daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 7th, 2010, 12:41 AM   #2861
eucitizen

Likes (Received): 20

Sure, these dutch rules apply only on company cars with dutch license, so a Spaniard driving a company car with Italian license in the Netherlands, doesn´t abide to the dutch rules.

Anyway these dutch rules are similar to Italian ones so on national level there are such restrictions. But I heard of some case where the Austrian police fined Slovak or Czech company cars due to the fact they were category N1, but they had the grid removed which is illegal. In fact in Czech rep. and Slovakia was normal to remove the grid from the N1 because the custom controls on such cars were really minimal. Now the things are changing.

Last edited by eucitizen; March 7th, 2010 at 12:50 AM.
eucitizen no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 7th, 2010, 12:46 AM   #2862
bogdymol
bogdymod

Ok, using the company car may be seen as income in natura (in kind) which is taxable. But what if the boss says that this income is worth of 100 Euro, the tax is [random number]... let's say 1%, then they will tax 1 Euro? But what if the boss says it's worth of 1 Euro?
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2010, 12:47 AM   #2863
domtoren

Likes (Received): 1211

Quote:
Originally Posted by eucitizen View Post
the Netherlands abide to the Schengen common visa policy, so every citizen of a country non listed in the Schengen white list needs a visa to enter any Schengen country.
In principle yes, but in Belgium some asylum seerkers get a temporary permit valid ONLY in Belgium until their claim is assessed and if found OK they get a definitive permit which is valid for travel in all Schengen states. In some special cases countries can give a special visa ONLY valid for that country and NOT for Schengen.
Laws are general but there are always exceptions for special cases, countries can have a reason (humanitarian, family, medical, some national interest) for permitting entry to a person on the Schengen black list but then limit travel freedom to that one country and not the whole Schengen area.
I have translated in court for such cases, for people from Angola.
domtoren no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2010, 12:54 AM   #2864
eucitizen

Yes I know that countries have also their national visa, especially work visa. EU is trying to have a common asylum policy and proposed a blue card for the non-EU workers valid in the whole EU not only in the country which issued it, but it has still many restrictions and it is not yet a reality. It takes time, but EU is a unique project, no other union or free trade area are so integrated as the EU.
Old March 7th, 2010, 12:55 AM   #2865
domtoren

Likes (Received): 1211

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
Ok, using the company car may be seen as income in natura (in kind) which is taxable. But what if the boss says that this income is worth of 100 Euro, the tax is [random number]... let's say 1%, then they will tax 1 Euro? But what if the boss says it's worth of 1 Euro?
Holland has a rule that a certain percentage of the catalog (list price) of the car has to be added to the income. That list price is known and the proportion also, so such arguments are impossible.
If the car has a list price of 10000 euros and the proportion is 25% then 2500 euros are added to the annual income and that is taxed with the applicable rate (33.5, 42 or 52%).
domtoren no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2010, 01:27 AM   #2866
ABRob

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by domtoren View Post
http://i683.photobucket.com/albums/vv192/remador/P3060002.jpg
http://i683.photobucket.com/albums/v...r/P3060009.jpg

Kerkrade, on the border with Germany: the frontier was closed and families were cut, Kerkrade and Herzogenrath are in fact one city (and coal mining community until recently) but this fence cut it in two and families were separated.
The Niewstraat/Neustraße today (Germany is on the right):
Notice the mixed use of the German and Dutch streetsigns:

This house here is standing direct on the border:

Mixed use of streetsigns in a german sidestreet:

2 other borders near Aachen:
Aachen-Horbarch - Kerkrade (here):
From the German side:

From the Dutch side:

Old Dutch sign:

And Bocholtz - Aachen-Richterich (here) - looks like a nice smuggler-route for coffee-shop-products
From the Dutch side:

From the German side:
ABRob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2010, 01:35 AM   #2867
_Sha_
Earthling

Likes (Received): 14

TURKEY - BULGARIA BORDER
Turkey connects with Bulgaria by "Kapıkule" border gate;

Let's start from Bulgarian side;

And there are when passing from Turkey side to Bulgaria side;

photos by panoramio
Old March 7th, 2010, 01:57 AM   #2868
eucitizen

Does Bulgaria has on her borders the sign with the 12 stars and Bulgaria written on it?
Old March 7th, 2010, 02:20 AM   #2869
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Likes (Received): 464

just love that mixed border between Netherlands and Germany. Feels like Europe is and should be.
hofburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2010, 09:43 AM   #2870
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Does Bulgaria has on her borders the sign with the 12 stars and Bulgaria written on it?
I don't think it does. For example I never saw that 12 star sign with 'Romania' written at any Romanian - Hungarian border. I think that sign is for Schengen countries only.
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2010, 10:32 AM   #2871
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by hofburg View Post
just love that mixed border between Netherlands and Germany. Feels like Europe is and should be.
This was exactly my thought. It's a fantastic feeling to think you can walk with your girlfriend/boyfriend and to enter in a shop in one country and then eat a cake and drink a soda just across the street, in another country, without any border control or any guy in uniform to bother you.
Europe came a long way, and the way it looks now is like a miracle for me.
Chapeau, Monsieur Schuman !
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2010, 01:10 PM   #2872
eucitizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
I don't think it does. For example I never saw that 12 star sign with 'Romania' written at any Romanian - Hungarian border. I think that sign is for Schengen countries only.
No worng, it si for all EU countries, Slovenia, Slovakia, Czech rep, Hungary and so on, put that sign as soon as they joined EU in 2004. It depends if Romania and Bulgaria put that sign in their law, as it isn´t compulsory, I think.
Old March 7th, 2010, 01:47 PM   #2873
_Sha_
Earthling

Quote:
No worng, it si for all EU countries, Slovenia, Slovakia, Czech rep, Hungary and so on, put that sign as soon as they joined EU in 2004. It depends if Romania and Bulgaria put that sign in their law, as it isn´t compulsory, I think.
And maybe it can be only placed between the borders of EU member states.
As TR is not member, there's no that type of sign between the borders of BG and TR.
Old March 7th, 2010, 01:49 PM   #2874
eucitizen

No that sign is put on all borders of the member countries. if you go from Serbia, Croatia, Ukraine to Hungary you will see that kind of sign. Slovenia has for example that sign with the EU written on it on the borders with Croatia.
Old March 7th, 2010, 01:58 PM   #2875
_Sha_
Earthling

interesting, anyway your post; "It depends if Romania and Bulgaria put that sign in their law, as it isn´t compulsory, I think" is more logical then
btw there's a EU flag with Bulgaria on border. Also do all EU members put EU flag with the national flag at borders (except the sign)?
Old March 7th, 2010, 02:07 PM   #2876
eucitizen

Yes I think so, even Uk has EU flags. But you can find the EU flags also with the antional flags on townhalls, schools, ministeries in all EU.
Old March 7th, 2010, 02:13 PM   #2877
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

Slovenia had only blue sign with EU written when they joined. when they entered Schengen, they have changed it into blue sign with Republika Slovenija written.
Old March 7th, 2010, 02:28 PM   #2878
_Sha_
Earthling

hmmm then it can be written in the state's official language. English is not compulsory.

@ eucitizen,
Yes I've seen in Italy and Greece. but especially in Croatia and Bosnia Herzegovina very much, here we have also some EU with TR flag in front of buildings but not government.
Old March 7th, 2010, 02:44 PM   #2879
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

of course English is not compulsory. actually, i think that each country uses its language to indicate that sign (difference is that some write full official name like Republika Slovenija or Magyar Köztársaság, while some use short form like Italia or España)
Old March 7th, 2010, 09:42 PM   #2880
Manchester Planner
Chief Bureaucrat

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Yes I think so, even Uk has EU flags. But you can find the EU flags also with the antional flags on townhalls, schools, ministeries in all EU.
What UK border are you thinking of?? There's only two borders: one is in the Channel Tunnel and the other is on Ireland, where the border isn't marked properly (if at all in most places).

As for the UK and the European flag: it's quite a rare sight in the UK.
Manchester Planner no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways