daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 27th, 2011, 11:11 AM   #5101
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2097

Italy had this one good idea of extending the validity of ID cards not by renewing the document but just with a stamp and a signature by a civil servant. Problem is that not all countries recognise this, so I'm forced to carry with me my passport, even here in Germany where I would not need it.
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 27th, 2011, 11:15 AM   #5102
alserrod
Bienvenue Ó Saragosse

I think that as fas as countries will discover the facilities of carrying a card with dimensions of credit card and a chip inside instead of a 32 pages book for own documentation, will start thinking in changing it.

Later on a similar format.

(JosÚ A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2011, 12:33 PM   #5103
italystf

Likes (Received): 2183

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtD View Post

Are Ceuta and Melilla in the Schengen area?
Off course, they're part of a Schengen country!
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2011, 12:40 PM   #5104
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
Off course, they're part of a Schengen country!
That does not mean anything. Guadaloupe and Martinique are integral part of France, but they're outside Schengen. There are many other examples of this.
Old August 27th, 2011, 01:23 PM   #5105
eucitizen

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markowice10 View Post
The citizens of European Union can travel from Identity Card only, to Serbia, Macedonia, Montenegro and Abaniia, also.
Sure you can enter Macedonia with the id card but as they don't have the right technology to read id cards they have to put all your data manually into their system. Last time when I was there I talked about this with the officer and he told me that to pass faster it is better to show the passport. Asking when they upgrade their system he said probably when entering EU. Pity that in the Eu border controls are really a formality and it would be a waste of money.
Old August 27th, 2011, 01:31 PM   #5106
eucitizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
Italy had this one good idea of extending the validity of ID cards not by renewing the document but just with a stamp and a signature by a civil servant. Problem is that not all countries recognize this, so I'm forced to carry with me my passport, even here in Germany where I would not need it.
This is really ridiculous if you think that the old id electronic card can be renewed giving you a special paper which is not recognized in many EU countries. It is shame that Italy isn't able to issue the electronic card, it is still in experimental mode after more than 10 years!
I hate the old id card it is a shame so I didn't want to renew it and pretended to get the new electronic card. It was a hard battle with the public employee he tried to convince to get still the old id card because it is cheaper and immediately issued. i preferred to spend more money and to wait 5 days to get it and now I can travel without being ashamed to show a document of the 50' years.
Old August 27th, 2011, 01:39 PM   #5107
Attus

Likes (Received): 1038

Quote:
Originally Posted by alserrod View Post
I think that as fas as countries will discover the facilities of carrying a card with dimensions of credit card and a chip inside instead of a 32 pages book for own documentation, will start thinking in changing it.
Later on a similar format.
It can only work if all border stations of the world will have proper electronical equipment for using such a chip. Including those between poor countries somewhere in the middle of the jungle or a desert.
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2011, 01:54 PM   #5108
DanielFigFoz

Likes (Received): 890

Quote:
Originally Posted by hofburg View Post
I forgot how my passport looks like once I checked in at Paris CDG airport only with a driving licence. forgot ID card in appartment

anyway, why new EU driving licence cards don't have translations anymore? I just got new one few weeks ago, I wonder what they will understand in France...
If they put it into a compute I think it'll come up in French.
DanielFigFoz está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2011, 02:00 PM   #5109
bogdymol
bogdymod

I think that the new EU driving licence is the same in all EU countries, so even though it's written only in Romanian, Bulgarian or Spanish every policemen in the EU knows what's there (I mean, in each field is exactly the same thing written regarding of the language used).
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2011, 02:06 PM   #5110
DanielFigFoz

The British driving license has two sections:

the card:

and the paper:

Old August 27th, 2011, 02:08 PM   #5111
eucitizen

The news EU driving license is standardized and it is written in all EU official languages. The problem is that sometimes they are hardly readable and mixed up with the graphic of the driving license. Look for example the Estonian model:

http://prado.consilium.europa.eu/IT/...age_68968.html

you can notice that driving license is written in all EU languages.

Or look at the UK driving license at the top of it and you will find all the languages.
Old August 27th, 2011, 03:00 PM   #5112
alserrod
Bienvenue Ó Saragosse

Quote:
That does not mean anything. Guadaloupe and Martinique are integral part of France, but they're outside Schengen. There are many other examples of this.

All Spain is inside Schengen treaty, but the only borders are at continental Spain and Ceuta and Melilla (with Morocco).

Balearic islands and Canary islands are part of that territory.

From Canary islands there are flights to United States and Morocco and to Senegal (Madrid-Gran Canaria-Dakar with Iberia) as well to Western Sahara (El Aaiun Airport). Yeah... it is part of Morocco but the only foreing flight that arrives there.

Old August 27th, 2011, 03:52 PM   #5113
brisavoine
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2346

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtD View Post
^ Yeah Saint Martin doesn't really count, it's an internal EU border.
The Dutch part of St Martin is not inside the EU. Only the French part is.
brisavoine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2011, 10:19 PM   #5114
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Likes (Received): 464

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn's Woods View Post
?
What's that about (just curious)?
before there was a driving licence will all official languages of EU, in form of some "pocketbook". but now it's a plastic card, as Bogdymol said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
Is it similar with this one? We now use the new European driving licence here, but I have the old model (still valid untill it expires).

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ence_front.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
I think that the new EU driving licence is the same in all EU countries, so even though it's written only in Romanian, Bulgarian or Spanish every policemen in the EU knows what's there (I mean, in each field is exactly the same thing written regarding of the language used).
yeah.

Quote:
Italy had this one good idea of extending the validity of ID cards not by renewing the document but just with a stamp and a signature by a civil servant. Problem is that not all countries recognise this, so I'm forced to carry with me my passport, even here in Germany where I would not need it.
so, that's not a card, but some paper. you should get a modern plastic one.
hofburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2011, 10:51 PM   #5115
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hofburg View Post
so, that's not a card, but some paper. you should get a modern plastic one.
Not my priority, since it's not free. I'll wait until it expires in 2014 and then I'll get a new one. In the meantime I get by with my passport, which expires in 2019, I think.
Old August 28th, 2011, 01:10 AM   #5116
alserrod
Bienvenue Ó Saragosse

About different languages on documents.

There is a not official but useful document standarized for all languages in EU.

It is the car accident report. That one you can make with another driver that you will not assume any responsibility but will help management for your insurance.

The format is the same in any language. So if you go abroad and you are not lucky and have to use it... the report in that country will have the same.

It is enough for you to check with your own report what it says in that language and write where you have, or just put a cross where it applyes.

As an example... that report in Spanish is:

Old August 28th, 2011, 02:17 AM   #5117
DanielFigFoz

I have never seen anything like that before. In the UK each person in an accident just trades insurance details
Old August 28th, 2011, 08:46 AM   #5118
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by alserrod View Post
As an example... that report in Spanish is:
http://loquenoaprendienelcole.com/wp...0/11/parte.jpg
We have the same thing in Romania:

I noticed that there is no similar EU car registration documents. The romanian one looks like this:

My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2011, 08:57 AM   #5119
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielFigFoz View Post
I have never seen anything like that before. In the UK each person in an accident just trades insurance details
These are standard EU issue. But, as usual, the UK has to be different and always knows best, hence the world's biggest insurance scams being commited there.
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2011, 09:13 AM   #5120
Attus

Likes (Received): 1038

We use the very same form in Hungary so that if I'm unlucky enough to have an accident in Denmark, I can use Danish form even if I can't understand a word since I have a Hungarian one, and form items are the very same.
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways