daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility



Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old February 2nd, 2010, 08:36 PM   #1241
Qwert
Moderator
 
Qwert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,172
Likes (Received): 670

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I think it's really worth an that Slovakia is building all those tunnels with twin tubes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarse View Post





For those really interested in Slovak tunnels: http://ulozto.net/3809376/0001.rar

That .rar file contains video about tunnel Višňové, including visualisations and photos of construction of exploration tube. It's in Slovak, but you can enjoy at least pictures. It has more than 250 MB so it may take some time to download.
Qwert no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
 
Old February 3rd, 2010, 03:00 AM   #1242
DrX
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Košice
Posts: 861
Likes (Received): 0

For those REALLY interested in the Slovak tunnels, the ones by which the government tunnels public money into its sponsors' pockets, here is a new article in Trend, one of the most respectful economical magazines in Slovakia.

The article is about a letter (page 1, page 2) that the government received from the European Commission in which the EC threatens to stop all EU co-funding of the Slovak highways infrastructure because of the Slovak environmental laws that limit individual freedom of its citizen in order to speed up highway construction (i.e., the government goes against its citizen to give more money faster to the Fico's sponsors from the construction industry).

There are many parallels between Fico's current government and the government of Mečiar from 1990's. As far as highways go, the parallel is in that Fico is again pushing the country to the brink of bankruptcy in order to quickly build extremely overpriced highways. But, since Fico will almost certainly continue to be PM for another 4 years, this time we will most probably see the consequences of this policy...
DrX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2010, 10:00 AM   #1243
gmbh
Registered User
 
gmbh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 944
Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
There was spent much more money in Czech Republic. not only two times more.
source ? you give me only a list which don´t compares cz/sk prices.

Quote:
Toll (under 3.5 t) will be definitelly only on motorways and expressways
it´s all you can say ?....nothing about accessability of this ways ?
gmbh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2010, 02:57 PM   #1244
Qwert
Moderator
 
Qwert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,172
Likes (Received): 670

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrX View Post
For those REALLY interested in the Slovak tunnels, the ones by which the government tunnels public money into its sponsors' pockets, here is a new article in Trend, one of the most respectful economical magazines in Slovakia.

The article is about a letter (page 1, page 2) that the government received from the European Commission in which the EC threatens to stop all EU co-funding of the Slovak highways infrastructure because of the Slovak environmental laws that limit individual freedom of its citizen in order to speed up highway construction (i.e., the government goes against its citizen to give more money faster to the Fico's sponsors from the construction industry).

There are many parallels between Fico's current government and the government of Mečiar from 1990's. As far as highways go, the parallel is in that Fico is again pushing the country to the brink of bankruptcy in order to quickly build extremely overpriced highways. But, since Fico will almost certainly continue to be PM for another 4 years, this time we will most probably see the consequences of this policy...
Nice try, but I doubt English "tunnel" has the same two meanings as Slovak "tunel." Anyway, this has nothing to do with real tunnels. EC just criticize law which is in contradiction with EIA directive and I think they are right. This law should be withdrawn as it's obviously wrong. EC threatens countries it will stop or limit funding quite often, but I don't think they will really do it if the government responds properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmbh View Post
source ? you give me only a list which don´t compares cz/sk prices.
There's a list of motorway sections built before 1993 including their prices. I don't have enough time to provide you with detailed calculations which would only prove what's obvious. I'll be happy if it will be done by you though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmbh View Post
it´s all you can say ?....nothing about accessability of this ways ?
I don't understand this question. Maybe you should send me a PM and ask me again in Slovak. Such debate doesn't have much sense...
Qwert no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2010, 03:25 PM   #1245
DrX
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Košice
Posts: 861
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwert View Post
Nice try, but I doubt English "tunnel" has the same two meanings as Slovak "tunel." Anyway, this has nothing to do with real tunnels. EC just criticize law which is in contradiction with EIA directive and I think they are right. This law should be withdrawn as it's obviously wrong. EC threatens countries it will stop or limit funding quite often, but I don't think they will really do it if the government responds properly.
"NICE TRY" at a bullshit response. I really don't understand the forum contributors who have the need to respond to every single posting, even if they have nothing to say. Aren't you and the famous Dialničiar (famous, among other things, for using 20 different forum nicknames) by any chance the same person?
DrX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2010, 03:39 PM   #1246
Qwert
Moderator
 
Qwert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,172
Likes (Received): 670

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrX View Post
"NICE TRY" at a bullshit response. I really don't understand the forum contributors who have the need to respond to every single posting, even if they have nothing to say. Aren't you and the famous Dialničiar (famous, among other things, for using 20 different forum nicknames) by any chance the same person?
Be polite, please. This is English speaking forum. I'm affraid people here don't understand what are you trying to say about those tunnels. I can respond to whichever post I want, if you don't want people to reply on your posts then you should rather not post at all.
BTW, no, I'm not "Dialničiar," why do you think so? He is also replying on your posts?
Qwert no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2010, 03:41 PM   #1247
Qwert
Moderator
 
Qwert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,172
Likes (Received): 670

R1 Nitra West - Selenec

Southern bypass of Nitra.

Source: http://www.nitralive.sk/forum3/viewt...8a3a&start=600












Qwert no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2010, 03:59 PM   #1248
gmbh
Registered User
 
gmbh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 944
Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
There's a list of motorway sections built before 1993 including their prices. I don't have enough time to provide you with detailed calculations which would only prove what's obvious. I'll be happy if it will be done by you though.
and why ? who try to prove that czech motorways was 4 times expensive ? I think that´s only an excuse, czech "vysocina" is only hilly country, ...some bridges doesn ´t mean high prices...long bridges are near ozdany too, near poprad is short tunnel, but the price was low. what magnificent is on praha-brno motorway, gold crash barriers ?

Quote:
I don't understand this question.
I don´t send you anything. you don't want to understand.
gmbh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2010, 09:15 PM   #1249
Qwert
Moderator
 
Qwert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,172
Likes (Received): 670

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmbh View Post
and why ? who try to prove that czech motorways was 4 times expensive ? I think that´s only an excuse, czech "vysocina" is only hilly country, ...some bridges doesn ´t mean high prices...long bridges are near ozdany too, near poprad is short tunnel, but the price was low. what magnificent is on praha-brno motorway, gold crash barriers ?
You are seriously saying that price per km of D1 Prague - Brno is comparable to motorways in Slovakia built before 1993 (which are all except one section in flat terrain)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmbh View Post
I don´t send you anything. you don't want to understand.
I said there will be toll for vehicles under 3.5 t only on motorways and expressway. You replied something about accessibility of some ways. What accessibility and what ways? What should I say about it. This doesn't make any sense.
Qwert no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2010, 09:52 PM   #1250
TommyLopez
Registered User
 
TommyLopez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Prague
Posts: 68
Likes (Received): 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwert View Post
You are seriously saying that price per km of D1 Prague - Brno is comparable to motorways in Slovakia built before 1993 (which are all except one section in flat terrain)?



I said there will be toll for vehicles under 3.5 t only on motorways and expressway. You replied something about accessibility of some ways. What accessibility and what ways? What should I say about it. This doesn't make any sense.
Stay cool guys, why should you quarrel..
If you are comparing the Czech D1 in Vysočina region, it is logical that construction of this section was more expensive per km that Slovak D1 between Bratislava and Piešťany, because of the difficult terrain in Bohemian-Moravian Highlands, as had been already said, but not 4 times..
However I think that prices of the motorways were +- the same in both parts of the ex-federation.
TommyLopez no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2010, 10:28 PM   #1251
DrX
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Košice
Posts: 861
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwert View Post
Be polite, please. This is English speaking forum. I'm affraid people here don't understand what are you trying to say about those tunnels. I can respond to whichever post I want, if you don't want people to reply on your posts then you should rather not post at all.
BTW, no, I'm not "Dialničiar," why do you think so? He is also replying on your posts?
Exactly like Dialničiar you respond to every single message, no matter whether you have anything to say or not. And, as shown by your message "ping-pong" with gmbh, identically to Dialničiar, you manage to keep responding over and over for hundreds of messages, even though you're just repeating yourself. That's why you end up having almost 7000 posts :-). Finally, Dialničiar is an employee of Granvia, one of companies that is profiteering from Fico's overpriced PPP constrution, and his opinions match yours exactly (and, he likes to change his nicknames on the dialnice.info forum). So, it really would not be surprising to me if Qwert on Skyscrapercity = Dialničiar.

Also, if you want others to be polite and to improve their English, please start with yourself. I don't have the time to correct all your mistakes, but just in this your post you have at least two mistakes: "affraid" and "reply on posts".
However, since most people here are non-native speakers, there's no point in mentioning every single misspelling. So, if you don't understand something I say, feel free to ask me. But, posting a message just because OTHERS MIGHT NOT UNDERSTAND = posting bullshit.
DrX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2010, 10:29 PM   #1252
Qwert
Moderator
 
Qwert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,172
Likes (Received): 670

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyLopez View Post
Stay cool guys, why should you quarrel..
If you are comparing the Czech D1 in Vysočina region, it is logical that construction of this section was more expensive per km that Slovak D1 between Bratislava and Piešťany, because of the difficult terrain in Bohemian-Moravian Highlands, as had been already said, but not 4 times..
However I think that prices of the motorways were +- the same in both parts of the ex-federation.
General prices like let's say price for one square metre of asphalt were the same. I'm just saying division of funds for motorway construction between two parts of the federation wasn't 2:1 in favour of Czech Republic as it would be logic considering population, difference was bigger. I would say at least 3:1 maybe even 4:1. It was because in CZ majority of motorways was built in quite difficult terrain while in SK overwhelming majority in flat terrain. On the other hand, I don't say such division was totally wrong, traffic density in CZ was bigger and also Czech GDP was more than 2 times bigger, but it also wasn't fully equal.

Last edited by Qwert; February 4th, 2010 at 12:50 AM.
Qwert no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2010, 10:40 PM   #1253
zaq-
nobody
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,263
Likes (Received): 658

@gmbh and @DrX

I really try hard to find a single reason, why are you posting all your babbling and yaping about slovak motorways in this international thread. Do you really think forumers from other countries are so excited about your long neverending stories, which I even don't understand?

If you want to contribute to this thread, one single picture from you will make much more sence and it'll makes all forumers here much more happier, then all the nonsence which you have said until now.

For all your opinions and ideas we have a thread in our Slovakian section. Please, go and feel free to express yourself over there.
Thanx
__________________
just passing by
zaq- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2010, 10:50 PM   #1254
Qwert
Moderator
 
Qwert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,172
Likes (Received): 670

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrX View Post
Exactly like Dialničiar you respond to every single message, no matter whether you have anything to say or not. And, as shown by your message "ping-pong" with gmbh, identically to Dialničiar, you manage to keep responding over and over for hundreds of messages, even though you're just repeating yourself. That's why you end up having almost 7000 posts :-). Finally, Dialničiar is an employee of Granvia, one of companies that is profiteering from Fico's overpriced PPP constrution, and his opinions match yours exactly (and, he likes to change his nicknames on the dialnice.info forum). So, it really would not be surprising to me if Qwert on Skyscrapercity = Dialničiar.
Well, I would like to be employee of Granvia, but I'm not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrX View Post
Also, if you want others to be polite and to improve their English, please start with yourself. I don't have the time to correct all your mistakes, but just in this your post you have at least two mistakes: "affraid" and "reply on posts".
However, since most people here are non-native speakers, there's no point in mentioning every single misspelling. So, if you don't understand something I say, feel free to ask me. But, posting a message just because OTHERS MIGHT NOT UNDERSTAND = posting bullshit.
I think I'm quite polite. As I've said above my English isn't perfect, but gmbh's is quite bad and sometimes I simply don't understand. Your is much better then his but, you cannot expect people who aren't native Slovak speakers to understand what "tunel" means in Slovak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaq- View Post
@gmbh and @DrX

I really try hard to find a single reason, why are you posting all your babbling and yaping about slovak motorways in this international thread. Do you really think forumers from other countries are so excited about your long neverending stories, which I even don't understand?

If you want to contribute to this thread, one single picture from you will make much more sence and it'll makes all forumers here much more happier, then all the nonsence which you have said until now.

For all your opinions and ideas we have a thread in our Slovakian section. Please, go and feel free to express yourself over there.
Thanx
Qwert no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2010, 10:57 PM   #1255
TommyLopez
Registered User
 
TommyLopez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Prague
Posts: 68
Likes (Received): 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwert View Post
General prices like let's say price for one square metre of asphalt were the same. I'm just saying division of funds for motorway construction between two parts of the federation wasn't 2:1 in favour of Czech Republic as it would be logic considering population, difference was bigger. I would say at least 3:1 maybe even 4:1. It was because in CZ majority of motorways was built in quite difficult terrain while in SK overwhelming majority in flat terrain. On the other hand, I don't say such the division was totally wrong, traffic density in CZ was bigger and also Czech GDP was more than 2 times bigger, but it also wasn't fully equal.
I understand what you meant and I totally agree with you!
And as you already said, the fund division for motorway construction was quite logical I think.
TommyLopez no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2010, 11:48 PM   #1256
פובליק פיינט
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: TrueTorah City
Posts: 133
Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwert View Post
On the other hand, I don't say such the division was totally wrong, traffic density in CZ was bigger and also Czech GDP was more than 2 times bigger, but it also wasn't fully equal.
I've learned in CZ there is 399 cars per 1000 people while in SK 237 cars. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...les_per_capita
Considering CZ has higher population density, it's obvious it has higher traffic density too. I would guess two times denser traffic. So SK is still quite good with it's motorway network, probably better than CZ.
פובליק פיינט no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2010, 09:03 AM   #1257
gmbh
Registered User
 
gmbh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 944
Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Considering CZ has higher population density, it's obvious it has higher traffic density too. I would guess two times denser traffic. So SK is still quite good with it's motorway network, probably better than CZ.
but the most important is, how many inhabitans have motorway or expressway connection with capital city and western europe.

Quote:
What accessibility and what ways?
financial accessibility of motor and expressways after introduction of toll system under 3,5 t for transit & local traffic.

Quote:
Do you really think forumers from other countries are so excited about your long neverending stories, which I even don't understand?
and you are their spokesman, milanko ?
gmbh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2010, 04:24 PM   #1258
Gyro Da Riva
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 15
Likes (Received): 0

true car statistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by פובליק פיינט View Post
I've learned in CZ there is 399 cars per 1000 people while in SK 237 cars. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...les_per_capita
Considering CZ has higher population density, it's obvious it has higher traffic density too. I would guess two times denser traffic. So SK is still quite good with it's motorway network, probably better than CZ.
Actually, I found different numbers. According to Slovak assosiation of insurance companies (see http://www.skp.sk/?lng=eng&MODULE=7&SECTION=7), there were 2,024,000 cars insured in Slovakia in 2008. Compared to country population of 5,463,046 citizens it gives the ratio of 370 cars per 1000 citizens, which is comparable to Czech republic.
Gyro Da Riva no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2010, 09:14 PM   #1259
RawLee
Registered User
 
RawLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Budapest
Posts: 9,353
Likes (Received): 196

Hungarians buy and register a lot of cars in Slovakia for financial purposes (ahem,tax evasion).
RawLee está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2010, 10:10 PM   #1260
Marek.kvackaj
Registered User
 
Marek.kvackaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,458
Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaq- View Post
@gmbh and @DrX

I really try hard to find a single reason, why are you posting all your babbling and yaping about slovak motorways in this international thread. Do you really think forumers from other countries are so excited about your long neverending stories, which I even don't understand?

If you want to contribute to this thread, one single picture from you will make much more sence and it'll makes all forumers here much more happier, then all the nonsence which you have said until now.

For all your opinions and ideas we have a thread in our Slovakian section. Please, go and feel free to express yourself over there.
Thanx
well I have same feelings here
Marek.kvackaj no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
motorways

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like v3.2.5 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu