daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 16th, 2016, 10:59 PM   #3841
i15

Likes (Received): 609

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ices77 View Post
Some actual news:
  • Construction began on D1 Budimír Bidovce section, earthing works and even works on bridge foundations are in progress. National Highway Agency already published actualised map
Official ceremony with base stone and politicians will be on 24.11., but construction has already started. Deadline is 38 months or 12/2019
i15 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 17th, 2016, 10:44 AM   #3842
Ices77

Likes (Received): 867

Quote:
Originally Posted by i15 View Post
Official ceremony with base stone and politicians will be on 24.11., but construction has already started. Deadline is 38 months or 12/2019
And hopefully, preparatory works for the Bidovce-Dargov and Dargov Pozdišovce sections will also speed up. Future D1 and I/19 direction to Michalovce has the second strongest traffic flow from Košice, first is Prešov D1/R4 and I/20 direction, if I am not mistaken.
Ices77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2016, 01:44 PM   #3843
i15

Likes (Received): 609

Quote:
And hopefully, preparatory works for the Bidovce-Dargov and Dargov Pozdišovce sections will also speed up
Unfortunatelly, I don't think so. Road 19 was completelly repaved and has low % of trucks. Also, traffic census from 2015 shows decrease of traffic, but I personally don't trust this census.
i15 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2016, 11:25 PM   #3844
Ices77

Quote:
Originally Posted by i15 View Post
Unfortunatelly, I don't think so. Road 19 was completelly repaved and has low % of trucks. Also, traffic census from 2015 shows decrease of traffic, but I personally don't trust this census.
It has been slight traffic decrease, not something dramatic, IMHO. There is stronger economy and people more fly to holiday, but also use commuter trains to work, public transport in Košice got also much better. And Regiojet made revival of train services again.

Nevertheless, from traffic up to Dargov D1 could be smoothly 2+2. From Dargov maybe half profile could be now sufficient, bypass of Sečovce and several other places are still needed and D1 is a fine solution. It will connect Michalovce, fourth biggest town in eastern Slovakia to D1 and revive tourism on Šírava dam. I/19 is also part of international E50 route.

Last edited by Ices77; November 17th, 2016 at 11:31 PM.
Old November 22nd, 2016, 02:38 PM   #3845
Ices77

Yet some updates:

• In tunnel Višňové is ca. 43 percent, or 6400 meters bored from total 15000 m (7500 for each tube)

• Tunnel Žilina on D1 Hričovské Podhradie - Lietavská Lúčka is this month completely broke through. Thanks to zilinskedialnice.sk for providing excellent photos.

• Trucks in immediate proximity of residential areas. This is picture of today Prešov, the only Slovak county seat (out of 8) without any motorway/expressway bypass, or any kind of. D1 Prešov west-Prešov south renewed EIA should be ready in March..

• Bypass of Šaľa on I/75 has good chances to speed up approvals and begin construction, but the earliest possible construction start is 2018.

• In tunnel Považský Chlmec on D3 Žilina Strážov - Žilina Brodno is secondary linig finished in both tubes:

Old November 23rd, 2016, 10:13 PM   #3846
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19366

D3

The € 239 million contract for the construction of D3 between Čadca-Bukov and Svrčinovec has been signed today. It is co-funded by the EU CEF at a sum of € 87.5 million.

I'm a bit surprised about the high cost of € 239 million for a 5.7 km segment of motorway (that's € 42 million per kilometer). There 24 bridges, but no tunnels and the Svrčinovec interchange is already built as part of the Svrčinovec - Skalité segment.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Ices77, Fooxx67 liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2016, 10:14 PM   #3847
_ANDi_

Likes (Received): 246

Cartel & corruption.

i15, belerophon, Qwert liked this post
_ANDi_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2016, 11:02 PM   #3848
Ices77

Well, motorway will run through completely urbanised area, 0,8 km long estacade Podzávoz in northern Čadca, noise barriers on both sides on almost entire route, alltogether 24 bridges, lenght of the bridges 256, 314, 493, 371, 374, 191, 177 meters... As it runs through urbanised Čadca also some induced investments in town, as underground path for pedestrians, reconstruction of existing pedestrian bridge, new pedestrian bridge, several temporary bridges in northern Čadca, here is full list of objects.

Visualisation on youtube had to be removed, as some musical group clamied the violation of their music copyrights, so here are at least some picture visualisations:

Čadca Bukov interchange:

0,8 km estacade Podzávoz:

Interchange Čadca Podzávoz:

Btw, this is great news, but also it seems, that D3 Svrčinovec Skalité will probably open next year in May. If it will open sooner, it´ll be fine surpirse...

Last edited by Ices77; November 24th, 2016 at 01:59 AM.
Old November 27th, 2016, 10:00 PM   #3849
Ices77

State starts subsidiary scheme for electric cars

Slovak motorists can from Friday, Nov. 11 get government subsidies from buying electric or hybrid vehicles. Project of the Ministry of Economy and the Association of Automotive Industry will support the purchase of these vehicles with total amount of € 5.2 million. "This is the first step to promote electromobility in Slovakia. We are inspired by a project known as scrapping (šrotovné). We want to get our roads more electric, said at Thursday's press conference, Minister of Economy Peter Ziga.

Five thousand

Means to support the purchase of electric and hybrid cars will go from the Recycling Fund and the automobile association. New car on pure electric power gets financial contribution five thousand euros and in hybrid combination with the optional internal combustion engine gives the new owner a subsidy three thousand euros. The support of candidates must apply directly to the seller. The project will last until the end of next year, respectively, to the availability of allocated funds. Aid should be aimed to more than a thousand new electric or hybrid vehicles.

Conditions support

The basic condition of support is there to be previously unregistered car, sold in Slovakia in a version plug-in, rechargeable battery, thus with electricity through a power outlet. All citizens as well as businesses and governments can ask for support. First part of contribution shall be paid after the purchase of the vehicle and the remainder over the next two years of registration. "The aim is to prevent speculative exports abroad. The condition is therefore registration in Slovakia by the end of next year and at least 24 months, "said president of the Association of Automotive Industry Juraj Sinay.

Maybe in the future

At present, in Slovakia is registered only about a thousand electric cars and hybrid vehicles. One of the obstacles of greater purchases of these vehicles is the high cost. Ball is now also on the part of retailers who can expand and motivate customers by cost, "said Žiga, who did not rule out that even after exhausting currently earmarked funds to support electric vehicles in the future can state re-allocate funds from the state budget for this project.

Here is the map of existing charging stations:

or even more detailed map http://www.zeemaps.com/pub?group=909...=UA-70567902-1

This is loose translation of this article.
Old November 27th, 2016, 10:55 PM   #3850
bewu1

Likes (Received): 2054

Stupid idea to subsidize rich people's cars.

i15, Trupman, Qwert liked this post
bewu1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2016, 11:06 PM   #3851
Ices77

Prices of electromobiles are declining and we have to start somewhere to support this trend.
Old November 27th, 2016, 11:09 PM   #3852
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19366

In the Netherlands we learned that subsidizing plug-in hybrid vehicles is an absolute waste of money. Fuel card data shows that they hardly consume any less fuel than a non-hybrid (i.e. regular combustion engine) vehicle. Many people charge them only sporadically or not at all.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Eurogue liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2016, 11:15 PM   #3853
Ices77

How looked the subsidizing scheme in Netherlands?
Old November 28th, 2016, 01:22 AM   #3854
winnipeg

Likes (Received): 206

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
In the Netherlands we learned that subsidizing plug-in hybrid vehicles is an absolute waste of money. Fuel card data shows that they hardly consume any less fuel than a non-hybrid (i.e. regular combustion engine) vehicle. Many people charge them only sporadically or not at all.
Then those people are stupid... Hopefully I don't think that everybody act the same....
winnipeg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2016, 11:07 AM   #3855
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2081

Quote:
Btw, this is great news, but also it seems, that D3 Svrčinovec Skalité will probably open next year in May. If it will open sooner, it´ll be fine surpirse...
It was announced to be opened in 2016. Are both sections expected to be opened in May or is the 3km section still expected to be opened earlier (2016)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
D3: Svrcinovec (R5) – Skalite-West 12.3km (October 2013 to Late 2016) [1st c/w] – projectmap
D3: Skalite-West – Skalite-East 3.0km (November 1997 to Late 2016) [1st c/w] – projectmap

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2016, 11:48 AM   #3856
Ices77

According to historiadialnic.sk are opening dates as follows:

R2 Zvolen východ Pstruša 15.5.2017
D3 Svrčinovec Skalité and D3 Skalité West Skalité East 31.5.2017
D3 Žilina Strážov Žilina Brodno 8.11. 2017

MichiH liked this post
Old November 28th, 2016, 01:03 PM   #3857
Attus

Likes (Received): 1038

In Hungary the majority of plug-in hybrids are extremely expensive luxury cars, many of them having 3.0 l engines and are hardly used in electric mode.
Subsidizing them is pretty counterproductive, these cars are more polluting than average cars.
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2016, 01:17 PM   #3858
Ices77

It is our money we contribute and will see at the end of next year how the first phase will work out.
Old November 28th, 2016, 06:26 PM   #3859
Qwert

Likes (Received): 2533

Quote:
Originally Posted by bewu1 View Post
Stupid idea to subsidize rich people's cars.
Our entire regime is about supporting the rich. In this particular case it is in addition quite badly masked.

Quote:
It is our money we contribute and will see at the end of next year how the first phase will work out.
Do you speak for the majority of taxpayers?
Qwert no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2016, 06:37 PM   #3860
Ices77

Oh no, no political issues here..... Then it is our goverment, who decided, whether me, you, or somebody else like it or not. We can have different views, critisize but that is all we can do with it.

Tags
motorways