daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 1st, 2014, 12:40 PM   #9101
an-148

Likes (Received): 31

this is a picture of the toll station (one have to pay to use the bridge)
no customs: both countries are EU members ;-)
no border police: both countries are Schegen ;-)
(also if Denmark repetidly announce it will re-install border police controls: it's only internal politic propaganda) ......... and customs controls surely not as the goods passing are 1°: EU goods 2° non EU and than have a transit document like everywhere in EU. (it can happen to have random customs controls, but only for axcises goods, like tobacco, alcohol, etc...

@ Mirror's Edge: to comply with EU laws, the controls made by the customs have to be: 1) displaced from the former customs stations in order to show to the public that there is free movement; 2) random: they are not allowed to provoque files for controls of each vehicule : in other words those customs controls heve to happen like ordinary customs controls all over the country.
All other ways to proceed is punishable and many countries have already received fines for doing so

Last edited by an-148; January 1st, 2014 at 12:50 PM.
an-148 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 1st, 2014, 12:42 PM   #9102
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

... Or drugs...
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2014, 12:52 PM   #9103
Mirror's Edge
Free the Nordic people!

Likes (Received): 2638

Quote:
Originally Posted by an-148 View Post
this is a picture of the toll station (one have to pay to use the bridge)
no customs: both countries are EU members ;-)
no border police: both countries are Schegen ;-)
(also if Denmark repetidly announce it will re-install border police controls: it's only internal politic propaganda) ......... and customs controls surely not as the goods passing are 1°: EU goods 2° non EU and than have a transit document like everywhere in EU. (it can happen to have random customs controls, but only for axcises goods, like tobacco, alcohol, etc...
I love it when ppl from other nations (think they)know more then someone that live minutes from the action.

I have been stopped many, many, way to many times and asked Qs, I have also been forced to return to Denmark with a shipment of birds and aquarium fish.
Mirror's Edge no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2014, 01:03 PM   #9104
an-148

sorry, mister: it has been my job for 40 (FORTY) years, so I know what I'm speaking about (and that has nothing to do with my nationality !
this panel is contradictory to the EU regulations (if they would write Excises instead of customs, than OK) and as you can see, the tull people have to look at people passing the toll station, WITHOUT blocking the traffic: they are there with a car and staying outside: that cannot be for 8 hours!: it's a mobile team !!!!....... and the toll station is not corresponding to a former custom station;
any way, DK and S (like France on the small airfields) are regularly pointed out by complaints of the EU-Commision for not respecting the free circulation.
Old January 1st, 2014, 01:14 PM   #9105
Mirror's Edge
Free the Nordic people!

Likes (Received): 2638

Yeah it's true they don't stop every car but what custom do that? NK- China maybe!
But they are on trains with the dogs, they stop buses/trucks and use dogs etc, anything suspicions and they take you aside and investigate further(I've been there many times)
This clip from 2013 show use of dogs as they stop vehicles at Öresund.
Never mind the annoying womans voice, she say this dog have caught drugs for 260 000 000 SEK...that's a lot of drugs.

On the Öresund train, clip from summer 2013.

Last edited by Mirror's Edge; January 1st, 2014 at 01:29 PM.
Mirror's Edge no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2014, 01:27 PM   #9106
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

With regular customs control, normally every car is checked, at least the passport(s) and you were asked if you have somethinf to declare. If the the car is investigated further, is another decision.

Anyway, an-148 seems to be right, a regular custom control is very different.
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2014, 01:28 PM   #9107
an-148

after 1 of January 1993, I have also been looking for drugs, excises goods, and MANY other regulations, BUT in mobile teams : the border offices simply closed !
naturally, we found more drugs close to the dutch border or in the train from NL than somewhere else, also more excises goods close to the LUXemburg border than somewhere else, also after 1995 for the toll vignette for trucks, .... but it was STRICTLY forbidden to act systematicly at the border itself !
Belgium never got complaints about not respecting the Regulations about free circulation !! (other regulations maybe :-) , but that is not the discussion here
Old January 1st, 2014, 03:20 PM   #9108
-Pino-
Funkin' down the Track

Likes (Received): 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror's Edge View Post
it's true they don't stop every car but what custom do that? NK- China maybe!
That is still the rule at the vast majority of the border crossings outside of Europe. Every person has to leave the car, pass emigration, immigration and customs. At most of those land borders that I crossed there, I had to take all luggage with me to customs. In one or two instances luggage could be left in the car (where it would be subjected to checks if considered necessary by customs). The car typically needs to be taken across the border separately. The driver should obtain individual clearance to have the gates opened. So yes, every car is then stopped.

Within Europe, don't underestimate the thoroughness of the checks at the borders of Russia. There is paper work to be completed and a lot of visitors will need visa, so I reckon that every car is stopped even at busy crossings.
Old January 1st, 2014, 04:06 PM   #9109
OulaL

I was also stopped at the Øresund bridge (Sweden-bound) last summer and had my car searched.

By the way, if Denmark reinstitutes id checks (which it may temporarily do even under Schengen agreement), will those take place here? The toll plaza is on Swedish soil after all. It would be a practical place to stop all the traffic since a big part of it (those without the electronic tag) will be stopped anyway, but do the Danish have authority there?

If all traffic is stopped again on the Danish side, that would probably mean queues in the tunnel - a situation undesired by all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror's Edge View Post
Yeah it's true they don't stop every car but what custom do that? NK- China maybe!
Finland-Russia to begin with.

Last edited by OulaL; January 2nd, 2014 at 07:50 AM.
OulaL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2014, 05:04 PM   #9110
an-148

Quote:
Originally Posted by OulaL View Post

By the way, if Denmark reinstitutes customs checks (which it may temporarily do even under Schengen agreement)
no, it may not, because Schengen is a police treaty and has no say on customs matters ............
Old January 1st, 2014, 06:34 PM   #9111
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

So it's allowed to do customs checks. It has nothing to do with free movement. The French and Germans do random customs checks all the time.
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2014, 12:45 AM   #9112
nickolai

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
It is manned. When I was there last year there were Italian and Swiss frontier agents in the booths.
I meant at that time I was there it was unmanned. Didn't mean permanently. We crossed over 3 times that week and it was unmanned everytime.

g.spinoza liked this post
nickolai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2014, 02:16 AM   #9113
Corvinus
License plate spotter

Likes (Received): 1190

Driving into Gibraltar from La Linea
Dec. 2013

Corvinus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2014, 02:27 AM   #9114
erxgli

Likes (Received): 17

Asia-Europe border in Russia

georgekemkas, Zagor666 liked this post
erxgli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2014, 07:50 AM   #9115
OulaL

Quote:
Originally Posted by an-148 View Post
no, it may not, because Schengen is a police treaty and has no say on customs matters ............
Sorry, I meant id checks.
OulaL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2014, 08:20 AM   #9116
MattiG

Likes (Received): 614

Quote:
Originally Posted by OulaL View Post
By the way, if Denmark reinstitutes id checks (which it may temporarily do even under Schengen agreement), will those take place here? The toll plaza is on Swedish soil after all. It would be a practical place to stop all the traffic since a big part of it (those without the electronic tag) will be stopped anyway, but do the Danish have authority there?
Why would not they have? I think all of the land border stations at the intra-Nordic borders are operated by one country only. This happens under a mutual agreement between the countries. Most probably there is an agreement authorizing the Swedish authorities acting on behalf of Denmark, and allowing the Danish authorities to operate on designated areas in Sweden.

In general, the Schengen agreement makes it possible for the member counties to 'conclude bilateral agreements to channel and block traffic' at the borders. (Schengen Borders Code, Annex 6).
MattiG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2014, 12:45 PM   #9117
Skyline_

Likes (Received): 985

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_UK View Post
So it's allowed to do customs checks. It has nothing to do with free movement. The French and Germans do random customs checks all the time.
....which is completely different from stopping each and every car, in order to check passports, search the car etc.

Hell, even the Greece-Bulgaria border officers check only the passports for a second. Bulgaria is not even in the Schengen Area yet.
"Aristarchus [310 BC – 230 BC] has brought out a book consisting of certain hypotheses: His hypotheses are that the fixed stars and the Sun remain unmoved, that the Earth revolves about the Sun on the circumference of a circle." (Archimedes 287 BC –  212 BC).
http://www.pepkm.gr/web/guest/en_home
http://cor.europa.eu/en/regions/page...berList=Member
http://www.pkm.gov.gr/
Skyline_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2014, 01:11 PM   #9118
volodaaaa

Likes (Received): 1748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline_ View Post
....which is completely different from stopping each and every car, in order to check passports, search the car etc.

Hell, even the Greece-Bulgaria border officers check only the passports for a second. Bulgaria is not even in the Schengen Area yet.
So you are telling us, that disinfection pits and "take-a-card-hand-in-a-card" games are gone?

Skyline_ liked this post
volodaaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2014, 04:02 PM   #9119
markfos
San Escobar

Likes (Received): 4283

Poland - Germany, bicycle path.

cinxxx, dawid_silesia, Rombi liked this post
markfos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2014, 05:51 PM   #9120
italystf

Likes (Received): 2183

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodaaaa View Post
So you are telling us, that disinfection pits and "take-a-card-hand-in-a-card" games are gone?
What??!!
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways