daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 31st, 2014, 12:02 AM   #12021
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1937

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
Yes, the only ATM in the world with istructions in Latin is in Vatican City, that is the only jurisdiction of the world that has Latin as co-official language.
It is in Latin... and in Comic Sans

Taken from Fronteras blog (in Spanish).
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.

Corvinus, devo, Verso, Palance, VITORIA MAN and 1 others liked this post
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 1st, 2015, 06:15 PM   #12022
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Slovenia -> Hungary
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2015, 06:34 PM   #12023
aubergine72

More like Slovenians can't into Hungary.
aubergine72 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2015, 07:10 PM   #12024
Verso
Islander

http://goo.gl/maps/7EjJ7

Slovenian signs on the Hungarian side of the road, Hungarian signs on the Slovenian side of the road. That Hungarian sign in Slovenia is particularly interesting, because I don't even know what it means. I guess "border control ahead", but that's been obsolete since 2007.
Old January 1st, 2015, 07:42 PM   #12025
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 411

It looks like a sign warning you that you might be stopped, but still - it's a very strange sign!

One thing I've never understood - why did they remove all the flags from border crossings? I always thought that the two national flags and the EU flag were a nice touch on many borders.
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2015, 07:45 PM   #12026
Eulanthe

https://www.google.si/maps/@46.98484...UdN9hZab_w!2e0 - here's a curious one. What's this "control" point for here? It seems to be active (the lights are on, the signage looks current).
Old January 2nd, 2015, 09:18 PM   #12027
haddockman

Likes (Received): 8

It is a weighbridge for commercial vehicles.
haddockman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2015, 09:24 PM   #12028
haddockman

Quote:
Originally Posted by OulaL View Post
Lots of railway tracks in Dublin port - nothing special about that, but they seem to run a long way along the street.

Are they used a lot? For what I remember from Helsinki (somewhat comparable to Dublin), not so long ago (before the completion of Vuosaari port) a train merely crossing the street on its way to the port caused big problems to the traffic in that part of the city centre.
Those tracks are part of the Alexandria Tramway. The only traffic it sees is the 3 daily Tara Mines ore trains from Navan, Co. Meath. The track is also used for taking delivery of new railway vehicles that arrive by ship.

And yes, each train causes a fair bit of disruption to road traffic.
haddockman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2015, 09:55 PM   #12029
los77
Obywatel Świata

Old border crossing ZWARDOŃ [PL] - SKALITE [SK]

Date of recording : 2014 12 25

In the film is the Polish expressway S69 - section Zwardoń - Milówka.

Music is my friend TASIOR2103 ( you can find it on Youtube)

PUNK ROCK Polska - kanał youtube .................................PUNK ROCK Polska - facebook ......................................................DK 16 - co,gdzie,kiedy ?

WB2010, Moravian, SRC_100, Alqaszar liked this post
los77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2015, 04:07 AM   #12030
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica

Likes (Received): 4063

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
On one side you have bad road and on the other you have nothing
Waste of money
Autoputevi kao hobi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2015, 04:35 AM   #12031
Verso
Islander

^ Why is the road on the Slovenian side bad? It's new and it's quite wide for a local road.

SRC_100 liked this post
Old January 3rd, 2015, 11:18 AM   #12032
HRHB

Likes (Received): 15

Source: kleinezeitung.at

Border Spielfeld - Šentilj (A - SLO) on 28th december. It was closed from half past 1 until half past 3 I think. Neither driver that come from B67 Grazer Straße nor driver from R-437 Dunajska cesta were allowed to cross it. Some kind of protests about paying taxes in both countries as some Slovenians work in Austria. The border on the A1 highway was not affected.

Last edited by HRHB; January 3rd, 2015 at 03:54 PM.
HRHB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2015, 11:29 PM   #12033
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
^ Why is the road on the Slovenian side bad? It's new and it's quite wide for a local road.
'Cause of dirt .
And from some reason i thought that this road is just going to sit there without finishing touches.
Old January 3rd, 2015, 11:45 PM   #12034
putzi__

Living in direct proximity to the NL-GER border I am crossing these borders (A37) quiet often. The Dutch government did start in I guess 2010 to build those camera bridges a few meters in the country on every major motorway. So far this is in accordance to the EU laws (they say). But frankly I am puzzled, every time I cross they take a picture of me – even if they claim to not save those photos…

Does anybody have any further info regarding this topic? Is such a system in place somewhere else in the EU?
putzi__ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2015, 12:05 AM   #12035
Verso
Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoputevi kao hobi View Post
'Cause of dirt .
According to the Slovenian law you must clean your wheels before entering a paved road. Of course no one does it. That road is used only by the people dirtying it anyway.
Old January 4th, 2015, 12:11 AM   #12036
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica

In Serbia too,but no one gives a shit about that.
Old January 4th, 2015, 02:15 AM   #12037
Eulanthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by putzi__ View Post
Living in direct proximity to the NL-GER border I am crossing these borders (A37) quiet often. The Dutch government did start in I guess 2010 to build those camera bridges a few meters in the country on every major motorway. So far this is in accordance to the EU laws (they say). But frankly I am puzzled, every time I cross they take a picture of me – even if they claim to not save those photos…

Does anybody have any further info regarding this topic? Is such a system in place somewhere else in the EU?
Finland does it routinely, as far as I know. I'm pretty certain (and it's confirmed by Street View) that all borders are monitored via camera, as well as other areas (such as the entrance/exit from the border zones). I think the French abandoned most controls on the Swiss border in exchange for cameras, and I've got a feeling that the Norwegian border is also controlled by camera. I would be hugely shocked if the UK wasn't monitoring every single port by camera, too. I suspect that every single external Schengen border crossing is equipped with cameras, too. Finally - it will be legal, as the Schengen Borders Code makes it clear that you must not be impeded when crossing the border, but it is silent on the issue of surveillance (as long as you don't have to slow down/stop for it).
Old January 4th, 2015, 05:41 AM   #12038
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

I was wanting to ask about that: is the 60 km/h limit at the Salzburg-Walsenberg crossing illegal?
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2015, 01:04 PM   #12039
Eulanthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_UK View Post
I was wanting to ask about that: is the 60 km/h limit at the Salzburg-Walsenberg crossing illegal?
According to the Schengen Borders Code, yes. There should be no artificial speed limits at borders, and it clearly states that obstructions to traffic should be removed quickly. It's what the EU used to force the French/Spanish to dismantle the old border crossing at La Jonquera, although they were clearly overdoing it with the 'random' checks there. But - if there's a vignette sales point there, and perhaps a Customs clearance station (there are a few 'internal' points in Austria, such as at Spielfeld) - then perhaps the 60km/h limit is justifiable.
Old January 4th, 2015, 01:37 PM   #12040
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

in the cases of Spain, France and someone more, those "vignettes" are toll booths. In all of them you are able to have an electronic payment system and cross them reducing to 40 but never stopping.
Therefore, it is nos possible to use them for random checks.

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways