daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 9th, 2017, 04:53 PM   #4001
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

The delivery date of the section was January 2018. Is this still up-to-date? The completion of the neighboring section is 2021. The section would remain useless quite long... Is the mentioned temporary access road just your idea or is there any official discussion or info?

btw: The project page links to the Slovakian motorway/expressway projects do not work anymore, for instance: http://www.ndsas.sk/useky-hricovske-...cka/44223s469c Is there any new link?

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 9th, 2017, 07:01 PM   #4002
Ices77

Likes (Received): 867

The project links work fine, try this for example: https://www.ndsas.sk/stavby/vystavba...ietavska-lucka.

Then for the opening date I can just recommend October 2018, which is on NDS project page. The point also is, that if this section would be opened without neighbouring section (which substantial part is 7,5 km long tunnel Višňové), the drive will be longer and also more time consuming, as it will go through Žilina city. I think for now we can just wait for the official NDS press statements.

MichiH liked this post
Ices77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2017, 09:22 PM   #4003
Sineva
BANNED

Likes (Received): 45

When will be whole slovakian part of Via Caepatia completed? What standart it will have?
Sineva no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2017, 09:03 AM   #4004
Ices77

I guess you mean Via Carpatia, which in Slovakia corresponds to the expressway R4. It is almost completed in the nearness of two major eastern Slovakian cities, Košice and Prešov, with Košice big ring and Prešov northern bypass hot candidates for construction tender. Four remaining sections north from Prešov are to be constructed, if not from the reasons like AADT, then for sure for support of economy of this not really rich region. Then, my rough estimation is 2030, maybe later.
Old October 11th, 2017, 11:07 PM   #4005
Sineva
BANNED

Of course I meant "Via Carpatia". Pity it won't be finished earlier.
Old October 12th, 2017, 08:38 PM   #4006
Ices77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sineva View Post
Of course I meant "Via Carpatia". Pity it won't be finished earlier.
I also make some typo mistakes from type to time... See, there is one more matter, it is coordination with Polish friends. From Rzeszow and Prešov there is approximately the same distance to the common border and there are not many sections constructed so far, the reason is also difficult terrain. Some sections on I/21 have been, however, recently reconstructed so that drivers will have smooth drive on this international road.
Old October 13th, 2017, 12:05 AM   #4007
Sineva
BANNED

Yep. That's why I should read my coments after I post them According to recent news whole polish section of Via Carpatia is in realisation or preparation. They want to finish it in 2025.
Old October 13th, 2017, 01:21 PM   #4008
Nido

Likes (Received): 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
The delivery date of the section was January 2018. Is this still up-to-date? The completion of the neighboring section is 2021. The section would remain useless quite long... Is the mentioned temporary access road just your idea or is there any official discussion or info?
2.6 km long feeder will be built to connect this section with Zilina, contract should be signed soon, think it is scheduled for 18 months of works. This also requires that intersection will be built which is part of section with tunnel Visnove (section Hricovske Podhradie - Lietavska Lucka and feeder will be both useless if that intersection won't be completed)
Nido no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2017, 11:00 AM   #4009
Ices77

Quote:
Yep. That's why I should read my coments after I post them According to recent news whole polish section of Via Carpatia is in realisation or preparation. They want to finish it in 2025.
That´s great news without any doubt. Sections on Slovakian side are in various stage of preparation.
  • R4 Prešov (Kapušany) - Svidník south: EIA documentation ready, approvals in progress
  • R4 Svidník north (Ladomírová) - Hunkovce: documentation for building permit is elaborated
  • R4 Hunkovce - border SK/PL: EIA documentation is approved, next approvals in progress

Most discussed section was Kapušany - Svidník south, where three variants (red, light blue and blue) were elaborated. At the beginning of thís year red variant was chosen with smaller adaptations:

SRC_100, Fooxx67 liked this post

Last edited by Ices77; October 16th, 2017 at 11:51 AM.
Old October 16th, 2017, 03:26 PM   #4010
_ANDi_

Likes (Received): 246

Basically it was changing every time with new government, I'm sure it's gonna change few more times before it will be built.

I prefer the blue variant, 'cause it's connecting more towns and it's not much longer.
Old October 16th, 2017, 05:59 PM   #4011
hegyaljai

Likes (Received): 5

From hungarian point of wiew there are no difference betveen the two variant. Via Carpatia is important for Pl, Sk, Hu as well. Miskolc-Kosice section will be ready leatest for 2022. So go on!
hegyaljai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2017, 12:25 AM   #4012
Ices77

I would also prefer blue variant, however, red one seems to be final one. Nevertheless, IMHO from Lipníky we can see the real construction after 2020, as Prešov norhern bypass seems to have utmost priority.
Old October 17th, 2017, 07:38 PM   #4013
Qtya
sensational

Likes (Received): 9396

The construction of the new Danube Bridge between Komárom (Hu) and Komarno (SK) has begun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aladar View Post
Megkezdődött az új Komáromi Duna-híd kivitelezése

http://nif.hu/2017/10/megkezdodott-a...-kivitelezese/

II. János Pál pápa

rudiwien, SRC_100, Luki_SL, _ANDi_, Qwert and 1 others liked this post
Qtya está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2017, 08:16 PM   #4014
Qtya
sensational

Likes (Received): 9396

+1 VIDEO of the planned bridge: http://nif.hu/2017/10/megkezdodott-a...-kivitelezese/

II. János Pál pápa

SRC_100 liked this post
Qtya está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2017, 08:16 PM   #4015
i15

Likes (Received): 612

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ices77 View Post
as Prešov norhern bypass seems to have utmost priority.
Unfortunatelly, it is just "verbal" priority, since the budget is low. Another recent "priority" is southern R2 between Zvolen and Košice. It is nice to see, that ministry of transportation cares about this region, but our expectations should be low.

_ANDi_, Qwert liked this post
i15 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2017, 01:00 AM   #4016
Ices77

Quote:
Originally Posted by i15 View Post
Unfortunatelly, it is just "verbal" priority, since the budget is low. Another recent "priority" is southern R2 between Zvolen and Košice. It is nice to see, that ministry of transportation cares about this region, but our expectations should be low.
We will see. In the meantime here are at least some visualisations from Prešov northern bypass:

Interchange Prešov north - Dubrava:

Interchange Kapušany:

Tunnel Okruhliak:

Bridge before tunnel Bykoš:

Tunnel Bykoš:

Complete visualisation: https://presov.korzar.sme.sk/g/71891...kt.html&list=1

Luki_SL, SRC_100, Fooxx67, Nowax, Qwert and 1 others liked this post

Last edited by Ices77; October 18th, 2017 at 01:40 AM.
Old October 19th, 2017, 02:08 PM   #4017
i15

Likes (Received): 612

D1 Budimír Bidovce - nice dron video made by constructor:

https://www.facebook.com/Skanska.v.C...0403738323418/

Ices77, Qwert, SRC_100 liked this post
i15 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2017, 11:48 PM   #4018
Sineva
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ices77 View Post
That´s great news without any doubt. Sections on Slovakian side are in various stage of preparation.
  • R4 Prešov (Kapušany) - Svidník south: EIA documentation ready, approvals in progress
  • R4 Svidník north (Ladomírová) - Hunkovce: documentation for building permit is elaborated
  • R4 Hunkovce - border SK/PL: EIA documentation is approved, next approvals in progress

Most discussed section was Kapušany - Svidník south, where three variants (red, light blue and blue) were elaborated. At the beginning of thís year red variant was chosen with smaller adaptations:

Polish section from Rzeszow to Barwinek (Slovak border) is going to be one of the most expensive roads in Poland.

AFAIK there are 3 tunnels and 43 estacades planned on that section.

Ices77 liked this post
Old October 23rd, 2017, 11:13 PM   #4019
Ices77

D3 open door day

Photos from open door day at D3 Žilina Stražov - Žilina Brodno. Opening of the section will be in the second half of November. Source: zilinskedialnice.sk

Old October 23rd, 2017, 11:26 PM   #4020
Ices77

Quote:
Polish section from Rzeszow to Barwinek (Slovak border) is going to be one of the most expensive roads in Poland.

AFAIK there are 3 tunnels and 43 estacades planned on that section.
I believe that, terrain is mountainous all the way, Slovakian section is not that flat terrain as well, five tunnels alltogether are planned, tunnel Prešov 2224 m, tunnel Bikoš 1155 m, tunnel Okrúhliak 1917 m, tunnel Petič 510 m and tunnel Grúň 825 m.

Tunnel Prešov, the longest one, is already in construction, it is also a part of important cross country motorway connection D1. Next longer tunnels Okrúhliak and Bikoš are a part of Prešov northern bypass, which is prepared to be construction tendered. Didn´t count the number of estacades, but I am sure there will be quite a few of them

Sineva liked this post

Tags
motorways