daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 17th, 2010, 08:30 AM   #1701
veteran
www.fotokosice.eu

Likes (Received): 572

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwert View Post
BTW, R1 won't be dead end, if the numbering system is changed. R1 won't end in Banská Bystrica, it will end near Košice. The expressway passing Nízke Tatry will be called R5.
But it is just plan Who knows whether the when (or if?) new numbers will be. Maybe after fusion NDS and SSC.

Sponsored Links
Old August 17th, 2010, 04:45 PM   #1702
Qwert

Likes (Received): 2533

Quote:
Originally Posted by veteran View Post
But it is just plan Who knows whether the when (or if?) new numbers will be. Maybe after fusion NDS and SSC.
Sure, I know. I really hope it will be introduced as now it can be done without serious impact on the budget.

BTW, I would change D4 to D0 in that numbering proposal.
Qwert no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2010, 04:49 PM   #1703
DrX

Likes (Received): 0

I don't think that's even an official plan. The map Qwert posted is just wishful thinking of some people who want to normalize the numbering system.

BTW, a couple of news about the intentions of the Jan Figel, the transportation minister, from a press conference as he was announcing the start of the construction of R4 Kosice-Milhost:
1. They are planning to start the construction of D1 section Budimir-Bidovce (northeast bypass of Kosice) by spring 2012.
2. R2 Zvolen-Lucenec-Rimavska Sobota-Kosice is one of high-priority highway sections and will be constructed by combination of EU and Slovak budget funds
3. The decision about how to continue the construction of D1 Martin-Presov (PPP vs. EU/SK funding) will be made in the fall.
4. He also promised the southern bypass of Kosice (R2 Saca-Sebastovce-Olsany) but refused to give any dates (estimates are 2014-2017).
DrX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2010, 08:45 PM   #1704
Qwert

R1 Southern Bypass of Nitra

Source: http://www.nitralive.sk/vystavba/inf...usta-2010.html

Old August 18th, 2010, 08:52 PM   #1705
rarse

Likes (Received): 1

Great photos. Thank you.
rarse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2010, 06:25 PM   #1706
hraby

Likes (Received): 1795

to Qwert: - good job!
hraby no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2010, 06:56 PM   #1707
Qwert

Thank you guys, I just want to emphasize I'm not the author of the photos. Source: http://www.nitralive.sk/vystavba/inf...usta-2010.html
Old August 19th, 2010, 09:30 PM   #1708
seem
Mornar bez mora

Likes (Received): 79

Nice photos.

so now we have under construction 60 km of R1 plus other R roads which means about 100 km at all (?)

Zauvik si tu, u mojim mislima i grudima..
seem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2010, 10:07 PM   #1709
veteran
www.fotokosice.eu

Likes (Received): 572

Quote:
Originally Posted by seem View Post
Nice photos.

so now we have under construction 60 km of R1 plus other R roads which means about 100 km at all (?)
R1 Nitra-Hronský Beňadik (PPP): 45,866 km + feeder Nitra-Chrenová 2,065 km
R1 Žarnovica-Šášovské Podhradie (partly opened): 8,472 km
R1 Banská Bystrica bypass (PPP): 5,300 km
R3 Trstená bypass (partly opened): 7,200 km
R3 Horná Štubňa bypass: 4,321 km
R4 Košice-Milhosť: 14,190 km
R4 Svidník bypass: 4,573 km

So total it is: 89,922 km + 2,065 Nitra feeder (which will not be a part of R1).
Old September 3rd, 2010, 11:49 AM   #1710
gmbh

Likes (Received): 3

Deadline for securing PPP finances for D1 motorway has expired, the project ended before it could start. good news is, we will not pay 9,1 bil. €/30 years for 75 km motorway. Deadline for PPP3 is end of the next month.

government wants to use eurofunds (wit st. budged cofinancing), maybe another - smaller PPP projects. the plans for next year are to start 2 important sections of D1 and one section R2

- hubova-ivachnova (bypass of ruzomberok)
- janovce-jablonov (bypass of levoca)
- bypass of ziar nad hronom

in 2012 they plan to start another sections of D1, sections R2, 1 section D3. preparation of expressway R7 (new variant for connection to city roads of bratislava) and D4 (so-called big bypass of capital) will continue. construction will start (maybe) in 2014.

http://www.accommodation-slovakia.co...-28-55066.html
gmbh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2010, 11:27 PM   #1711
seem
Mornar bez mora

some pics of D1 in Považská Bystrica by http://msite.zoznam.sk/se/597

Old September 8th, 2010, 03:40 PM   #1712
Qwert

2011 vignette prices

Price for 1 year vignette in Slovakia is going to be increased in 2011 by 37 % from current 36.50 € to 50 €. This measure should bring aditional 14 million € to the national budget. Prices for 1 month (9.90 €) and 1 week (4.90 €) vignettes will probably remain intact next year.

Article in Slovak: http://ekonomika.etrend.sk/ekonomika...na-50-eur.html
Old September 8th, 2010, 07:14 PM   #1713
seem
Mornar bez mora

We can build another km of motorway! Great!

btw, Považská Bystrica again -

Old September 8th, 2010, 07:23 PM   #1714
toonczyk
autostradożerca

Talking about the future: what is the current status of the missing sections of D3?
Old September 8th, 2010, 08:33 PM   #1715
Qwert

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonczyk View Post
Talking about the future: what is the current status of the missing sections of D3?
Here is list of the sections of D3 which shows in which state of preparation particular sections are.

• Žilina, Strážov - Žilina, Brodno is prepared, but competition for construction company was cancelled and it's not sure if there will be new competition soon, because this section (north-western bypass of Žilina) is useless.
  • Another section Svrčinovec - Skalité (close to the PL border) is also prepared, but authorities have not yet decided if other sections won't be built instead, because this one is very expensive.
  • Section Žilina, Brodno - Kysucké Nové Mesto north of Žilina was supposed to be already U/C, but apparently there's a delay, but there is good chance its construction may start next year.
  • Minister of transportation also said that construction of section Čadca, Bukov - Svrčinovec (bypass of Čadca) will start in 2012.
  • The rest is rather uncertain.
Old September 8th, 2010, 09:11 PM   #1716
toonczyk
autostradożerca

Quote:
Here is list of the sections of D3 which shows in which state of preparation particular sections are.
Thanks for that. How will the section marked as U/C near the border (half profile as I understand) be connected to the existing infrastructure? The page says, that "križovatka" is not under construction, is this the interchange with the existing road number 12?
Quote:
Žilina, Strážov - Žilina, Brodno is prepared, but competition for construction company was cancelled and it's not sure if there will be new competition soon, because this section (north-western bypass of Žilina) is useless.
How is it useless? I thought it was meant as a big junction of D1 and D3 as well as city's bypass, seems reasonable to me
Quote:
Another section Svrčinovec - Skalité (close to the PL border) is also prepared, but authorities have not yet decided if other sections won't be built instead, because this one is very expensive.
I think the terrain there is what it is, can't see how one could build a cheap road connecting our countries, unfortunately.
Old September 8th, 2010, 09:15 PM   #1717
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19366

Quote:
Originally Posted by seem View Post
We can build another km of motorway! Great!
Exactly. I never understood the vignettes, they are a general annoyance for the occasional visitor, yet don't bring in any significant revenue. Even € 100 million is nothing compared to the national budget. It would be way better and practical to increase the fuel tax by 1 or 2 cents.

I mean, how many cars does Slovakia has? Maybe 3 million? Multiply that by € 50, and you'll see the revenue is only € 150 million. A nice amount of money, but just enough to construct 10 - 12 kilometers of new motorway per year.

I do agree with a truck toll, since their wear and tear on the roads is many times worse than a passenger car. I've read a 2 tonne vehicle generates the same kind of wear as 16 1 tonne vehicles. Not to mention the axle load of passenger vehicles is generally not much more than 0.8 tonnes, while it can be as much as 8 - 11 tonnes for trucks. However, Europe need to come up with a single EU tolling system, not a separate one for every single country. Currently, there are maybe as much as 10 different toll systems in Europe for trucks.

(vignettes, eurovignettes, toll barriers, schwerverkehrsabgabe, LKW-maut, premid, emyto, Karty opłat drogowych, GO-box, etc)
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2010, 09:19 PM   #1718
i15

Likes (Received): 609

New government needs to save money and build more important motorway D1, but IMO they will start to build at least 1 section of D3 until next elections, probably Cadca-Svrcinovec (CZ border). EU funds were planned to use on D3, but now they are being moved on sections thet were part of cancelled PPP package: Ruzomberok bypass and Levoca bypass (Hubova-Ivachnova and Janovce-Jablonov).
i15 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2010, 12:29 AM   #1719
Qwert

Quote:
Thanks for that. How will the section marked as U/C near the border (half profile as I understand) be connected to the existing infrastructure? The page says, that "križovatka" is not under construction, is this the interchange with the existing road number 12?
The section near border is called Skalité - PL border. It's divided into to parts. First very short right at the border is already in use (it's basically border-crossing with couple of meters of adjacent motorway which is connected toe the old road - I/12). Second one is U/C and it will be U/C until next section Svrčinovec - Skalité will be completed, because due to the local terrain conditions it's impossible to connect it to the I/12 for reasonable price. For now it literally ends in the middle of the field.

The "križovatka" mentioned at the page is not interchange which will connect the second part of the section Skalité - PL border to I/12. It will be interchange which will ensure better and permanent connection of the first (already temporarily connected) part. It's a bit confusing, I know.

Quote:
How is it useless? I thought it was meant as a big junction of D1 and D3 as well as city's bypass, seems reasonable to me
2x2 road starts couple of km before Žilina and then it continues at 2x2 Žilina inner ring and then at 2x2 road I/18 which is connected to already built section of D3. In other words, there is paralel 2x2 road to this section. Žilina needs southern bypass, northwestern is not that needed.

Quote:
I think the terrain there is what it is, can't see how one could build a cheap road connecting our countries, unfortunately.
It's not possible to build this connection cheaper, but there is road also via Czech Republic which isn't any longer, that's why there is discussion whether we should build this section or rather other sections of D3. Svrčinovec - Skalité is 12.3 km long and it costs 476 million €.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i15 View Post
New government needs to save money and build more important motorway D1, but IMO they will start to build at least 1 section of D3 until next elections, probably Cadca-Svrcinovec (CZ border). EU funds were planned to use on D3, but now they are being moved on sections thet were part of cancelled PPP package: Ruzomberok bypass and Levoca bypass (Hubova-Ivachnova and Janovce-Jablonov).
Well, Čadca Bukov - Svrčinovec is more or less sure. IMO they will think about construction of at least one more section. This government promised to improve connection with Poland and there will be additional about 1 billion € for motorways (of course majority will go to D1).
Old September 11th, 2010, 01:58 AM   #1720
Highwaycrazy

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Price for 1 year vignette in Slovakia is going to be increased in 2011 by 37 % from current 36.50 € to 50 €. This measure should bring aditional 14 million € to the national budget. Prices for 1 month (9.90 €) and 1 week (4.90 €) vignettes will probably remain intact next year.

Article in Slovak: http://ekonomika.etrend.sk/ekonomika...na-50-eur.html
Is that the toll? The tolls should be reasonably priced because that encourages more people to use the Highway. Increasing the toll charge only deters motorists from using them (in my experience).
Highwaycrazy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorways