daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 16th, 2013, 12:29 AM   #7061
popcalent

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by OulaL View Post
What about visiting Korea (either of them) and then visiting the other with a stamp in the passport? (And I'm not talking about that demilitarized area described a couple of messaged above.)

How does that work, or does it? Sure, I believe foreigners can't cross the inter-Korean border, but they must travel via the PR of China - but is even that allowed with "wrong" Korea's stamp?
I've read the FAQs of many agencies that organize tours to North Korea, and one of the most popular FAQs is about having South Korean stamps on the passport. The answer is always: Not a problem.

I read somewhere that South Korea and Japan can ask you about North Korean stamps on your passport, but they won't deny you entry. It's more like: -Why did you go to North Korea? -Tourism -Alright *stamp*

I think things are more relaxed now all over the world, I have entered Algeria with an Israeli stamp on my passport, Cyprus with a TRNC stamp, and the US with a Cuban stamp. Never had a problem.

Last edited by popcalent; March 16th, 2013 at 02:40 AM.
popcalent no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 16th, 2013, 02:53 AM   #7062
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

I have had only two stamps on my passports. First of them was entering Austria a long time ago before being part of EU. I had to ask for it. Later, in other international trips they just said they didn't stamp passports, just check.
Second time was in Tunisia and they made a one day visa (I thought that more focused to control that every one entering was going out rather than other control)

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2013, 06:12 PM   #7063
Zagor666
Motomaniac

Likes (Received): 349

Here a scene from the movie "Im Juli" introducing the Hungarian-Romanian border
Zagor666 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2013, 08:34 PM   #7064
Vertigo
Fan van de Neudeflat

Likes (Received): 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by popcalent View Post
I've read the FAQs of many agencies that organize tours to North Korea, and one of the most popular FAQs is about having South Korean stamps on the passport. The answer is always: Not a problem.

I read somewhere that South Korea and Japan can ask you about North Korean stamps on your passport, but they won't deny you entry. It's more like: -Why did you go to North Korea? -Tourism -Alright *stamp*

I think things are more relaxed now all over the world, I have entered Algeria with an Israeli stamp on my passport, Cyprus with a TRNC stamp, and the US with a Cuban stamp. Never had a problem.
I didn't get a North Korean stamp in my passport at all when visiting the country. The visa was a seperate paper, and stamps were place on that piece of paper.

(Still, you could find out about my visit to the country through the Chinese stamp at the Chinese-Korean border. But it's not so obvious).
Vertigo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2013, 08:44 PM   #7065
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18313

And what about that piece of paper? Did you keep it?
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2013, 09:10 PM   #7066
Vertigo
Fan van de Neudeflat

IIRC they took it at the border when returning to China.
Old March 17th, 2013, 09:39 PM   #7067
popcalent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
I didn't get a North Korean stamp in my passport at all when visiting the country. The visa was a seperate paper, and stamps were place on that piece of paper.

(Still, you could find out about my visit to the country through the Chinese stamp at the Chinese-Korean border. But it's not so obvious).
You could've asked them to stamp. Neither of the stamps I mentioned (TRNC, Israel, Cuba) would normally make into anyone's passport. Immigration would rather stamp a separate piece of paper and then you give it back when you leave the country. I had to ask for the stamp.

I like to collect stamps on my passport. I also have lots of stamps from EU/Schengen countries that I had to beg to the immigration officer (I have a EU passport).
Old March 18th, 2013, 01:49 AM   #7068
Vertigo
Fan van de Neudeflat

Quote:
think things are more relaxed now all over the world, I have entered Algeria with an Israeli stamp on my passport, Cyprus with a TRNC stamp, and the US with a Cuban stamp. Never had a problem.
AFAIK, TRNC visas and stamps are normally also placed on a separate piece of paper. But that Cyprus would let you in with a TRNC stamp seems obvious: the border between them is open, so they naturally allow people that have visited TRNC.
Old March 18th, 2013, 05:48 AM   #7069
popcalent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
AFAIK, TRNC visas and stamps are normally also placed on a separate piece of paper. But that Cyprus would let you in with a TRNC stamp seems obvious: the border between them is open, so they naturally allow people that have visited TRNC.
As I mentioned on my latter post I had to ask the TRNC authorities to stamp my passport because they would just stamp the separate piece of paper.

That Cyprus would let you in with a TRNC stamp is not as obvious as it seems. What you call a border is not considered a border for the Greek Cypriots. They consider the whole island to be the Republic of Cyprus (the Sovereign British Areas are another story), thus there's no recognized border between Cyprus and TRNC. Since there's no border from the Greek Cypriots point of view there's no reason for an immigration stamp, let alone an immigration stamp issued by a foreign authority other than Cypriot immigration.

In my case, with a EU passport, there's no reason for them to not let me in, since Cyprus is EU. When coming back from TRNC into Cyprus there's a Greek Cypriot checkpoint, if they see a stamp from TRNC immigration across the checkpoint they will cross it out and if you have a proper Cypriot entry stamp they will let you in. If you have a EU passport you don't need the entry stamp but they will cross out any TRNC stamp. My trick was to show my national ID every time I came back from TRNC instead of my passport.

That Cyprus would let you in with a TRNC stamp seems obvious, you say? Certainly there's a case where it's not that obvious. If you have a non-EU passport, and you entered TRNC from Turkey, then from the Greek Cypriot pov you've illegally entered their country. Cross into the Republic of Cyprus and let the officers at the checkpoint see your TRNC stamp issued at the airport but no Cypriot entry stamp and prepare for deportation (that's what lawfully should happen, I don't know how enforced it is).
Old March 18th, 2013, 12:16 PM   #7070
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

It's the same game if you enter Serbia through the Serbian-Kosovoarian "border" and you have only Kosovarian stamps and no Serbian ones...
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2013, 06:01 PM   #7071
italystf

Likes (Received): 2186

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickedy View Post
It's the same game if you enter Serbia through the Serbian-Kosovoarian "border" and you have only Kosovarian stamps and no Serbian ones...
Is possible to cross the SRB-RKS in both direction for citizens of a third country?
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2013, 06:17 PM   #7072
OulaL

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
Is possible to cross the SRB-RKS in both direction for citizens of a third country?
Yes, but first you'll have to enter Serbia from an another country. Then you can visit Kosovo and return to Serbia.

Or, you can exit Kosovo to an another country, but then you'll miss the Serbian exit stamp, which might give you some problems if you sometime still intend to visit Serbia (proper) with the same passport.

Also, if you enter Kosovo from an another country, you'll miss the Serbian entry stamp and might be refused from entering Serbia (proper).
OulaL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2013, 09:33 PM   #7073
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

Let's hope that none of these countries will be able to join the EU until they grow up and get their act together.
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2013, 10:09 PM   #7074
italystf

Likes (Received): 2186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_UK View Post
Let's hope that none of these countries will be able to join the EU until they grow up and get their act together.
Serbia won't be allowed in EU if it don't recognize Kosovo.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2013, 10:17 PM   #7075
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18313

Did someone ask them if they want to join?
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2013, 11:22 PM   #7076
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

My brother is right now in Maastritch.

If only he had remember he must send me some pics........

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2013, 11:23 PM   #7077
Alex_ZR

Likes (Received): 4016

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinxxx View Post
Did someone ask them if they want to join?
Main goal of Serbian policy since 2000 is joining the EU.
Alex_ZR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2013, 03:46 AM   #7078
Zagor666
Motomaniac

Likes (Received): 349

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_ZR View Post
Main goal of Serbian policy since 2000 is joining the EU.
Of Serbian crap policy,the only real serbian political party is the srs and they are 100% against something stupid like joining the eu like everybody else with a brain.the eu is a funeral parlor for countries like the czech republic,slovenija,cyprus and so on and the same case will be with croatia and serbia,you will see
Zagor666 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2013, 10:02 PM   #7079
f.ostman

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by popcalent View Post
If you have a EU passport you don't need the entry stamp but they will cross out any TRNC stamp.
I crossed the TRNC - Republic of Cyprus border several times every day on my six day trip last December and there was no crossing out of TRNC stamps. In fact they checked my passport only one or two times and only very briefly. Most of the times I could just pass thru the (Greek-) Cypriot checkpoint.
f.ostman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2013, 01:24 AM   #7080
stickedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OulaL View Post
Yes, but first you'll have to enter Serbia from an another country. Then you can visit Kosovo and return to Serbia.

Or, you can exit Kosovo to an another country, but then you'll miss the Serbian exit stamp, which might give you some problems if you sometime still intend to visit Serbia (proper) with the same passport.

Also, if you enter Kosovo from an another country, you'll miss the Serbian entry stamp and might be refused from entering Serbia (proper).
That's true! But there's an exception: Several foreign citizens (for example all EU citizens) only need an ID card since last year. And since you can't get a stamp when entering with ID card, this problem is gone
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways