daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 20th, 2013, 05:06 AM   #7081
brisavoine
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2346

Last week we learned a bit more about the long awaited opening of the bridge over the Oyapock River. According to the governor of the Brazilian state of Amapá, the bridge could finally open in... September 2014 (that's September of NEXT year)!

Apparently the access road to the bridge on the Brazilian side of the border is almost complete, but after having botched the public tender for the customs house and border checkpoint on the Brazilian side of the bridge, they only have found now a contractor, and it could take until September 2014 before the contractor completes the Brazilian customs house and border checkpoint buildings. The governor of Amapá said September 2014 was the latest time at which the work would be completed, but it's possible it will be completed before.

It's just incredible that a country the size of Brazil, which pretends to become a developed country that matters in the world, is taking THREE YEARS to open a bridge whose construction ended in August 2011 (all access roads and custom buildings were already ready on the French side of the border by 2011). Unbelievable!
Quote:
Le pont sur l’Oyapoque ouvert (peut-être) dans 540 jours

Guyane 1ère
14 mars 2013

La 8ème réunion de la commission mixte transfrontalière s’est achevée hier soir (mercredi 13 mars 2013) au terme de trois jours de réflexion à Cayenne. Ouverture du pont sur l’Oyapock, coopération Guyane-Brésil, carte transfrontalière…des sujets qui ont attiré notre attention.

Comment évoquer les questions de coopération sans évoquer le pont de l’Oyapock ? Si l’ouvrage est terminé côté français, les travaux côté Brésilien sont loin d’être achevés. L’ouverture tant attendue ne sera donc pas pour tout de suite. Le gouverneur de l’Amapa, Camilo Peribe, annonce un délai maximum de 540 jours. « On a l’accès qui est presque prêt. Pour l’installation frontalière, on a une compagnie qui a répondu à l’appel d’offre. Dans un délai de 540 jours on devrait avoir l’installation. C’est long c’est vrai, mais au moins maintenant on a un délai et on va travailler. 540 jours c’est une vision pessimiste mais c’est pour ne pas donner une date qui ne sera pas réalisable. Je pense qu’on avancera avec sécurité et ça va marcher peut-être plus tôt que ça. »

[...]

http://guyane.la1ere.fr/2013/03/14/l...urs-20397.html

Verso liked this post
brisavoine no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 20th, 2013, 02:53 PM   #7082
popcalent

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by f.ostman View Post
I crossed the TRNC - Republic of Cyprus border several times every day on my six day trip last December and there was no crossing out of TRNC stamps. In fact they checked my passport only one or two times and only very briefly. Most of the times I could just pass thru the (Greek-) Cypriot checkpoint.
Did you get your passport stamped every time in TRNC? If you crossed everyday several times during six days that's a lot of stamps. My guess is no. If you got stamped at least once as a souvenir as I did, then maybe the Greek authorities didn't see your stamp. They don't search passports for TRNC stamps, they just check who crosses the "border".

When I was there, I did the same thing: cross the border several times every day, I just got the TRNC entry and exit stamp the first time, when I requested them to stamp. Every other time I got it on a separate piece of paper. When I crossed into the Greek part I showed my ID.

The first time I was in Cyprus I left to the UK, so I was able to enter the secure zone of the airport with my ID, but the second time I was leaving to Jordan, so I was entering the international secure zone. I showed my ID but they guy said I needed to show him my passport, I said I had in my bag, and made up some BS, but the guy insisted, so I finally gave it to him, he searched it, found the TRNC stamps, smiled and said "ah! that's why you didn't want to show me". He didn't cross them out thought.

Anyway, take it with a grain of salt. If I say that Greeks would cross out the TRNC stamps it's because that's the general rule. It doesn't mean it will always happen. Would you agree that to enter Canada you need a passport? Yes? Well, I entered Canada last year without a passport or producing any ID. Maybe I'll explain the story later, but the point is, yes, there's always the case where the general rule doesn't apply.
popcalent no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2013, 03:22 PM   #7083
MrAkumana

Likes (Received): 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisavoine View Post
It's just incredible that a country the size of Brazil, which pretends to become a developed country that matters in the world, is taking THREE YEARS to open a bridge whose construction ended in August 2011 (all access roads and custom buildings were already ready on the French side of the border by 2011). Unbelievable!
Unfortunatelly I think everyone has similar examples on every country, Brazil it's not so special. Since we are talking about border crossings the first example that comes to my mind is the very expensive 8 km long Perthus tunnel for High Speed trains between France and Spain. The tunnel was ready by Feb 2009. But not trains could use it because the connecting tracks to the tunnel weren't ready on time, and it was just on Jan 2013 that the works were finished (They found a way to start using the tunnel on Dec 2010 but only for very limited services due the unfinished works).

If we talk a about road border crossings, then the 5 km conection of the portuguese A-25 and spanish A-62 motorways comes to my mind. Works started on 2009 and were due to be finished on 2011. As of today it isn't ready... as the construction company went bankrupt on early 2010. It's now 2013 and the section it's gonna be tendered again just on the second half of the year!
Old March 20th, 2013, 03:28 PM   #7084
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAkumana View Post
Unfortunatelly I think everyone has similar examples on every country, Brazil it's not so special. Since we are talking about border crossings the first example that comes to my mind is the very expensive 8 km long Perthus tunnel for High Speed trains between France and Spain. The tunnel was ready by Feb 2009. But not trains could use it because the connecting tracks to the tunnel weren't ready on time, and it was just on Jan 2013 that the works were finished (They found a way to start using the tunnel on Dec 2010 but only for very limited services due the unfinished works).

And French and Spanish governments had to start paying since that work was finished because maintenance. If their sides weren't finished was another problem.

It is a "tolled" international tunnel made by a private company (every train will pay a toll to cross the tunnel).

Today there are two daily Paris-Figueres V. SNCF trains with shuttle to Figueres V.-Madrid in just 15 minutes. In Spain is full HSR and more than 70% in France.

It is about railways but... by the way, starting in the ent of April and since the end of this year we will have, at least, 2 Paris-Barcelona, 1 Paris-Madrid, 2 Barcelona-Toulouse/Marseille, 1 Barcelona-Geneve and 1 Lyon-Barcelona.

I'm not sure if I missed someone. In the rail subforum there is more info.

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2013, 10:04 PM   #7085
f.ostman

Likes (Received): 20

TRNC

Quote:
Originally Posted by popcalent View Post
Did you get your passport stamped every time in TRNC? If you crossed everyday several times during six days that's a lot of stamps. My guess is no. If you got stamped at least once as a souvenir as I did, then maybe the Greek authorities didn't see your stamp. They don't search passports for TRNC stamps, they just check who crosses the "border".
I got my passport stamped when I landed at Ercan Airport (North Cyprus), and then when I left thru the same airport a few days later. All other stamps where on a separate pice of paper. I crossed the border via four of the six border checkpoints availible. Two times with a car. The only time the Greek Cypriots where actually interested in my passport where when I came in the middle of the night dragging my suitcase across the border at Ledra Street in central Nicosia. The customs also checked my bag.
f.ostman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2013, 08:07 PM   #7086
Autobahn-mann

Likes (Received): 187

Photo taken at border between Austria and Hungary in 2007 (made by an old mobile)

Last edited by Autobahn-mann; March 22nd, 2013 at 08:11 PM. Reason: post an image
Autobahn-mann no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2013, 08:08 PM   #7087
keokiracer
Roadgeek from NL

Likes (Received): 2629

Yeah, you're supposed to put that on an imagehost like www.imageshack.com or www.************ and then put the image link between the img-tags
keokiracer está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2013, 08:09 PM   #7088
Autobahn-mann

Quote:
Originally Posted by keokiracer View Post
Yeah, you're supposed to put that on an imagehost like www.imageshack.com or www.************ and then put the image link between the img-tags
very thanks
Old March 22nd, 2013, 08:41 PM   #7089
Autobahn-mann

BiH custom

Custom placed on center of the road, between Croatia and Bosnia i Herzegovina (direction HR)
foto make in 2007 (now is different!! all new EU-style custom)
Old March 22nd, 2013, 10:38 PM   #7090
italystf

Likes (Received): 2186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobahn-mann View Post

Photo taken at border between Austria and Hungary in 2007 (made by an old mobile)
What do PKW and LKW mean?
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2013, 10:39 PM   #7091
keokiracer
Roadgeek from NL

Likes (Received): 2629

PKW = PersonenKraftWagen = car
LKW = LastKraftWagen = truck
keokiracer está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2013, 01:15 AM   #7092
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

It's interesting how Austrians expect everyone to understand German. It would be much better to draw a car and a truck like elsewhere.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2013, 02:35 AM   #7093
italystf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
It's interesting how Austrians expect everyone to understand German. It would be much better to draw a car and a truck like elsewhere.
Border checks removed in 2007 so
[IMG]http://t1.************/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSREDbkpKz1U3EmuwUicPNfMmbI5KeRAHCxFAO1BtfGoZLMxx-k[/IMG]
Old March 23rd, 2013, 02:42 AM   #7094
Verso
Islander

Yes, but I'm sure they still have it at some other places where cars and trucks need to be separated.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 03:02 AM   #7095
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

E-07 Somport tunnel (F/E) requires a special truck control. Every truck has a danger number 1 to 5. Depending of it, operational is different.

All cars and buses can cross the tunnel without any custom control but trucks must stop for control. They do not check documentation but only to see in which danger-group they will be.

All signals in both sides are in French and Spanish. Even those in electronical pannels are flashing in both languages (and sometimes the difference is only one letter or that stuff)

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2013, 03:11 AM   #7096
italystf

Quote:
Yes, but I'm sure they still have it at some other places where cars and trucks need to be separated.
We're more clear.
http://maps.google.it/maps?q=gonars&...,86.29,,1,2.97
Old March 23rd, 2013, 04:00 AM   #7097
Verso
Islander

^ Lol, that guy is peeing.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 09:21 AM   #7098
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

Quote:
Same as in Germany
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2013, 11:31 AM   #7099
Autobahn-mann

Bridge between Hungary and Slowakia, near of Esztergom
photo of 2007

Old March 23rd, 2013, 12:13 PM   #7100
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19410

I always considered the LKW / PKW thing to be basic knowledge of the German / Austrian Autobahn system. Like Autohof. Or Ausfahrt. Or Bleifrei. I think most eastern European drivers also know what it means.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways