daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 26th, 2009, 02:12 AM   #2041
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ban.BL View Post
It is strange that you don“t understand. We were talking about Jadranska magistrala
No, you are talking about Jadranska magistrala, I'm talking about the Adriatic-Ionian road. Read the initial post again:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markowice10 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podgoricanin View Post
That's because GoogleMaps are plain wrong...for now. Fortunately, there are people to treat this, so in the future, GoogleMaps will read something like this...

...when Google Map Maker data is transfered to GoogleMaps. Thus, the only MNE/ALB border crossing south of Skadar Lake is this seen here - the Sukobin / Murićani one.
This is good road from Italy to Greece: via Slovenia, Croatia (by highway), Montenegro (narrow roads) and Albania (locally emotions).
More quickly, than by ferry to Igoumenitsa (GR).
I traveled and checked!
Markowice10 was talking about this "local" road between Ulcinj and Shkodėr, which Podgoricanin had been talking about before. It's good that the border crossing Sukobin was even opened, but I definitely think Montenegro should widen this important road, which allows you to avoid Podgorica. It's normal on the Albanian side (except for that narrow wooden bridge), and you don't wanna be worse than Albania, do you?
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 26th, 2009, 02:57 AM   #2042
Ban.BL
BANNED

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
No, you are talking about Jadranska magistrala, I'm talking about the Adriatic-Ionian road. Read the initial post again:Markowice10 was talking about this "local" road between Ulcinj and Shkodėr, which Podgoricanin had been talking about before. It's good that the border crossing Sukobin was even opened, but I definitely think Montenegro should widen this important road, which allows you to avoid Podgorica. It's normal on the Albanian side (except for that narrow wooden bridge), and you don't wanna be worse than Albania, do you?
Adriatic-Ionian road doesn't exist as such it is just future plan and hopefully project.

He said as general conclusion for MNE narrow roads, what is not the case. Sukobin crossing has no importance for MNE.
Ban.BL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2009, 03:12 AM   #2043
SADOSI

Likes (Received):

Quote:
It's normal on the Albanian side (except for that narrow wooden bridge), and you don't wanna be worse than Albania, do you?

Your cutting straight into his bone mate.
Old October 26th, 2009, 03:25 AM   #2044
Ban.BL
BANNED

Better infrastructure than Albania, it is not imperative.
Old October 26th, 2009, 11:54 AM   #2045
Verso
Islander

Quote:
Adriatic-Ionian road doesn't exist as such it is just future plan and hopefully project.
LOL! Of course it does. Or you're telling me you can't get from Trieste to Kalamata on road along the Adriatic and Ionian seas? Ok, let's call it "Trieste-Kalamata road"; better?

Quote:
Sukobin crossing has no importance for MNE.
Come on. It may not be that important to Montenegro (although I think it's very important to the Albanian minority), but it's certainly more important to it than the Trieste-Rijeka road is to Slovenia (which has a normal width).
Old October 26th, 2009, 12:31 PM   #2046
Ban.BL
BANNED

Quote:
LOL! Of course it does. Or you're telling me you can't get from Trieste to Kalamata on road along the Adriatic and Ionian seas? Ok, let's call it "Trieste-Kalamata road"; better?

Come on. It may not be that important to Montenegro (although I think it's very important to the Albanian minority), but it's certainly more important to it than the Trieste-Rijeka road is to Slovenia (which has a normal width).
When you give a name to the road it is like it exist as such, but it doesn“t you just pick the name and called that road as you wish, you could have named it Pineapple road.

Trieste-Rijeka is road built during Yugoslavia time as a highway. There are like dozen reasons why this road can“t even be compared with the one to Sukobin. And you know that but you are just being pain in the arse.
Again:
Road to Sukobin was a village road to just another remote village on the border and in YU time Albania and Yugoslavia weren“t on friendly bases, so you know what i am talking about. For now MNE has much more important project than to build highway to Sukobin that no one uses.
Old October 26th, 2009, 12:55 PM   #2047
Verso
Islander

Whatever. Albania has been "open" for two decades, so I think it's high time to widen that short road, if Montenegro can build a big-ass motorway to Serbia.
Old October 26th, 2009, 02:01 PM   #2048
Ban.BL
BANNED

Quote:
Whatever. Albania has been "open" for two decades, so I think it's high time to widen that short road, if Montenegro can build a big-ass motorway to Serbia.
You slept over crisis and the war?
The crossing has never meant to be there it has been opened 7 years ago. You are building motorway connection to Zagreb for 30 years and Croatia has always been opened.
Comparing motorway to Serbia with some shitty local road is just stupid.
Old October 26th, 2009, 02:27 PM   #2049
Verso
Islander

Quote:
You are building motorway connection to Zagreb for 30 years and Croatia has always been opened.
Comparing a two-lane expressway (or motorroad, if you wish) with that narrow road just makes you look stupid. If you wanna continue, do it in the Montenegrin thread, I'm finished here.
Old October 26th, 2009, 02:35 PM   #2050
Ban.BL
BANNED

Quote:
Comparing a two-lane expressway (or motorroad, if you wish) with that narrow road just makes you look stupid. If you wanna continue, do it in the Montenegrin thread, I'm finished here.
Comparing connection between two capitals west and east, international corridor with connection between Albanian and MNE village make you look even more stupid.
Old October 27th, 2009, 12:25 AM   #2051
Markowice10

Likes (Received): 69

Quote:
Comparing connection between two capitals west and east, international corridor with connection between Albanian and MNE village make you look even more stupid.
The road from Ulcinj to Shkodėr is the bad quality, narrow and serpentine.
But is this short section.

The route from northern Italy to western Greece, by Slovenia, Croatia, Montenegro, Albania is quicker than by ferry from northern Italy to Greece.

Last edited by Markowice10; October 27th, 2009 at 12:39 AM.
Markowice10 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2009, 06:37 PM   #2052
babareebu serb

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Border crossing "Sukobin/Murican"(MNE/ALB) is new and modern,but for Montenegro most important is future highway Belgrade-Bar as connection from south part of Italy,also Albania and East and Central Europe(connection to Romania,Hungary and Russia.Of course border with Serbia is not classic border,it is container police control for speed documents checking.
babareebu serb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2009, 06:47 PM   #2053
babareebu serb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markowice10 View Post
The road from Ulcinj to Shkodėr is the bad quality, narrow and serpentine.
But is this short section.

The route from northern Italy to western Greece, by Slovenia, Croatia, Montenegro, Albania is quicker than by ferry from northern Italy to Greece.
Yes that route will be excellent when it'll be finished as highway through all Croatia,Montenegro and Albania..also in Greece they need to work a lot.In the meantime it is now good driving only till Split(and not cheap).Kosovo Albanians also wish soon end of that project because they can't more driving over Serbia with Kosovo passports(only with Serbian or foreign).
Old October 27th, 2009, 06:49 PM   #2054
Ban.BL
BANNED

Or trough Bosnia, so they have to go by ferry or boat.
Old October 27th, 2009, 06:56 PM   #2055
babareebu serb

Quote:
From Neum,Bosnia??There no ferry,and it is very difficult to drive from Mostar to Neum over big mountains,only local road in bad condition,not for trucks or buses as I know!also Croatia will have a problem because on some places is very narrow(3-4 km)near Dubrovnik(and what is plain over BIH,in Neum?)..Interesting to see..
Old October 27th, 2009, 08:31 PM   #2056
SADOSI

Likes (Received):

Quote:
They can just take the Pelješac Bridge in the near future
Old October 27th, 2009, 09:13 PM   #2057
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19366

Special transports waiting at the Dutch-German border. (A1/A30)

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2009, 10:23 PM   #2058
Markowice10

Likes (Received): 69

I recommend the interesting thread about polish border crossings (in the polish language... but with interesting pictures):
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=192637
Markowice10 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2009, 10:27 PM   #2059
Ilgar

Likes (Received): 65

Georgia-Azerbaijan border crossing
image hosted on flickr
Ilgar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2009, 10:46 PM   #2060
HS
I am the passenger

Likes (Received): 4858

Polish-Czech border crossing in Cieszyn, Silesia

Polish side - we're leaving old town

River Olza - the border

And we're in Czech Republic! Boards are bi-language because of big Polish (or Silesian, as you like) minority in Czech's part of Silesia

Cieszyn is silesian city with over 1,000 years of history (some says Cieszyn was an important market city between Slavians and the Romans) which is now bordered because of difficult history and ethniticy of Silesia. After I World War western countries decided to divide Silesia between Germany, Poland and Czechoslovakia. On Prussian part of Upper Silesia there was a plebiscite and three uprisings but at the Austrian part of Upper Silesia (called Cieszyn's Silesia) there did a border "as they like" and Cieszyn became two towns - Cieszyn and Czech's Cieszyn. In 1938 Poland started some type of the war with Czechoslovakia (which was earlier demolished by Third Reich) and addict Czech's part of Upper Silesia. It wasn't a good idea because one year later Hitler started the war and after II WW in Jalta and Potsdam the winners decided to keep Polish-Czech border as it was before the war.
HS no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways