daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 23rd, 2007, 05:00 AM   #101
Cerises
99% Angel

Likes (Received): 371

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPJK View Post
Well I happen to love the new museum! It's very beautiful and spacious inside, the view seems amazing and would be a great backdrop to view great ancient relics of the Greeks, and I'd personally love to visit it. Museums don't have to have 50 columns to house amazing relics of the past so I am quite sure this building will turn out really nice, especially since it's so near to the amazing Acropolis. As an Australian, I look forward to visiting Athens - especially because in my novels, one of the protagonists can't stop speaking about his dream to visit Athens. It makes me want to do the same! Good luck to Athens and hopefully everything works out well!
Thank you for your nice words! Athens is indeed a great city and I believe you won't be disappointed when you visit it! My sentiments on the new museum are positive too. This project is a very important one for our city, building this new and modern museum that will house these precious antiquities is certainly a plus and most importantly the new museum will allow our country to pursue its quest of having the Parthenon marbles returned home where they belong!

Last edited by Cerises; December 23rd, 2007 at 05:07 AM.
Cerises no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 23rd, 2007, 05:37 AM   #102
SouthernEuropean

Likes (Received): 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPJK View Post
Well I happen to love the new museum! It's very beautiful and spacious inside, the view seems amazing and would be a great backdrop to view great ancient relics of the Greeks, and I'd personally love to visit it. Museums don't have to have 50 columns to house amazing relics of the past so I am quite sure this building will turn out really nice, especially since it's so near to the amazing Acropolis. As an Australian, I look forward to visiting Athens - especially because in my novels, one of the protagonists can't stop speaking about his dream to visit Athens. It makes me want to do the same! Good luck to Athens and hopefully everything works out well!
thanks...cheers....

✤WELCOME TO MY CITY PROJECT✤
♔DERMOND♔
SouthernEuropean no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2007, 01:04 PM   #103
city_thing
Put it in your mouth

Likes (Received): 883

I feel the same about Athens at MPJK does. It looks like an amazing city, and I've love to see the Pantheon marbles returned.

Plus I could eat Greek food for the next 100 years and never get sick of it.
Old December 24th, 2007, 01:13 AM   #104
ELLIN
MOLON LAVE

Likes (Received): 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_thing View Post
I feel the same about Athens at MPJK does. It looks like an amazing city, and I've love to see the Pantheon marbles returned.

Plus I could eat Greek food for the next 100 years and never get sick of it.
It is 100% that you will not sick not cause it is tastefull but really healthy...
we are the heaviest smokers in Europe,we are the most enterainment living..we eating allways after 9 oclock at night....we have more kilos than the average...and we havent the healthiest way of living....
but as a nation we have one of the highest average period of life in men and women....what scientictis tell about this paradox??....
greek cuisine(olive oil,vegetables,healthy way of cooking)

as for the new museum
is already open the first floor for a special exibition ...until the end of March 2008
they present the ancient toys and games have been found during the excavations for the New Acropolis museum structure....
HERE are some of the finds in the ground under the base on the New Museum
this is one of the room of the house in the basement that will be visible and acessable by the visitors of the museum

an ancient toy

a key of the ancient houses

an ancient toy

the ancient way of lighting the house

as you realize it will be a whole excavation part of the ancient Athens from the prehistoric years until the early Byzantines,aceesable by the visitors of the museum in the basement....structured in a special way to be full of sunlight and presented in the best way for the best possible acessibility from the visitor....

Last edited by ELLIN; December 24th, 2007 at 01:20 AM.
ELLIN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2007, 01:29 AM   #105
SouthernEuropean

Quote:
but as a nation we have one of the highest average period of life in men and women....what scientictis tell about this paradox??....
greek cuisine(olive oil,vegetables,healthy way of cooking)
that's true..but i think he was referring more to some mainstream kind of unhealthier cuisine of Greece such as gyros..etc..although thinking about it nothing is really unhealthy even the mainstream stuff such as the greek salad..are very healthy..hmm however souvlakis are not i believe

♔DERMOND♔
Old December 24th, 2007, 01:46 AM   #106
ELLIN
MOLON LAVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernEuropean View Post
that's true..but i think he was referring more to some mainstream kind of unhealthier cuisine of Greece such as gyros..etc..although thinking about it nothing is really unhealthy even the mainstream stuff such as the greek salad..are very healthy..hmm however souvlakis are not i believe

you believe wrong..cause souvlakis have grilled meat...healthier way to cook the meat
Tzatziki...(olive oil,yochurt,garlic) the triple of the healthiest ingredients
Tomato
and greek Pita...just virgin ingredients with lots of olive oil ....
no butter not fry....
full of calories but not unhealthy ones....
is this the topic of New Acropolis Museum or am I wrong???

Last edited by ELLIN; December 24th, 2007 at 04:07 AM.
ELLIN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2007, 12:51 AM   #107
vari k.
Kosova is ALBANIAN

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELLIN View Post
It is 100% that you will not sick not cause it is tastefull but really healthy...
we are the heaviest smokers in Europe,we are the most enterainment living..we eating allways after 9 oclock at night....we have more kilos than the average...and we havent the healthiest way of living....
you use the word MOST a lot...as though the greeks are most in everything

www.urbania21.com/forum
vari k. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2007, 01:20 AM   #108
ELLIN
MOLON LAVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by vari karin View Post
you use the word MOST a lot...as though the greeks are most in everything

and that seems to insult you??
Greeks are not most in everything of corse....as happens the same with the Albanians....it is different saying one of the most...than the most...I mention negative and positive mosts....I will advice you to keep your personall critisism out..and remain to the topic critisism...cause until now you are just making personal posts....greeks will not hurt you...I know that you have some nightmares....but there is no reason...21th century here...and this is an architecture topic..most of the workers in this museum,are your patriots..this structure cause them,more money,and more progress to their lifes.....
so ....let us know for any question about the development otherwise,wish you a dreamfull campaing....full of victories..just try not fell from your bed
Old December 26th, 2007, 03:29 AM   #109
TU 'cane
Registered User.

Likes (Received): 111

wow this is really cool.
TU 'cane no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2007, 09:38 PM   #110
potiz81

Likes (Received): 776

I think it is almost finished!

image hosted on flickr
potiz81 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2007, 10:37 PM   #111
SouthernEuropean

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELLIN View Post

and that seems to insult you??
Greeks are not most in everything of corse....as happens the same with the Albanians....it is different saying one of the most...than the most...I mention negative and positive mosts....I will advice you to keep your personall critisism out..and remain to the topic critisism...cause until now you are just making personal posts....greeks will not hurt you...I know that you have some nightmares....but there is no reason...21th century here...and this is an architecture topic..most of the workers in this museum,are your patriots..this structure cause them,more money,and more progress to their lifes.....
so ....let us know for any question about the development otherwise,wish you a dreamfull campaing....full of victories..just try not fell from your bed
yep well said.

♔DERMOND♔
Old December 28th, 2007, 11:00 PM   #112
SouthernEuropean

and for those who don't know..this is what the old museum looks like...:

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

now..compare..........

♔DERMOND♔
Old January 4th, 2008, 09:22 PM   #113
somataki

New picture from flickr:

image hosted on flickr
somataki no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2008, 09:50 PM   #114
Cerises
99% Angel

Likes (Received): 371

The image on the reflective glass is phenomenal! And will be even more so when that crane is removed!
Old January 4th, 2008, 09:55 PM   #115
ELLIN
MOLON LAVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerises View Post
The image on the reflective glass is phenomenal! And will be even more so when that crane is removed!
If you walk at night ,you can see the antiquities inside the Museum......really impresive..after the glass house of the 21th century ,now we have the glass Museum

Here can be seen even during day light the antiquities wooden boxes,
Old January 10th, 2008, 12:08 PM   #116
somataki

The museum behind the buildings (from frlickr):

image hosted on flickr
Old January 11th, 2008, 12:12 PM   #117
savas
head up funny boy

Likes (Received): 413

The President of the Hellenic Republic, Mr. Karolos Papoulias, visited yesterday the "Wonder that highlights Greece, Athens and Culture", the New Acropolis Museum.

"It is a landmark, a sign of hellenic history and culture but also of our demand for those who are not able to understand how importand it is for the stolen treasures to return home, to their birthplace of creation and to get lighted by the Attik Sun."

President of the New Acropolis Museum Construction Organisation Prof. D. Pantermalis who accompanied Mr. Papoulias at the guided tour, stressed the necessity of the reunification of the Parthenon Marbles: "Where they should get reunited, in the British Museum or under the Attik Sun, next to the Holy Rock of the Acropolis, is to be decided by the international community"

Mr. Papoulias was very interested in the proposal of a friendly meeting with Nicolas Sarkozy, President of France for a discussion about the Frieze and the Metope that are in Louvre Museum. The idea is not only to get a copy of them but also to get the originals themselves back. "But our first priority are the Parthenon Marbles"
savas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2008, 01:11 AM   #118
ELLIN
MOLON LAVE

The reflection of the monuments on the glass of Parthenon room part 2

Old January 14th, 2008, 02:10 PM   #119
somataki

View of the entrance (from flickr):
image hosted on flickr
Old January 16th, 2008, 11:15 PM   #120
potiz81

Likes (Received): 776

I love this museum! great exterior design and outstanding interiors, an absolute 21 st century's museum!

potiz81 no está en línea   Reply With Quote