daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 19th, 2010, 12:04 AM   #1821
Bonnani
The Don

Likes (Received): 2

Thanks for the fantastic construction update. Great find
Bonnani no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 19th, 2010, 08:31 PM   #1822
seem
Mornar bez mora

Likes (Received): 79

Just 3 hours ago there was a homeless walking to the tunnel Sitina (in Bratislava) on a motorway D2. Emergency services than found him lying near a hard shoulder.

also with short video - http://tvnoviny.sk/spravy/regiony/te...zi-autami.html

Zauvik si tu, u mojim mislima i grudima..
seem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2010, 02:56 AM   #1823
Fargo Wolf
Resident Smartass.

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by seem View Post
Just 3 hours ago there was a homeless walking to the tunnel Sitina (in Bratislava) on a motorway D2. Emergency services than found him lying near a hard shoulder.

also with short video - http://tvnoviny.sk/spravy/regiony/te...zi-autami.html

Probably thoroughly drunk and/or high...
Fargo Wolf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2010, 02:41 PM   #1824
seem
Mornar bez mora

del please, map was wrong I posted new one

Last edited by seem; October 27th, 2010 at 11:56 PM.
Old October 26th, 2010, 10:48 PM   #1825
seem
Mornar bez mora

R3 - half profile by-pass of Horná Štubňa (Turiec region, 36 km from Martin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.B.MOGAJ View Post
Spustenie obchvatu Hornej Stubne je na spadnutie. Celkom rad by som si ho najprv presiel peso....len,ci to bude mozne..?

Last edited by seem; October 27th, 2010 at 12:02 AM.
Old October 26th, 2010, 10:57 PM   #1826
Surel

Likes (Received): 2154

What is the reason for having two vertical expressways R3 and R2 when from Turcianske Teplice or Prievidza to the south could lead only one of them, if there were a connection between these two places?
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2010, 11:18 PM   #1827
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by seem View Post
R1 - half profile by-pass of Horná Štubňa (Turiec region, 36 km from Martin)
That seems to be the R3, not the R1. Anyway, thanks for the photos.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2010, 12:01 AM   #1828
seem
Mornar bez mora

Yeah, of course. Thank you mate.

I am glad to share these pics

Old October 27th, 2010, 02:58 PM   #1829
KDE

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surel View Post
What is the reason for having two vertical expressways R3 and R2 when from Turcianske Teplice or Prievidza to the south could lead only one of them, if there were a connection between these two places?
That map is outdated. R2 and R3 around Turcianske Teplice or Prievidza won't be built.
KDE no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2010, 04:44 PM   #1830
mcarling

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDE View Post
That map is outdated. R2 and R3 around Turcianske Teplice or Prievidza won't be built.
So, will the E77 between Banska Bystrica and Ruzomberok be upgraded to a motorway instead?
Old October 27th, 2010, 08:45 PM   #1831
KDE

R1 should be built between Banska Bystrica and Ruzomberok in 2016.
It is possible that R3 and R2 will be built in unknown time in far future but R3 will probably join R2 in Handlova.
Old October 27th, 2010, 09:28 PM   #1832
i15

Likes (Received): 609

so the section of R3 between this Horna Stubna bypass and Sasovske Podhradie won't be build and tunnel between Horna Stubna and Prievidza will be build instead. Current plans for expressways in central Slovakia are something like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by veteran View Post
a čo takto? (po kliknutí bude väčšia)
(mám rozpracovanú aj mapku s kompletnou sieťou D/RC/I/II, tak snáď v niektorej z budúcich päťročníc ju dokončím )
plus, another expresway (R9) is considered it the eastern Slovakia, from Presov towards east (Humenne, Snina)
i15 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2010, 09:56 PM   #1833
KDE

This is plan of former government. It isn't valid since June 2010. Current government doesn't have plans for many parts of expressways. It is likely that many parts won't be built if government won't change.

Last edited by KDE; October 27th, 2010 at 10:11 PM.
Old October 27th, 2010, 11:56 PM   #1834
seem
Mornar bez mora

Slovak motorway and expressway network - 27.10.2010

blue stands for PPP project no. 3, we will see this month..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by seem; October 28th, 2010 at 12:07 AM.
Old October 28th, 2010, 12:04 AM   #1835
mcarling

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDE View Post
This is plan of former government. It isn't valid since June 2010. Current government doesn't have plans for many parts of expressways. It is likely that many parts won't be built if government won't change.
Do you have a map showing the highway plans of the current government? I suppose that the proposed north/south highway in the east connecting Poland and Hungary (through Prevov and Kosice?) would be a priority in order to get EU funds.
Old October 28th, 2010, 03:59 PM   #1836
Qwert

Likes (Received): 2533

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
Do you have a map showing the highway plans of the current government? I suppose that the proposed north/south highway in the east connecting Poland and Hungary (through Prevov and Kosice?) would be a priority in order to get EU funds.
It's not like new government totally redrew map of planned motorways and expressways. All they did was adding R9 (basically Prešov - Humenné - Ukraine) to the plans but its construction won't start at least for 10-15 years and that's it. Governments rather tend to modify the priorities or financing, not general routing.

R3

R3 is not really a priority. There is one completed 2x1 strech and two are U/C. Both will be completed this year. It's more about bypasses of particular towns than construction of continuous expressway. The government wants to build more bypasses in northern part of the expressway (region Orava) and eventually connect them into continuous 2x1 expressway, but it will take years.

In case of R3 to routing preferred by the previous government is still valid. So the norther part will be connected to D1 neither in Ružomberok nor in Kraľovany, but between them in near Švošov. (You may need a map.) Central part will be connected neither to R1 in Banská Bystrica nor to R1 near Žiar nad Hronom, but to R2 east of Prievidza near town Handlová. So veteran's map is correct.

R1 and D1

The previous government also introduced a plan to built R1 (E77) from Banská Bystrica to Ružomberok. Current minister of transportation talked about this expressway as about an alternative connection of the western and eastern part of the country in case the construction of D1 was slow due to insufficient funds. It would replace current D1 Bratislava - Trnava - Trenčín - Žilina - Ružomberok - Prešov - Košice with combination of D1 and R1 Bratislava - Trnava - Nitra - Banská Bystrica - Ružomberok - Prešov - Košice.

But, today PPP concessionaire led by Hochtief announced 30% discount for project PPP 3 (30 km long southern bypass of Žilina - D1) so it's more or less sure this project will be successful. Project PPP 1 which contained the rest of inbuilt sections of D1 (75 km) was cancelled and those section will be built using state budget and funds of the EU. The preparation works already took place there and full construction of the first sections will start this Spring.

In other words connection of the western and eastern part of the country will be D1 Bratislava - Trnava - Trenčín - Žilina - Ružomberok - Prešov - Košice and thus construction of R1 (E77) Banská Bystrica - Ružomberok is not priority anymore. It OTOH doesn't mean this expressway won't be built, but mentioned 2016 is more likely the date when the construction will start than the date when it would be completed. Construction of R1 also doesn't mean R3 won't be built. The northern part between PL border and D1 and the southern between R1 and H border must be built anyway and the central part would be quite important national connection so it should be built even if E77 transit used R1.

Sorry for long reply.
Qwert no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2010, 05:50 PM   #1837
KDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
Plans of current government are changing every month. It is still uncertain what and when will be built. They didn't confirm plans of former gov. for e.g. R2, R3 and R8 except some bypasses.
Some parts of R4 between Poland and Hungary are U/C. It is already decided that other parts will be built.
Old October 30th, 2010, 10:56 AM   #1838
seem
Mornar bez mora

What new government wants to build in next year?

New government already started construction of R4 near Hungary. In next year they want to start construction of 90,44 km motorways on nearly all missing sections of D1 and half profile of expressway R2 as a by-pass of Žiar nad Hronom. It means there will be about 150 km under construction next year if these articles etc. are not just lies..

Last edited by seem; October 30th, 2010 at 11:08 AM.
Old October 30th, 2010, 12:28 PM   #1839
i15

Likes (Received): 609

7,2 km long Trstena bypass on expresway R3 (near Polish border) was opened yesterday

article in Slovak language: http://orava.sme.sk/c/5617029/obchva...prejazdny.html
i15 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2010, 12:52 PM   #1840
Blaskovitz

Likes (Received): 319

any photos ?

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

Silesia Superior
Blaskovitz no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags