daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 28th, 2011, 10:40 AM   #2261
Luki_SL

Likes (Received): 17426

From: http://www.stock-market-today.me/blo...y-in-slovakia/
Quote:
Vinci: commissioning of an expressway in Slovakia
Vinci announces the service tomorrow Friday for the first three sections of the R1 expressway in Slovakia called PR1BINA.

This is the first highway infrastructure conducted in public-private partnership (PPP) in Slovakia.

The project was awarded in August 2009 Granvia consortium led by Vinci Concessions, with a 50%.

The contract covers the financing, design, construction, operation and maintenance for a period of 30 years of a 2×2 lane road, with a total length of 52 km divided into four sections, located at the Bratislava is between the towns of Nitra and Tekovské NEMC.

It also includes the bypass of the city of Banská Bystrica, which will be opened to traffic in July 2012.

The operation and maintenance for a period of 30 years the infrastructure will be provided by Operation Granvia, a 100% subsidiary of Vinci Concessions.
Luki_SL no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 28th, 2011, 02:28 PM   #2262
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19378

Cheers!

http://spravy.pravda.sk/sukromna-r1-..._ekonomika_p01
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2011, 07:08 PM   #2263
SureThing_II

Likes (Received): 154

and first video is already out there
SureThing_II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2011, 12:29 PM   #2264
i15

Likes (Received): 612

video is no longer available, journalist was criticised for unreasonably driving in the left lane and holding camera while driving

pictures from article: http://www.cas.sk/clanok/209575/test...-29-minut.html

first minor accident:

i15 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2011, 03:43 PM   #2265
Rombi

Likes (Received): 304

These slovak section of motorways are so lovely located especially D3 near Strážov .
Rombi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2011, 11:56 AM   #2266
seem
Mornar bez mora

Likes (Received): 79

Also Fričovce - Svinia is finally U/C.

Zauvik si tu, u mojim mislima i grudima..

Last edited by seem; October 30th, 2011 at 12:23 PM.
seem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2011, 01:27 PM   #2267
seem
Mornar bez mora

D1 Jablonov - Studenec

This bridge on the first pic is really nice, imo one of the most beautifle bridges in Slovakia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ondro View Post
Howgh.
Dúfam, že neurazím malým fotoreportom z výstavby druhého profilu D1 pod Spišským hradom:

Výrez:

Dúfam, že splnilo svoj cieľ a je vidno, že druhý most už stojí a je prejazdný, no zatiaľ len pre vozidlá stavby.

(C) Ondro 2011

Inak, chcem sa spýtať: Fričovce - Svinia už sú podpísané?

Last edited by seem; October 30th, 2011 at 01:36 PM.
Old October 31st, 2011, 09:35 PM   #2268
treichard

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by i15 View Post
Farewell, E571?
http://cmap.m-plex.com/
treichard no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2011, 10:56 PM   #2269
i15

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_route_E571

Hm, I didn't know that E571 runs only from Bratislava to Kosice. What's trans-european about that? E58 goes from Vienna to Rostov na Donu on the same path, as E571
Old October 31st, 2011, 11:06 PM   #2270
seem
Mornar bez mora

R1 by-pass of Banská Bystrica

And one of the most modern Slovak trains

http://www.zeleznicny.net/modules/xc....php?pid=13492

Old October 31st, 2011, 11:10 PM   #2271
Qwert

Likes (Received): 2533

It would make sense to stop signing E 571. In the future it may be reintroduced as Bratislava - Dunajská Streda - Nové Zámky - Lučenec - Rožňava - Košice, what is route of the future expressways R7 and R2 which would be the shortest connection of Bratislava and Košice, but it will take decades until they are completed. For now E 571 is redundant.
Qwert no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2011, 11:28 PM   #2272
treichard

Likes (Received): 0

With R1 open on the south side of Nitra, what name or number does the old expressway spur have northwest of Nitra?
http://cmap.m-plex.com/
treichard no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2011, 11:40 PM   #2273
seem
Mornar bez mora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwert View Post
In the future it may be reintroduced as Bratislava - Dunajská Streda - Nové Zámky - Lučenec - Rožňava - Košice, what is route of the future expressways R7 and R2 which would be the shortest connection of Bratislava and Košice, but it will take decades until they are completed.
First at all SSC should build I. class road between Dunajská Streda and Nové Zámky.

One of the very important routes where isn't I. class road is also Trnava-Nitra. They really should build these two roads soon as possible, especially the first one because there is no direct road between Dunajská Streda and Nové Zámky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by treichard View Post
With R1 open on the south side of Nitra, what name or number does the old expressway spur have northwest of Nitra?
Slovak network of expressways really requires a new numbering system so there was a propsal to change it, we wil see if they will do anything about it, it would be really great if they changed it. Then the northern by-pass of Nitra will be R21.

Old November 1st, 2011, 12:06 AM   #2274
i15

I bet it will be R1 too. It's a mess. Urban expressway in Kosice is sometimes officialy marked as "R2-I/50" (combination of expressway and national road number) and "another" R2 bypass is planned around the city.
Old November 1st, 2011, 12:34 AM   #2275
seem
Mornar bez mora

If I am sure it is marked as a first class road atm.

Old November 1st, 2011, 03:03 AM   #2276
Qwert

Likes (Received): 2533

Quote:
Originally Posted by seem View Post
First at all SSC should build I. class road between Dunajská Streda and Nové Zámky.

One of the very important routes where isn't I. class road is also Trnava-Nitra. They really should build these two roads soon as possible, especially the first one because there is no direct road between Dunajská Streda and Nové Zámky
I'd prefer construction of 2x1 R7 between Dunajská Streda and Nové Zámky rather than new first class road. Traffic there isn't that big after all so two new roads would be useless. As a road parallel to the expressway this might work (perhaps upgraded to a second class road): http://maps.google.sk/maps?saddr=Nez...sz=12&t=m&z=11

If we really need some new first class road, than it's definitely Trnava - Sereď - Nitra (parallel to R1). It's construction would postpone necessity of the upgrade of R1 to 2x3 and it will be also backup road in case of accident or roadworks on R1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seem View Post
If I am sure it is marked as a first class road atm.
On the signs it's signed as first class road, but some maps display it as R2 or even R4.
Qwert no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2011, 04:24 PM   #2277
seem
Mornar bez mora

Quote:
I'd prefer construction of 2x1 R7 between Dunajská Streda and Nové Zámky rather than new first class road.
I actually forgot that there is a plan to build there R7 between these towns.

This would be the best solution, any better road connection would help this region. However I don't think that there is even a EIA report for it.

Quote:
If we really need some new first class road, than it's definitely Trnava - Sereď - Nitra (parallel to R1). It's construction would postpone necessity of the upgrade of R1 to 2x3 and it will be also backup road in case of accident or roadworks on R1.
Actually there are many missing connections between roads and villages in the Danube lowland due to the history when todays Slovakia was a part of Hungary and they built mainly roads connecting north of the kingdom with Budapest.

Have a look at map, if they built some more II. and III. class roads it d help a lot. For example: Jarok - Močenok (Horná Kráľová), Hájske - Šoproňa, Sereď - Majcichov (road to Trnava), Rišinovce - Dvorníky - Vavrov Šúr would be also a great connection to Trnava however a new bridge on the river Váh would be very expensive.

Quote:
On the signs it's signed as first class road, but some maps display it as R2 or even R4.
Slovak numbering system is just wrong, I wonder why they still haven't changed it, that proposal was great.

btw, a week ago NDS has signed two contracts, next month they will sign also a contract for 2. section of Jánovce - Jablonov (Levoča - Jablonov) which means that there will be 71 km of motorways under construction!

R1 Banská Bystrica - 5,7
R4 Košice - H border - 14,1
D1 Vrútky/Martin bypass - 16,5
D1 Jánovce-Jablonov - 18
D1 Fričovce-Svinia - 11,2
D1 Jablonov-Studenec - 5,2 (second profile)

= 70,7 km

Last edited by seem; November 1st, 2011 at 04:30 PM.
Old November 1st, 2011, 04:31 PM   #2278
seem
Mornar bez mora

Article about one of the contracts - http://spectator.sme.sk/articles/vie...next_week.html

Construction of another D1 highway stretch begins next week

Construction of another D1 highway stretch begins next week
The construction of the D1 motorway stretch between Dubná Skala and Turany in Žilina Region is set to begin next week after the building site was officially handed over by the National Highway Company (NDS) to the Váhostav construction company, said the firm’s representative, Ján Kato, at a press conference on October 26, as reported by the TASR newswire.

The NDS signed the contract with the construction company on October 26 authorising it to construct the section. Váhostav's bid of €137.7 million was the lowest in the tender and will cost €205 million less than the same construction would have cost if it had been carried out via a PPP (public private partnership).
Construction should take three years and the motorway could be open in November 2014, TASR wrote. According to Transport Minister Ján Figeľ this is most essential part of the D1 and its opening will significantly relieve heavy traffic near Martin.

Old November 1st, 2011, 04:41 PM   #2279
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19378

What is the difference between NDS and SSC?
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2011, 04:42 PM   #2280
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Road Numbering

I think the numbering of the D roads is alright. However, the numbering of the R roads (well, mostly proposed R roads) is a complete mess. That said, it might make sense to wait a while to see which R roads actually are built before renumbering.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorways