daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 2nd, 2012, 11:01 PM   #6841
Alqaszar
No idea, well an opinion

Likes (Received): 19

OT

"Yugoslavia was a country of heroes. The successor states are just farts in the wind." (unknown wise man, circa 1993, Osijek... or was it Sarajevo?)

For example, do Croats even shit in red-white checkers? Same would go for every other post-YU nation, but it's too stupid to think of similar sarcastic jokes. And in the face of war, even sarcasm falls short.

But of course, every post-Yugoslav "nation" was the best one, the holiest one, the most peace-loving ever, while the others of course only consisted of terrorists and mass murderes who won't leave "us" in peace. Of course "our" own super-national-independence-flag heroes had heroically to fight those ruthless evil forces of pure badness, and thats why all the others have to go in front of the Hague tribunal, but not "our" beloved war heores, which protected our super-holy, hyper-independent republic.

And what does The Hague? Let's one of those *******s go. Ok, again the Croats (all the Croats reading this will surely get a red-chequered face, while their brains locked in HRVATSKAHRVATSKAHRVATSKA-mode for a while). I'm really sorry, but it was your ******* that went free despite he took part in the war -- which is the actual crime: that there was a war at the first place; and not who killed who for what pretended national reason.

So, now even the shininess of crashbarriers can't be discussed without a nationalistic undertone. And if reality wasn't bad enough, "nations" like Kosovo pop up, like a caricature of the whole post-Yugoslav mess.

Guys, really?

Are you so proud of your highly-independent-national border checkpoints as symbols of you existence? Hell, you could drive from Ljubljana to Skopje without a single border crossing once! And while Europe got rid of its blood-soaked lines which divided the nations and countries once you errected brand new ones! With even more blood to soake them in!

Yes, I know, it was the other ones, not your super-duper-nation of Slowenia/Croatia/Bosnia/Serbia/Whateveria. It's always the other ones.

I'm really sory for this completely off topic entry, but I just had to write it down. I once pissed against a border stone on the Belgian-German border. It was in the middle of a forest, I could have chosen every tree, but it just felt great. And I made sure I soaked both coat of arms equally, so that I wouldn't start a war accidently.

And I didn't want to go just on the ground. It could have been the place where an American soldier died who fought there 70 years ago, against nationalism, for real freedom, so that I could do what I did at that very place in that very moment.

/OT
Alqaszar no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 2nd, 2012, 11:09 PM   #6842
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3445

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alqaszar View Post
OT

bla bla

/OT
what the hell does Croatia have with that Serbia-Kosovo thing?
Old December 2nd, 2012, 11:47 PM   #6843
Arbenit

Likes (Received): 372

Quote:
OT

/OT
You should not talk about things that you have no idea of.

BTW this is all off-topic.

Brilliant minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people
Arbenit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2012, 12:06 AM   #6844
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18306

OK, if we are on Yugoslavia, let's post some border crossings involving it

Austria-Slovenia at Karawanke Tunnel

image hosted on flickr

AUT_A11 by cinxxx, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

AUT_A11 - Karavanken Tunnel by cinxxx, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

AUT_A11 - Karavanken Tunnel by cinxxx, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

AUT_A11/SLO_A2 - Karavanken Tunnel by cinxxx, on Flickr

Slovenia

image hosted on flickr

SLO_A2 by cinxxx, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

SLO_A2 by cinxxx, on Flickr
cinxxx está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2012, 12:10 AM   #6845
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18306

SLO/Jelšane -HR/Rupa

image hosted on flickr

SLO/Jelšane -HR/Rupa by cinxxx, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

cinxxx está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2012, 12:24 AM   #6846
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

by the way... is the SLO/AUT tunnel quite expensive?

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2012, 01:15 AM   #6847
OulaL

Likes (Received): 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by alserrod View Post
by the way... is the SLO/AUT tunnel quite expensive?
€6.50 for cars each way. In addition you'll need the motorway vignettes for both countries, unless you exit the motorway right after the tunnel. (The tunnel itself isn't a motorway, though.)

For more information, see the motorway toll operators http://www.asfinag.at/ and http://www.dars.si/
OulaL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2012, 01:39 AM   #6848
Gadiri

Likes (Received): 6980

Quote:
The “Completion of the Central Section of the Trans-Maghreb Motorway Axis

This project will provide a continuous motorway corridor from Agadir, Morocco to Ras Ajdir, Libya that will improve regional integration and socio-economic development by facilitating trade relations and the mobility of the population of the region.

The completion of the missing links in Morocco and Tunisia to connect the central section of the trans-Maghreb motorway axis, namely the Algerian, Moroccan and Tunisian national motorway networks, will provide a continuous motorway corridor from Agadir, Morocco to Ras Ajdir, Libya that will improve regional integration and socio-economic development by facilitating trade relations and the mobility of the population of the region.

During the UfM Senior Officials meeting held in Brussels on 10th February 2012, the UfM member States adopted the Completion of the Central Section of Maghreb Motorway Axis Project. The project proposal presented by CETMO, the Technical Secretariat of the Group of Transport Ministers of the Western Mediterranean (GTMO 5+5), aims to complete the missing links of the Central Section of the Trans-Maghreb Motorway Axis thus linking the Algerian, Moroccan and Tunisian national motorway networks to provide a continuous motorway corridor from Agadir (Morocco) to Ras Jedir (Tunisian-Libyan border).

The sections to be completed by the construction of a dual carriageway motorway with at least two lanes running parallel to the Maghreb coast are Oujda (Morocco) - Algerian border (22 Km), and Bou Salem (Tunisia) - Algerian border (80 Km).

In conjunction with the completion of the infrastructure in progress, the Central Maghreb countries are willing to work together in a coordinated manner within the existing consultation frameworks, such as the GTMO 5+5 and the Arab Maghreb Union (AMU), for the success of coordinated management of the axis and to give it complete interoperability and a high quality service that shares the same standards all along the axis.

The project will enhance regional integration and socio-economic development by facilitating mobility of the population of the region, trade and business opportunities. It will improve transport conditions, reducing travel times and the number of accidents, and it is foreseen that a high percentage of the population of these three countries will benefit from this connection.

The project will, on the other hand, strengthen the trans-Maghreb motorway axis for it is part of the Trans-Mediterranean Transport Network (TMN-T) and a major Maghreb road corridor, and consequently, is of strategic importance to the Euro-Mediterranean region.

The importance of the trans-Maghreb motorway has been recognized in various international platforms. In 1990 the AMU defined the Motorway for the Maghreb Union as a project of paramount importance for the region. In the MOU signed in 2008 between the AMU and the Group of Transport Ministers of Western Mediterranean (GTMO 5+5), the two organizations undertook to promote the completion of this motorway. In 2009 at the sixth GTMO 5+5 Ministerial Conference a decision was made to intensify efforts to complete the missing links in the motorway.

It is also worth pointing out that the project falls within the priority areas of the UfM Secretariat, namely the creation of coastal motorways, as identified by the Heads of State and Government in the Paris Declaration, and those covered by the Secretariat's Work Program. The project proposal not only has strong co-ownership by the involvement of three governments namely Algeria, Morocco and Tunisia, where the project will be implemented, it also foresees both public and private sector participation.

With the realization of this project the motorway interconnection between the three countries of Maghreb namely Algeria, Morocco and Tunisia will be complete and the project's outcome will have a multiplying effect for the rest of the Mediterranean region and for Europe as a whole, enabling increased mobility among the population and facilitating international freight flows.

http://www.ufmsecretariat.org/en/com...egional-trade/

FBI Says 94% of Terrorist Attacks in the US Since 1980 Are by Non-Muslims

Gadiri no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2012, 10:33 AM   #6849
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

Quote:
OT

Mimimimimimimimimi

/OT
I only find this bit where you said you pissed on a border stone once interesting.
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2012, 11:22 AM   #6850
pai nosso

Likes (Received): 4051

Quote:
Quite, quite, quite cool!!!! Are yours those photos???????

Are they border controls or just a cabin?

No, the fotos aren`t mine!!!

I hope in the future to go there!!

I can`t honelesty teel you, with South Africa, they must have real border controls. Some years ago there were news that there was imigration problems between South Africa and Mozambique!!
pai nosso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2012, 10:39 AM   #6851
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

Likes (Received): 9157

On December 17th there will be governmental meeting between Bulgaria and Greece. Among all the topics to be discussed, prime minister Borissov also said, that on that day will be announced the date for opening of the long-awaited border pass at Makaza through the Rhodopes mountain.
[IMG]
[/IMG]

The road to the new border crossing included some very serious construction works both on Bulgarian side:

...and on Greek side:
Chilio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2012, 10:40 AM   #6852
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2114

please reduce first pic... it's huge
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2012, 11:01 AM   #6853
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

Likes (Received): 9157

Already did that, sorry
Chilio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2012, 02:29 PM   #6854
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Mixed Spanish and Police patrols will go around borders between both countries.
Even if this fact will keep respecting the territory of each country (mainly because lawing issues and those stuffs), three teams from each country will go around roads near the border.
At least in the central Pyrenees, where the notice was found. And in fact, there are three international borders (one of them, E-07 can be crossed both by tunnel or by mountain pass... or skiing such I posted several days ago)

Policemen will remain with their uniforms and legal police weapon wherever they would be and will drive in cars with both logos from each police.

I found only one on-line newspaper with the information. This is the link. It is a little newspaper written in Aragonese, a language that comes from Latin but it could be the less spoken language in Europe.
http://www.arredol.com/patrullas-con...n-os-pirineus/

I made a summary and this is the link. I encourage anyone from a Latin language country to try to understand it... and I am almost sure you will understand part of the news (even if you are from Romania, Italy... one student of Arts showed me a list of several words in several Latin languages and the fact that sometimes languages spoken far away had very close words)

(by the way... CNGL... you are obviously out of the poll to know how many forumers from Latin languages countries can understand it )

Old December 8th, 2012, 06:20 PM   #6855
El Tiburon

Likes (Received): 314

Quote:
I encourage anyone from a Latin language country to try to understand it...
The only word I didn't understand at first was "muga" but then, from the context, I figured it meant "border'.
El Tiburon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2012, 06:22 PM   #6856
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2114

To me, native Italian speaker, it's not that difficult.
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2012, 06:44 PM   #6857
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

As far as I will be able I will post pictures of those mix-police cars

By the way... "muga" could be the only word that doesn't come from Latin but from Basque (where there are borders with Basque speaking area). It obviously means border.

Old December 8th, 2012, 07:48 PM   #6858
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1937

Quote:
(by the way... CNGL... you are obviously out of the poll to know how many forumers from Latin languages countries can understand it )
I look for exotic languages, so I prefer Ladin
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2012, 03:10 PM   #6859
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

Quote:
As far as I will be able I will post pictures of those mix-police cars

By the way... "muga" could be the only word that doesn't come from Latin but from Basque (where there are borders with Basque speaking area). It obviously means border.
Please do.
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2012, 09:27 AM   #6860
shpirtkosova
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6

shpirtkosova no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways