daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 7th, 2017, 06:01 PM   #3901
Ices77

Likes (Received): 867

Quote:
Originally Posted by belerophon View Post
I searched MichiH's list, and could not find it.
As far as i understand the article, until Oct. 2020 all sections should be finished, maybe some in April 2020 or end of 2019.

It mentions archeological investigations, which are not finished yet in one place, and land aquisition (or withdrawal) which is not completed everywhere.

But does it give exact sections with star and end points for MichiH's list? There is not length provided either.

Its just saying there is a total of 27 km for D4- Ring road
and 32 km for R7, 59km altogether.
Here are info from the project page:
http://www.obchvatbratislavy.sk/en/detaily-projektu

There is also fresher press release from January, it mentions first part (R7 as it is more advanced in respect to documentation), to be finished in 2020 and second part, D4 in 2021.

Then, an update from D1 Hubová – Ivachnová. In the first part, Hubová – Likavka in 2014 the construction works were halted on the most part due to unstable geology and part of the section was rerouted, original tunnel Čebrať will be longer for ca. 1 km, now in approval process. In the second part, Likavka – Ivachnová the construction is advanced, so that probably by the end of the year the section could be delivered to motorists. However, Minister says the both sections would be opened only together, that is what we know for now. The whole section might be finished in 2020, however, according to January press release, eventually in 2019, if everything goes smoothly. This is new solution with longer tunnel.

Last edited by Ices77; February 7th, 2017 at 08:24 PM.
Ices77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 7th, 2017, 09:00 PM   #3902
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2081

Quote:
Originally Posted by belerophon View Post
But does it give exact sections with star and end points for MichiH's list? There is not length provided either.

Its just saying there is a total of 27 km for D4- Ring road
and 32 km for R7, 59km altogether.
D4: AT/SK border (Devinska Nova Ves) – Devinska Nova Ves 3.6km (? to ?) – projectmap
D4: Zahorska Bystrica – Raca 12.1km (? to ?) – projectmap
D4: Raca – Ivanka pri Dunaju-North (D1) 4,4km (? to ?) – projectmap
D4: Ivanka pri Dunaju-North (D1) – Jarovce (D2) 22.6km (? to ?) – projectmap
R7: Bratislava-Prievoz (D1) – Ketelec (D4) 6.5km (? to ?) – projectmap
R7: Ketelec (D4) – Dunajska Luzna-South 8.2km (? to ?) – projectmap

R7: Dunajska Luzna-South – Holice 17.4km (2016 to March 2020) – projectmap

It might be outdated though.

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2017, 09:35 PM   #3903
Ices77

Tunnel Karpaty and motorway bridge to Austria are not parts of this project, construction could start after 2020, possibly as PPP project.

Then the dates for these sections of D4/R7 I would post now as follows:

D4: Raca – Ivanka pri Dunaji-North (D1) 4,4km (Spring 2017 to 2021) – projectmap
D4: Ivanka pri Dunaji-North (D1) – Jarovce (D2) 22.6km (Spring 2017 to 2021) – projectmap
R7: Bratislava-Prievoz (D1) – Ketelec (D4) 6.5km (Spring 2017 to 2020) – projectmap
R7: Ketelec (D4) – Dunajska Luzna-South 8.2km (Spring 2017 to 2020) – projectmap
R7: Dunajska Luzna-South – Holice 17.4km (October 2016 to 2020) – projectmap

MichiH liked this post

Last edited by Ices77; February 7th, 2017 at 09:47 PM.
Old February 8th, 2017, 08:39 PM   #3904
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2081

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ices77 View Post
Then the dates for these sections of D4/R7 I would post now as follows:
Not now but once first reports about works are posted here... Likely spring 2017.

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2017, 10:54 AM   #3905
belerophon

Likes (Received): 57

Well the article mentioned that works might have started in some sections, whilst in others there are issues like i told there: land aquisition and archeology.

I searched the forum about fotos as it was told, but could not find any in D4&R7 subforum. One could see that in most sections there were rare entries this year mostly 1-2 weeks old with no pics.

Thus i can not validate any start, if it did not already occour last year. I only checked the newest posts...

Drove my car everywhere except: IL, JOR

Last edited by belerophon; February 10th, 2017 at 01:03 AM. Reason: Typo
belerophon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2017, 08:44 PM   #3906
Ices77

Seems you have it mixed up a bit.... Just be patient, news and photos will come out later on.
Old February 9th, 2017, 09:19 PM   #3907
_ANDi_

Likes (Received): 246

It's FIDIC yellow book. First months are gonna be spend on planning... Real construction hasn't started yet, just some small ground works and vegetation cleaning.
Old February 10th, 2017, 01:17 AM   #3908
belerophon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ices77 View Post
In October earthing works were performed at R7 Dunajská Lužná - Holice and in January pictures from earthing works of adjacent section appeared at www.dialnice.info.
Well according to your words i looked up the forum and R7 subforum to see pictures of earthing works. But there are none.

It is told, that earthing works have begun:
Quote:
mjk » 17. Okt 2016 20:26

Dnes dopoludnia som videl prvý báger aj na tomto úseku, pred križovatkou Dunajská Lužná. Dva úseky s právoplatným SP sú fyzicky vo výstavbe. Takže začínajú v poradí, tak ako avizovali, aj ako boli úseky pripravené.
There is 1 picture link, but the author says he could only see fences:
Quote:
mb1000 » 09. Jan 2017 13:08

Na tomto useku bol koncom decembra vyznaceny koridor trasy reflexnym pletivom, zopar fotiek pri Topolovych honoch:
http://www.dialnice.info/gallery/ima...image_id=35879

Afterwards it is questioned if really anything started yet. And the answer is: No, just fencing and archeology

Quote:
Aj sa tu už niečo začalo robiť? Skrývkovanie ornice, preložky inžinierskych sietí atď...???
Quote:
Ja som zatial videl len vyrub drevin.
Quote:
Koridor je oplotený. A tiež prebiehal archeologický výskum.

Old February 10th, 2017, 01:32 AM   #3909
Ices77

OMG, listen, just write down to NDS, okay? They have a commitment to answer all questions from the public from the law, this is how the guys from www.dialnice.info do it sometimes. I am not sure, whether you should write it as a Slovak citizen, you should find it out.
This is to end up the discussion with you, sorry.
Old February 10th, 2017, 02:47 AM   #3910
belerophon

I just said, that i could not find, what you wrote. I didn't even call it wrong. But the answer is to blame me tah i did mix up things!

So i explainend in detail, what i did do and find. And the answer: You blame me again.

Old March 4th, 2017, 12:05 AM   #3911
Ices77

In January Slovakian police released 2016 statistics of traffic accidents. Last year was the second lowest in number of fatalities from 1966, when statistics of this kind has been started. The lowest number, however, was encountered in 2013. And all that despite of raising number of cars and cars kilometers.

Most frequent reasons of traffic accidents were not paying sufficient attention to driving, then not appropriate speed, wrong drive on crossroad and wrong turning, or reversing.

Name user 1 liked this post
Old March 4th, 2017, 12:10 AM   #3912
Ices77

Mobile application Help On Motorways

About a year there is motorways/expressway mobile application available HELP ON MOTORWAY, so if you guys especially first time travel to Slovakia, this could be the assistance. In the price of vignette is also the drive of the Motorway patrol, which is of course also available through call, or SMS. This patrol covers ca. 750 km of Slovakian motorways/expressways network and you can download the application here: http://www.ndsas.sk/mobil-application/49192s.
On the first page by clicking the button Diaľničná patrola /Motorway patrol/ the assistance will come, as your location is monitored through application.

The patrol will be of assistance in cases like puncture repair, assistance by car towing and basic repairs. Application Help On Motorway consists further Traffic information, Live cameras, Rest areas and Tourist information.

This is how it all works, however a bit of soap opera video from NDS:

gr_kanev liked this post
Old March 4th, 2017, 12:14 AM   #3913
Ices77

D1 from the eye bird view between Ilava and Dubnica. Source: Facebook page of NDS.

Sentilj, Luki_SL, GROBIN, Moravian, Qwert and 4 others liked this post
Old March 9th, 2017, 07:14 PM   #3914
Ices77

About three weeks ago, there was blockade of I/11, locals wants to speed up the construction of the rest sections of D3 (Žilina Brodno – Kysucke Nove Mesto and Kysucke Nove Mesto – Oscadnica) as AADT on the section Žilina Brodno – Oščadnica is up to 22000 and constantly rising, with about 25 percent truck share. These sections will be built, the only matter is construction start.

Visualisation of D3 Zilina Brodno – Kysucke Nove Mesto:

SRC_100 liked this post
Old March 9th, 2017, 07:20 PM   #3915
Ices77

Redesign of NDS web

Today I mentioned complete redesign of main NDS page. IMHO it is definitely better, than previous one and much more customers (drivers) oriented.

https://www.ndsas.sk/en

SRC_100 liked this post
Old March 9th, 2017, 07:23 PM   #3916
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19366

Wayyy too much scrolling on desktop. But I'm afraid that's the norm today...

The whole frontpage is basically a full-size screen of nothing....
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2017, 07:34 PM   #3917
Ices77

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Wayyy too much scrolling on desktop. But I'm afraid that's the norm today...

The whole frontpage is basically a full-size screen of nothing....
Or it scrolls automatically. Quite a contrary, I like it
Old March 9th, 2017, 07:46 PM   #3918
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19366

On the previous design, you could see all press releases without having to scroll or click to a separate page. Now you have to scroll a lot. This is annoying for frequently returning users.

One thing I also don't like are the HUGE letters they use, you can read them from 3 meters away. Also, they use GIGANTIC buttons and MEGA images consuming all space for a small amount of information or options.

But like I said, it seems to be the norm today. Many websites have redesigned like this.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

_ANDi_ liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2017, 08:06 PM   #3919
volodaaaa

Likes (Received): 1748

Quote:
On the previous design, you could see all press releases without having to scroll or click to a separate page. Now you have to scroll a lot. This is annoying for frequently returning users.

One thing I also don't like are the HUGE letters they use, you can read them from 3 meters away. Also, they use GIGANTIC buttons and MEGA images consuming all space for a small amount of information or options.

But like I said, it seems to be the norm today. Many websites have redesigned like this.
Maybe a professional deformation... you know... highway fonts

btw. if you are not satisfied, just drop by the ministry of transport site... especially English version is the pure designer's artwork.

volodaaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2017, 08:35 PM   #3920
Ices77

Quote:

Sure, it is a matter of personal preference.... Anyway, like volodaaa, I like new design better...

On the other hand as well, there are less information about specific sites, the old one had for sure more information...

Tags
motorways