daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 5th, 2011, 09:58 PM   #3921
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

^ Unfortunately, it seems HU/RO border booths will remain there for awhile.
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 5th, 2011, 10:04 PM   #3922
seem
Mornar bez mora

Likes (Received): 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post
^ Unfortunately, it seems HU/RO border booths will remain there for awhile.
I didn't read that article but anyway -

no offence but I am not surprised about that, there is not just problem with Romania but also with coutries around you.. I think

Last edited by seem; January 5th, 2011 at 10:35 PM.
seem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2011, 10:30 PM   #3923
DanielFigFoz

Likes (Received): 898

To be honest, I'm surprised and glad that they didn't block the entrance to the whole of Eastern Europe. If they manage to block Romania and Bulgaria, I think that, unfortunately, they will remain blocked forever.
DanielFigFoz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2011, 10:41 PM   #3924
seem
Mornar bez mora

Likes (Received): 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielFigFoz View Post
To be honest, I'm surprised and glad that they didn't block the entrance to the whole of Eastern Europe. If they manage to block Romania and Bulgaria, I think that, unfortunately, they will remain blocked forever.
Why forever? They will just improve safety. We have 97 km long border with UA and it was a bit hard so it might takes ages but better than to bring problems such a migration, illegal businesses etc.

And Eastern Block (not Europe, choose if u wnat to talk about political or geographycal Europe ) was quite ok, I am just surprised that Hungary and Poland joined it so easy, even we had some problems because of UA.

Last edited by seem; January 5th, 2011 at 10:49 PM.
seem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2011, 10:41 PM   #3925
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3448

Quote:
not them, but some new members could
if you ask me, that's what we usually call complexes.
Old January 5th, 2011, 11:05 PM   #3926
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
not them, but some new members could
if you ask me, that's what we usually call complexes.
Don't worry, our Minister is a moron. This afternoon the president officially denied that Romania intend to block somehow Croatia and the stupid Minister made a step back just minutes after president's statement. In fact it is very possible to resign.
Also, there is a debate as we speak in the Romanian forums and the majority agrees it would have been a stupid, useless and unprovoked move to do anything against Croatia. You must understand that neither that Minister didn't intend to punish in any way Croatia, but only to respond to France and Germany cause trust me, the feeling now in Romania is simply frustration...
Old January 6th, 2011, 12:08 AM   #3927
DanielFigFoz

Likes (Received): 898

Quote:
Originally Posted by seem View Post
Why forever? They will just improve safety. We have 97 km long border with UA and it was a bit hard so it might takes ages but better than to bring problems such a migration, illegal businesses etc.

And Eastern Block (not Europe, choose if u wnat to talk about political or geographycal Europe ) was quite ok, I am just surprised that Hungary and Poland joined it so easy, even we had some problems because of UA.
It's not that, you don't think that the governments of Western Europe particularly like the entrance of Eastern European countries into Schengen do you?
DanielFigFoz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2011, 12:29 AM   #3928
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Quote:
It's not that, you don't think that the governments of Western Europe particularly like the entrance of Eastern European countries into Schengen do you?
I don't know if they like it or not, but they've payed a lot for it. It was a financial 50%-50% effort to help RO & BG to secure their frontiers (new detection & electronic surveillance systems, CCTV, faster cars and boats for the border police etc, etc). And we are talking about tens of millions of Euros here. So I imagine Western Europe do not intend to simply lose the money. From the strictly technical point of view it seems both Romania and Bulgaria have done their part very well - and the EU Commission admits it - but what really concerns the EU is the high-level of corruption in our countries, and the fact is unfortunately very true.
Old January 6th, 2011, 12:35 AM   #3929
magm

Likes (Received): 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djurizmo View Post
How it was before 9/11?
i really dont remember, but it was a lot faster. Maybe 20-45 mins at most... (?)
magm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2011, 12:44 AM   #3930
WB2010

Likes (Received): 1789

Quote:
Originally Posted by seem View Post

Seem, why do you treat Poland and Hungary as inferior to Slovakia and worse prepared than your country to join the Schengen agreement ? In case of Poland you should not forget that the majority of our external borders are with other Schengen countries (Germany, the Czech Republic, Slovakia and Lithuania - altogether 1908 km, that's over 62 % of the total length of our borders).
The borders with the Kaliningrad Region, Bielarus and Ukraine are 1163 km long (38 %), but 363 km (further 12 %) of these is along the Bug river, one of the biggest in Central Europe and this makes that part of our external border much easier to protect.
WB2010 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2011, 12:56 AM   #3931
Surel

Likes (Received): 2156

About the borders and immigration... Well I guess that this particular problem is really not a problem in the eastern part of EU but in other countries.

Italy, France, GB, Spain, and Greece, they all serve as immigrant gates into EU...

On the other side, smuggling, duty evasion, etc is more the problem of eastern borders. But the picture is only complete when we realize where are concentrated the trade flows that go from EU to other parts of the world. It is Rotterdam and Hamburg.

Anyway, decision to not let the border to be opened as agreed is not good, nor fair. However I understand the reasons for this, these reasons are however never spoken about as that would be politically incorrect. I am sick of this hyppocrisy.

Last edited by Surel; January 6th, 2011 at 01:07 AM. Reason: added Greece as this should be the biggest gate
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2011, 01:01 AM   #3932
KingNick
Make Wu'bar Great Again

Likes (Received): 8718

Quote:
Originally Posted by magm View Post
San Ysidro (San Diego, CA, USA)- Tijuana (Mexico). Busiest Border crossing in the World. [...]
HATE!

I'll never cross this border again.
KingNick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2011, 03:00 AM   #3933
magm

Likes (Received): 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNick View Post
HATE!

I'll never cross this border again.
hehe... do you mind telling us why? people are so nice **sarcasm!!** ...
magm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2011, 07:01 AM   #3934
chumpon
Member Legend

Likes (Received): 1

http://hazis.wordpress.com/pulau-tubir-selatan/
Old January 6th, 2011, 11:25 AM   #3935
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3448

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post
Don't worry, our Minister is a moron. This afternoon the president officially denied that Romania intend to block somehow Croatia and the stupid Minister made a step back just minutes after president's statement. In fact it is very possible to resign.
Also, there is a debate as we speak in the Romanian forums and the majority agrees it would have been a stupid, useless and unprovoked move to do anything against Croatia. You must understand that neither that Minister didn't intend to punish in any way Croatia, but only to respond to France and Germany cause trust me, the feeling now in Romania is simply frustration...
yeah, presidents have solved that thing yesterday. it seems that you also have morons for ministers, and cool president, just as we do
Old January 6th, 2011, 07:10 PM   #3936
erxgli

Likes (Received): 17

Mexico-Guatemala Int'l border

Mexico-Belize Int'l bridge. To Belize

Mexico-Belize, driving to mexico

A rel USA vs Mexico Volley ball match. People playing volley ball using the border
fence between Arizona and Mexico as the net

Mexico-USA Int'l border

Last edited by erxgli; January 6th, 2011 at 07:19 PM. Reason: resize
erxgli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2011, 10:59 PM   #3937
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by erxgli View Post
A rel USA vs Mexico Volley ball match. People playing volley ball using the border
Now that's funny
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2011, 11:21 PM   #3938
snowman159

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
People playing volley ball using the border

I'm pretty sure that's between San Diego and Tijuana at Border Field State Park.

PS: here's another pic: http://www.flickr.com/photos/brianauer/2957760585/
snowman159 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2011, 03:51 AM   #3939
erxgli

Likes (Received): 17

Many Mexican families living in the United Sates spend time with relatives at Borderfield State Park on weekends and holidays to avoid long lines at the border and for immigration reasons.

Worshipers prayed during a service at Border Field State Park
erxgli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2011, 05:29 AM   #3940
mgk920
Nonhyphenated-American

Likes (Received): 68

Quote:

That's actually the beach where the where the border meets the Pacific Ocean. Image shot in San Diego, CA looking towards Mexico. You can just see that bull ring through the fence at the far left.

Yes, it is a funny image.

Mike
mgk920 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways