daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 18th, 2008, 12:16 AM   #241
Timoth12

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwert View Post
It depends what you consider local traffic. Traffic between the towns next to the expressway (e.g. from Topoľčany to Partizánske) will IMO use mainly the expressway. Of course traffic from Kamanová to Ludanice will use the old road. This expressway can attract also transit traffic since it's parallel to D1..
No, local traffic could be considered traffic between the villages near Nitra and Topoľčany in this case, or from these villages to Nitra/Topoľčany or opposite. As the future expressway is located between two roads, it could take the traffic from both of them. But as I can see, there are 3 multilevel crossings near Nitra and three near Topoľčany, nothing between. However, the expressway is just announced, so the changes are still applicable.

Quote:
Eastern from I/64 it's flat and western from the road first terrace of the valley is rising so it's quite hilly. Expressway will be of course close to river Nitra on the place where the terrain is totally flat.

If you will look at the Nitra region masterplan carefully, you will see there is planned bypass of Drážovce and Čakajovce what will be in other words expressway feeder which will connect Nitra to R8. I think it will be part of the project as well as western bypass of Topoľčany.
I see, but I don´t think, the expressway already have it´s firmly stated track. What is Nitra region master plan is just an area, where further construction is prohibited by local authorities, at least I hope that authorities respect this, as this area is reserved for the future expressway/road.

And today is really fine day for the highway construction in Slovakia. The estacade in Považská Bystrica, part of today started section of D1 will be one of the longest in the country, competition might be estacade on Prievozská-Senecká in Bratislava. Only thing what could make worries is that the designer wants to take down the esthetic look of the estacade. The argument is, that construction will take sshorter time. This argument is IMHO not relevant.

Video announcing the construction start
Timoth12 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 18th, 2008, 10:26 PM   #242
Qwert

Likes (Received): 2534

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timoth12 View Post
No, local traffic could be considered traffic between the villages near Nitra and Topoľčany in this case, or from these villages to Nitra/Topoľčany or opposite. As the future expressway is located between two roads, it could take the traffic from both of them. But as I can see, there are 3 multilevel crossings near Nitra and three near Topoľčany, nothing between. However, the expressway is just announced, so the changes are still applicable.
Yes, changes are still possible. I think there will be some interchange between Topoľčany and Nitra. For example express trains Prievidza - Bratislava and Prievidza - Nové Zámky stop in village Koniarovce what is relatively small village, but it's approximately in the middle of big village aglomeration which is between Topoľčany and Nitra.

Quote:
I see, but I don´t think, the expressway already have it´s firmly stated track. What is Nitra region master plan is just an area, where further construction is prohibited by local authorities, at least I hope that authorities respect this, as this area is reserved for the future expressway/road.
Obviously this is not the definite plan, there is no definite plan for now. Although, few years ago there was made study of new first class road between Nitra and Topoľčany. I gues the expressway will follow this road.

Quote:
And today is really fine day for the highway construction in Slovakia. The estacade in Považská Bystrica, part of today started section of D1 will be one of the longest in the country, competition might be estacade on Prievozská-Senecká in Bratislava. Only thing what could make worries is that the designer wants to take down the esthetic look of the estacade. The argument is, that construction will take sshorter time. This argument is IMHO not relevant.

Video announcing the construction start
I hope they will build the estacade as it was in the original proposal. The new one is not ugly, but the old one was wonderful. After so many years of waiting I think nobody will mind few more months which would be necessary for the nicer estacade.
Qwert no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2008, 10:43 PM   #243
Qwert

I almost forgot. This is how the new proposal looks like:

This is the old one:
Old July 19th, 2008, 12:10 AM   #244
H123Laci
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

and what about the pilons?

did they change from extradosed viaduct to a prestressed concrete viaduct?

this recquires a more massive deck...
H123Laci no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2008, 09:45 PM   #245
Qwert

Quote:
Originally Posted by H123Laci View Post
and what about the pilons?

did they change from extradosed viaduct to a prestressed concrete viaduct?

this recquires a more massive deck...
I'm unable to find any technical information about the new viaduct, but I think you may be right. I don't understand how they could change project just few days before construction start. They could rather add reserve for 2x3, not this.
Old July 21st, 2008, 01:01 AM   #246
Timoth12

Additional sections, where special arrangements / overall shortening the time for the approval, buying the land, etc./ for the highway/expressway preparation will apply:

grey: completed highways/expressways
light grey: sections, where special arraggements have beeen valid since January 2008
black: new sections with special arrangements
Old July 21st, 2008, 06:18 PM   #247
Qwert

R8 at this map has even worse shape then at your map.

I think using Special Arrangements Act on number 4 and 6 is useless because those expressways are not as needed as R1 and D1.
Old July 21st, 2008, 06:23 PM   #248
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

What's a "special arrangement"?
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2008, 10:56 PM   #249
Qwert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriszwolle View Post
What's a "special arrangement"?
It's not proper translation better would be something like extraordinary measures/actions or something like that. In human language it means state can built motorways and expressways mentioned in the map above without owning of the land under them. State needs all the approvals as in the case of ordinary construction except agreement of the owner of the land that he would sell it to state. In extreme cases it could lead into construction on a lot which is still owned by private owner without his allowance.

Some say it's theft and this act is already in Slovak Constitution Court which should, decide whether it doesn't violate human rights. This act should prevent any useless delays and land speculations since the construction of the motorway can be already in progress while the land is still only in expropriation process. Present traffic on main Slovak corridors is so huge and their capacity is so low that any construction delay cost incredible amounts of money and in case of some stretches of roads also human lives.

Problem is that government now want to use this act also on expressways which don't have to be built ASAP and which were added to out network just few weeks ago such as R8 Nitra - Topoľčany - Partizánske - Hradišťe and extension of R1 from Banská Bystrica via Korytnica to Ružomberok. Traffic volumes and number of accidents on this corridors are not big enough to justify such measurements.
Old July 21st, 2008, 11:15 PM   #250
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

Hmm okay, something like the right-of-way system, only the government can eminent domain / compulsory acquisition of the lands. However, it might be seen as theft, it's usual in many countries, since the interest of many sometimes overrules the interest of an individual.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2008, 11:37 PM   #251
Qwert

Quote:
Hmm okay, something like the right-of-way system, only the government can eminent domain / compulsory acquisition of the lands. However, it might be seen as theft, it's usual in many countries, since the interest of many sometimes overrules the interest of an individual.
You should tell it to Slovak Christian Democrats and namely to their vice-president JUDr. Daniel 'Harvard Diploma' Lipšic LL.M who is doing everything against it.
Old July 22nd, 2008, 01:02 PM   #252
X236K

Likes (Received): 47

Quote:
Sometimes it's hard to balance the interests of the whole society and individuals, especially if the individual rights are being misused by various "green" groups.

We are solving a similar issue in Czech, you might have heard about the D11 near Hradec Kralove, which has been blocked by one land owner for many many years...
X236K no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2008, 07:38 PM   #253
E2rdEm
prostownik

Likes (Received): 1201

Quote:
You should tell it to Slovak Christian Democrats and namely to their vice-president JUDr. Daniel 'Harvard Diploma' Lipšic LL.M who is doing everything against it.
Interesting...
We have a similar law in Poland, commonly called "specustawa drogowa" (a special act about roads). In 2003 (IIRC) it gave the state the right to expropriate the land for new state-owned roads (including motorways and expressways).
Recently, there was an update to this act, which granted the right to expropriate for any kind of road - also rural and communal roads built by cities, districts (powiat) and voivodships.

But wait, there's more: This recent update also says that once the regional authority signs the decision that the road should be built, the public authority automatically gains the right to all the land for the road. The landowner is disposessed by this administrative decision.

And yet, no politician in Poland opposed to this law. Not to mention sending it to the Constitutional Court... People in Poland are so hungry for better roads, that undertaking such a political action would mean suicide to any politician. He could (possibly) gain very few votes from the landowners, but he would definitely loose all the votes from the drivers. And we love to drive...

Well, to soften my post a little bit, I should add that there are some conditions for this administratibe decision, so it can't be issued too carelessly. Also, the landowners get a proper value for their land, and there's been a proposal to give even more (some 10-15% over the market value) so the people would not resist to new roads...
Old July 23rd, 2008, 03:49 PM   #254
Timoth12

Update from Mengusovce-Jánovce section. Photos by miroa from www.dialnice.info.

From east to west

In the near of crossing Matejovce

Bridge over Svit-Batizovce road

Tunnel Borik

Inside the tunnel /opening April 2009/:

Old July 23rd, 2008, 11:18 PM   #255
Qwert

One of the best updates on www.dialnice.info. I see they still use pink colour on bridges and even sound barriers. But, what the hell is this? Elevated roundabout?

Old July 24th, 2008, 12:15 AM   #256
Timoth12

Quote:
One of the best updates on www.dialnice.info. I see they still use pink colour on bridges and even sound barriers. But, what the hell is this? Elevated roundabout?
Hmm, why you don´t like the new technical inventions? Elevated roundabout has been licensed lately.
But seriously, good captured photo, if some kind of photo competition would take place, I would piut this photo as one of the candidate for the let´s say photo of the month.

Pink color on this section /crash barriers, sound barriers, etc./ is just silly.But when every longer section on D1 will have different crash and sound barriers color, it might be good for the drivers to keep up their attention Neverthheless, it could be a puropse, see for example the Fričovce bypass crashbarriers, they are in different color as well...
Old July 24th, 2008, 06:37 PM   #257
Qwert

Quote:
Neverthheless, it could be a puropse, see for example the Fričovce bypass crashbarriers, they are in different color as well...
It's obviously a purpose. Every section of D1 has different colour.
Old July 26th, 2008, 02:20 AM   #258
Timoth12

Few pictures from eastern D1 - section Prešov-Košice. This section has been constructed in 80ies, last two years some rehabiliation works like new asphalt cover, sound barriers, has been preformed. Source: www.doprava.programypc.sk

And few pictures from Behárovce-Fričovce section /tunnel Branisko/, longest highway tunnel in SVK, one tube tunnel,total lenghth 4975m, second tube is planned to start around 2015:

Old July 26th, 2008, 04:59 PM   #259
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

Nice to see a report with pics taken through the back window
Old July 27th, 2008, 12:50 PM   #260
Qwert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon Kruijk View Post
Nice to see a report with pics taken through the back window
I like more photos taken through front window, but better than nothing. BTW, these are more actual photos of D1 between Prešov an Košice by Ayran:

Well, you cannot see much of the motorway, but it wasn't intention fo those photos.

Tags
motorways