daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 17th, 2009, 11:43 PM   #14681
helghast

Likes (Received): 147

Burj Dubai all set for 09/09/09 soft opening

http://www.business24-7.ae/articles/...01f3f7ded.aspx

Sponsored Links
Old January 17th, 2009, 11:47 PM   #14682
DinoVabec
Worldwide

Likes (Received): 752

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarott View Post

btw dinovabec: you missed 3 dots on the diagram :>
Where?
DinoVabec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2009, 11:47 PM   #14683
Jarott

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Burj Dubai has risen to its final height of 818 metres, a project contractor told this newspaper in a recent interview. The spire was erected in the third week of December. Since then, a beacon has been installed at the top, usually the final topping-out of a tower.
which says the article is plain bullshit :> we saw couple jackings after the beacon was lit :>
Jarott no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2009, 11:49 PM   #14684
Steve_DXB

Quote:
hey guys, you showed it yourself: the top floors are 3m. so if the manhole moved ~one floor up, what was prooved, then we have a 4m rise MAX. what's so complicated about it?

otr: this amount of sarcasm may couse some overheat ;P
Jarott

The panels on the spire cladding that is been jacked up are 3.2m (distance between the horizontal lines, from Fury's annotated picture)
The floors on the main structure are 6m (from Culwulla's diagram).

For some perspective, the manhole has gone up approximately 5 times it's own height. It's roughly twice as high as it is wide so if the spire has gone up only 4m that hole is 80cmx40cm - obviously for a very small man to go through sideways and on his knees!
Steve_DXB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2009, 11:51 PM   #14685
DinoVabec
Worldwide

Quote:
Originally Posted by helghast View Post
Burj Dubai all set for 09/09/09 soft opening

By Sona Nambiar on Sunday, January 18, 2009

Burj Dubai, the world's tallest man-made structure, will see a "soft opening" on September 9 this year in tandem with the launch of Dubai Metro, according to an industry source.

"The target is to have the event coincide with the opening of the Metro on 09/09/09," a person close to the matter told Emirates Business. "There is still work to be done in terms of finishing the building," the person said. "This includes the access and exit planning as well as connecting the sewerage lines to the main network."

These issues are being addressed to ensure optimum working of the building before final occupancy, the person said.

Despite several attempts, developer Emaar Properties did not comment on the subject by the time this newspaper went to press.

The groundbreaking for Burj Dubai took place in September 2004 and completion was projected by late 2008. In June 2008, Emaar Chairman Mohamed Ali Alabbar said in a statement: "We believe that a completion date of September 2009 is possible and reasonable for a project of this global magnitude and significance."

Burj Dubai has risen to its final height of 818 metres, a project contractor told this newspaper in a recent interview. The spire was erected in the third week of December. Since then, a beacon has been installed at the top, usually the final topping-out of a tower.

When completed, Burj Dubai will meet all four criteria listed by the Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat (CTBUH), which classifies the world's tallest structures. CTBUH measures the height of buildings to the structural top, the highest occupied floor, the top of the roof and the tip of the spire, pinnacle, antenna, mast or flagpole.

Contractor Besix said it is working to complete the work on schedule. "We signed a new agreement with Emaar Properties last year and they gave us an extension of time to complete the project in 2009," said Didier Bosredon, Deputy Project Director at Besix.

"The 154th floor will house the office of the Emaar chairman. The fašade is still not finished and work is in progress," he said.

Besix is working jointly with Samsung and Arabtec as the main contractors on Burj Dubai.

The tower will have an observation deck on Level 124, which will offer visitors a bird's-eye view of the city and beyond.

Burj Dubai is part of the $20 billion (Dh73.47bn) Burj Dubai development, which includes a shopping mall, hotels and a variety of residential buildings.
Old January 18th, 2009, 12:06 AM   #14686
Old Town Resident
Sunny Intervals.

Likes (Received): 321

Hmmmm, an article in business 24/7 dated Saturday 17th December quoting an unknown contractor and a statement by Sona Nambiar on Sunday, January 18, 2009 in the same article.

Some sticky fingers in this post, or can someone give me Sona's number so I can get next weeks lotto numbers.

Oh, and this site was posted before todays jacking, well done Sona, what model of crystal ball do you use
Old Town Resident no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2009, 12:10 AM   #14687
cooperchris

Quote:
hey guys, you showed it yourself: the top floors are 3m. so if the manhole moved ~one floor up, what was prooved, then we have a 4m rise MAX. what's so complicated about it?

The steel floors are 6.4m, each piece of cladding is 3.2m, so exactly 2 cladding pieces per one steel section. That hatch would have to be for the Burj Dubai guard dog if it only moved up 4m!! Look at it compared with a steel section, it's about the same height as a man, no way it moved up 4m, the spire moved up over 9m.

cooperchris no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2009, 12:10 AM   #14688
DinoVabec
Worldwide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town Resident View Post
Hmmmm, an article in business 24/7 dated Saturday 17th December quoting an unknown contractor and a statement by Sona Nambiar on Sunday, January 18, 2009 in the same article.

Some sticky fingers in this post, or can someone give me Sona's number so I can get next weeks lotto numbers.

Oh, and this site was posted before todays jacking, well done Sona, what model of crystal ball do you use
Is there any article lately that isn't full of crap and that shows the real situation??
Old January 18th, 2009, 12:13 AM   #14689
Hightech Pro

Likes (Received): 21

Quote:

The rise was about 8.5m (6.4m + 2 times the doors height), the missing 1.5m has already been sticking out at the top on the previous shots before the jacking!
Hightech Pro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2009, 12:13 AM   #14690
DinoVabec
Worldwide

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperchris View Post
The steel floors are 6.4m, each piece of cladding is 3.2m, so exactly 2 cladding pieces per one steel section. That hatch would have to be for the Burj Dubai guard dog if it only moved up 4m!! Look at it compared with a steel section, it's about the same height as a man, no way it moved up 4m, the spire moved up over 9m.

Save your nerves...We know that it's T/O...
Fury will come and tell the same, and then wont be any doubt anymore...
Old January 18th, 2009, 12:16 AM   #14691
cooperchris

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoVabec View Post
Save your nerves...We know that it's T/O...
Fury will come and tell the same, and then wont be any doubt anymore...
Hopefully!
Old January 18th, 2009, 12:18 AM   #14692
DinoVabec
Worldwide

Quote:
Hopefully!
In case he wont be online today, I have another proof that it's on 818...
Old January 18th, 2009, 12:19 AM   #14693
stefan040780

Quote:

rofl...a hatch for the Burj Dubai guard dog...great
stefan040780 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2009, 12:23 AM   #14694
Jarott

Quote:

so i think you should bash at yourself mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_DXB View Post
Jarott

The panels on the spire cladding that is been jacked up are 3.2m (distance between the horizontal lines, from Fury's annotated picture)
The floors on the main structure are 6m (from Culwulla's diagram).

For some perspective, the manhole has gone up approximately 5 times it's own height. It's roughly twice as high as it is wide so if the spire has gone up only 4m that hole is 80cmx40cm - obviously for a very small man to go through sideways and on his knees!
1st of all: and the arabian guys are the bigger brothers of yao ming, all of them.
2nd of all: the floors are 3m high there you have the diagram. (and as proven on the pic below, two claddings make one floor which makes them 1,5m high, 3x1,5m gives 4.5m . so you have another proof? damn i'm to good).
and finally 3rd of all: if the floors are 3m high, which they are (hint: the diagram) on the previous page i made a nice graph that shows the manhole went one floor up. maybe a bit more which will be about 4m up. check it out, its there.

edit: for your comfort:

Quote:
Where?

the greeny onesies

Quote:
Is there any article lately that isn't full of crap and that shows the real situation??

i don't know, but this one is crap and therefore its useless. according to it, the bd topped out a month ago.

Last edited by Jarott; January 18th, 2009 at 12:32 AM.
Jarott no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2009, 12:26 AM   #14695
cooperchris

Quote:
In case he wont be online today, I have another proof that it's on 818...
I'm intrigued...
Old January 18th, 2009, 12:30 AM   #14696
Fury
Proudly Canadian

Likes (Received): 350

Hi all.

As long as they stick to the plans - and I'm sure they will.

Absolutely - without a doubt - TOPPED OUT !!!!!!!!!

I will make a labelled shot to help illustrate - although many of you have made excelent ones.

WOOHOO !!!!!!

Old January 18th, 2009, 12:31 AM   #14697
nautica17

w00t! Finally!
nautica17 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2009, 12:31 AM   #14698
ArchiTennis
Angeleeeeeeeno

Likes (Received): 66

Quote:
first of all: lots of you guys suddenly became extremly knowlagable, making decissions and stuff. funny

and as forr the jack: in my opinion it hasn't topped out, just like otr said, and as for proof:

the green lines show you the floors. as you see the manhole moved only a bit more than one floor up. it may be the highest structure on earth, but i don't belive it has 10m floors.

and as for the cladding. if you compare the yellow line to the green one, you can see, that there are two cladding pieces, for one floor. and this again is a proof for going up about 4m, leaving the building at ~812m.

btw the emaar guys must be quite entertaining people, even getting the idea of visually increasing the tower height by making the top cladding smaller demands some specific way of thinking. i'm sure having a dinner with them must be soooooooo interesting.
thanks...this is very useful.
ArchiTennis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2009, 12:32 AM   #14699
cooperchris

Quote:

so i think you should bash at yourself mate.

1st of all: and the arabian guys are the bigger brothers of yao ming, all of them.
2nd of all: the floors are 3m high there you have the diagram.
and finally 3rd of all: if the floors are 3m high, which they are (hint: the diagram) on the previous page i made a nice graph that shows the manhole went one floor up. maybe a bit more which will be about 4m up. check it out, its there.

the greeny onesies

i don't know, but this one is crap and therefore its useless. according to it, the bd topped out a month ago.
OH MY GOD!! Culwulla rounded the height of the floors down to 3m!!! Same for 6m floors which are exactly 6.4m. I HAVE OFFICIAL PLANS WHICH FURY KINDLY GAVE ME. They show each piece of cladding as 3.2m!

Fury, SOS!

Old January 18th, 2009, 12:33 AM   #14700
cooperchris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fury View Post
Hi all.

As long as they stick to the plans - and I'm sure they will.

Absolutely - without a doubt - TOPPED OUT !!!!!!!!!

I will make a labelled shot to help illustrate - although many of you have made excelent ones.

WOOHOO !!!!!!

YES!!! THANK YOU RAY!!!

Tags
adrian smith, burj dubai, burj khalifa, downtown, dubai, dubai tower, emaar, megatall, middle east, rascacielos, sarajevo construction, skyscraper, spire, tallest, uae