daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 29th, 2011, 03:03 PM   #5141
eucitizen

Likes (Received): 20

Is it this place?

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Berovo...src=6&t=h&z=18

Then it is located on Macedonian side of the border. Looking on the map you may notice that there is no road going there from Bulgaria. It would be interesting if anyone from Macedonia or Bulgaria can explain why they didn't open that border

Sponsored Links
Old August 29th, 2011, 03:53 PM   #5142
gorefest

Likes (Received): 97

Quote:
Originally Posted by eucitizen View Post
Is it this place?

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Berovo...src=6&t=h&z=18

Then it is located on Macedonian side of the border. Looking on the map you may notice that there is no road going there from Bulgaria. It would be interesting if anyone from Macedonia or Bulgaria can explain why they didn't open that border
Yes , that was my curiosity too ... it seems like a project started and abandoned or something like this ... silly me .. i didn`t even took notice to look a bit more carefully to see that the roads don`t link together from Bulgaria to Macedonia or viceversa .. from what i`ve seen there are actually roads but not one single segment of tarmac ... at least on the bulgarian side , the road looks like this ...
.. as for the macedonian side didn`t found any pictures of the road ...
Old August 30th, 2011, 03:16 AM   #5143
signol

Likes (Received): 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by alce9316 View Post
Actually, I don't really know, never been to Israel, but I've read on some travelling forums that you may get the visa stamped on a separate sheet of paper, so you might be right. Anyone here can confirm this?
This is usually the case - I arrived in Israel at the land border with Egypt at Taba/Eilat (sorry no photos! but a short description here ), and was offered a stamp on paper. But here it was a waste of time, as an exit stamp at Taba is just as "offensive" to, eg Syrians, as an Israeli stamp. I have heard from others arriving by air that sometimes they stamp a piece of paper automatically, sometimes you have to ask. For me, the point is moot, since I have a new passport since then!

signol
signol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2011, 05:53 AM   #5144
gorefest

Quote:
Originally Posted by signol View Post
I arrived in Israel at the land border with Egypt at Taba/Eilat (sorry no photos! but a short description here ),
found some photos .... egiptian side

israelian side :

oh geez .. but what kind of birocracy ... ho many formulars you have to fill it up ...
egiptian formular :

israelian formular:

Source : http://www.bridgeandtunnelclub.com/b...lat/visa01.jpg
Old August 30th, 2011, 08:20 AM   #5145
gabrielbabb

Likes (Received): 1857

Cañon de Santa Elena, Coahuila, México - Big Bend National Park, Texas, EEUU

Mexico-Belize

Mexico-Guatemala

Mexico-California (La esquina de Latinoamérica)

Mexico-Arizona

Mexico-New Mexico

Mexico-Texas
[/QUOTE]

San Diego - Tijuana
image hosted on flickr
gabrielbabb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2011, 11:59 PM   #5146
ScraperDude
lagom

Likes (Received): 129

[QUOTE=gorefest;83302957]Oh dear Lord !!! i`ve just seen a border crossing between Macedonia and Bulgaria ... how in the world is possible in XXI century to have such places ? in an EU state .. does anyone know about this CheckPoint on Berovo ? I really hope the pictures are just old or maybe it is just a disposed checkpoint...

QUOTE]

According to this website I googled, this checkpoint has been sitting there unused for over 2 decades.
http://www.hotelmanastir.com.mk/newsNext1Eng.php
Old August 31st, 2011, 01:13 AM   #5147
an-148

Likes (Received): 31

same form in Belgium :-)
an-148 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2011, 04:03 AM   #5148
erxgli

Likes (Received): 17

I like this picture with the Big Ben National Park. I think it shouldn't be a border. A beautiful place like this one shouldn't be divided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielbabb View Post
Cañon de Santa Elena, Coahuila, México - Big Bend National Park, Texas, EEUU

I like the turquoise color of the water... It's so beautiful
Quote:
Mexico-Guatemala
erxgli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2011, 11:40 AM   #5149
gorefest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScraperDude View Post
According to this website I googled, this checkpoint has been sitting there unused for over 2 decades.
http://www.hotelmanastir.com.mk/newsNext1Eng.php
thanks for the information
Old August 31st, 2011, 11:12 PM   #5150
RipleyLV

Likes (Received): 2262

Rajka (H) - Rusovce (SK)

While waiting on Saturday before trucks could drive in Slovakia, I got bored and went up to this viaduct between both borders and took a few pictures from up there.
1. View to Hungarian side.

2. Slovakian side.

3. During the summer Slovakia is closed for trucks on Saturdays untill 20:00.
RipleyLV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2011, 10:22 AM   #5151
Tego
·!¦[· (17:50) ·]¦!

Likes (Received): 9460

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
We have the same thing in Romania:

When seeing that, this comes to my mind:

That's a Bulgarian road accident protocol for colliding with a wild boar.
Old September 1st, 2011, 11:54 AM   #5152
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1931

Not a road, but here is the craziest border ever.
There are some Northkorean tunnels that lead to South Korea. The latter found these, and opened its part of one to the public. This photo was taken ignoring the ban of taking photos, but here is it:

Just after that door lies the border between South and North Korea, the last standing cold war border.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2011, 02:02 PM   #5153
Suissetralia

Likes (Received): 67

good set for a terror movie
Suissetralia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2011, 08:45 AM   #5154
gorefest

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
Not a road, but here is the craziest border ever.
There are some Northkorean tunnels that lead to South Korea. The latter found these, and opened its part of one to the public. This photo was taken ignoring the ban of taking photos, but here is it:
[IM://fronterasblog.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/undergroundkorea1.jpg[/IMG]

Just after that door lies the border between South and North Korea, the last standing cold war border.
oh , wow !!!!!!! it really is spooky ! found something on youtube ....this is a short tour from the crossing border in the demilitarized zone between South Korea and North Korea

TheSkyscraper liked this post
gorefest no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2011, 02:03 AM   #5155
pobre diablo
BANNED

Likes (Received): 316

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorefest View Post
Oh dear Lord !!! i`ve just seen a border crossing between Macedonia and Bulgaria ... how in the world is possible in XXI century to have such places ? in an EU state ..
FYROM where this "beauty" is located, is not an EU state.
pobre diablo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2011, 05:02 PM   #5156
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

When a border can be strongest than what you want...

In the middle of the Pyrenees, at Puigcerda, an international hospital was built. It is located just a few kilometres from the border in the mainest town of the area and can be used ever by Spanish or French citizens. There is not a lot of population in the area in France and it helps to have health assistance there.
Should a French citizen go to that hospital he will use as if he goes to an another French hospital. The rest... for administrative and invoices tasks, but it is public hospital at all.

There are, however, some problems with the border. One of the trying to solve it.

1- The hospital is at Spain... and French babies born there are born abroad at all. For the law it doesn't matter if it is the nearest hospital for the mother and has an agreement to use it. The baby was born abroad and has to be registered at the French consulate at Barcelona. For all business in the future he will have to ask born documentation to that consulate or to the embassy at Madrid.

Problem can be solved with a change in French laws.

2- Should a person death in the hospital (a long illness, an accident, etc...) he was death abroad if he was French.
EU is very strong in this area and Death people can cross a border only in closed coffins. That makes relatives will not be able to see it (the can do it in the hospital before closing coffin). Coffin cannot be opened after crossing the border and doesn't allow cremation.

It is strange that having the first binational hospital, where people go there not only because it is the nearest hospital but because it is the hospital related for his area... and later they have so many problems with the border.

It has been required to UE to make an exception with that hospital
http://www.altpirineu.org/index.php?...s-difunts.html

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2011, 09:07 PM   #5157
El Tiburon

Likes (Received): 314

Quote:
Originally Posted by alserrod View Post

2- Should a person death in the hospital (a long illness, an accident, etc...) he was death abroad if he was French.
EU is very strong in this area and Death people can cross a border only in closed coffins. That makes relatives will not be able to see it (the can do it in the hospital before closing coffin). Coffin cannot be opened after crossing the border and doesn't allow cremation.
Problem can be solved if some enterprising funeral director opens a funeral home in Catalunyan territory to cater to the need of family and friends to have a proper open-casket funeral for their loved ones. Family and friends of French decedents can cross into Catalunya for the funeral wake and then close the casket and drive to the cemetery in France for burial just like if the person had died in France.
El Tiburon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2011, 11:11 PM   #5158
erxgli

Likes (Received): 17

Funny!!! There's a Mexico and a New Mexico
Quote:

Mexico-New Mexico

erxgli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2011, 11:28 PM   #5159
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19354

You just found out?
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2011, 11:43 PM   #5160
mgk920
Nonhyphenated-American

Likes (Received): 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorefest View Post
oh , wow !!!!!!! it really is spooky ! found something on youtube ....this is a short tour from the crossing border in the demilitarized zone between South Korea and North Korea
The site:
http://maps.google.com/?ll=37.956016...h&z=17&vpsrc=6

If you pan to the west a bit, the great expressway to Pyongyang begins a short distance to the west on the main access road.

Mike
mgk920 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways