daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old June 13th, 2010, 01:45 PM   #1601
x-type
con los terroristas
 
x-type's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bjelovar [HR]
Posts: 13,465
Likes (Received): 3437

very nice motorway. but one think which i hate is the way how they've done 3rd lane at ascent: why have they added fast lane, instead of slow one?! unlogic. and i have noticed that in more contries. in HR they used to do it too, but they have changed all those things which i find unlogical.

btw, can somebody tell me which song is in background of the video?
__________________
Svaki dan sanjam autobahn...
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 13th, 2010, 01:59 PM   #1602
Tramfreak
ΔE = hv
 
Tramfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Eindhoven, NL
Posts: 893

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
very nice motorway. but one think which i hate is the way how they've done 3rd lane at ascent: why have they added fast lane, instead of slow one?! unlogic. and i have noticed that in more contries. in HR they used to do it too, but they have changed all those things which i find unlogical.

btw, can somebody tell me which song is in background of the video?
Yeah, it's "Born To Be Wasted" by 009 Sound System. It's an audioswap song, that means that you can use it for your youtube video without violating copyrights
__________________
Czechia, The Netherlands & Belgium. My new photography website.
Tramfreak no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2010, 02:45 PM   #1603
x-type
con los terroristas
 
x-type's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bjelovar [HR]
Posts: 13,465
Likes (Received): 3437

thx a lot
__________________
Svaki dan sanjam autobahn...
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2010, 03:04 PM   #1604
i15
..
 
i15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Košice, Slovakia
Posts: 2,934
Likes (Received): 612

After a short sleep and hot election night, I took a short road trip during this beautiful sunday morning Pictres from section D1 Presov - Svinia:
















i15 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2010, 03:19 PM   #1605
i15
..
 
i15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Košice, Slovakia
Posts: 2,934
Likes (Received): 612

Section D1 Jablonov-Studenec-Beharovce (between Levoca and Presov) is partially in half-profile:























i15 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2010, 06:13 PM   #1606
rarse
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 188
Likes (Received): 1

Thank you for the pictures.

Beautiful motorway. Beautiful nature. Beautiful Slovakia.
rarse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2010, 06:32 PM   #1607
KapZlock
Registered User
 
KapZlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Solothurn and Bratislava
Posts: 124
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
very nice motorway. but one think which i hate is the way how they've done 3rd lane at ascent: why have they added fast lane, instead of slow one?! unlogic. and i have noticed that in more contries. in HR they used to do it too, but they have changed all those things which i find unlogical.

btw, can somebody tell me which song is in background of the video?
I think it's better to add a fast lane, because many people stay on the middle lane when there is a slow lane at the right.
KapZlock no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2010, 07:27 PM   #1608
x-type
con los terroristas
 
x-type's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bjelovar [HR]
Posts: 13,465
Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by KapZlock View Post
I think it's better to add a fast lane, because many people stay on the middle lane when there is a slow lane at the right.
i dissagree. you are right about staying in middle lane, but since this was not classic 3+3 motorway, this is not wrong. just slow vehicles should move to right lane (and from experience i know they do it). and now the situation is that everybody has to change a lane except slow vehicles
__________________
Svaki dan sanjam autobahn...
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2010, 08:35 PM   #1609
Sponsor
Registered User
 
Sponsor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Poznań
Posts: 8,583

When second carriageway is to be done?

btw odpočivadlo sounds funny in polish
Sponsor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2010, 10:43 PM   #1610
Blaskovitz
Registered User
 
Blaskovitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Natchnienie Infrastruktury
Posts: 464
Likes (Received): 319

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sponsor View Post
When second carriageway is to be done?

btw odpočivadlo sounds funny in polish

Like Odpoczywadło in Old-Polish (Staropolski).
Blaskovitz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2010, 11:44 PM   #1611
KapZlock
Registered User
 
KapZlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Solothurn and Bratislava
Posts: 124
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
i dissagree. you are right about staying in middle lane, but since this was not classic 3+3 motorway, this is not wrong. just slow vehicles should move to right lane (and from experience i know they do it). and now the situation is that everybody has to change a lane except slow vehicles
Ok maybe you're right about the fact, that everybody has to change a lane now. But i made the experience in switzerland (i live there) that some drivers will never drive on the right lane, not even in a traffic jam.

EDIT: So maybe it isn't the best solution, but for slovakia it's already a wonder that they haven't forget a 3rd lane
KapZlock no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2010, 07:42 PM   #1612
i15
..
 
i15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Košice, Slovakia
Posts: 2,934
Likes (Received): 612

I think this solution (with extra lane in the middle) is better. 3 normal lanes have higher capacity, than 2 normal lanes plus 1 slow lane. No passenger car would use slow lane and not every truck uses slow lane, so this lane is always more empty, than right lane on 3 lane motorway would be...
i15 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2010, 10:49 PM   #1613
DrX
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Košice
Posts: 861
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
So today is the big day for Slovakia.... Any idea what the outcome of the elections might do to highway construction?
The elections results are AMAZING. In the following map the red color represents the districts where the old ruling parties won, the blue color represents the regions where the new coalition parties won:


I hope everybody can see the north-vs-south split and cities (Bratislava & Kosice; but also other regional capitals) vs. rural areas (+Zilina) split (note that Trencin should really be also red - the only reason why they're not is that their favorite totalitarian Meciar's HZDS did not make it to the parliament and so its votes aren't reflected in the map). I hope it's clear that the supporters of the old parties are concentrated in the regions into which the old government directed all the infrastructure funding (mainly D1 BA-ZA and D3 construction near Zilina, but also Trencin and Presov in the north; partially also the region between Nitra and Banska Bystrica along R1).

So, I expect the new government to change the priorities dramatically. The first steps are likely to be:
1. stopping the overpriced PPP projects 1 (Martin-Presov) and 3 (tunnel near Zilina), as well as the ex-prime-minister's private R8 to his home town, and the marginal D3 from Zilina to the north (which has low importance for Slovakia, and has no equivalent on the Polish side: they build a small expressway, clearly inferior to their highway A1 to Ostrava and 4-lane expressway to Cesky Tesin, while we plan to build our "third most important highway" D3 Zilina-PL border)
2. starting the R4 section Kosice-Hungarian border for which everything's ready and which has been delayed mainly because the only things the old government cared about was opening the viaduct in Povazska Bystrica and other highway sections in their northern strongholds. This should be followed by an expedited preparation of R2 Kosice-Zvolen-Trenčín, as well as D1 Kosice-Michalovce and R7 (near Bratislava as well as Dunajska Streda - Nove zamky)
3. reorganization of the former PPP1 a PPP3 projects to be funded from the EU and the state budget.

Overall, the main priority of the new government is to be efficient. So, I expect that they will maximize the utilization of EU funds for highway construction. And that means, among other things, that 33% of the funding will have to go to Eastern Slovakia which means that all the highway network could be finished here in the next 5-10 years (not like up to now when 0 km of highways has been finished in the Kosice region since Slovakia was established in 1993). So, a lot of good news for a more balanced development of the country.

A bit of wishful thinking here :-) . So, let us see....

Last edited by DrX; June 15th, 2010 at 12:02 AM.
DrX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2010, 10:51 PM   #1614
JuanPaulo
Guayaquil Vive Por Ti!
 
JuanPaulo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Honolulu, Hawai'i
Posts: 20,880
Likes (Received): 32135

Beautiful motorway and scenery!!!
JuanPaulo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2010, 11:29 PM   #1615
seem
Mornar bez mora
 
seem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Slovakia
Posts: 8,012
Likes (Received): 79

i15, thank you for your really nice pics.

btw, I hate that pink colour in Spiš. Spiš gay pride.
seem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2010, 02:05 AM   #1616
czerwony_bo_szybszy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Zabrze (PL)
Posts: 226
Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrX View Post
as well as the ex-prime-minister's private R8 to his home town
pan Fico pochadza z Topol`can alebo Prievidze?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrX View Post
and the marginal D3 from Zilina to the north (which has low importance for Slovakia, and has no equivalent on the Polish side: they build a small expressway, clearly inferior to their highway A1 to Ostrava and 4-lane expressway to Cesky Tesin, while we plan to build our "third most important highway" D3 Zilina-PL border)
IMO more polish drivers will use D3 than our S69 beacuse the connection through Tesin is not bad, for me for example the best way to get to Blava or Hungary is through Tesin, ZA and so on,
(I wonder if it`ll be faster for me to get to Wien through polish I/78, Ostrava, Brno etc. or by D3-D1-D4 in Slovakia...)
nevertheless you`re right that`s not as important for Slovakia as some expressways
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrX View Post
That means, among other things, that 33% of the funding will have to go to Eastern Slovakia which means that all the highway network could be finished here in the next 5-10 years (not like up to now when 0 km of highways has been finished in the Kosice region since Slovakia was established in 1993).
.
construction of D1 between LM, PP and PO seems even more important for Kosice region than some projects nearby KE (R4, D1 to Michalovce), but if it`s ready to built, they should do it
czerwony_bo_szybszy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2010, 03:23 PM   #1617
slash89
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Košice, Bratislava
Posts: 112
Likes (Received): 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by czerwony_bo_szybszy View Post
pan Fico pochadza z Topol`can alebo Prievidze?
Fico is from Topoľčany



Quote:
Originally Posted by czerwony_bo_szybszy View Post
construction of D1 between LM, PP and PO seems even more important for Kosice region than some projects nearby KE (R4, D1 to Michalovce), but if it`s ready to built, they should do it
I agree that for Kosice region D1 LM - PP is far more important than D1 towards Ukraine. For Kosice city itself, however, D1 bypass Budimir - Bidovce and further south R4 would be realy helpful.
slash89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2010, 08:16 PM   #1618
i15
..
 
i15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Košice, Slovakia
Posts: 2,934
Likes (Received): 612

Quote:
Originally Posted by seem View Post
i15, thank you for your really nice pics.

btw, I hate that pink colour in Spiš. Spiš gay pride.
actually, it's some kind of red (burgundy?), similar to colour used on old sections around Branisko tunnel
i15 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2010, 09:13 PM   #1619
czerwony_bo_szybszy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Zabrze (PL)
Posts: 226
Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by slash89 View Post
I agree that for Kosice region D1 LM - PP is far more important than D1 towards Ukraine. For Kosice city itself, however, D1 bypass Budimir - Bidovce and further south R4 would be realy helpful.
if Hungarians start construction of M30 Miskolc-border as well, connection with R4 may be an alternative even for KE-BA route, however more expensive
and also an option for going from Poland to Romania, via Miskolc and Debrecen
czerwony_bo_szybszy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2010, 09:26 PM   #1620
seem
Mornar bez mora
 
seem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Slovakia
Posts: 8,012
Likes (Received): 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by i15 View Post
actually, it's some kind of red (burgundy?), similar to colour used on old sections around Branisko tunnel
This colour on photos looks like pink.

btw, that`s colour of SSúD near Branisko?
seem no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
motorways

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium