daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old May 1st, 2013, 06:07 PM   #7341
brisavoine
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: desconocida
Posts: 18,049
Likes (Received): 2346

Some of you had asked me about it for a long time, well here it is. They have finally set up the EU sign "France" at the Franco-Brazilian border.

The sign was set up just at the exit of the bridge over the Oyapock River, at the entrance on French territory. The picture was taken by 2 adventure-seeking girls from Marseille last February. To the left you can see the pointed white roofs of the border checkpoint.



On this aerial view from January 2011, I have indicated with a small red square the exact location of the "France" sign. You can see the pointed white roofs of the border checkpoint to the left.

[img]http://i39.************/3496q7q.png[/img]
__________________

Verso, Robi_damian, alv4, Wapper liked this post
brisavoine no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 1st, 2013, 07:49 PM   #7342
Moravian
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 747
Likes (Received): 930

Austrian-Hungarian border in Rechnitz (September 2012)

Some of my pictures:









Moravian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2013, 08:02 PM   #7343
kob's
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4
Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline_ View Post
Very funny.
The difference is that my city is not multi-ethnic anymore. Jerusalem still is.
Debunking every miserable argument that you claimed is indeed very funny. I simply gave you a taste of your own medicine...
The only reason that your town is no longer multi-ethnic is that you carried out an ethnic cleansing of the Turkish Muslims. If you claim that Jerusalem needs to be an "international city" because of the (untrue) fact that it once was an "Arab city". then you should declare Thessaloniki as such. By that logic you could say that also London, Paris, Cairo, Delhi and many other multi-cultural cities should be an "international city"' but I must say that it is one twisted logic.
Anyway, you proved once again what an awkward sense of logic you have. You'd better not throw stones at someone else's house while yours is made out of glass...
kob's no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2013, 08:08 PM   #7344
Moravian
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 747
Likes (Received): 930

Austrian-Hungarian border at Geschriebenstein - the highest peak in Burgenland and West-Hungary

Some of my pictures from April 2012:























__________________

Suburbanist liked this post
Moravian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2013, 08:24 PM   #7345
Skyline_
Registered User
 
Skyline_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Central Macedonia, Greece
Posts: 2,322
Likes (Received): 985

Quote:
Originally Posted by kob's View Post
Debunking every miserable argument that you claimed is indeed very funny. I simply gave you a taste of your own medicine...
The only reason that your town is no longer multi-ethnic is that you carried out an ethnic cleansing of the Turkish Muslims. If you claim that Jerusalem needs to be an "international city" because of the (untrue) fact that it once was an "Arab city". then you should declare Thessaloniki as such. By that logic you could say that also London, Paris, Cairo, Delhi and many other multi-cultural cities should be an "international city"' but I must say that it is one twisted logic.
Anyway, you proved once again what an awkward sense of logic you have. You'd better not throw stones at someone else's house while yours is made out of glass...

The only miserable thing here is the way you think and write.
There was no ethnic cleansing in Thessaloniki but exchange of populations, but you are too illiterate to know that. Additionally, Thessaloniki was founded by Macedonians (Greeks), London was founded by Britons (although there was a Roman settlement too), Delhi was always an Indian city and Cairo was Egyptian since....forever. The only thing is the ancient Egyptians became Arabs, gradually. Jerusalem is a totally different case from any point of view you look at it: Politically, ethnically, religiously etc.

It was a Semitic city, in prehistorical times, before the Hebrews were attested in history. Semitic is a general term, not an ethnonym.
It has been a city conquered by many nations, empires etc.
Skyline_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2013, 08:27 PM   #7346
Moravian
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 747
Likes (Received): 930

Austrian-Hungarian border near Sopron (between Sankt Margarethen im Burgenland and Sopronköhida) - the memorial place of the so called Paneuropean picnic in 1989

Some of my pictures made in September 2012:































__________________

piotr71, italystf liked this post
Moravian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2013, 08:31 PM   #7347
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara
 
cinxxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: München
Posts: 22,239
Likes (Received): 18306

Great job Moravian. Thanks for getting this thread back on topic
cinxxx está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2013, 08:38 PM   #7348
Verso
Islander
 
Verso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ljubljana
Posts: 22,087
Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moravian View Post
Austrian-Hungarian border at Geschriebenstein - the highest peak in Burgenland and West-Hungary
The highest point of the Hungarian Alps.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2013, 09:27 PM   #7349
Skyline_
Registered User
 
Skyline_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Central Macedonia, Greece
Posts: 2,322
Likes (Received): 985

Borders of Greece - Albania, opposite Corfu.





Last edited by Skyline_; May 1st, 2013 at 10:25 PM.
Skyline_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2013, 10:12 PM   #7350
Moravian
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 747
Likes (Received): 930

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
The highest point of the Hungarian Alps.
Yes, exactly. It is interesting feeling - to be in Hungary and in the Alps.....Hungary (even if they lost Burgenland/Őrvidék after the WW1) could be counted among the alpine countries.....Geschriebenstein/Írott-kő in Günser Gebirge/Kőszegi-hegység is the highest peak in Burgenland and West-Hungary. This eastern parts (foothills) of the Alps in Hungary are called Alpokalja. I could recommend the wide view from the old tower. The location between the Alps and Panonia Lowlands is really attracting....
Moravian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2013, 10:40 PM   #7351
alserrod
Bienvenue ŕ Saragosse
 
alserrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Zaragoza
Posts: 59,799

Verin (E) and Chaves (PT) have asked their respective governments for a bus licence.

http://www.laregion.es/noticia/25096.../interurbanos/

https://maps.google.es/maps?saddr=ve...=h&mra=ls&z=11
__________________
Ya ves que fuimos puente herido de abrazos detenidos por ver la libertad


(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2013, 11:48 PM   #7352
Moravian
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 747
Likes (Received): 930

Slovak-Hungarian border upon Danube in Komarno (Elisabeth road bridge)

The following pictures made in May 2011:



















__________________

Bogdy liked this post
Moravian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2013, 11:53 PM   #7353
Attus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Rheinbach
Posts: 2,769
Likes (Received): 1039

I lived in Esztergom 1992-98. I saw that bridge in ruins quite often...
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 12:12 AM   #7354
Moravian
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 747
Likes (Received): 930

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attus View Post
I lived in Esztergom 1992-98. I saw that bridge in ruins quite often...
You mean Mária Valéria híd/Maria-Valeria-bridge between Esztergom (HU) and Sturovo=Párkány (SK).....destroyed in the end of the WW2 and rebuilt after 2000.

Some pictures from 2011:







I wrote about another Danube bridge between HU and SK in Komarom/Komarno...
Moravian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 12:41 AM   #7355
Alex_ZR
Registered User
 
Alex_ZR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Zrenjanin
Posts: 2,903
Likes (Received): 4006

These two bridges are very similar and were projected by the same architect. I have also crossed both of them in July 2012 (photos posted last year).
Alex_ZR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 01:59 AM   #7356
Skyline_
Registered User
 
Skyline_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Central Macedonia, Greece
Posts: 2,322
Likes (Received): 985

Crossing from Ireland to the UK (Republic of Ireland - Northern Ireland).

Skyline_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 02:52 AM   #7357
Skyline_
Registered User
 
Skyline_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Central Macedonia, Greece
Posts: 2,322
Likes (Received): 985

Bulgaria - Greece border crossing. Notice that the Bulgarian border station is purely cosmetic now. No checking there! Fast forward to 7:00

__________________

keokiracer liked this post
Skyline_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 05:13 AM   #7358
pobre diablo
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,533
Likes (Received): 316



If I remember correctly, it is being used for checks when entering Bulgaria.
pobre diablo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 12:43 PM   #7359
italystf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,460
Likes (Received): 2186

Soprom is where the first breach on the Iron Curtain occurred in 1989, some months before the fall of the Berlin wall. Many East Germans escaped to West Germany via CZ, H and A.
I didn't know there was such a memorial, maybe one day I'll go there since my cousin lives in Austria not far away from there.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 03:28 PM   #7360
Skyline_
Registered User
 
Skyline_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Central Macedonia, Greece
Posts: 2,322
Likes (Received): 985

Quote:
Originally Posted by pobre diablo View Post


If I remember correctly, it is being used for checks when entering Bulgaria.
Things have changed since Bulgaria signed the Schengen Agreement. It was activated a few months ago, I think. Maximum one year!
Skyline_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
highways, motorways

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium