daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 14th, 2008, 09:29 PM   #361
Timoth12

Likes (Received): 6

New dates for the highway PPP packages

December, january and april are hopefully realistic dates for the contract signing of two D1 motorway and one R1 expressway packages. If nothing serious will come up, we will see in the spring of the next year enormous construction activity on our hiughways. But let´s better stay on the ground.

Quote:
The Ministry of Transport intends to sign within the end of this year the first PPP contract for the realization of a highway project The package concerns the expressway R1 between Nitra and Tekovské Nemce. Based on the results of the competitive dialogue, the competition documents are being finalised and within the next week should be delivered to four applicants, which are obliged to send their offers within one month after that. The first package, which aim is to build and operate the highway section D1 between Martin and Prešov is to be signed in January 2009.

The delay is caused by the necessity to conduct a geological research, for which results the Ministry is still waiting for. The concession contract for the third package should be signed in April 2009.

Due to the delay, it is highly probable that the whole project realization will be delayed, too. The Minister assumes the date of realization between the years 2012 and 2013, including the construction of tunnels.
Source: http://www.asociaciappp.sk/?a=novinka&id=71&set_lang=en
Timoth12 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 14th, 2008, 09:45 PM   #362
PLH

Likes (Received): 2823

But it does not mean that on PPP sections there will be toll booths and not vignettes, does it?
Old October 15th, 2008, 05:37 PM   #363
Timoth12

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLH View Post
But it does not mean that on PPP sections there will be toll booths and not vignettes, does it?

Good question. There will be probably a kind of similar system used in Austria, where tunnels are tolled and for the motorway and expressway network are vignettes necessary. Of course, the question is to pose the toll so that the drivers will not use the alternative routes, but the motorways. So on D1, for example tunnels Branisko /4,7 km/ and Bôrik /1 km/ will be free /if you have vignette/, some other sections /Martin and Ružomberok bypasses, tunnels Čebrať, Višňové, Ovčiarisko, Havran will be tolled or more probably whole tunnel and somehow difficult terrain sections will be tolled. On most of R1 route /170 km/ you will just need vignette, except for ca. 50 km of Nitra bypass and section Nitra-Hronský Beňadik. On D1 Bratislava - Žilina the vignette will be sufficient, same with Prešov-Košice, etc...
Old October 15th, 2008, 05:44 PM   #364
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

I already thought "how come Timon91 is posting news from Slovakia?"
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2008, 09:32 PM   #365
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

Almost the same nick can be quite difficult, right?
Old October 15th, 2008, 10:36 PM   #366
Timoth12

Well, I bet we are probably distant cousins

Timon has posted news, as he has been driving some Slovakian roads and highways, so you are not that wrong..
Old October 15th, 2008, 11:29 PM   #367
Qwert

Likes (Received): 2532

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timoth12 View Post
Good question. There will be probably a kind of similar system used in Austria, where tunnels are tolled and for the motorway and expressway network are vignettes necessary. Of course, the question is to pose the toll so that the drivers will not use the alternative routes, but the motorways. So on D1, for example tunnels Branisko /4,7 km/ and Bôrik /1 km/ will be free /if you have vignette/, some other sections /Martin and Ružomberok bypasses, tunnels Čebrať, Višňové, Ovčiarisko, Havran will be tolled or more probably whole tunnel and somehow difficult terrain sections will be tolled. On most of R1 route /170 km/ you will just need vignette, except for ca. 50 km of Nitra bypass and section Nitra-Hronský Beňadik. On D1 Bratislava - Žilina the vignette will be sufficient, same with Prešov-Košice, etc...
From what I know all tolled sections of the Slovak road network have and will have one tariff rate. For trucks there will be electronic toll, for cars under 3.5 t there will be vignettes later electronic toll as well. The price will be the same no matter if you drive on first class road, expressway or motorway and no matter if you drive on bridge or in tunnel, it will vary only depending on vehicle type. At least that's what officials say. Ľubomír Vážny, Minister of Transportation, Posts and Telecommunications says it e.g. here in Slovak of course: http://rozhovory.hnonline.sk/c1-2224...t-tienove-myto
Qwert no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2008, 11:45 PM   #368
Verso
Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timoth12 View Post
Well, I bet we are probably distant cousins
I bet Timon is an ethnic Slovak. Ok, 'nough spamming, Verso!
Old October 16th, 2008, 12:08 AM   #369
Timon91
Error

Verso is quite good at guessing someone's background
No, as far as I know all my ancestors were farmers and from 1700 on they were all from the Netherlands, I don't know anything about the time before that, who knows......
Old October 17th, 2008, 09:13 PM   #370
Qwert

Interchange Prešovská-Sečovská in Košice

Some recent photos of U/C interchange of roads I/68 and I/50 in Košice, feeder of future Košice outer ring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey_T View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sckesk View Post

Old October 17th, 2008, 10:41 PM   #371
ufonut
Atlantyda

Likes (Received): 1732

What's up with the house in the middle ? People actualy live there ?

Old October 18th, 2008, 01:18 AM   #372
Qwert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufonut View Post
What's up with the house in the middle ? People actualy live there ?
I asked SSC members from Košice. Forumer bystrik said owner of the house registered 15 people as permanent residents of this house and he demanded new flats for them. Officials refused this blackmail and they modified the plans so the house remained.
Old October 18th, 2008, 01:35 AM   #373
Verso
Islander

Interesting, in Bratislava foreign cities are just in the original language, like 'Wien' (without 'Viedeň'), here it's just in Slovak ('Miškolc' instead of 'Miskolc').
Old October 18th, 2008, 04:46 PM   #374
slash89

Likes (Received): 39

Quote:
Interesting, in Bratislava foreign cities are just in the original language, like 'Wien' (without 'Viedeň'), here it's just in Slovak ('Miškolc' instead of 'Miskolc').
Actually, in Slovak Miskolc is "Miškovec" so Miškolc is kind of mixed word. Maybe it´s like that in order to pronounce it correctly
slash89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2008, 04:53 PM   #375
Timon91
Error

Or they still had some stickers left and didn't know what to do with them, so they decided to cheer up the 's'
Old October 18th, 2008, 09:02 PM   #376
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Although this interchange is no real motorway, I don't like pedestrian crossings on such wide roads with probably higher-than-normal speeds and large traffic densities. Especially because they are not semaphored.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2008, 01:43 PM   #377
Qwert

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
Although this interchange is no real motorway, I don't like pedestrian crossings on such wide roads with probably higher-than-normal speeds and large traffic densities. Especially because they are not semaphored.
You should have seen those tons of insults and uncountable pages of critics in [Košice] Traffic Infrastructure thread. Well, in this interchange there is AFAIK one pedestrian crossing and there is semaphore. I think it's not good solution. But, it's just first class road (national road), actually two roads I/50 and I/68. On such road pedestrian crossings and even grade crossings with other roads are allowed.
Old October 19th, 2008, 02:11 PM   #378
radi6404

Likes (Received): 27

I like ´em
Old October 31st, 2008, 10:22 PM   #379
Timoth12

Some new photos from highway sections throughout the Slovakia, extract from picture galleries:

Tunnel Branisko western portal by random from www.dialnice.info

Studenec-Behárovce visualisation by random, construction to be started soon:

Sverepec-Vrtižer section from www.highways.sk:

Cranes are dominating Považská Bystrica now:

Interchange Prešov west on Svinia-Prešov section:
Old November 9th, 2008, 06:10 PM   #380
Qwert

D3 Skalité - border SR/PR

Map and photos from www.highways.sk