daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 30th, 2014, 04:07 PM   #9481
Singidunum
Grad Oblakodera

Likes (Received): 16175

Quote:
Originally Posted by alserrod View Post
Where was the case of crossing twice a border to go to school?
I think it wasn't far away from there, was it?
Nestin in Serbia

Potpišite peticiju protiv rušenja Generalštaba!
Singidunum no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 30th, 2014, 04:39 PM   #9482
Alex_ZR

Likes (Received): 4006

Yes, I posted that once few months ago. Graphic display:

From Neštin to Bačka Palanka and back...too many passport stamps.
Alex_ZR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2014, 04:50 PM   #9483
eucitizen

Likes (Received): 20

They could make one border crossing before entering Ilok, so the serbs could go through that stretch witouht controls. But I understand the sensitive issue there.
Anyway I hear they are going to build a bridge, rght?
Old January 30th, 2014, 05:04 PM   #9484
darko06

Likes (Received): 149

Quote:
Originally Posted by eucitizen View Post
They could make one border crossing before entering Ilok, so the serbs could go through that stretch witouht controls. But I understand the sensitive issue there.
If you understand the sensitiveness of the issue, then try to avoid redistributing territory of other countries. Would you allow that some stranger do change borders of your country?
darko06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2014, 05:09 PM   #9485
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2114

Eucitizen's proposal didn't include the redistribution of territories...
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2014, 05:12 PM   #9486
alserrod
Bienvenue ŕ Saragosse

The easiest way is a free-duty road. Something like in Mulhouse or Geneva airports (and somewhere else too)... but do Croatians want to move anything for it?

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2014, 05:21 PM   #9487
darko06

Likes (Received): 149

Quote:
The easiest way is a free-duty road. Something like in Mulhouse or Geneva airports (and somewhere else too)... but do Croatians want to move anything for it?
You obviously didn't get it. Croatia will probably enter Schengen in 2016 and every duty-free access will be impossible after that.

If I would be Serbian, I would be proud that I can pass through the EU every day.
darko06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2014, 05:26 PM   #9488
Nikkodemo
ˇˇPueblaball!!

Likes (Received): 87694

Another example is when several people of Juarez, Mexico goes to El Paso, USA for working.

Instagram: nikkodemo_
ˇˇˇ11 Ańos en SkyscraperCity!!!
Nikkodemo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2014, 05:27 PM   #9489
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko06 View Post
You obviously didn't get it. Croatia will probably enter Schengen in 2016 and every duty-free access will be impossible after that.

If I would be Serbian, I would be proud that I can pass through the EU every day.

Maybe you don't know the history of osimska cesta...
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2014, 05:38 PM   #9490
alserrod
Bienvenue ŕ Saragosse

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko06 View Post

But... Switzerland had them into France (or conversely) before Schengen

Old January 30th, 2014, 05:43 PM   #9491
Palance
Autosnelwegen.net

Likes (Received): 277

What about building a school in Neštin?

On the other hand, even East-Germany had transit-routes, it should be possible here as well.
Old January 30th, 2014, 05:44 PM   #9492
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Likes (Received): 781

Back to Point Roberts, I believe I read its population is too small for a high school, so students of that age are bused around the bay, through Canada, to the nearest U.S. high school.

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
AB BC MB NB NS ON PE QC SK ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Penn's Woods no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2014, 06:39 PM   #9493
Singidunum
Grad Oblakodera

Likes (Received): 16175

Quote:
Originally Posted by eucitizen View Post
The problem for them is really not the control but passport stamps. If the EU would allow Croatia not to stamp their passports or if Serbia would allow them to get new passports quickly and free of charge. Another solution would be to introduce border passes, like those Ukrainians living in border villages show when they go to Poland, Slovakia and Hungary. It's a huge financial issue for people from that poor village to get for them rather expensive passports every few weeks. It also takes time to issue passports. There are also talks to make an ID card valid for travel to Croatia like Croatia had with Slovenia and Italy before joining the EU and like Serbia already has with Bosnia, Montenegro and Macedonia. That would also solve the problem. More expensive solutions are building a new bridge and new school.

Corridor road is also a possibility. Croatia is negotiating a corridor road for Neum. Closed off road that would connect two parts of Croatia via Bosnian territory. In turn Croatia would have to build a new road for Bosnia to connect it with Neum as now the only normal road to Neum from Bosnia goes via Metkovic in Croatia Although a few weeks ago bypass bridge around Neum has been restarted, Croatia hopes that the EU will foot the bill. It's all nonsense really, that whole region is populated by Croats, there is nothing to bypass, border crossing is lax as it gets and Bosnia is expected to join the EU some day in the next 10-15 years when this closed off corridor would be opened for all traffic. Simplest and cheapest solution by far would be to simply just give Neum to Croatia but given how this could be sensitive in Bosnia it's not discussed.

But just because Croatia is involved in negotiations with Bosnia with such a proposals doesn't mean they would accept the same ideas in Ilok. I say this because Croatia wants to draw a border with Slovenia based on the principle that the border runs though the middle of the river flow. But with Serbia they are offering a cadastral solution, the one Slovenia proposes to them and that they are fighting. This has already been pointed out to Croatia by both sides, that you can't have it both ways, but we'll see.

I think by far the simplest solution is to stop stamping their passports.

Potpišite peticiju protiv rušenja Generalštaba!

Last edited by Singidunum; January 30th, 2014 at 06:53 PM.
Singidunum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2014, 06:41 PM   #9494
italystf

Likes (Received): 2186

A bridge between Backa Palanka and Nestin would be the easiest solution.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.

darko06 liked this post
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2014, 06:41 PM   #9495
alserrod
Bienvenue ŕ Saragosse

Why is it mandatory to stamp passports? (either when they are going to be under Croatian territory just for a while...)

Old January 30th, 2014, 06:42 PM   #9496
alserrod
Bienvenue ŕ Saragosse

A free road would be the cheapest... even in Serbia doesn't want to built it (ot cannot afford), it would save money on customs)

Old January 30th, 2014, 06:44 PM   #9497
italystf

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
Maybe you don't know the history of osimska cesta...
Or this.
There were similar roads between Holland and Germany even before Schengen, don't know the exact location though (a link would be appreciated).
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
Old January 30th, 2014, 06:47 PM   #9498
italystf

Quote:
Why is it mandatory to stamp passports? (either when they are going to be under Croatian territory just for a while...)
EU laws. Citizens of all countries, but EU, Norway, Iceland, Switzerland and Liechtenstein need passport to enter EU.
There were particular exceptions too, for example Croats before joining EU were able to visit Italy, Slovenia and Hungary with ID only (but not other EU countries). Maybe they will do something similar to Serbs, when Serbia will be closer to the EU.
Old January 30th, 2014, 07:03 PM   #9499
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Likes (Received): 11831

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
Maybe they will do something similar to Serbs, when Serbia will be closer to the EU.
isnt such a regulation already implemented? i have crossed the serbian border several times with my hungarian ID.
JackFrost no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2014, 07:07 PM   #9500
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singidunum View Post
But just because Croatia is involved in negotiations with Bosnia with such a proposals doesn't mean they would accept the same ideas in Ilok. I say this because Croatia wants to draw a border with Slovenia based on the principle that the border runs though the middle of the river flow. But with Serbia they are offering a cadastral solution, the one Slovenia proposes to them and that they are fighting. This has already been pointed out to Croatia by both sides, that you can't have it both ways, but we'll see.
No, it's the other way around: Slovenia wants border on rivers, Croatia wants cadastre (except by the sea where it's inhabited by people).
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways