daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 18th, 2013, 07:41 PM   #8001
Palance
Autosnelwegen.net

Likes (Received): 277

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_UK View Post
It's a hot news item in Holland. And a Dutch news crew actually went to Bulgaria to a village where the locals were boasting how they did these runs to Holland to get money of the government.
That means that those Bulgarians (who legally did nothing wrong BTW) looked very good to the Dutch people how to collect as much money as possible. Strange enough, the latter seems to be forgotten quickly in those discussions.

Sponsored Links
Old July 18th, 2013, 07:49 PM   #8002
Laurentzius
Self-styled Vampirologist

Likes (Received): 3998

Quote:
Originally Posted by timeandspace View Post
due to poltical reasons ( thus subjective/rehtoeric/perceptions/societal/cutlural/surface reasons) in the home countries of western european states, the MCV ( mechanism for co-operations and verfication) that is part of the EU accession is now used as a benchmark to "hold accountable" eastern states before they are royally allowed to join the noble and superior schengen states. in fact it is the lack of politcal capital of the politicians and the bigoted views of the populace that hinders this expansion. the zeitgeist.
Don't forget they are also afraid that the illegal immigrants from Greece will have a free land route to Western Europe if Bulgaria and Romania join the Schengen Area. Basically, they want the 2 countries to act as additional layers of protection for them. All that border security is paid by Bg&Ro, while in the meantime they also suffer economic loses because the international traffic in/out of their countries is hindered. This is bullshit. If I were in charge of the 2 countries, I would spend the money on something more useful and let all the illegals go through. It's not like they're going to stay in Bulgaria or Romania anyway.
Old July 18th, 2013, 07:51 PM   #8003
timeandspace

u can not refer to the migrants as" illegals" technically and ethically afaik. yes they should go through.
timeandspace no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2013, 07:57 PM   #8004
TurboEngine
BANNED

Likes (Received): 358

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurentzius View Post
Don't forget they are also afraid that the illegal immigrants from Greece will have a free land route to Western Europe if Bulgaria and Romania join the Schengen Area. Basically, they want the 2 countries to act as additional layers of protection for them. All that border security is paid by Bg&Ro, while in the meantime they also suffer economic loses because the international traffic in/out of their countries is hindered. This is bullshit. If I were in charge of the 2 countries, I would spend the money on something more useful and let all the illegals go through. It's not like they're going to stay in Bulgaria or Romania anyway.
The two countries should at least implement a mini-Schengen between each other.
TurboEngine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2013, 08:01 PM   #8005
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurentzius View Post
Then they would be stopped by the Hungarian police and you'd have plenty of them in Romania.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2013, 08:08 PM   #8006
timeandspace

migrants are caught around the borders but that can unfortunately continue post-schengen also. there is lots of romaian hungarian common policing already underway.
Old July 18th, 2013, 08:12 PM   #8007
Laurentzius
Self-styled Vampirologist

Likes (Received): 3998

Quote:
Originally Posted by timeandspace View Post
u can not refer to the migrants as "illegals" technically and ethically afaik. yes they should go through.
How about "undocumented immigrants" then? Is it euphemistic enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboEngine View Post
The two countries should at least implement a mini-Schengen between each other.
I've been saying the same for few years already. That's the first measure I would take.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
Then they would be stopped by the Hungarian police and you'd have plenty of them in Romania.
I count on their ingenuity to get through the Ro-Hu border. The Hungarian border guard is pretty soft on our segment.
Old July 18th, 2013, 08:27 PM   #8008
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Then they would probably kick Hungary out of Schengen and I don't think they want that.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2013, 08:29 PM   #8009
timeandspace

maybe he is judging on the passengers flux. remember people commute and live across borders in the battonya region for example. yet every truck gets scanned and the migrants are cuffed, stay assured. u can enquire at the frontier police arad faciliities, there are transit and detention centers.
Old July 18th, 2013, 08:52 PM   #8010
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

Quote:
Originally Posted by OulaL View Post

We (me and my wife) were stopped right after the bridge toll (going to Sweden) and had our car inspected a couple of weeks ago. We were just on a holiday with a person car.

I usually speak Swedish in Sweden but the officer's dialect was so difficult (close to Danish) that we changed into English...
Yes, people told me that the Danish language has far more in common with Stockholm and onwards than the Helsingborg and Malmö area, even though it borders with Denmark.
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2013, 09:00 PM   #8011
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas

Likes (Received): 9923

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_ZR View Post
I wouldn't call Vichy France "Free France"...
Indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VITORIA MAN View Post

i translated it from the french
It's "Free Zone", not "Free France", dear .
What we call "Free France" was the French resistance and anti-Vichy/anti-Nazi organization founded by de Gaulle in June 1940 in London and its armed forces (aka the Free French Forces) based outside the French metropolitan territory, such as in UK for example, but also in the French colonial empire.
parcdesprinces no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2013, 09:21 PM   #8012
Zagor666
Motomaniac

Likes (Received): 349

Quote:
Originally Posted by parcdesprinces View Post
Indeed.

What we call "Free France" was the French resistance and anti-Vichy/anti-Nazi organization founded by de Gaulle in June 1940 in London and its armed forces (aka the Free French Forces) based outside the French metropolitan territory, such as in UK for example, but also in the French colonial empire.
Yeah,here is a map oh the borders of the only free territory in 1941

Zagor666 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2013, 09:59 PM   #8013
Road_UK
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palance View Post
That means that those Bulgarians (who legally did nothing wrong BTW) looked very good to the Dutch people how to collect as much money as possible. Strange enough, the latter seems to be forgotten quickly in those discussions.
As impressed as the Dutch may have been, I don't think any of them approved on how they simply took taxpayers money.
Old July 18th, 2013, 11:50 PM   #8014
Attus

Likes (Received): 1038

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
Many of those Bulgarians are probably gypsies (but I'm not sure if majority).
A VAST majority. And it's true about Romanians, too.
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2013, 11:54 PM   #8015
Road_UK
BANNED

Here it doesn't make a difference. In Austrian, UK and Dutch newspapers you often read about Romanians committing crimes. You never read whether they're gypsies or not, it's the nationality what counts.
Old July 18th, 2013, 11:55 PM   #8016
volodaaaa

Likes (Received): 1746

Quote:
Originally Posted by parcdesprinces View Post
Indeed.

Well in my honest opinion, France was "free" same way that time, as North Korea is currently "democratic".

volodaaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2013, 11:57 PM   #8017
Attus

Likes (Received): 1038

I, too, think that the main reason for RO and BG are not allowed to join the Schengen treaty, is Greece. GR-TR border is quite easy to be crossed illegally, and RO and BG joining Schengen, these illegal immigrants could have a free way to dozens of European countries.
The best way would be RO and BG joining the treaty but GR being excluded - however it is not applicable by political reasons.
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2013, 12:01 AM   #8018
Road_UK
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attus View Post
A VAST majority. And it's true about Romanians, too.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...eek-in-UK.html

.. http://m.guardian.co.uk/politics/201...romanian-crime
Old July 19th, 2013, 12:08 AM   #8019
OulaL

Likes (Received): 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_UK View Post
Yes, people told me that the Danish language has far more in common with Stockholm and onwards than the Helsingborg and Malmö area, even though it borders with Denmark.
Oh, I could have claimed just the opposite.

Anyway, Malmö and Helsingborg are the only places in which I've had problems with Swedish language since graduating from high school. Never in Stockholm.

When in Norway, I speak something like mixed Swedish-Norwegian. This means that even if I don't remember all words or grammatical things, I just use the Swedish ones instead and still get understood pretty well.

When in Denmark, I speak English. I understand written Danish but not spoken, and I don't even give a try to speak myself.
OulaL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2013, 12:10 AM   #8020
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18298

What about UK criminal numbers?
What about non-european criminals?
What about African, Arab, radical muslims, drug dealers, etc.? Or have they already got UK citizenship, so no problems there?

4000 Romanians convicted. But how many Romanians work hard and pay taxes in the UK and help the economy? Of course, honest people are never noticed...
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways