daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old February 27th, 2010, 03:43 PM   #1321
i15
..
 
i15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Košice, Slovakia
Posts: 2,930
Likes (Received): 609

oh please, international forumers are not interested in useless long posts about topics, that were discussed 1000 times in the past
i15 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 27th, 2010, 08:40 PM   #1322
PhirgataZFs1694
Registered User
 
PhirgataZFs1694's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sofia
Posts: 6,472
Likes (Received): 1560

Don't worry we had been having the same argument in the bulgarian section,again north vs. south,with the difference that more motorways are prioritized in the south(actually the EU is to blame to some extent,because it does not want to finance the main motorway in North Bulgaria).

IMO,firstly you and us should build a motorway where it is needed more(more industry and people,which is south for us and maybe north for you).
PhirgataZFs1694 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2010, 09:05 PM   #1323
RawLee
Registered User
 
RawLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Budapest
Posts: 9,447
Likes (Received): 1083

I find the topic interesting.
RawLee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2010, 07:29 PM   #1324
i15
..
 
i15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Košice, Slovakia
Posts: 2,930
Likes (Received): 609

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawLee View Post
I find the topic interesting.
Ok. Consider yourself warned Discussions like this are endless.

Personaly, I support D1 as most important motorway, because of traffic, population density and potential of regions. But southern expressways R1 and R2 are also important. In slovak conditions, there can't be only one "perfect" motorway, that will conect everything and solve all problems. Also, conections between regions is more important than conection between 2 biggest cities Bratislava and Kosice. I live in Kosice and I don't need to travel to Bratislava every week. Much more often I travel 100km or less.
i15 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2010, 12:40 AM   #1325
Qwert
Moderator
 
Qwert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,409
Likes (Received): 2533

Basically, D1 (Bratislava - Žilina - Košice) and R1 (Bratislava - Zvolen - Banská Bystrica) have the same importance. What DrX wants is construction of eastern part of R2 (Zvolen - Košice) instead of eastern part of D1 (Žilina - Košice).

Foreigners probably need a map to figure out:


While D1 a R1 lead through densely populated industrial regions, eastern R2 leads through much less populated region without big industry. In case of D1 there are also quite some tourist spots unlike R2.

However, the most important reason to build a motorway is traffic. This is 5 years old map of traffic density on national roads and expressways (motorways are excluded), note especially the purple sections which capacity was exceeded already in 2005:


As you can see while almost all roads parallel to future D1 and R1 are congested, in case of roads parallel to R2 congestion is much smaller, majority of them have even some spare capacity. In other words, we need entire D1 (Bratislava - Žilina - Košice) and R1 (Bratislava - Zvolen - Banská Bystrica) to be built ASAP, while in case of R2 (Zvolen - Košice) there are necessary only some sections plenty of them only 2x1.

Last edited by Qwert; March 1st, 2010 at 12:45 AM.
Qwert no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2010, 04:53 PM   #1326
gmbh
Registered User
 
gmbh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 944
Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
I live in Kosice and I don't need to travel to Bratislava every week. Much more often I travel 100km or less.
it´s no problem, eastern part of motorway ist almost complete, they should construct cca 40 km near levoca and presov. there will be complete motorway to hight tatras/ruzomberok, maybe presov will have quasibypass (2x2 lane road).

if you (or most of people in eastern countys) travel often 100 km or less, what is more important ?, road kosice - michalovce and tunnel soroska or tunnels near zilina and motorway zilina-cadca ?
gmbh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2010, 05:07 PM   #1327
gmbh
Registered User
 
gmbh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 944
Likes (Received): 3

Qwert, this map is good but has some mistakes, for example it looks that capacity of soroska wasn´t exceeded in 2005 ... but it´s bullshit...riding through this mountain (limitation 40 km/h) is worse like through roads with the highest traffic density. traffic is not the "most important reason to build a motorway", it´s only one of the reasons....for example average speed between Zilina and Ruzomberok is similar to between Zvolen-Lučenec.
gmbh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2010, 09:55 PM   #1328
Qwert
Moderator
 
Qwert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,409
Likes (Received): 2533

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmbh View Post
if you (or most of people in eastern countys) travel often 100 km or less, what is more important ?, road kosice - michalovce and tunnel soroska or tunnels near zilina and motorway zilina-cadca ?
This is brilliant logic, everybody can say: I'm from city X so I don't need motorway around city Y and so on. For example I don't need motorways anywhere eastern of Trenčín/Nitra, problem solved, let's focus on D4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmbh View Post
Qwert, this map is good but has some mistakes, for example it looks that capacity of soroska wasn´t exceeded in 2005 ... but it´s bullshit...riding through this mountain (limitation 40 km/h) is worse like through roads with the highest traffic density. traffic is not the "most important reason to build a motorway", it´s only one of the reasons....for example average speed between Zilina and Ruzomberok is similar to between Zvolen-Lučenec.
It's about capacity not about comfort. Anyway, tunnel which should bypass mountain pass Soroška is already in planning stage and funds are ensured. BTW, you are right, traffic is only one of many reasons, the most important one.
Qwert no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2010, 10:26 AM   #1329
gmbh
Registered User
 
gmbh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 944
Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
This is brilliant logic, everybody can say: I'm from city X so I don't need motorway around city Y and so on. For example I don't need motorways anywhere eastern of Trenčín/Nitra, problem solved, let's focus on D4
everybody has own priority...the only way to realize them is lobbing. in ZA or TN regions have none behalf to solve problems in nitra, b. bystrica and kosice region. the reacion is evoked by action...

Quote:
It's about capacity not about comfort.
comfort is something else. "capacity" is in slovak "výkonnost"...how many cars can arrive through road section per hour/day continuously. capacity of soroska mountain pass can be cca 5.000 cars/day or less. capacity was exceeded. traffic is the most important parameter in case wide roads without inclines, in case of bad quality roads it´s at least important parameter.

Last edited by gmbh; March 2nd, 2010 at 10:47 AM.
gmbh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2010, 06:48 PM   #1330
Qwert
Moderator
 
Qwert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,409
Likes (Received): 2533

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmbh View Post
everybody has own priority...the only way to realize them is lobbing. in ZA or TN regions have none behalf to solve problems in nitra, b. bystrica and kosice region. the reacion is evoked by action...
Fortunately regions don§t make decisions about motorway/expressway construction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmbh View Post
comfort is something else. "capacity" is in slovak "výkonnost"...how many cars can arrive through road section per hour/day continuously. capacity of soroska mountain pass can be cca 5.000 cars/day or less. capacity was exceeded. traffic is the most important parameter in case wide roads without inclines, in case of bad quality roads it´s at least important parameter.
That map is from 2005 so it's possible that capacity of mountains pass Soroška was already exceeded, that's probably also the reason why the tunnel there is already being prepared as well as other sections of R2 which bypass sections of I/50 with exceeded capacity. If everything goes well they could be finished sooner than D1. So what's your point?
Qwert no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2010, 08:44 PM   #1331
i15
..
 
i15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Košice, Slovakia
Posts: 2,930
Likes (Received): 609

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwert View Post
This is brilliant logic, everybody can say: I'm from city X so I don't need motorway around city Y and so on. For example I don't need motorways anywhere eastern of Trenčín/Nitra, problem solved, let's focus on D4.
I didn't tell that I need to travel my 100 km on 2+2 motorway. I just need comfort and safety. It's the same with people in other regions. When you put everybody's demands on map, you will have map similar to that one "Vykonnost cestnej siete an cestach 1.triedy".
i15 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2010, 09:21 PM   #1332
Qwert
Moderator
 
Qwert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,409
Likes (Received): 2533

Quote:
Originally Posted by i15 View Post
I didn't tell that I need to travel my 100 km on 2+2 motorway. I just need comfort and safety. It's the same with people in other regions. When you put everybody's demands on map, you will have map similar to that one "Vykonnost cestnej siete an cestach 1.triedy".
I understand and I agree with you.
Qwert no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2010, 09:34 AM   #1333
gmbh
Registered User
 
gmbh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 944
Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Fortunately regions don§t make decisions about motorway/expressway construction
unfortunately state makes wrong decisions about motorway/expressway construction.

Quote:
So what's your point?
I want to know the point of "exceeded capacity". if I´m in convoy with 70 km/o that is exceeded capacity because traffic density is high, but 40-50 km/o speed behind 2-3 trucks doesn´t mean exceeded capacity, because traffic density is low. very strange.
gmbh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2010, 12:31 PM   #1334
ChrisZwolle
Road user
 
ChrisZwolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zwolle
Posts: 43,572
Likes (Received): 19365

capacity exceeded can mean many things. In motorways, it usually means a saturated road with frequent congestion. However, on other roads it can also mean traffic is exceeding it's design capacity or desired volumes, which doesn't necessarily mean it's always congested.

For example, it's undesired to have 20,000 AADT marching across a town square.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2010, 06:50 PM   #1335
Qwert
Moderator
 
Qwert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,409
Likes (Received): 2533

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmbh View Post
unfortunately state makes wrong decisions about motorway/expressway construction.
Only because their decision is not to build motorways everywhere around your home-town it doesn't mean the decision is bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmbh View Post
I want to know the point of "exceeded capacity". if I´m in convoy with 70 km/o that is exceeded capacity because traffic density is high, but 40-50 km/o speed behind 2-3 trucks doesn´t mean exceeded capacity, because traffic density is low. very strange.
And I've said those bad sections are going to be bypassed by R2.

My point is it's useless to built expressway to bypass road like this (I/50 west of Košice) especially if the traffic there isn't really big:


But, sections like this (I/50 close to Rimavská Sobota) will be bypassed, although traffic there isn't higher than on the section above:

Last edited by Qwert; March 3rd, 2010 at 09:12 PM.
Qwert no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2010, 09:26 PM   #1336
Qwert
Moderator
 
Qwert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,409
Likes (Received): 2533

D1 Sverepec - Vrtižer

The Bridge is almost finished:

Scroll>>>>>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus 27 View Post
Považská Bystrica 2.3.2010
Qwert no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2010, 09:40 PM   #1337
RipleyLV
Registered User
 
RipleyLV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Jelgava
Posts: 4,635
Likes (Received): 2262

When this motorway section through Považská Bystrica will be opened?
RipleyLV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2010, 10:07 PM   #1338
Qwert
Moderator
 
Qwert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,409
Likes (Received): 2533

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipleyLV View Post
When this motorway section through Považská Bystrica will be opened?
Before the general elections. But, I don't know exact date.
Qwert no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2010, 11:34 PM   #1339
seem
Mornar bez mora
 
seem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Slovakia
Posts: 8,012
Likes (Received): 79

Junction Vrtižer - on sign is written that the motorway will be in use in may 2010 (24/3.5?)

__________________
Slovakia-One photo a day

Zauvik si tu, u mojim mislima i grudima..
seem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2010, 10:01 AM   #1340
gmbh
Registered User
 
gmbh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 944
Likes (Received): 3

Qwert, this is not a correct answer, it´s a "half answer". road near kosice is OK, but similar road is zilina - cadca.
gmbh no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
motorways

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium