daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old November 1st, 2016, 11:58 AM   #3821
_ANDi_
Registered User
 
_ANDi_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 157
Likes (Received): 246

Yes, for this route avoiding R1 and going on I/69 you don't need vignette. And the short parts of 1+1 R3 in Orava are vignette free.

https://goo.gl/maps/TEuaiU5tCQt
__________________
Hit the road! & VRS & SPR

Proterra, winnipeg liked this post
_ANDi_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 1st, 2016, 12:07 PM   #3822
Ices77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 280
Likes (Received): 867

*If you want to avoid R1 Banská Bystrica - Zvolen, you don t need to buy vignette. Here is a map of paid sections. R1 Banská Bystrica bypass is not paid so after passing the city leave the expressway at Banská Bystrica - Kremnička exit and continue I/69 to Kováčová and further I/66.
__________________

Proterra, winnipeg liked this post
Ices77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2016, 12:09 PM   #3823
Proterra
Korpus niedyplomatyczny
 
Proterra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Kowaniec
Posts: 148
Likes (Received): 229

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnipeg View Post
Anyone? (Especially about the toll I don't want to miss an important point and got a fine )...
You should be fine. That road is quite pretty but slow. For Slovak standards very good quality, I'd recommend driving it during the day.

Regarding the toll, I'm not entirely sure whether the bypass of Trzciana is tolled or not. I've driven it quite a few times without getting pulled over, it is possible that it's tolled but not enforced by local police because they also know that if they would enforce it, everyone would drive through their town, and that road sees very heavy traffic.

Also, make sure you carry a 20 euro bill when passing through rural Slovakia. The cops in those towns love to pull over foreigners (especially those with PL or HU registration) for trivial "offences" that they let Slovaks pass for (it happened to me more than once that I got pulled over for driving a few kilometres over the limit in a line of traffic, and they let the Slovaks pass but they pulled me over, and in Bańska Bystrzyca I once got ticketed for running a non-existent stop sign which a Slovak in front of me also ran) There is no point arguing with them as you will lose a lot of time doing so, and it's always a 20 euro fine they give.
__________________

winnipeg liked this post
Proterra no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2016, 07:48 PM   #3824
winnipeg
Registered User
 
winnipeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Arad
Posts: 664
Likes (Received): 206

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ANDi_ View Post
Yes, for this route avoiding R1 and going on I/69 you don't need vignette. And the short parts of 1+1 R3 in Orava are vignette free.

https://goo.gl/maps/TEuaiU5tCQt
Thank you!! Okay, I will follow this route

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ices77 View Post
*If you want to avoid R1 Banská Bystrica - Zvolen, you don t need to buy vignette. Here is a map of paid sections. R1 Banská Bystrica bypass is not paid so after passing the city leave the expressway at Banská Bystrica - Kremnička exit and continue I/69 to Kováčová and further I/66.
Also thank you for those explanations and for the toll map!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proterra View Post
You should be fine. That road is quite pretty but slow. For Slovak standards very good quality, I'd recommend driving it during the day.

Regarding the toll, I'm not entirely sure whether the bypass of Trzciana is tolled or not. I've driven it quite a few times without getting pulled over, it is possible that it's tolled but not enforced by local police because they also know that if they would enforce it, everyone would drive through their town, and that road sees very heavy traffic.

Also, make sure you carry a 20 euro bill when passing through rural Slovakia. The cops in those towns love to pull over foreigners (especially those with PL or HU registration) for trivial "offences" that they let Slovaks pass for (it happened to me more than once that I got pulled over for driving a few kilometres over the limit in a line of traffic, and they let the Slovaks pass but they pulled me over, and in Bańska Bystrzyca I once got ticketed for running a non-existent stop sign which a Slovak in front of me also ran) There is no point arguing with them as you will lose a lot of time doing so, and it's always a 20 euro fine they give.
Yes, I tought that this road was interesting as it goes through western Carpathians and also that it was slow as Google Maps indicate that it should take the same time as the other road via Bratislava which is 250km longer...

Okay, from what I understood and from the maps, I think that Trzciana bypass is untolled, at least I hope so...

Thanks for the advice! I see, so bad... I will do my best to be very careful...
winnipeg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2016, 01:42 PM   #3825
Nido
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,146
Likes (Received): 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostas97 View Post
So there were no works for about 17 years, right??
not exactly, construction was suspended for several (4?) years in 1999, then continued really slowly, border crossing was completed first to connect existing I/12 road on SK side with S69 in PL, that was in 2006 I believe.

Here's old photo from dialnice.info, dated back to 09/2007, most of the works were done in 2009 or so, followed by years of maintenance as ANDi wrote:

__________________

kostas97, Ices77 liked this post
Nido no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2016, 10:25 AM   #3826
Ices77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 280
Likes (Received): 867

Some actual news:
  • Construction began on D1 Budimír Bidovce section, earthing works and even works on bridge foundations are in progress. National Highway Agency already published actualised map also with the whole Bratislava D4/R7 project showing under construction.
  • R2 Zvolen východ Pstruša will, unfortunately, not be delivered this year. New date is May 2017.
  • D3 Svrčinovec Skalité some sections completed, however, this year completition is still possible. Three big bridges Vŕšok, Rieka and Markov are completed, yet another big three ones are yet to be finished. In tunnels is running the installation of technology.
  • For D3 Čadca Bukov Svrčinovec gave Strabag the best offer, so if everything goes fine, contract signature can happen in next few weeks.

Svrčinovec Skalité photos from the end of October:






__________________

_ANDi_, Adayafter, Luki_SL, SRC_100, Fooxx67 and 8 others liked this post
Ices77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2016, 07:48 PM   #3827
Remi55
Registered User
 
Remi55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 167
Likes (Received): 34

Quote:
D3 Svrčinovec Skalité some sections completed, however, this year completition is still possible. Three big bridges Vŕšok, Rieka and Markov are completed, yet another big three ones are yet to be finished. In tunnels is running the installation of technology.
Very good news, but somehow I doubt it will open this year, but would be very awesome
Remi55 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2016, 01:02 PM   #3828
rafaldinho19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Iława / Zabrze
Posts: 102
Likes (Received): 23

Few photos from Bardejov bypass:











__________________

SRC_100, Luki_SL, gr_kanev, Qwert liked this post
rafaldinho19 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2016, 07:05 PM   #3829
_ANDi_
Registered User
 
_ANDi_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 157
Likes (Received): 246


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt_5BtWrYBA
__________________
Hit the road! & VRS & SPR

Fooxx67, Ices77 liked this post
_ANDi_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2016, 09:56 PM   #3830
Ices77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 280
Likes (Received): 867

ANDi, it seems from the visualisation that it will run also through swampy/wet area and is elevated several meters above the ground level. It resembles me quite a lot Austrian A6. Nevertheless therefore the views could be nice, although the section runs through lower hills area, but will probably not be interfered through many sound barriers.
Ices77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2016, 12:04 AM   #3831
_ANDi_
Registered User
 
_ANDi_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 157
Likes (Received): 246


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjLyUV6ZVeU
__________________
Hit the road! & VRS & SPR

valovo, Ices77, Sentilj, Fooxx67 liked this post
_ANDi_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2016, 06:38 PM   #3832
Kemo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Segiet
Posts: 10,715
Likes (Received): 18738

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
The interchange at the end of the section belongs to the next section which was postponed. Construction works began in June 2014.
There seems to be only one (incomplete) interchange in Skalite so you should correct it on your list.
Kemo está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2016, 12:35 AM   #3833
Ices77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 280
Likes (Received): 867

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
There seems to be only one (incomplete) interchange in Skalite so you should correct it on your list.
Mate, I think there will be two incomplete interchanges, one direction PL and one direction SK. If we come out from the exit lists page, it clearly says so. Then in ANDi video, min. 4:07 right after the tunnel Poľana there seems to be widened asphalt together with motorway high lamps, what could be entrance in direction PL. Exit direction SK could be current temporary junction to I/12, min. 5:18 in the video. This could correspond to the information at exitlists web.

Btw, I followed the discussion about this in Polish thread, great information exchange guys.
Ices77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2016, 09:50 PM   #3834
Kemo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Segiet
Posts: 10,715
Likes (Received): 18738

Maybe you are right. I thought that the road near the tunnel entrance will be for maintenance only.
Kemo está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2016, 12:22 AM   #3835
Ices77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 280
Likes (Received): 867

Kemo, entrance to expressway in direction PL should be somewhere between tunnel Poľana and 494m long estacade Skalité. It could be the place at 4:08, but it is just behind the exit from the tunnel, so maybe it is not good from safety reasons.... It could be also at 4:14, but it seems to me more like maintenance road, the same at 4:20. IMHO possible entrance could be at 4:29 as well, we will see after horizonal and vertical traffic signs wil be installed.
Ices77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2016, 12:43 AM   #3836
Eulanthe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,228
Likes (Received): 409

Just an aside - does anyone know if the 7.5t limit will be lifted on the border crossing once the D3 opens?
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2016, 12:52 AM   #3837
Ices77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 280
Likes (Received): 867

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulanthe View Post
Just an aside - does anyone know if the 7.5t limit will be lifted on the border crossing once the D3 opens?
I think it must be lifted, this was also one of the main reasons why Svrčinovec Skalité was constructed. It should be also vignette free.
Ices77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2016, 01:42 AM   #3838
Eulanthe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,228
Likes (Received): 409

Vignette free as far as the I/11, or just to the first junction in Skalite?

It would certainly be a huge kick towards Poland if the D3 is free as far as the I/11 - the truck traffic will be unbearable on the non-S1 segments.
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2016, 08:49 AM   #3839
Ices77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 280
Likes (Received): 867

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulanthe View Post
Vignette free as far as the I/11, or just to the first junction in Skalite?

It would certainly be a huge kick towards Poland if the D3 is free as far as the I/11 - the truck traffic will be unbearable on the non-S1 segments.
The whole section Svrčinovec Skalite will be vignette free up to the crossroad Svrčinovec. From Svrčinovec to Čadca Bukov it will be payable, but from 2020, following up motorway opening. Čadca bypass is vignette free, as of course adjacent two I/11 sections. The first paid sections is in Žilina.

Thus after opening you should drive all the way up to Žilina without necessity of buying vignette.

Trucks, however, should pay, whether they drive D3, or I/11.
Ices77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2016, 09:12 AM   #3840
Ices77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 280
Likes (Received): 867

D3 Zilina Strážov-Zilina Brodno aerial shots by Ali18:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali18 View Post
Premostenie Hričovskej priehrady je už takmer hotové:


Križovatka Žilina-západ:


Západný portál tunela Považský Chlmec:


Východný portál:


Budúca križovatka Žilina-sever:
__________________

ChrisZwolle, maciej_ca, ilyan, SRC_100, valovo and 5 others liked this post
Ices77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
motorways

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium