daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old April 11th, 2013, 03:30 AM   #7201
stickedy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Kronach
Posts: 762
Likes (Received): 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
http://maps.google.it/maps?q=Buje,+C...oazia&t=m&z=16
http://maps.google.it/maps?q=Buje,+C...oazia&t=m&z=16
http://maps.google.it/maps?q=Buje,+C...oazia&t=m&z=16
http://maps.google.it/maps?q=Buje,+C...oazia&t=m&z=15
http://maps.google.it/maps?q=Buje,+C...oazia&t=m&z=16
http://maps.google.it/maps?q=Buje,+C...oazia&t=m&z=15
http://maps.google.it/maps?q=Buje,+C...oazia&t=m&z=16
http://maps.google.it/maps?q=Buje,+C...oazia&t=m&z=15
http://maps.google.it/maps?q=Buje,+C...oazia&t=m&z=14
http://maps.google.it/maps?q=Buje,+C...oazia&t=m&z=15
http://maps.google.it/maps?q=Buje,+C...oazia&t=m&z=15
http://maps.google.it/maps?q=Buje,+C...oazia&t=m&z=15
http://maps.google.it/maps?q=Buje,+C...oazia&t=m&z=15
http://maps.google.it/maps?q=Buje,+C...oazia&t=m&z=15
http://maps.google.it/maps?q=Buje,+C...oazia&t=m&z=15
http://maps.google.it/maps?q=Buje,+C...oazia&t=m&z=15
http://maps.google.it/maps?q=Buje,+C...oazia&t=m&z=15
http://maps.google.it/maps?q=Buje,+C...oazia&t=m&z=15
http://maps.google.it/maps?q=Buje,+C...oazia&t=m&z=15
http://maps.google.it/maps?q=Buje,+C...oazia&t=m&z=15

From the Adriatic to Hungary. Unfortunately there's not streetview so you cannot see what roads are open and if there are signs.
The border is not correct in Google Maps! Compare with Openstreet Map and you see the difference .

The second place has Streetview, there you easily see that the border is not correct in Google Maps.
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 11th, 2013, 03:56 AM   #7202
Verso
Islander
 
Verso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ljubljana
Posts: 22,087
Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickedy View Post
The border is not correct in Google Maps! Compare with Openstreet Map and you see the difference .

The second place has Streetview, there you easily see that the border is not correct in Google Maps.
The border is correct in the second link, but there are no signs for either Slovenia or Croatia, only for the Croatian Municipality of Lanišće. The border crossing is set on the approaching road.

However, many other links are wrong as far as the border is concerned. See OpenStreetMap or Slovenian Geopedia.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2013, 12:24 PM   #7203
OulaL
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Jämsä
Posts: 636
Likes (Received): 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
Are dirt roads between towns still common in Baltic republics?
Quote:
Originally Posted by piotr71 View Post
They are quite common in Latvia and Estonia the same as in Sweden, where you can drive miles (Swedish mile = 10 kilometres) on such tracks.
No, between towns they are not, but in the countryside there are still lots of them. Saatse (which is served by the road discussed above) is not a town, just a village.
OulaL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2013, 04:15 PM   #7204
Skyline_
Registered User
 
Skyline_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Central Macedonia, Greece
Posts: 2,322
Likes (Received): 985

How about some border crossings on mountain summits?



Elevation: 2524 M. Greece - F.Y.R.O.M borders.
Skyline_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2013, 08:26 PM   #7205
Alex_ZR
Registered User
 
Alex_ZR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Zrenjanin
Posts: 2,903
Likes (Received): 4004

Kajmakčalan mountain, memorial chapel of the Battle of Kajmakčalan (1916).
Alex_ZR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2013, 10:38 PM   #7206
f.ostman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 22
Likes (Received): 20

Closed border between Armenia and Azerbaijan (Nakhichevan exclave). Picture taken discretely...
__________________

fruitfly liked this post
f.ostman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2013, 10:50 PM   #7207
f.ostman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 22
Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by piotr71 View Post
Not really border crossing, however seems to be interesting.

Palm Sunday, Lithuania-Belarus.


https://ssl.panoramio.com/photo/15980481
I was there in September 2010.




f.ostman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2013, 03:13 PM   #7208
popcalent
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 35
Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by alserrod View Post
They couldn't.
ID card remains because it is much easier to keep in the pocket than passport... and in fact, Spanish passport number is your ID card number.
That is not true. Not only the number on a Spanish passport doesn't match the number on same person's ID card, but also while Spaniards keep the same ID number for life (even after renewing their ID card) the passport number changes every time they get a new passport.

About people not allowed to leave Spain during the dictatorship, I disagree. Surely controls were strict back then, and you probably needed a legitimate reason to leave the country, but tourism was good enough of a reason.
popcalent no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2013, 04:44 PM   #7209
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse
 
alserrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Zaragoza
Posts: 59,775

Quote:
Originally Posted by popcalent View Post
That is not true. Not only the number on a Spanish passport doesn't match the number on same person's ID card, but also while Spaniards keep the same ID number for life (even after renewing their ID card) the passport number changes every time they get a new passport.
You are right. Every person has an ID card and number will remain for the whole life. That number will appear in the ID card of course, in the passport and other official documents (such as a driving licence).
Each passport has an own number. You change the passport (even because expired, even because lost) and number change again.

that's why in all documents it is required to write the ID card, because it remains with no change.

by the way, you can live all your life without a passport within Spain (and without driving licence, etc...) but it is COMPULSORY to have an ID card before you are 14 years old.

Today, the first education grade is given when 12. As far it is an official document, they ask for ID card number to have it... so in fact, absolutely all citizens have their ID cards before being 12.

And... for some flight companies, an ID card with photo is mandatory. I booked a Ryanair flight to travel within Spain (three hours traveling but not going out of the country at all) and I had to ask for an ID card for my youngest daughter, being less than one year old then.


Quote:
About people not allowed to leave Spain during the dictatorship, I disagree. Surely controls were strict back then, and you probably needed a legitimate reason to leave the country, but tourism was good enough of a reason.
Everybody could go out of Spain... but they required a passport.
Instead of having a visa system to go out of the country, they invented a new ID card, mandatory and only available within Spain, as far as if you wanted to go out Spain you had to go to a special office to ask for it.

A police team would check all passports requests and could give it to you for five years... or less time.

People went out of the country. It wasn't usual but not forbidden. But you needed to have a passport to go out.


I posted a sample of a visa used only to approach the border. If you had a passport you needn't that visa because you could say that the reason being there was to go out of Spain (really... when that internal visa was invented few people had a passport, but they existed, of course).
It would be, in that case, decission of the custom control to let you going out of the country...

By the way... working or staying near or inside an international airport or harbour did not require a Visa... and in that age, Spain had some territories in Central Africa. I am not sure if visa was required there (and you could go easily, not cheap but easily and crossing away to other country)
__________________
Ya ves que fuimos puente herido de abrazos detenidos por ver la libertad


(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2013, 09:05 PM   #7210
Eulanthe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,228
Likes (Received): 411

Quick question :

Does anyone know if Croatia is still stamping passports of EU citizens?
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2013, 10:03 PM   #7211
bogdymol
bogdymod
 
bogdymol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 11,182

I crossed the Croatian border with Hungary and Slovenia just with my ID card, so I didn't get any stamp.
__________________
Lived, Been, Drove in: A B BG BiH CH CZ D DK E F FIN FL GBZ GR H HR I IRL L M MNE P PL RO RSM S SK SLO SRB UK V
+ Australia, Hong Kong, Macau, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, United Arab Emirates & United States of America
my clinched highways
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2013, 10:15 PM   #7212
albertocsc
Translator and traveller
 
albertocsc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Frankfurt - Hahn
Posts: 495
Likes (Received): 49

In Romania they stamped it until the day they entered EU, maybe in Croatia will do the same. But you can always do as Bogdymol and just use your ID card...
albertocsc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2013, 11:11 PM   #7213
Attus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Rheinbach
Posts: 2,766
Likes (Received): 1039

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulanthe View Post
Quick question :

Does anyone know if Croatia is still stamping passports of EU citizens?
Do EU citizens need a passport for entering Croatia? I don't think so.
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2013, 11:29 PM   #7214
italystf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,455
Likes (Received): 2185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attus View Post
Do EU citizens need a passport for entering Croatia? I don't think so.
Off course we don't, not even in the early 2000s (I'm not sure earlier).
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2013, 11:34 PM   #7215
italystf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,455
Likes (Received): 2185

Are there SLO-HR border crossings that are close to 3rd nationalities (i.e. non-Slovenes or Croats)? Will it change after July 2013?
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2013, 11:39 PM   #7216
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara
 
cinxxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: München
Posts: 22,236
Likes (Received): 18299

Stamp received in November 2012
Could have crossed with ID card too, but since in Germany I also have passport and use it ftom time to time. Don't know if he would have stamped it if I didn't have the Liechtenstein tourist stamp too...

cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2013, 12:03 AM   #7217
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse
 
alserrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Zaragoza
Posts: 59,775

I've entered in Croatia only once nine years ago. But I was in a cruise with a call at Dubrovnik.

Ship staff had a copy of all our passports and everytime we changed of country they sent them to local authorities.

In my visit to Dubrovnik it was enough the ship card that every passenger had, even if it was without photo.

I had read that this kind of cards were allowed within EU cities for a one day visit if entry was from a cruise (documentation sent in advance by staff) but at Croatia I do state that it applied too.


When coming back to the ship there were a lot of people near the harbour. It was expected to arrive a ferry from Italy and a lot of people went there in order to try to get people to host in hotels, houses or so on.

There were too many policemen checking that nobody crossed the harbour line painted in the ground. That was because it could make it having someone going to Italy in the same ferry without custom controls.
When I arrived there police asked for documentation, I just showed my ship card and I was allowed to enter. I think they controlled that I kept walking through my ship and not other way... but no passport control
__________________
Ya ves que fuimos puente herido de abrazos detenidos por ver la libertad


(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2013, 12:10 AM   #7218
Verso
Islander
 
Verso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ljubljana
Posts: 22,087
Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
Are there SLO-HR border crossings that are close to 3rd nationalities (i.e. non-Slovenes or Croats)? Will it change after July 2013?
Nothing will change, because those border crossings are already open for citizens of EU, EEA and CH.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2013, 01:49 AM   #7219
italystf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,455
Likes (Received): 2185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
Nothing will change, because those border crossings are already open for citizens of EU, EEA and CH.
There are no small border crossings only for residents (like ppl living withing few km)? There were some between Italy and Slovenia and Italy and Switzerland until those countries joined Schengen in 2007-2008.

So a Bosnian or Serbian citizen can cross between HR and SLO only through major borders crossings?
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2013, 07:23 AM   #7220
Verso
Islander
 
Verso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ljubljana
Posts: 22,087
Likes (Received): 4749

Oh, you mean local border crossings? We'll have to wait until Croatia joins the Schengen Area, I can't use those either.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
highways, motorways

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium