daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 14th, 2010, 11:25 PM   #1361
DrX

Likes (Received): 0

A couple of updates about EU funding of the Slovak highways. First a good news:
EC approved financing for the R1 Žarnovica - Šášovské Podhradie express way. This section is almost done, at the cost of 7mil EUR/km (1mil EUR/km for the Slovak tax payer - compare that to the cost of PPP2 project on the same highway which will be tens to hundred times more expensive...).

Now the bad news:
The National Highways company (NDS) stopped the tenders for two highway sections for which the EU funding has been recently approved. First, the tender for the construction supervision of the R4 Kosice - Milhost has been cancelled. This should be a minor issue, not causing a big delay.

What's more interesting, and more suspicious of governmental corruption, is that the tender for the D3 highway near Zilina has been canceled because the lowest offer (by Skanska) was too low, according to the NDS. As with the tender for the highway toll system, it is likely that the real reason for the cancellation is that the ministry+NDS wants the Slovak companies with direct connections to the current government to win the tenders I'm curious what the EU will say about this. My prediction: as happened several times before, the government-preferred companies will win. Then the EC will refuse to refinance the project and its overpriced cost will all be paid by the Slovak taxpayer.

And, finally, one related good news for Eastern Slovakia. The EC just approved 110mil EUR for the development of regional rail system around Kosice. This is not so much about highways, but it points again to the importance of the EU regional policy. If this was in the competence of the Slovak government, we would by now hear 10000 reasons for why the money would be by now diverted to somewhere between Bratislava and Zilina...
DrX no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 14th, 2010, 11:27 PM   #1362
PhirgataZFs1694

Likes (Received): 1560

Excuse me,if it has been discussed,but I am really curious where will D1 pass in the area of Považská Bystrica,because the city is like a dam wall in its way. Maybe through it on viaducts as on the pictures above or north from it?
PhirgataZFs1694 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2010, 11:56 PM   #1363
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19366

A long bridge is currently under construction above the city of Považská Bystrica.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2010, 02:17 AM   #1364
Qwert

Likes (Received): 2533

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrX View Post
A couple of updates about EU funding of the Slovak highways. First a good news:
EC approved financing for the R1 Žarnovica - Šášovské Podhradie express way. This section is almost done, at the cost of 7mil EUR/km (1mil EUR/km for the Slovak tax payer - compare that to the cost of PPP2 project on the same highway which will be tens to hundred times more expensive...).

Now the bad news:
The National Highways company (NDS) stopped the tenders for two highway sections for which the EU funding has been recently approved. First, the tender for the construction supervision of the R4 Kosice - Milhost has been cancelled. This should be a minor issue, not causing a big delay.

What's more interesting, and more suspicious of governmental corruption, is that the tender for the D3 highway near Zilina has been canceled because the lowest offer (by Skanska) was too low, according to the NDS. As with the tender for the highway toll system, it is likely that the real reason for the cancellation is that the ministry+NDS wants the Slovak companies with direct connections to the current government to win the tenders I'm curious what the EU will say about this. My prediction: as happened several times before, the government-preferred companies will win. Then the EC will refuse to refinance the project and its overpriced cost will all be paid by the Slovak taxpayer.

And, finally, one related good news for Eastern Slovakia. The EC just approved 110mil EUR for the development of regional rail system around Kosice. This is not so much about highways, but it points again to the importance of the EU regional policy. If this was in the competence of the Slovak government, we would by now hear 10000 reasons for why the money would be by now diverted to somewhere between Bratislava and Zilina...
I know this question is gonna piss you off, but you really think there's anybody interested in every single tender?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhirgataZFs1694 View Post
Excuse me,if it has been discussed,but I am really curious where will D1 pass in the area of Považská Bystrica,because the city is like a dam wall in its way. Maybe through it on viaducts as on the pictures above or north from it?
There were several variants. In the end the green one (V2a) was chosen: http://povazska-bystrica.otvorene.sk...iew_fullscreen
Qwert no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2010, 03:13 AM   #1365
Marek.kvackaj

Likes (Received): 15

I am thinking that its pretty nice piece of information so Im interested
Marek.kvackaj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2010, 09:10 AM   #1366
i15

Likes (Received): 609

I think DrX's post is useful (except the last sentence)
i15 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2010, 09:11 PM   #1367
RipleyLV

Likes (Received): 2262

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwert View Post
Before the general elections. But, I don't know exact date.
Opening is somewhere in May, a poster before the city says so.
RipleyLV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2010, 10:51 PM   #1368
seem
Mornar bez mora

Likes (Received): 79

I heard it will be at 23/4 of May. Who knows.

Zauvik si tu, u mojim mislima i grudima..
seem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2010, 11:54 PM   #1369
Qwert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek.kvackaj View Post
I am thinking that its pretty nice piece of information so Im interested
Quote:
Originally Posted by i15 View Post
I think DrX's post is useful (except the last sentence)
First information about EC approval for an R1 section is useless. I mean, who cares, that section is already almost finished anyway. Second information about cancelled construction supervision tender is useless too. Is DrX going to flood this thread with information about all those hundreds of tenders somehow connected with motorways which are going on or which will be perhaps cancelled? Information about cancelled D3 tender is the only one which may be at least slightly interesting. Information about regional railways in Košice is totally offtopic, he mentioned it only because he wanted to repeat his biased thoughts again and again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipleyLV View Post
Opening is somewhere in May, a poster before the city says so.
Seem already said so too:
Quote:
Originally Posted by seem View Post
Junction Vrtižer - on sign is written that the motorway will be in use in may 2010 (24/3.5?)

Old March 16th, 2010, 02:30 AM   #1370
DrX

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
First information about EC approval for an R1 section is useless. I mean, who cares, that section is already almost finished anyway. Second information about cancelled construction supervision tender is useless too. Is DrX going to flood this thread with information about all those hundreds of tenders somehow connected with motorways which are going on or which will be perhaps cancelled? Information about cancelled D3 tender is the only one which may be at least slightly interesting. Information about regional railways in Košice is totally offtopic, he mentioned it only because he wanted to repeat his biased thoughts again and again.
Stop embarrassing yourself. You're the one biased here - everybody can see it. It's entertaining that, in agreement with the Slovak national party's patriot act (in which the government is prescribing to its people that they have to love their country), you want to prescribe to people what they ARE AND ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE INTERESTED IN! (Marek & i15, thanks for responding to the demagogue).

And you are the one who spams the thread with useless information, responding to every single posting even if you have nothing to add (like right now, following on seem's post). So, calm down.
DrX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2010, 07:57 PM   #1371
Qwert

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrX View Post
Stop embarrassing yourself. You're the one biased here - everybody can see it. It's entertaining that, in agreement with the Slovak national party's patriot act (in which the government is prescribing to its people that they have to love their country), you want to prescribe to people what they ARE AND ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE INTERESTED IN! (Marek & i15, thanks for responding to the demagogue).

And you are the one who spams the thread with useless information, responding to every single posting even if you have nothing to add (like right now, following on seem's post). So, calm down.
I knew it would piss you off.

Chris, delete this crap, please. But, don't delete DrX's valuable post (#1345) in sake of preserving the last remnants of his mental health.
Old March 16th, 2010, 11:38 PM   #1372
hraby

Likes (Received): 1795

Highway D1 Kosice - Presov:

Highway D1 Presov west - Svinia:

Highway D1 - Tunnel Branisko (ahead of the tunnel and behind of the tunnel):

Highway D1 Studenec - Beharovce:

Highway D1 Mengusovce, tunnel Borik and Vazec:

hraby no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2010, 12:56 AM   #1373
Qwert

Nice photos. Were they taken from a bus?

Does somebody know what's the purpose of these lights?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hraby View Post
Old March 17th, 2010, 01:02 AM   #1374
seem
Mornar bez mora

Maybe because of freezing of road surface in winter. Isn`t it?

If I am sure, I have seen these lights also near Sverepec.

btw, I realy don`t like this "new" green colour on our roads

Last edited by seem; March 17th, 2010 at 01:15 AM.
Old March 17th, 2010, 01:57 AM   #1375
hraby

Likes (Received): 1795

Quote:
Nice photos. Were they taken from a bus?
yes, student agency, seats behind to windshield

Quote:
Does somebody know what's the purpose of these lights?
those double orange lights front of bridges are fliking only when outside is freezing. i've seen those lights in winter time several times.

Last edited by hraby; March 17th, 2010 at 02:05 AM.
hraby no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2010, 09:43 AM   #1376
seem
Mornar bez mora

Quote:
Originally Posted by hraby View Post
those double orange lights front of bridges are fliking only when outside is freezing. i've seen those lights in winter time several times.
Generaly, there must be also this sign before these dangerous parts of motorway.

http://www.hakom.sk/images/A_09.gif

Btw, I`ve seen this (lights plus sign) also near Oravský Podzámok on R3.

Old March 17th, 2010, 06:53 PM   #1377
seem
Mornar bez mora

Awesome! Motorway D1 in Považská Bystrica with junction called "Centrum".

http://www.fotogaleria.sandor.sk/gig...u_februar.html

Old March 17th, 2010, 08:12 PM   #1378
H123Laci
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
On the other hand section west of Poprad which is already in operation isn't visible yet, but you can plan route there:

they did it with the M0 eastern sector of budapest too...
H123Laci no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2010, 08:18 PM   #1379
H123Laci
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
A long bridge is currently under construction above the city of Považská Bystrica.

I think its not exactly "above the city" but on the dividing line between the city and the industrial area...
H123Laci no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2010, 09:00 PM   #1380
seem
Mornar bez mora

In fact. Yes it is.

Of course it is not exactly above the houses and other buildings.

another awesome photo- http://www.fotogaleria.sandor.sk/gig..._D1_vecer.html

and some new photos - 17.3. 2010

http://www.dialnice.info/viewtopic.p...1133&start=775

Last edited by seem; March 17th, 2010 at 09:07 PM.

Tags
motorways