daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 25th, 2009, 05:35 PM   #15161
Imre
Dubai

Likes (Received): 315

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomlord_uk View Post
What's being built off the shore just south of the Al Burj hotel? I haven't seen that before.
Porto Dubai

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...=452522&page=9
Imre no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 25th, 2009, 05:35 PM   #15162
Doomlord_uk

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubai Spacescraper View Post

[IMG]http://i43.************/5pfuav.jpg[/IMG]
What's being built off the shore just south of the Al Burj hotel? I haven't seen that before.
Doomlord_uk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2009, 05:37 PM   #15163
Imre
Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomlord_uk View Post
Porto Dubai

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...=452522&page=9
Old January 25th, 2009, 06:40 PM   #15164
Caca

Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiddle View Post
Excellent "trick" photography there. I wonder just how big (in square meters) that flag would be if it were really attached to the top of the Burj, and how strong the "pole" and spire would have to be to resist the wind load that it would generate?
I do not think so if it is a photography trick.

It is a photoshoped pic. You just make the straight line and you will find out that the upper part of spire is not straight or in line with the lower part of spire.

Cheers!
Caca no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2009, 06:44 PM   #15165
Swiddle

Likes (Received): 296

Quote:
Originally Posted by eng_kheffa View Post
Are you saying these are real photos ?!!
The photos are real. The technique used by 234sale is called "forced perspective". Some other examples:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/catching_sun/pool/

If he wanted to, Imre could make it appear (without photoshop) that his teddy bear is climbing the spire of the Burj Dubai, like King Kong climbing the Empire State Building.

Last edited by Swiddle; January 25th, 2009 at 07:02 PM.
Swiddle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2009, 06:54 PM   #15166
Sky_Crawler

Likes (Received): 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caca View Post
I do not think so if it is a photography trick.

It is a photoshoped pic. You just make the straight line and you will find out that the upper part of spire is not straight or in line with the lower part of spire.

Cheers!
it is not photoshoped, the flag is attached to the crane, and is just superimposed over BD due to perspective, as with the rope.
Sky_Crawler no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2009, 07:08 PM   #15167
Imre
Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiddle View Post

If he wanted to, Imre could make it appear (without photoshop) that his teddy bear is climbing the spire of the Burj Dubai, like King Kong climbing the Empire State Building.
not perfect but ok

Dec 2008

Old January 25th, 2009, 07:17 PM   #15168
234sale

Likes (Received): 24

Teddy as king kong... ;0)

but honestly no image manipulation, just the right angle..

its a uae flag on a tower crane,
Old January 25th, 2009, 07:20 PM   #15169
Fury
Proudly Canadian

Likes (Received): 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMike View Post
Fury,

I appologize to you for my lack of good memory. Now that Bikes has said it, it was Skytower the one who posted on this topic of hacking. I remember those endless pages of posts about how he hacked into the servers. It's just that my memory didn't serve me well and deviated to your name.
No worries man - thanks.

Cool shots 234.

Altin - obviously the people working on the Burj have plans for what they are working on. I agree with Mithat that there is very few that need the complete plans for the structure. Besides us in here though, only a very select few of the general public have the info we have.

Old January 25th, 2009, 07:21 PM   #15170
234sale

Likes (Received): 24

p.s the moon landings are all fakes.. lol
Old January 25th, 2009, 07:58 PM   #15171
rick123

Likes (Received): 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by 234sale View Post
[IMG]http://i43.************/vhw0li.jpg[/IMG]
Let's guess the size of the flag. Must have amazing dimensions!!!
rick123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2009, 08:20 PM   #15172
christos-greece
Moderator!

Likes (Received): 240902

Those pics with the Flag cannot be real, have some trick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imre View Post
Teddy, the King Kong
christos-greece no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2009, 08:39 PM   #15173
Anomaly
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollie Maea View Post
If you think that Anomaly actually hacked into the servers like he said he did, I have a bridge in brooklyn to sell you. I wish I could find the old posts where he was telling us about it. They were ludicrous to the point of absurdity. Beats me where he got them, but not from that. Oh, and he's a pathological liar who has already been banned 3 times for it.
Oh, Hollie....the bain of my life these last few years!
You've been the ultimate in Devils Advocate with me these last few years....and yes...knowing a few people in the know and reporting second hand information has made me look like a complete dick on more than one occasion!
I promise to all who have seen my posts these last 6 years that I'm here for the same reasons as everyone else here. Truth and understanding.
I still have vested interests in this building....and my earlier persuits to gain public interest in it's construction were ambitious and in retrospect, foolhardy.
My girlfriends grandfather was head of one of the cheif contractors for the foundation/groundwork and a family friend is a contractor working on the AC systems in the Burj.
It's a bit like the boy who cried wolf too many times and having you hot on my tail trying to shun anything I said became tedious.....but understandable.
However, I did aquire the published information on my website after spending many weeks finding a temporary weakness in the Burj Dubai's management mainframe server (that at the time was hosted by a UK company that I own the servers for) and was highlighted to me when a link found by a Google trawler was sent to me for further "investigating" by a well known and respected forumer here. We could get to the login page but no further....with an open port on the shared server, I found a weakness in no time and extrapolated LOTS of information, uploading the more relevant interesting stuff to my website. Just 3 or 4 long serving forumers where privee to all of what was available and the "full works" was sent to those who could do more with the info than I could.
After stupidly posting many internal papers as they were coming in, Samsung caught on (with a barrage of personal threats) and I removed the info publicly and they withdrew to a new secret server.
I have posted before to naysayers, like yourself screenshots of the mainframe server, and could name (but won't) forumers here who have such evidence in packeges that have been privately mailed.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have Hollie, but I sure PM's would be better, as most will not want to read my spawnings any more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMike View Post
Fury,

I appologize to you for my lack of good memory. Now that Bikes has said it, it was Skytower the one who posted on this topic of hacking. I remember those endless pages of posts about how he hacked into the servers. It's just that my memory didn't serve me well and deviated to your name.

Hollie Maea,

LOL. Those posts were pretty funny. I will look back and try to find them and will pm you if I run into any luck finding them.
Nobody wants to see those posts from 18 months ago....not relevant to where we're at know...please don't jump on the bandwagon pouring fuel on the fire....if you want the links to the pages that badly...I can PM them to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltinD View Post
Sky Tower didn't hack any server. His plans were photocopied, and he probably got it from someone related to the project that had them.

They were not as secretive as people were making them to be (like just a few people have seen the plans and such), you can't build/work on something without seeing in details what you are supposed to do and there are dozens of companies involved in the design, construction and material supplying which makes hundreds of professionals who have seen them or got posses of them.

... and no, i am not talking out of my behind.
Altin, after all these years, you of all people surprise me with these comments.
Yes, there must be many companies involved, and all are sworn to secrecy. I have tried my hardest to give great forumers like yourself (who have happily quoted many of my findings over the last few years) with up to date information.
If you have any more queries, please PM me.
Anomaly no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2009, 08:49 PM   #15174
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

I still remember the continues PMs you sent me (in another forum) after I posted a certain 'teaser' that was not in compliance with your "findings" at the time. However only one person got the full-size format of that 'teaser' (but only that, out of the full set available), and that happened almost a couple of years later.
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2009, 09:05 PM   #15175
Stephan23
Bonsai

Likes (Received): 93

this flag looks unbelievable on top of Burj Dubai....
Old January 25th, 2009, 09:11 PM   #15176
buildmilehightower
NANI Luis Almeida Cunha

Likes (Received): 240

the flag looks so clear from so far away...

독일의 막가파 두목이름은? 칼막 휘둘러
일본에서 가장 유명한 구두쇠 수도국장 이름은? 무라까와 쓰지마
buildmilehightower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2009, 09:31 PM   #15177
SilentStrike

Likes (Received): 192

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick123 View Post
Let's guess the size of the flag. Must have amazing dimensions!!!
yea, and the wind must be realy strong to get eh flag in that position
SilentStrike no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2009, 09:34 PM   #15178
AltinD
The Modecator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan23 View Post
this flag looks unbelievable on top of Burj Dubai....
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildmilehightower View Post
the flag looks so clear from so far away...
I can cheat you blind.

Old January 25th, 2009, 09:36 PM   #15179
AltinD
The Modecator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentStrike View Post
yea, and the wind must be realy strong to get eh flag in that position
Actually there is already a flag in Dubai of similar or maybe even bigger size that the one there would be ...

... if it really was on top of BD.
I can cheat you blind.

Old January 25th, 2009, 09:38 PM   #15180
Hollie Maea

Likes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anomaly View Post
Oh, Hollie....the bain of my life these last few years!
You've been the ultimate in Devils Advocate with me these last few years....and yes...knowing a few people in the know and reporting second hand information has made me look like a complete dick on more than one occasion!
I promise to all who have seen my posts these last 6 years that I'm here for the same reasons as everyone else here. Truth and understanding.
I still have vested interests in this building....and my earlier persuits to gain public interest in it's construction were ambitious and in retrospect, foolhardy.
My girlfriends grandfather was head of one of the cheif contractors for the foundation/groundwork and a family friend is a contractor working on the AC systems in the Burj.
It's a bit like the boy who cried wolf too many times and having you hot on my tail trying to shun anything I said became tedious.....but understandable.
However, I did aquire the published information on my website after spending many weeks finding a temporary weakness in the Burj Dubai's management mainframe server (that at the time was hosted by a UK company that I own the servers for) and was highlighted to me when a link found by a Google trawler was sent to me for further "investigating" by a well known and respected forumer here. We could get to the login page but no further....with an open port on the shared server, I found a weakness in no time and extrapolated LOTS of information, uploading the more relevant interesting stuff to my website. Just 3 or 4 long serving forumers where privee to all of what was available and the "full works" was sent to those who could do more with the info than I could.
After stupidly posting many internal papers as they were coming in, Samsung caught on (with a barrage of personal threats) and I removed the info publicly and they withdrew to a new secret server.
I have posted before to naysayers, like yourself screenshots of the mainframe server, and could name (but won't) forumers here who have such evidence in packeges that have been privately mailed.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have Hollie, but I sure PM's would be better, as most will not want to read my spawnings any more.
Give it up, Roy. It's not just me any more; no one believes you any more. You lost all of your support when you pedaled that fake Al Burj as the real thing (you know, the thing you got banned for). If you want anyone to take you seriously on this board, I would advise that you forget about everything you've told us in the past and start working at re earning trust. I am not your bane; I don't have any problem believing you. It's just that nothing you have ever told us seemed the least bit true even at a cursory glance. Start telling us some true stuff and I'll be your biggest supporter.
Hollie Maea no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
adrian smith, burj dubai, burj khalifa, downtown, dubai, dubai tower, emaar, megatall, middle east, rascacielos, sarajevo construction, skyscraper, spire, tallest, uae