daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 31st, 2014, 01:09 AM   #9521
Festin
Changeable constant

Likes (Received): 1458

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
EU citizens can enter all Balkan countries with ID only, citizens of those countries need passport to enter EU.

I know that Serbia wants to join EU, but what will they do with the Kosovo issue? Serbia doesn't recognize it while most of EU countries do. Will Kosovo have the same status of Northern Cyprus (territory legally part of an EU country but not controlled by it)? However Northern Cyprus is different, since it's recognized only by Turkey and all EU countries regards it as a part of the Republic of Cyprus, while in the case of Serbia, some EU country recognizes Kosovo as part of Serbia while most don't.
(I just asked an international law curiosity, I don't want to offend anyone, I'm not Serbian, Kosovan or Albanian, so I don't care if Kosovo is independent or not or if Serbia joins EU or not).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singidunum View Post
It's part of the negotiations, they will have to find some creative solution. But it's not really relevant when it comes to border crossings, pretty much everyone in Kosovo has Serbian passports. But large parts of Croatia were in the same limbo as Kosovo today when citizens of Croatia could travel without any hindrance to Italy or Slovenia, so I don't see Kosovo affecting the problems of Nestin residents in any way
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
One question: how is done today the check at the Serbia - Kosovo border? Since Kosovo view themselves as a separate state I guess they act like any other country at the border check on their side. But what about Serbia, which still sees Kosovo as part of it? Do they have border checks there?

No not most kosvoans has serbian passport because it does not fulfill any purpose. Maybe serbians in Kosovo and some random albanian but that is far from most of them.

The border is consider "administrative" by serbians just like back in Titos days. When a high official would visit the Belgrad police did not have the right to cross the border between Serbia and Kosovo. Instead Kosovo police took over the protection duty. The police was of serbian etnicity obviously. Just like state cops in US.

But custom control are being made both by Kosovo and Serbia at their border. Do not know if anyone of you have traveled between Albania and Montenegro. At their border you have Albanians and Montenegro customs sitting in the same passport control and helping each other. That is what EU want to do with Serbia and Kosovo.
Because lets face, the war is not over and already there are plans in motion to unite the countries under EU flag, even though Kosovo will have to wait some more years then Serbia.

But because of the condition of the road in the serbian part to the border between Kosovo and Serbia, I would not recommend crossing those border. Especially if you are not familiar to the territory. It is much better to go through macedonia and avoid problems when going back to serbia.

Kosovo will not be considered as a part of Serbia when Serbia does enter EU. And I do not say this because I am an albanian and want to make a statement here, but because they simply do not control that territory and therefor can not be held responsible for the action in that country.

If you ever order a Green Card insurance, you will see that it says that the insurance is only valid in area controlled by the Serbian Government and as such the insurance is not valid in Kosovo. So you need to buy an extra insurance in Kosovo for like 50 euro for 1 month.

The only place where Cyprus example can be applied in Kosovo is actually about the northern part of Kosovo. Being a serbian majority there, the Kosovo Government have found it hard to enforce the law there. Just like Cyprus and the northern part with Turkish people.

But you already have serbians, albanians, bosnians and macedonians in Eu. So letting those people in EU does not really change anything. Of course many of them would like to improve their daily life but in exchange EU would not have it hard to cease control over their land.

It will not be long before you can take your care and travel to the coast of Greek, Albania or Croatia and leave your passport at home

Gizzan liked this post
Festin no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 31st, 2014, 01:19 AM   #9522
Singidunum
Grad Oblakodera

Likes (Received): 16177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festin View Post
No not most kosvoans has serbian passport
Stopped reading right there. You know why

Potpišite peticiju protiv rušenja Generalštaba!
Singidunum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2014, 01:28 AM   #9523
Kanadzie

Likes (Received): 748

Quote:
Maybe... some random albanian
Kanadzie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2014, 08:14 AM   #9524
Palance
Autosnelwegen.net

Likes (Received): 277

Quote:
Originally Posted by alserrod View Post

Andorra, San Marino, Monaco, Vatican city and so on haven't customs to check every citizen that entry in the EU...
Is it possible to enter RSM and AND with a helicopter? If so, then they should have customs.
Old January 31st, 2014, 09:16 AM   #9525
alserrod
Bienvenue ŕ Saragosse

Not to AND (they have but only for emergencies. They wanna have a little airport which should be located in Spain and nearest railway station is in France).

There is barely control for citizens and for any EU citizen an ID card is enough.

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2014, 09:25 AM   #9526
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2122

San Marino does have a small airport-heliport, not sure if open for regular traffic.
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2014, 02:35 PM   #9527
Singidunum
Grad Oblakodera

Apparently helicopters are not allowed to fly in from outside Schengen.

Old January 31st, 2014, 02:37 PM   #9528
Ermir

Likes (Received): 2814

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
(I just asked ).
http://www.ansa.it/europa/notizie/ru...e_9533573.html
Old January 31st, 2014, 04:00 PM   #9529
alserrod
Bienvenue ŕ Saragosse

Ceuta has a helicopter base and managed by the same public entreprise than almost all Spanish airports. They have only flights to Malaga airport and they have to entry in international waters...

Old January 31st, 2014, 08:22 PM   #9530
Festin
Changeable constant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanadzie View Post
Quote:
Stopped reading right there. You know why

No, I do not know why Singidunum. I do not know you and there for have very little chance to read your mind or understand your actions. You are more then welcome to explain why you stopped reading here or via pm if you would like.

I am from Kosovo and have family down there, so it would make sense for me to know if the majority down there does have Serbian passports or not. And they do not.
The majority of Kosovans that has the money to travel abroad, makes their vacation in Albania. And even if they would obtain visa to get to EU countries they would be able to use Kosovo Passports and take the flight from Prishtina or Skopje.

It would not surprise me if people from the serbian etnicity in Kosovo does possess Serbian passport but that is not more then 4 % of the population.
There may also be albanians and other ethnicities that tries to get a hold on Serbian passport in order to get to EU easier, but if that was the case you would not see people trying to get to EU illegally...And they could just as easily try to get a hold of Albanians Passport.

So no, not most of Kosovans does have Serbian Passport. But if it makes you happier to believe it, then go ahead.

To the other I invite you to send an email to your respective Department of Foreign Affairs or to an familiar Embassy located in Prishtina, if you still believe in Singidunum.
Old January 31st, 2014, 08:57 PM   #9531
volodaaaa

Likes (Received): 1756

Quote:
No, I do not know why Singidunum. I do not know you and there for have very little chance to read your mind or understand your actions. You are more then welcome to explain why you stopped reading here or via pm if you would like.

I am from Kosovo and have family down there, so it would make sense for me to know if the majority down there does have Serbian passports or not. And they do not.
The majority of Kosovans that has the money to travel abroad, makes their vacation in Albania. And even if they would obtain visa to get to EU countries they would be able to use Kosovo Passports and take the flight from Prishtina or Skopje.

It would not surprise me if people from the serbian etnicity in Kosovo does possess Serbian passport but that is not more then 4 % of the population.
There may also be albanians and other ethnicities that tries to get a hold on Serbian passport in order to get to EU easier, but if that was the case you would not see people trying to get to EU illegally...And they could just as easily try to get a hold of Albanians Passport.

So no, not most of Kosovans does have Serbian Passport. But if it makes you happier to believe it, then go ahead.

To the other I invite you to send an email to your respective Department of Foreign Affairs or to an familiar Embassy located in Prishtina, if you still believe in Singidunum.
Well, my classmate has told me, that if you enter Serbia through Kosovo, the Serbian border police will not let you leave the country on another exit check. But I have not experienced Serbian border policemen browsing my passport so I don't know how can they figure out either I have Kosovian stamp there or not.

volodaaaa está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2014, 09:17 PM   #9532
italystf

Likes (Received): 2186

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodaaaa View Post
Well, my classmate has told me, that if you enter Serbia through Kosovo, the Serbian border police will not let you leave the country on another exit check. But I have not experienced Serbian border policemen browsing my passport so I don't know how can they figure out either I have Kosovian stamp there or not.
As EU citizen you can use your ID instead of your passport and it leaves no traces.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2014, 09:53 PM   #9533
eucitizen

Likes (Received): 20

But you need the passport to enter Kosovo.
Old January 31st, 2014, 09:56 PM   #9534
bogdymol
bogdymod

Yes, you use your passport in Kosovo and the ID card in Serbia. Doing it this way the Serbian authorities can't find out that you were in Kosovo (no stamps on ID card).
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2014, 12:03 AM   #9535
volodaaaa

Likes (Received): 1756

Quote:
Yes, you use your passport in Kosovo and the ID card in Serbia. Doing it this way the Serbian authorities can't find out that you were in Kosovo (no stamps on ID card).
Sorry for being curious, but I still have not found out, how can Serbian policeman know, whether I was in Kosovo or not. My passport has 32 pages and I have never seen Serbian policeman browsing it all. During my last visit in Serbia, the border guard just looked on the personal information page and let me go. My passport could have been full of Kosovan stamps, he surely would have not found it out.

volodaaaa está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2014, 12:29 AM   #9536
Festin
Changeable constant

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodaaaa View Post
Sorry for being curious, but I still have not found out, how can Serbian policeman know, whether I was in Kosovo or not. My passport has 32 pages and I have never seen Serbian policeman browsing it all. During my last visit in Serbia, the border guard just looked on the personal information page and let me go. My passport could have been full of Kosovan stamps, he surely would have not found it out.
It is no problem getting in to Kosovo from Serbia or by flight(not 100% about flight).

But if you would travel to Kosovo through the border with Macedonia, Albania or Montenegro it may cause problem.
This is if you for example travel back from Kosovo through the borders with Serbia and then cross the Serbian border with Hungary or Croatia. Probably all other borders aswell.

This is because Serbia consider Kosovo to be a "black" spot, regarding traveling. Because they do not recognize Kosovos borders with Macedonia, Albania and Montenegro you are technically entering Serbia illegally according to them. That is why no big navigation gives you road tip to cross any border with Serbia and Kosovo. So you can enter Serbia "legally".

But I have "heard" that EU citizen with ID card have not have any problem flying in to Prishtina and then going back to EU through serbia.
Because they did not have any stamps on the ID's.

But I do not know, does not borders police register entering and exiting in to an international register? Because they software seem to be the same?
Old February 1st, 2014, 12:51 AM   #9537
alserrod
Bienvenue ŕ Saragosse

Quote:
And what about if you have asked for a new passport?. No stamps on it, isn't it?

Old February 1st, 2014, 12:59 AM   #9538
Singidunum
Grad Oblakodera

Quote:
No, I do not know why Singidunum.
Read the names of passports issued at the consulate in Bern http://dijaspora.wordpress.com/2012/...e-srbije-bern/

Or ask anyone who travelled around Europe on flights from/to Kosovo. Simply everyone has Serbian passports because Serbian passports provide you with visa-free travel that Kosovo passports don't.

And you don't have to feel threatened by this. Let me tell you, everyone in Serbia with the most remote basis for that, including all refugees who were cleansed out of Croatia, and who hate Croatia with all their guts, have - guess what? Croatian passports. They didn't have to sit for any visas from 1991 to 2009. Sure you could get a visa with Serbian passport like you could with Kosovan now, but why bother is the philosophy.

Quote:
I trust you about you and your immediate family. Why? Because I think I might have the legal right for Croatian passport yet I don't have it. BUT I don't claim that the majority of people with that right don't have it too, I know they do. The same goes for Albanians from Kosovo, OK you don't have it, but there is a reason why consuls of Serbia in the west are Albanians, there is a reason why the consular service at the MFA is headed by an Albanian, there is a reason why you see all the red passports on flights from Pristina to the EU. It's about being practical.

Quote:
All Serbs in Kosovo of course have Serbian passports, not some. But also over 70% of Albanians do as well. Look at the statistics. Bragging about it though is probably not acceptable hence you don't know about your neighbours.

Quote:
Albanian nationality law excludes people from Kosovo from obtaining the citizenship. On the other hand Serbian passports, they don't have to do anything illegally, and "try to get a hold on". They have two options, one that is harder and requires bribe and was popular in 2009 and 2010 before the embassies were equipped with biometric collection machines, was to get a residence in Nis, and then get a passport that doesn't mention Kosovo (passports that are issued for residents of Kosovo - under name Coordination directorate - do not have a visa-free regime with the EU). But ever since the embassies got the necessary equipment, well you can see in that link above. Nowadays they don't even mention the names on the lists at the consulate website because Belgrade media made a scandal out of the passport hand out. But there is nothing illegal about it, they are Serbian citizens like everybody else.

Old February 1st, 2014, 01:11 AM   #9539
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4752

Croatian company extending into Slovenia.

http://goo.gl/maps/bWhEl
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2014, 01:11 AM   #9540
Alex_ZR

Likes (Received): 4016

Quote:
Or ask anyone who travelled around Europe on flights from/to Kosovo. Simply everyone has Serbian passports because Serbian passports provide you with visa-free travel that Kosovo passports don't.
Quote:
People born in Kosovo or otherwise legally settled in Kosovo are by law considered Serbian nationals and as such they are entitled to Serbian passport. However, these passports are not issued by the Serbian Ministry of the Interior. Instead they are issued by the Serbian Coordination Directorate. These particular passports do not allow the holder to enter the Schengen Area without a visa for a stay of less than three months within half a year, while Serbian citizens with passports issued by the Serbian Ministry of the Interior enjoy such a privilege. Bearers of passports issued by the Serbian Coordination Directorate require Schengen visa for travel to Schengen area since they are not covered by the Annex II list of countries allowed visa free entry to the Schengen Area.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serbian_passport
Alex_ZR no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways