daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old November 17th, 2007, 10:15 PM   #1281
harryc
Registered User
 
harryc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oak Park, Il
Posts: 2,099
Likes (Received): 375

Quote:
Originally Posted by idkblk View Post
I've a question about this picture:



Where are the elevatorshafts?
Is the white "roof" just the top of the self rising form ? - from above you won't be able to see the elveator shafts. ( from 353 N Clark, Chicago, US ).

There are 3 square shafts below this form, one has the white crane, 1 the red, and the 3rd has been covered. The forms hang from this platform of beams, which sits on stilts that connect to the last completed section.



idkblk - that is a killer floor plan - took a minute to recognize the elevator shafts - so many,
__________________
Harry C --- Picassa ---- Web Shots

“War is where the young and stupid are tricked by the old and bitter into killing each other.”

--Niko Bellic
harryc no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 17th, 2007, 10:25 PM   #1282
idkblk
-InQontrol-
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 221
Likes (Received): 2

Mh, yah sounds very plausible.
But looks very complicated though. There must be another formwork down below to errect all the other walls in the core. Anyway, now it's relatively simple. When you look back 1.5-2 years... when the burj looked like that





Formwork everywhere... i ask myself how does such a big project work with no jerk forgetting to make the changes for a door in the wall in the formwork... Just incredible!!!

Last edited by idkblk; November 17th, 2007 at 10:34 PM.
idkblk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2007, 10:30 PM   #1283
harryc
Registered User
 
harryc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oak Park, Il
Posts: 2,099
Likes (Received): 375

Quote:
Originally Posted by idkblk View Post
Mh, yah sounds very plausible.
But looks very complicated though. There must be another formwork down below to errect all the other walls in the core.
I believe in your photo the black lines are the spaces in between the forms, the walls or core, the white areas are the tops of the frames, what will be "open". Does anyone know ?
__________________
Harry C --- Picassa ---- Web Shots

“War is where the young and stupid are tricked by the old and bitter into killing each other.”

--Niko Bellic
harryc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2007, 10:36 PM   #1284
Fury
Proudly Canadian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,059
Likes (Received): 350

Hi all.

- Actually that is the Armani floorplan - levels 9 to 16.
You are correct Harry - Here is a print of level 3. A repost but it shows the lifts very well.



Picasa - Sarah - 07 11 10:







Flickr - magda - 07 11 14



Enjoy.
__________________
Burj Khalifa - The Greatest Structure of our Time !!
Fury no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2007, 11:36 PM   #1285
jogiba
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 264
Likes (Received): 434

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDave View Post
I read somewhere that Burj Dubai will be 5.5 million sq/ft. 25% more space than the Sears Tower. So the Tower is thin at all, that's a hell of a lot of rental space.
Do you have a link ? The Dubai Mall has a proposed gross floor area of 5.5 million sq m, spread over four levels, of which 3.6 million sq m is dedicated retail space.
jogiba no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2007, 12:11 AM   #1286
the sock
Registered User
 
the sock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,725
Likes (Received): 80

hello to jhalsey i thought that the natwest tower was 600 foot and canary whalf was 777foot high which is the uk tallest building.
the sock no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2007, 12:28 AM   #1287
MetalliTooL
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 467
Likes (Received): 20

Can't wait for it to start going up again. This is getting boring.
MetalliTooL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2007, 01:58 AM   #1288
CULWULLA
Registered User
 
CULWULLA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 62,752
Likes (Received): 10129

^but there iss till some to watch, like the facade and concrete sections on lower levels. at least there catching up and will look better once steel is rising. should come together well next year.
__________________
Sydney Harbour Bridge -1932, Sydney Opera House- 1973, Sydney Tower- 1981, Crown Sydney- 2020.. https://www.buildsydney.com/forum
CULWULLA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2007, 11:02 AM   #1289
Brummyboy92
Birmingham = #1
 
Brummyboy92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 5,936
Likes (Received): 1309

This has grown so much since I last came onto here, and I am loving every moment of it.
__________________
Sometime I wish I could be you, so I could be friends with me.
-Angelica Pickles
Brummyboy92 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2007, 11:08 AM   #1290
Infrasuper Planet
Infrasuper Planet
 
Infrasuper Planet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 399
Likes (Received): 1

Earlier we were discussing just how massive this tower actually is, cause from all the photos we were viewing it appeared that the tower wasn't 'extraordinarily' tall and some were even saying that it was way to thin at the bottom for it to comfortably and proportionally reach 819m tall. Some said that because we hadn't seen a tower this tall before or because we had no life size object we could use, to relate and compare the height and width of this building, was the reason it didn't look big. Also the fact that because the photos are taken from a distant, the building can also appear small.

Just to put things into perspective on actually how huge this tower is I have the floor plans of Eureka Tower Melbourne (lev 11), along with a photograph of Eureka, to compare with the floor plans of the armani hotel in Burj Dubai. I have also photoshopped both floorplans showing a scaled size figure of a human (represented by the red line), using the beds as a guide to the size of a human in proportion to the floor plan, to visually represent what it would look like with people inside the building. This should give you all a clear sense of just how enormous the Burj Dubai is. Just beyond belief

Enjoy!!!

Photograph of Eureka Tower:


Photoshopped floor plan of Eureka tower (lev 11)


Photoshopped floor plan of Burj Dubai Armani Hotel
__________________

Aerials are Beyond Ones Mind to Imagine.
We are watching the Future Rise from the depth of the Earth and into the Heavens ever Higher
Infrasuper Planet no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2007, 01:38 PM   #1291
Imre
Dubai
 
Imre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Dubai
Posts: 40,564
Likes (Received): 315

18/November/2007

Burj Dubai, nice weather today













Imre no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2007, 01:44 PM   #1292
Crizzy
Registered User
 
Crizzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bielefeld
Posts: 323
Likes (Received): 5

wow great pics thank you
Crizzy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2007, 01:51 PM   #1293
Jude12
Architecture Student
 
Jude12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Manila - Sydney - Hong Kong
Posts: 3,074
Likes (Received): 43

nice pics Imre. i can see that the cladding is going up pretty fast now.
Jude12 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2007, 02:54 PM   #1294
mcdonnell77
Registered User
 
mcdonnell77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Chester, UK
Posts: 180
Likes (Received): 5

Does anyone know actually when they are gonna start putting steel on the top?
__________________
I love the World Trade Center!
mcdonnell77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2007, 03:22 PM   #1295
Havefun85
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 69
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infrasuper Planet View Post
Earlier we were discussing just how massive this tower actually is, cause from all the photos we were viewing it appeared that the tower wasn't 'extraordinarily' tall and some were even saying that it was way to thin at the bottom for it to comfortably and proportionally reach 819m tall. Some said that because we hadn't seen a tower this tall before or because we had no life size object we could use, to relate and compare the height and width of this building, was the reason it didn't look big. Also the fact that because the photos are taken from a distant, the building can also appear small.

Just to put things into perspective on actually how huge this tower is I have the floor plans of Eureka Tower Melbourne (lev 11), along with a photograph of Eureka, to compare with the floor plans of the armani hotel in Burj Dubai. I have also photoshopped both floorplans showing a scaled size figure of a human (represented by the red line), using the beds as a guide to the size of a human in proportion to the floor plan, to visually represent what it would look like with people inside the building. This should give you all a clear sense of just how enormous the Burj Dubai is. Just beyond belief

Enjoy!!!

Photograph of Eureka Tower:


Photoshopped floor plan of Eureka tower (lev 11)


Photoshopped floor plan of Burj Dubai Armani Hotel
I have a question about tthat last photoshopped floor plan you posted.
If i look at the emergency staircase's, they are not situated in a way that eveyrbody on all appartments can go 2 ways if there is a fire.
for example the people of the big apartements furthest away form the core,
can only go 1 way if there is a fire. And if that fire is at that aprtement next to them, they can't escape safely.
Or don't they take fire escape's building laws that serieuosly in these regions?
Havefun85 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2007, 03:57 PM   #1296
whoami
Registered User
 
whoami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 394
Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croat View Post
Mechanical floor cladding, finally!

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/5...solt015cd4.jpg

SOM calls it strong back. or backbone of the cladding as it is offset. its not the cladding perse. MF units ( read :cladding) could only be installed as soon as the units below is done.

Maybe its a visual mockup...
whoami no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2007, 04:57 PM   #1297
nasim50
BANNED
 
nasim50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 60
Likes (Received): 1

Something complety different.............. with all these super skyscrapers coming up in the middle east has anyone thought maybe its the end of time???

Coming days to Judgement day as its says something in the holy books that the signs are there when there are tall structures on earth.

Thats what i heard anywhere

Just something different
__________________

Zefire liked this post
nasim50 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2007, 04:58 PM   #1298
helghast
Registered User
 
helghast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,374
Likes (Received): 147

they say 2012 is Judgement day, off topic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havefun85 View Post
I have a question about tthat last photoshopped floor plan you posted.
If i look at the emergency staircase's, they are not situated in a way that eveyrbody on all appartments can go 2 ways if there is a fire.
for example the people of the big apartements furthest away form the core,
can only go 1 way if there is a fire. And if that fire is at that aprtement next to them, they can't escape safely.
Or don't they take fire escape's building laws that serieuosly in these regions?
believe me, the engineers and architects really thought about it. so i highly doubt they didnt figure something out for the apartments that are farthest from the core
helghast no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2007, 05:23 PM   #1299
jhalsey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London
Posts: 1,259
Likes (Received): 181

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sock View Post
hello to jhalsey i thought that the natwest tower was 600 foot and canary whalf was 777foot high which is the uk tallest building.
True but Canary Wharf is not in the City of London. The City of London is a small borough around St Paul's Cathedral comprising a square mile or so.
jhalsey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2007, 05:25 PM   #1300
Dyn.tek
Unregistered User
 
Dyn.tek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 275
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasim50 View Post
Something complety different.............. with all these super skyscrapers coming up in the middle east has anyone thought maybe its the end of time???

Coming days to Judgement day as its says something in the holy books that the signs are there when there are tall structures on earth.

Thats what i heard anywhere

Just something different
end of time is coming!! thats what uriella told me!:



thx for the update imre.
Dyn.tek no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
adrian smith, burj dubai, burj khalifa, downtown, dubai, dubai tower, emaar, megatall, middle east, rascacielos, sarajevo construction, skyscraper, spire, tallest, uae

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu