daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old February 1st, 2014, 01:11 AM   #9541
italystf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,447
Likes (Received): 2183

Quote:
Originally Posted by alserrod View Post
And what about if you have asked for a new passport?. No stamps on it, isn't it?
Sure. Many people ask for a new passport to visit Arab countries after visiting Israel.
__________________
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 1st, 2014, 01:20 AM   #9542
Kanadzie
Registered User
 
Kanadzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 2,371
Likes (Received): 746

But Israeli will happily not stamp or stamp a piece of paper instead of passport for such reason.
Kanadzie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2014, 01:23 AM   #9543
Singidunum
Grad Oblakodera
 
Singidunum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Beograd
Posts: 35,539
Likes (Received): 16168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_ZR View Post
As I've said they just obtained them in Nis at first, and now at consulates.
__________________
Like Skyscrapercity Serbian Forum on Facebook

Potpišite peticiju protiv rušenja Generalštaba!
Singidunum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2014, 01:27 AM   #9544
Singidunum
Grad Oblakodera
 
Singidunum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Beograd
Posts: 35,539
Likes (Received): 16168

Quote:
Originally Posted by alserrod View Post
And what about if you have asked for a new passport?. No stamps on it, isn't it?
Why bother? They will just stamp your Kosovo stamps over with a new stamp that says "ПОНИШТЕНО - ANNULE". There is nothing more to it, you won't be banned, or hassled in any way. They don't have a problem with you but with stamps.

With Arabs it's purely ideological. Some countries allow for a 2nd valid passport if you are travelling to Arab world and have an Israeli stamp in your first passport, or if you simply frequently visit that region, but I think most countries don't have a provision on a 2nd valid passport. At least Serbia does not.
__________________
Like Skyscrapercity Serbian Forum on Facebook

Potpišite peticiju protiv rušenja Generalštaba!
Singidunum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2014, 01:58 AM   #9545
Festin
Changeable constant
 
Festin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Antarctica, North Pole
Posts: 3,015
Likes (Received): 1458

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singidunum View Post
Read the names of passports issued at the consulate in Bern http://dijaspora.wordpress.com/2012/...e-srbije-bern/

Or ask anyone who travelled around Europe on flights from/to Kosovo. Simply everyone has Serbian passports because Serbian passports provide you with visa-free travel that Kosovo passports don't.

And you don't have to feel threatened by this. Let me tell you, everyone in Serbia with the most remote basis for that, including all refugees who were cleansed out of Croatia, and who hate Croatia with all their guts, have - guess what? Croatian passports. They didn't have to sit for any visas from 1991 to 2009. Sure you could get a visa with Serbian passport like you could with Kosovan now, but why bother is the philosophy.



I trust you about you and your immediate family. Why? Because I think I might have the legal right for Croatian passport yet I don't have it. BUT I don't claim that the majority of people with that right don't have it too, I know they do. The same goes for Albanians from Kosovo, OK you don't have it, but there is a reason why consuls of Serbia in the west are Albanians, there is a reason why the consular service at the MFA is headed by an Albanian, there is a reason why you see all the red passports on flights from Pristina to the EU. It's about being practical.




All Serbs in Kosovo of course have Serbian passports, not some. But also over 70% of Albanians do as well. Look at the statistics. Bragging about it though is probably not acceptable hence you don't know about your neighbours.



Albanian nationality law excludes people from Kosovo from obtaining the citizenship. On the other hand Serbian passports, they don't have to do anything illegally, and "try to get a hold on". They have two options, one that is harder and requires bribe and was popular in 2009 and 2010 before the embassies were equipped with biometric collection machines, was to get a residence in Nis, and then get a passport that doesn't mention Kosovo (passports that are issued for residents of Kosovo - under name Coordination directorate - do not have a visa-free regime with the EU). But ever since the embassies got the necessary equipment, well you can see in that link above. Nowadays they don't even mention the names on the lists at the consulate website because Belgrade media made a scandal out of the passport hand out. But there is nothing illegal about it, they are Serbian citizens like everybody else.
Well you make a fair point of your argument, Singidunum.
The reason because I argue against your point is not because I feel threatened by it since a passport is only a piece of paper at the end. If it can help a kid survive or get medical care in another country who I am to decline them that right.

No, I argue against you because you say most Kosovans possess Serbian Passports. And that is simply not the case.

1. The majority of the Kosovo people, including all ethnicities,simply does not possess any kind of passport.
2. They do not afford to get an passport since it cost 30-50 euro? It is simply not something you can afford to have in the drawer waiting for the "lucky day". You only get a passport if you are planning to use it.
3. Since most Kosovans does not have the money to move locally or to go for a vacation they simply do not get a passport.
4. You can travel to Serbia with ID card, to Albania with ID card, do not know if it is the same case with Macedonia and Montenegro but that makes passport useless for many if they do not plan to go further then that.
5. Not even the majority of the Kosovans does actally go for a vacation, having a salary with 200 euro for a month. You do not have much left when you have a family to feed. Hence no vacation and no passport...

People having passport would probably not tell it, but I see it with my own eyes every year. Their biggest concern are not getting a passport nor seeking a luxury life, Singidunum. Their concern is about keeping their jobs and not making sure their families have food and a roof above their heads...
Their are people trying to get to the west and seeking a better life, but far from all can leave families behind these days so they not many compared to population.

I do not say that they are not Kosovans that does not have Serbian Passport because that would be impossible.
But 100, 1000, 10 000 or 100 000 does not describe the most or majority of the Kosovans.
There used to be many people living in the west with Serbian Passport but after Kosovos Independence declaration many of them changed to either Kosovo Passport or sought for citizenship in their respective countries.

And if the link from wikipedia is true then their is no reason to possess a Serbian passport as a Kosovan.

Actually it must have been some years ago I saw a Kosovan with serbian passport, I get surprised every time I see them travling with Kosovan Passport.

And one more thing, Singidunum. If you as an Kosovo-Albanian would possess a Serbian Passport. You would automatically recognize the Serbian law over you. It means Serbia can do what ever they want with you if they think you broke a law, and you can not seek help.

But as a citizen of Kosovo it is a little different, even though Kosovo is not a strong country in any aspect and no matter Serbias view on Kosovo. They simply can not do whatever they want with a person holding a Kosovo Passport. At least not to often...


There may be many Kosovans with Serbians Passport out there, but not even close of most nor the majority. Maybe a large amount of those actually possessing some kind of travel documentation does have a Serbian passport but that is also far from the most or majority.

The world is changing Singidunum, it is not like it used to be. People are learning good sides and bad sides with passports. They know the power the passport holds depending on which country issued it.


For brittish people or those interested in brittish passport.
Some weeks ago a friend of mine got a visit from his relative in England.
He checked his passport and said something impressive.
On the front page of the passport you could read something like this:
"May the holder of this documentation be granted access to all territories
and are not be stopped. If asked for help he shall be granted it.
By the power of the Queen.."

Something like that, I think it was an older passport one but still, impressive how you would have it written it there...
Festin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2014, 02:19 AM   #9546
Kanadzie
Registered User
 
Kanadzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 2,371
Likes (Received): 746

What does your passport say? Mine is basically the same but instead of "Queen" it is only, minister of foreign affairs (sounds less impressive...)
Kanadzie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2014, 02:22 AM   #9547
Singidunum
Grad Oblakodera
 
Singidunum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Beograd
Posts: 35,539
Likes (Received): 16168

Well Festin that's a different thing. I wasn't talking about economically deprived people, I was talking about people who travel. But yes, it's true, in the Balkans majority of people can't afford to travel much. But with low-cost and all those relatives to visit, many people can go to Switzerland for an example for under 100 euros. Why add 60 euros for a visa, if it's not necessary. Not to mention that if you are unemployed or with such a low wage you might even be denied for a visa. Getting a passport is simpler and that's what people who travel do. As for holding a passport of some state = that state can do whatever it wants with you, maybe in Africa somewhere, but not in countries that are in Council of Europe with pretty strict rules on human rights. As for the world changing, the first passports saying Serbia on them were issued in late 2008. So there is little truth to that, it's simply impossible for anyone in Kosovo to still hold an old passport before independence was declared because believe it or not Serbia issued passports saying FR Yugoslavia all the way until late 2008. As for minority, majority - anyone can open that link, read the names and judge it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanadzie View Post
What does your passport say? Mine is basically the same but instead of "Queen" it is only, minister of foreign affairs (sounds less impressive...)
Serbia does not have a message in the passport. Yugoslav passports also didn't bear a message. There is however a typo in English on the last page where it says to return the passport to the nearest diplomatic or consular office. It says "of" instead of "or"

__________________
Like Skyscrapercity Serbian Forum on Facebook

Potpišite peticiju protiv rušenja Generalštaba!

Last edited by Singidunum; February 1st, 2014 at 02:31 AM.
Singidunum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2014, 03:04 PM   #9548
x-type
con los terroristas
 
x-type's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bjelovar [HR]
Posts: 13,465
Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
Croatian company extending into Slovenia.

http://goo.gl/maps/bWhEl
crap. this cancels theory of large Slovenian export
__________________
Svaki dan sanjam autobahn...

Verso liked this post
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2014, 03:12 PM   #9549
Singidunum
Grad Oblakodera
 
Singidunum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Beograd
Posts: 35,539
Likes (Received): 16168

How does that work? Did they get some special permission? On the other side they built a bridge http://goo.gl/maps/IDp3q
__________________
Like Skyscrapercity Serbian Forum on Facebook

Potpišite peticiju protiv rušenja Generalštaba!
Singidunum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2014, 06:35 PM   #9550
Kanadzie
Registered User
 
Kanadzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 2,371
Likes (Received): 746

There is an amusing French movie that came out some time ago, about border guards between Belgium and France around the time Schengen came into force. The Belgian is nationalist and in the night goes with his son to take the "BE - FR" official post and moves it some km into France thereby making Belgium larger
Kanadzie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2014, 06:41 PM   #9551
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 6,241
Likes (Received): 779

Is that "Rien ŕ déclarer"? I have it sitting on my DVR waiting to be watched (thanks to getting TV5 here and having studied French since 1976).
__________________
I didn't vote for him....

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
AB BC MB NB NS ON PE QC SK ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL

Last edited by Penn's Woods; February 1st, 2014 at 07:10 PM.
Penn's Woods no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2014, 07:03 PM   #9552
Kanadzie
Registered User
 
Kanadzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 2,371
Likes (Received): 746

yes, I found it amusing
Kanadzie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2014, 07:14 PM   #9553
Verso
Islander
 
Verso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ljubljana
Posts: 22,086
Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singidunum View Post
How does that work? Did they get some special permission? On the other side they built a bridge http://goo.gl/maps/IDp3q
Yes, because there's lack of space on the Croatian side. Btw, this was built after independence.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2014, 07:22 PM   #9554
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 6,241
Likes (Received): 779

AND we're back to the Balkans. :-P
__________________
I didn't vote for him....

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
AB BC MB NB NS ON PE QC SK ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Penn's Woods no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2014, 07:25 PM   #9555
eucitizen
Registered User
 
eucitizen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: MO,A,BA,PP
Posts: 526
Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanadzie View Post
There is an amusing French movie that came out some time ago, about border guards between Belgium and France around the time Schengen came into force. The Belgian is nationalist and in the night goes with his son to take the "BE - FR" official post and moves it some km into France thereby making Belgium larger
It regards the coming into force of the vustom union and single market by 1st January 1993 and not Schengen. In fact in the film the "struggle" is between the french and belgian custom officers.
__________________
my clinched highways
eucitizen está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2014, 07:29 PM   #9556
Verso
Islander
 
Verso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ljubljana
Posts: 22,086
Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn's Woods View Post
AND we're back to the Balkans. :-P
It's a Balkan company extending into Central Europe.



(it's actually a Swiss company)
__________________
take a ride on slovenian highways

Singidunum liked this post
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2014, 07:54 PM   #9557
f.ostman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 22
Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
Croatian company extending into Slovenia.

http://goo.gl/maps/bWhEl
Interesting!

There are quite a few divided cities and towns around former Yugoslavia, especially along the river borders of HR and BiH, and also like this one with a very small river or just dry land. How were those places treated in Yugoslavia? I mean, were they separate municipalities (opština) since they were locatded in different republics? Did people consider, for instance, Hrvatska Dubica and Bosanska Dubica as ONE city?
f.ostman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2014, 08:05 PM   #9558
Singidunum
Grad Oblakodera
 
Singidunum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Beograd
Posts: 35,539
Likes (Received): 16168

Entering Russia from Belarus

http://goo.gl/maps/rs5Kh

http://goo.gl/maps/1Tmm6

Belarus from Russia

http://goo.gl/maps/Uv4nl

abandoned post

http://goo.gl/maps/xtm4L
__________________
Like Skyscrapercity Serbian Forum on Facebook

Potpišite peticiju protiv rušenja Generalštaba!
Singidunum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2014, 08:28 PM   #9559
x-type
con los terroristas
 
x-type's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bjelovar [HR]
Posts: 13,465
Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by f.ostman View Post
Interesting!

There are quite a few divided cities and towns around former Yugoslavia, especially along the river borders of HR and BiH, and also like this one with a very small river or just dry land. How were those places treated in Yugoslavia? I mean, were they separate municipalities (opština) since they were locatded in different republics? Did people consider, for instance, Hrvatska Dubica and Bosanska Dubica as ONE city?
no, not really, those cities were never considered as one (at least not those along HR-BIH border).
interesting thing is that city at one side is significantly larger in every case. maybe in the case of Kostajnica both places are similar size, but Gradiška, Šamac, Dubica - at BIH side there are cities, at HR side only villages. only in the case of Slavonski Brod / Bosanski Brod HR side has larger city.
__________________
Svaki dan sanjam autobahn...
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2014, 09:35 PM   #9560
piotr71
Registered User
 
piotr71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Beskidy
Posts: 4,300

[GB][F] Eurotunnel

In about 5:00 some good, female spoken French (for Penn's Woods maybe )

__________________

bogdymol, Moravian, Festin, Verso, geometarkv and 3 others liked this post
piotr71 no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
highways, motorways

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium