daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 24th, 2013, 05:24 AM   #2841
bzbox

Likes (Received): 135

It's looks so nice ... but what is the point of building an expressway to the city instead of making Košice bypass first?

I drove the old 68 road about 3 years ago and it wasn't at all in a bad shape except at border checkpoint.

Also, Hungary should build at least 2 or 3 km of M30 in very short period of time to connect with R4 so drivers can avoid old border checkpoint.

Sponsored Links
Old October 24th, 2013, 10:36 AM   #2842
i15

Likes (Received): 613

It's common to build bypasses later, mostly because city bypasses are usually more expensive. This R4 cost 78 mil euro / 14,5km ... extremly cheap compared to some D1 and D3 projects.

R2 Ziar nad Hronom bypass is another u/c section that is maybe not so important, but it's simple half profile bypass of 20K town and it cost about 4,5mil euro/km. It's just nice to see, that some works are going on - instead of reading deppresing stories about construction companies protests due to exclusion from tenders on important sections of D1 and R2. D1 Ruzomberok bypass (Hubova Ivachnova) tender was announced 2 years ago (!) and still nothing is going on

Last edited by i15; October 24th, 2013 at 10:44 AM.
i15 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2013, 08:06 PM   #2843
albiman

Likes (Received): 332

And also Kosice's inner ringroad is in pretty good condition and quality, however R2 bypass would be nice though.
albiman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2013, 09:25 PM   #2844
i15

R2 bypass is under preparation and could be in construction in 2015, financed by EU funds. It's big succes, since most EU funds will be used on core TEN-T projects in Zilina region. D1 part of bypass from Budimir to Kosicke Olsany will be tendered next year
Old October 25th, 2013, 02:57 AM   #2845
bzbox

Also, I'd say Slovensko is somehow avoiding making better connections to Poland. D3 is nowhere close to being built, also R4 to Dukla Pass is most likely to be never built.
Old October 25th, 2013, 02:09 PM   #2846
Kemo

Likes (Received): 18808

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzbox View Post
D3 is nowhere close to being built,
No? Aren't construction works on the border section supposed to start in 2014? This is the most important stretch because it will allow heavy trucks to go via S69-Żywiec-D3 rather than Cieszyn and Czech Republic.

Quote:
also R4 to Dukla Pass is most likely to be never built.
Also Polish continuation is not likely to be built till 2020 at least
Kemo está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2013, 03:08 PM   #2847
i15

It's nothing personal, money is the problem. D3 is important for EU and greedy construction companies sees it as chance to wash down great amount of EU money. The more expensive, the better. Main examples:

* half profile Svrcinovec Skalite near PL border with 70m tall viaducts cost 30mil €/km (half profile useful only for transit, zero local traffic improvement)
* underterrain tunnel between road 11 and Kysuca river near Kysucke nove mesto, again 30 mil €/km for full profile in flat terrain
* the biggest madness: northwestern bypass of Zilina (Strazov-Brodno) with viaduct over water dam and tunnel for 60mil €/km.

When everything is spent on D3, we can't build R3 neither R4. State treasury is empty and "leasing" by PPP is expensive. Another problem with northern R3 is the fact that EU doesn't want to finance it, because it's too close to D3. Tvrdosin bypass is completly ready to tender, but we don't have state budget money to build it. At least road between Ruzomberok and Dolny Kubin is being modernized, there will be extra climbing lane

R4... well, we have Svidnik bypass and distance between Presov and border is shorter than distance between border and Rzeszow, so it's time for Poles to start doing something. Traffic on our road 73 is low, but high percentage of trucks is causing troubles. Road is narrow and there are plans to modernize few kilometers around Svidnik during next year.
Old October 25th, 2013, 07:26 PM   #2848
SKroads

Likes (Received): 354

Build of section D3 Svrcinovec - Skalite started today. 12.28 km long section in half profile (interchange Svrcinovec in full profile) and the price is 329,88 mil. eur. (26.86 mil.E/km).
D3 Zilina,Strazov - Brodno (4250 m long section) offered Skanska price 163,4 mil. eur in year 2010 (38.4 mil.E/km full profile).

Iwan, MichiH liked this post
SKroads no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2013, 02:59 AM   #2849
bzbox

S69 to Żywiec is also not built yet. The road around Milówka is so weird constructed, but that is not the right thread for this debate.
Old October 26th, 2013, 02:09 PM   #2850
bewu1

Likes (Received): 2084

Section S-69 Bielsko Biała-Żywiec is u/c. The only remaining section of S-69 Bielsko-Biala - PL/Cz border not in operation nor u/c is S-69 section Wegierska Gorka's bypass, which is supposed to being built in 2014-2020 as part of Connecting Europe Facility program.
bewu1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2013, 07:45 PM   #2851
i15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKroads View Post
Build of section D3 Svrcinovec - Skalite started today. 12.28 km long section in half profile (interchange Svrcinovec in full profile) and the price is 329,88 mil. eur. (26.86 mil.E/km).
D3 Zilina,Strazov - Brodno (4250 m long section) offered Skanska price 163,4 mil. eur in year 2010 (38.4 mil.E/km full profile).
It "officially" started because of regional elections, EU still haven't confirmed financial support and deal can be canceled without that support.

Skanska... yes those were the days.. They would be excluded with such price today.
Old November 7th, 2013, 02:24 PM   #2852
i15

R4 Košice - Milhosť was opened today at 11:00

cricric liked this post
Old November 7th, 2013, 04:45 PM   #2853
i15

this R4 is the only motorway/expresway opened this year, so prime minister Robert Fico visited us

paralel road 68 is closed for transiting trucks:

source in Slovak: http://kosice.korzar.sme.sk/c/699741...-tri-roky.html
Old November 8th, 2013, 08:36 PM   #2854
i15

Anyway, driving videos of new R4 Košice-Milhosť, first one is direction border-Košice, second one is opposite direction

(not my videos, real time, above speed limit)

MichiH, TommyLopez, Verso, Agusia liked this post
Old November 8th, 2013, 08:54 PM   #2855
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19413

I only saw trucks in that first video.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2013, 09:23 PM   #2856
i15

It's border section, not useful for inhabitants in surrounding villages. I experienced even lower traffic, overtook 1 passenger car on the way to border and 1 truck on the way back
Old November 9th, 2013, 10:28 AM   #2857
Kese

Quote:
Originally Posted by i15 View Post

Anyway, driving videos of new R4 Košice-Milhosť, first one is direction border-Košice, second one is opposite direction

(not my videos, real time, above speed limit)
Nice freeway. The only thing I do not like is the fact it is so curvy near the border point. If it not because of the terrain it must be due to psychology. I think we should build at least that missing 1 km in Hungary same standard to make the transition smooth.
Also, more importantly, I think we should complete M15 to Pozsony full profile, plus - as a direct continuation - a new straight link from M1xM15 cross to Csorna (M86) in half profile asap.
Kese no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2013, 10:34 AM   #2858
SKroads

Likes (Received): 354

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I only saw trucks in that first video.
Nobody expected many trucks there. It isn't D1.
D1 near Povazska Bystrica:

http://www.dialnice.szm.com/highways...c-Vrtizer.html

D1 near Sverepec:

http://www.dialnice.szm.com/highways...-Sverepec.html

volodaaaa, Moravian liked this post
SKroads no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2013, 09:00 PM   #2859
Qwert

Likes (Received): 2537

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kese View Post
Nice freeway. The only thing I do not like is the fact it is so curvy near the border point. If it not because of the terrain it must be due to psychology. I think we should build at least that missing 1 km in Hungary same standard to make the transition smooth.
Also, more importantly, I think we should complete M15 to Pozsony full profile, plus - as a direct continuation - a new straight link from M1xM15 cross to Csorna (M86) in half profile asap.
It's curvy due to lack of collaboration between SK and HU. R4 has to be terminated in close vicinity of national road I/68 and present border crossing, because otherwise it would end in a field, as there is no continuation on HU side. IMO the construction of this expressway should have been postponed and it should have been built simultaneously with its HU counterpart - at least short connection between the border and Nemta. (Unlike you, I will translate it for you - Nemta = Tornyosnémeti.)
Qwert no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2013, 10:24 AM   #2860
Kese

Coming to think of it: are there any serious plans to create a fast track north-south link directly to Budapest? Either via Esztergom or as an extension of M2? I just think it would make a lot of sense, considering what a freeway hub Budapest is.

Last edited by Kese; November 11th, 2013 at 01:48 PM.
Kese no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorways