burj Dubai will grow additional floors

A previous version of this story incorrectly stated that the tower would be 638 metres tall when completed. The tower is currently 638 metres and the final height it will reach is unknown but expected to be the tallest building in the world upon completion.

Developers of the world’s tallest building project, the Burj Dubai, have decided to add at least one more floor to the tower, which currently stands at 638 metres, pushing its final height further up into the sky but also delaying the project by six months.

We are going higher, and this is one of the reasons why the project is delayed,” said Fred Durie, the executive director for Emaar Properties.

The company has not said how much taller the Burj, which was to be 160 floors, would become with the expansion. A spire and extra floors housing the building’s communication centre accounted for the expansion, said Mr Durie.

The change of plans pushes the project’s expected completion to September of next year. The original deadline was December, but the developer had already extended the deadline once, to next April.

Burj Dubai is the product of a joint venture between the local Arabtec Construction company, South Korea’s Samsung and Belgium’s Besix.

Making the tower taller had always been a possibility, said a contractor working on the project, who spoke on the condition of anonymity. The building’s final height, on completion, has been kept a closely guarded secret.

Mr Durie said that the extra height would pose greater challenges to construction, because of the wind factor created by making a building that tall. In May, 18 days of work was lost due to strong winds.

“The higher you go, the more difficult it becomes to build, as when the wind picks up work has to stop,” said Mr Durie. “Vertical transportation also gets more difficult the higher you go – this is the problem with going taller.”

Mohammed Ali Alabbar, the chairman of Emaar, said the interior of the Burj Dubai was also creating delays.

“This is a once in a lifetime job, and we are pushing for quality,” said Mr Alabbar. “It’s going to be the tallest tower in the world, so giving contractors an extra few months to get it right will be worth it.”

Burj Dubai is to be the centrepiece of Downtown Burj Dubai, which will also be home to the world’s largest mall, Dubai Mall. Mr Alabbar said that the mall, a joint venture between Dutco Balfour Beatty and Consolidated Contractors International Company, had been expanded by 30 per cent from its original design.

Downtown Burj Dubai would also see the addition of a massive new fountain to be built at a cost of Dh800 million (US$217m), the company announced yesterday. The fountain is to be 275 metres long and will shoot water 150 metres – the equivalent of 50 floors – into the air, in a show which will be set to music and augmented with 6,600 lights and 50 colour projectors.

The fountain is being installed by BK Gulf, the mechanical engineering arm of Dutco Balfour Beatty, next to Burj Dubai and Dubai Mall. Emaar, which set a completion date of next April, has hopes the fountain will attract an additional 10 million visitors each year.

Mr Alabbar said the company would not be able to recover the cost of building, but viewed the fountain as increasing the overall value of its brand and of the surrounding development.

“The subject of creating the right environment for people to live in has become critical,” he said. “As a company, we’re interested in building a complete development as opposed to just providing office or residential space. When we do business we want to create a landmark environment.”

Much of Downtown Burj Dubai is complete, including a number of residential towers and complexes as well as several hotels. Mr Alabbar said that most of the construction work on the development would be finished by September.

[email protected]

http://www.thenational.ae/article/20...1&profile=1001
Old June 9th, 2008, 11:04 PM   #7778
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

these infos are very very old....638m probably was one of the first versions of the BD

btw...recent night shot by craigwright76 on flickr:

[IMG]http://i32.************/ih49wp.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by ZZ-II; June 9th, 2008 at 11:20 PM.
Old June 10th, 2008, 12:15 AM   #7779
buildmilehightower
NANI Luis Almeida Cunha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZ-II View Post
these infos are very very old....638m probably was one of the first versions of the BD
NOPE, from today: http://www.thenational.ae/article/20...1&profile=1001
Old June 10th, 2008, 12:25 AM   #7780
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

i said the infos are very old and not the article

Tags
adrian smith, burj dubai, burj khalifa, downtown, dubai, dubai tower, emaar, megatall, middle east, rascacielos, sarajevo construction, skyscraper, spire, tallest, uae