daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 12th, 2010, 01:05 PM   #1461
Qwert

Likes (Received): 2533

I/66 Northern Bypass fo Banská Bystrica

I love such photos:

Quote:
Originally Posted by prechlapslar View Post
severný obchvat BB:

fotené 11.05.2010
Qwert no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 12th, 2010, 01:36 PM   #1462
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19366

I have a question about D1/R4 in the Prešov area.

If I understand correctly from the Slovak wikipedia, D1 will be multiplexed with R4 between Prešov and Košice. Does this mean the Prešov-bypass will be constructed as R4 and not as D1? And when will this bypass be constructed?

Will the existing older part of D1 between both cities primarily be designated as R4 in the near future until D1 will be constructed east of Košice?
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2010, 01:51 PM   #1463
gmbh

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Does this mean the Prešov-bypass will be constructed as R4 and not as D1?
no, D1 is western bypass and R4 is northern bypass.

Quote:
Will the existing older part of D1 between both cities primarily be designated as R4
and why ? older part of D1 is a serious motorway not expressway.
gmbh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2010, 02:07 PM   #1464
ChrisZwolle
Road user

According to this map:

R4 will run from the Hungarian border to the Polish border, including the existing D1 section between Košice and Prešov.

But when will the D1 Prešov bypass be constructed?
Old May 12th, 2010, 02:35 PM   #1465
SureThing_II

Likes (Received): 154

Well.. looks like that R4/eastern D1 will have common part..
at least according to this map http://www.ndsas.sk/mapa/12389s @ NDS -National Motorway Company... both northern and southern bypass of Presov are listed there as in preparation.. but I'm sure Qwert knows more accurate answer

EDIT: southern bypass will be D1 and northern R4
SureThing_II está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2010, 02:49 PM   #1466
caicoo

Likes (Received): 75

Brussel approved PPP project for Slovakia (some parts included in NATURA 2000 have to wait, to remake a project with less damage)
caicoo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2010, 03:19 PM   #1467
mapman:cz
Ministerský rada

Likes (Received): 202

There are also rumours about planned renumbering of expressways in Slovakia, so that there won't be any concurence with other expressways or motorways.

Nowadays, R4 has two planned parts, northern and southern

Northern part begins at D1 Prešov-west, bypasses the city from north and leads towards Svidník and Rzeszów.

Southern part begins at interchange with R2 south of Košice and leads to the south towards Miskolc.

To drive between those two parts you'll have to use D1 Prešov – Košice and then R2 Košice SE bypass.

Last edited by mapman:cz; May 12th, 2010 at 03:55 PM.
mapman:cz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2010, 03:35 PM   #1468
gmbh

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
But when will the D1 Prešov bypass be constructed?
God knows, both are pretty expensive...cca 250 mil. €. state haven´t money and project list for eurofunds is not definitive.

people from Presov region say that more important is R4 bypass, because more problematic is stream vranov-poprad. U/C is 4lane road "nabrezna" which is solution for stream poprad-kosice.

http://www.dialnice.info/gallery/ima...&image_id=3689

black - complete
green and red should be complete in this year
blue is in preparing

Last edited by gmbh; May 12th, 2010 at 03:41 PM.
gmbh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2010, 06:07 PM   #1469
Qwert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapman:cz View Post
There are also rumours about planned renumbering of expressways in Slovakia, so that there won't be any concurence with other expressways or motorways.

Nowadays, R4 has two planned parts, northern and southern

Northern part begins at D1 Prešov-west, bypasses the city from north and leads towards Svidník and Rzeszów.

Southern part begins at interchange with R2 south of Košice and leads to the south towards Miskolc.

To drive between those two parts you'll have to use D1 Prešov – Košice and then R2 Košice SE bypass.
I think this is quite clear explanation. Simply, D1 will remain as it is. Wiki is wrong.

BTW, this is possible new numbering system of Slovak motorway and expressway network as posted by user expwy from dialnice.info. Some map would be better, but I don't have enough time.
Quote:
Motorways:

D1 Northern Motorway: Bratislava – Trnava – Trenčín – Žilina – Prešov – Košice – Ukrainian border
D2 Záhorie Motorway: Czech border - Kúty – Malacky – Bratislava - Hungarian border
D3 Kysue Motorway: Žilina – Kysucké Nové Mesto – Čadca– Skalité, štátna hranica SR/Poľsko
D4 Bratislava Motorway Ring: Austrian border - Jarovce – Rovinka – Ivanka pri Dunaji – tunnel Karpaty – Stupava – Austrian border

Expressways:

R1 Southern Expressway: Trnava – Sereď – Nitra – Žarnovica – Žiar nad Hronom – Zvolen – Lučenec – Rimavská Sobota – Rožňava – Košice (D1)
R2 Horná Nitra Expressway: Trenčín – Bánovce n/B – Prievidza – Žiar nad Hronom
R3 Turiec Expressway: Martin – Žiar nad Hronom
R4 Hont Expressway: Hungarian border - Šahy – Krupina - Zvolen
R5 Nízke Tatry Expressway: Zvolen – Banská Bystrica – Ružomberok
R6 Orava Expressway: Kraľovany/Ružomberok – Dolný Kubín – Trstená - Polish border
R7 Danube-Ipeľ Expressway: Bratislava – Dunajská Streda – Nové Zámky – Šahy – Veľký Krtíš – Lučenec
R8 Topoľčany Expressway: Nitra – Topoľčany – Bánovce n/B
R9 Zlín Expressway: Czech border - Lysá pod Makytou – Púchov
R10 Silesian Expressway: Czech border - Svrčinovec – D3
R11 Košice Expressway: Hungarian border - Milhosť – Košice
R12 Šariš Expressway: Prešov – Giraltovce – Svidník – Vyšný Komárnik - Polish border

R21 Nitra Northern Artery: Lehota (R1) – Nitra - Selenec (R1)
R22 Zvolen Southern Artery: Budča (R1) – Zvolen - Zvolenská Slatina (R1)
R23 Košice South-Eastern Artery: Budimír – Košice – Šaca
So R4 may easily become R11 and R12.
Old May 12th, 2010, 06:42 PM   #1470
seem
Mornar bez mora

Likes (Received): 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwert View Post
I think this is quite clear explanation. Simply, D1 will remain as it is. Wiki is wrong.

BTW, this is possible new numbering system of Slovak motorway and expressway network as posted by user expwy from dialnice.info. Some map would be better, but I don't have enough time.

So R4 may easily become R11 and R12.
That new numbering would be really better.

Do you know if it is possible for next years?
seem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2010, 06:52 PM   #1471
mapman:cz
Ministerský rada

Likes (Received): 202

Explanation of the propsal in slovak here: http://www.dialnice.info/viewtopic.php?p=102914#p102914 - it's been made by National Motorway Company (NDS a. s.)
Old May 12th, 2010, 07:09 PM   #1472
ChrisZwolle
Road user

peáží = concurrency? (Google translate doesn't know this word)
Old May 12th, 2010, 08:12 PM   #1473
Tramfreak
ΔE = hv

Yes, like when more routes share the same highway, e.g. in the case of R4 / D1 between Prešov and Košice.

I think that the proposal is very logical, and I see an opportunity to number highways shared by the Czech Republic and Slovakia with the same number. Slovak D2 is Czech D2, so Slovak R9 could also continue as R9 in Czech Republic. In CZ, this future highway is now called R49 and no other R9 is planned. Only the Slovak R10 should be changed into R11 because it continues as I/11 in CZ.
Old May 12th, 2010, 11:49 PM   #1474
Qwert

Quote:
Originally Posted by seem View Post

It's possible and I hope it will be introduced. Right now it's the best time to do that because almost all signs have to be replaced due to the new Road Law anyway. It's much better than the current system which is messy. Now plenty of motorways and expressways share the same route. For example between Žiar nad Hronom and Zvolen there is a common section of R1, R2 and R3.

But, I would be able to imagine even better numbering scheme. For example D4 should be IMO renamed to D0. Some new expressways could be motorways. But that would require also revision of the Slovak Technical Norm (STN) which concerns road standards.

And R3 should be rerouted. It's pretty much stupid to build it as it's planned now. It should be something like D1 - Martin - Turčianske Teplice - (tunnel Sklené) - Handlová - R2. It's useless to have 3 parallel expressways so close to each other - R2, R3 and R5. Not to mention we cannot afford them.

Last edited by Qwert; May 12th, 2010 at 11:56 PM.
Old May 13th, 2010, 12:24 AM   #1475
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Quote:
It's possible and I hope it will be introduced. Right now it's the best time to do that because almost all signs have to be replaced due to the new Road Law anyway
Tell us more
Old May 13th, 2010, 12:26 AM   #1476
seem
Mornar bez mora

Likes (Received): 79

Quote:
It's possible and I hope it will be introduced. Right now it's the best time to do that because almost all signs have to be replaced due to the new Road Law anyway. It's much better than the current system which is messy. Now plenty of motorways and expressways share the same route. For example between Žiar nad Hronom and Zvolen there is a common section of R1, R2 and R3.

But, I would be able to imagine even better numbering scheme. For example D4 should be IMO renamed to D0. Some new expressways could be motorways. But that would require also revision of the Slovak Technical Norm (STN) which concerns road standards.

And R3 should be rerouted. It's pretty much stupid to build it as it's planned now. It should be something like D1 - Martin - Turčianske Teplice - (tunnel Sklené) - Handlová - R2. It's useless to have 3 parallel expressways so close to each other - R2, R3 and R5. Not to mention we cannot afford them.
It`s a pity that R1 is not motorway. It supposed to be D22,5? As I know it wasn`t approved.

even better if R1 and R2 will be motorway, but R1 is now under construction and it going to be expressway, so ..

and R2 is already projected as a expressway, so I hope there will be some change in law with standarts. That`s only hope.

In fact, there is no so big difference between motorway and expressway. In fact, as it is in a norm, expressway is a kind of a motorway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Tell us more
You`d like to know more about new ugly signs or more about it?

Last edited by seem; May 13th, 2010 at 12:34 AM.
seem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2010, 07:38 AM   #1477
veteran
www.fotokosice.eu

Likes (Received): 572

Quote:
Originally Posted by seem View Post

I suppose that it is posible after building of two West-East routes between BA and KE. D1 and todays R1+R2. So it is so far away.
Old May 13th, 2010, 03:32 PM   #1478
Qwert

Quote:
Originally Posted by veteran View Post
I suppose that it is posible after building of two West-East routes between BA and KE. D1 and todays R1+R2. So it is so far away.
It's not necessary to build all motorways and expressways if we just want to introduce new numbering scheme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Tell us more
As was already mentioned in this thread in the beginning of this year new Road Law was passed which besides other things introduced some new signs and changed plenty of current ones. As a result of it all destination and distance signs on motorways and expressways and plenty of such signs on other roads have to replaced. For now there are new signs mostly on new or reconstructed sections, but in upcoming years (I think until 2012) all signs which don't meet the criteria by the new law have to be changed.
Old May 13th, 2010, 04:27 PM   #1479
Qwert

Quote:
Motorways:

D1 Northern Motorway: Bratislava – Trnava – Trenčín – Žilina – Prešov – Košice – Ukrainian border
D2 Záhorie Motorway: Czech border - Kúty – Malacky – Bratislava - Hungarian border
D3 Kysue Motorway: Žilina – Kysucké Nové Mesto – Čadca– Skalité, štátna hranica SR/Poľsko
D4 Bratislava Motorway Ring: Austrian border - Jarovce – Rovinka – Ivanka pri Dunaji – tunnel Karpaty – Stupava – Austrian border

Expressways:

R1 Southern Expressway: Trnava – Sereď – Nitra – Žarnovica – Žiar nad Hronom – Zvolen – Lučenec – Rimavská Sobota – Rožňava – Košice (D1)
R2 Horná Nitra Expressway: Trenčín – Bánovce n/B – Prievidza – Žiar nad Hronom
R3 Turiec Expressway: Martin – Žiar nad Hronom
R4 Hont Expressway: Hungarian border - Šahy – Krupina - Zvolen
R5 Nízke Tatry Expressway: Zvolen – Banská Bystrica – Ružomberok
R6 Orava Expressway: Kraľovany/Ružomberok – Dolný Kubín – Trstená - Polish border
R7 Danube-Ipeľ Expressway: Bratislava – Dunajská Streda – Nové Zámky – Šahy – Veľký Krtíš – Lučenec
R8 Topoľčany Expressway: Nitra – Topoľčany – Bánovce n/B
R9 Zlín Expressway: Czech border - Lysá pod Makytou – Púchov
R10 Silesian Expressway: Czech border - Svrčinovec – D3
R11 Košice Expressway: Hungarian border - Milhosť – Košice
R12 Šariš Expressway: Prešov – Giraltovce – Svidník – Vyšný Komárnik - Polish border

R21 Nitra Northern Artery: Lehota (R1) – Nitra - Selenec (R1)
R22 Zvolen Southern Artery: Budča (R1) – Zvolen - Zvolenská Slatina (R1)
R23 Košice South-Eastern Artery: Budimír – Košice – Šaca
OK, so here is map. R23 is probably Košice inner ring (current I/50 and I/68) which is not at the map. Maybe I will add it later.

Last edited by Qwert; May 17th, 2010 at 12:59 AM. Reason: Map replaced, R23 added.
Old May 14th, 2010, 02:24 PM   #1480
veteran
www.fotokosice.eu

Likes (Received): 572

Quote:
For now there are new signs mostly on new or reconstructed sections, but in upcoming years (I think until 2012) all signs which don't meet the criteria by the new law have to be changed.
Yse, "old signs" should be changed till June 2012. But what about newly-changed signs after renumbering of expressways?

BTW: We should think about renumbering of our 1st-, 2nd- and of course 3rd-class-roads too.

Tags
motorways