daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old July 31st, 2015, 10:02 PM   #13381
Alex_ZR
Registered User
 
Alex_ZR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Zrenjanin
Posts: 2,902
Likes (Received): 3990

Old border crossing Horgoš-Röszke at Serbia-Hungary border was opened today for traffic. It will be alternative for those who don't want to pay toll or just want to avoid jams at main crossing.
__________________

SRC_100 liked this post
Alex_ZR no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 31st, 2015, 10:07 PM   #13382
volodaaaa
Registered User
 
volodaaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Bratislava, Slovakia
Posts: 3,230
Likes (Received): 1748

Any restrictions?
__________________
Been/drove my car in: SK, CZ, D, A, H, PL, I, F, E, RSM, CH, FL, SLO, HR, SRB, BiH, MK, GR, BG, RO

volodaaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2015, 10:10 PM   #13383
ChrisZwolle
Road user
 
ChrisZwolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zwolle
Posts: 43,575
Likes (Received): 19366

According to B92 it is only for passenger cars and it is open only from 700 to 1900 hrs. But it could be a nice alternative when all the Gastarbeiters drive through there.
__________________

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Alex_ZR, Singidunum liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2015, 10:13 PM   #13384
piotr71
Registered User
 
piotr71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Beskidy
Posts: 4,300

Well, this Monday I am going to cross Dover-Calais border...

__________________
piotr71 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2015, 11:06 PM   #13385
alserrod
Bienvenue ŕ Saragosse
 
alserrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Zaragoza
Posts: 59,743

Quote:
Originally Posted by verreme View Post
The French portal is so ugly. Generally speaking, the French have never cared much about this (road&rail) corridor.
Spanish side seems more modern but French side remembers railway tunnel which is paralel to it and entrance not far away
__________________
Ya ves que fuimos puente herido de abrazos detenidos por ver la libertad


(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2015, 08:13 PM   #13386
Eulanthe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,228
Likes (Received): 411

Update from the SLO/HR border.

Hahahahahahahhaa.

Sorry, I meant... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

What a complete and absolute joke. I can understand being waved through at Gruskovje/Macelj, but the same situation existed at Dobovec and Rogatec crossings too. I even watched a dog run through the border crossing without any sort of attempt to stop it! They seem to have abandoned any serious attempt at controlling it - when I went from Hum na Sutli back to Rogatec, they (as in both Croatian and Slovenian police) were far too busy having some sort of discussion about who knows what - with absolutely no attempt to do anything beyond a visual glance and a wave.
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2015, 10:13 PM   #13387
Verso
Islander
 
Verso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ljubljana
Posts: 22,087
Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulanthe View Post
They seem to have abandoned any serious attempt at controlling it - when I went from Hum na Sutli back to Rogatec, they (as in both Croatian and Slovenian police) were far too busy having some sort of discussion about who knows what - with absolutely no attempt to do anything beyond a visual glance and a wave.
Probably fighting about the maritime border.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2015, 10:48 PM   #13388
Kanadzie
Registered User
 
Kanadzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 2,373
Likes (Received): 747

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulanthe View Post
. I even watched a dog run through the border crossing without any sort of attempt to stop it! They seem to have abandoned any serious attempt at controlling it - when I went from Hum na Sutli back to Rogatec, they (as in both Croatian and Slovenian police) were far too busy having some sort of discussion about who knows what - with absolutely no attempt to do anything beyond a visual glance and a wave.
what would you have them do to the dog?
What is your destination?
-Arf
What is the pupose of your trip?
-Arf
Show us your passport!
(licks face of border guard)
__________________
100 coups de fouet, si vous n'ętes pas morts de rire !

Singidunum liked this post
Kanadzie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2015, 11:13 PM   #13389
Alex_ZR
Registered User
 
Alex_ZR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Zrenjanin
Posts: 2,902
Likes (Received): 3990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanadzie View Post
what would you have them do to the dog?
What is your destination?
-Arf
What is the pupose of your trip?
-Arf
Show us your passport!
(licks face of border guard)
Alex_ZR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2015, 12:21 AM   #13390
BL2
I bin a Wiena
 
BL2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 3,389
Likes (Received): 1523

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulanthe View Post
Update from the SLO/HR border.

Hahahahahahahhaa.

Sorry, I meant... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

What a complete and absolute joke. I can understand being waved through at Gruskovje/Macelj, but the same situation existed at Dobovec and Rogatec crossings too. I even watched a dog run through the border crossing without any sort of attempt to stop it! They seem to have abandoned any serious attempt at controlling it - when I went from Hum na Sutli back to Rogatec, they (as in both Croatian and Slovenian police) were far too busy having some sort of discussion about who knows what - with absolutely no attempt to do anything beyond a visual glance and a wave.
haha dog army



why do you care if they are controlling or not?
I would disassemble borders all together.
__________________
to je minimalizam
al' ne zna primitivizam
sta je to minimalizam

Kanadzie liked this post
BL2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2015, 01:19 AM   #13391
volodaaaa
Registered User
 
volodaaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Bratislava, Slovakia
Posts: 3,230
Likes (Received): 1748

My dog has passport too. A reception guy in Belgrade asked for it. Then got stoned and surprised when I hand him it. He was just kiddin
__________________
Been/drove my car in: SK, CZ, D, A, H, PL, I, F, E, RSM, CH, FL, SLO, HR, SRB, BiH, MK, GR, BG, RO


cinxxx, Alex_ZR, JanVL, 04KUBZ, Fooxx67 liked this post
volodaaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2015, 02:14 AM   #13392
Eulanthe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,228
Likes (Received): 411

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL2 View Post
why do you care if they are controlling or not?
I would disassemble borders all together.
It's the Schengen outer border and should be controlled as such.

My passport is faded (you can't even read the writing on the front anymore) and it's almost expired - yet I was waved through without so much as a glance at it. It could've easily just been a little book full of "hahaha Slovenia you suck" for all they checked.

I don't mind them only doing an entry or exit control, but for both entry and exit to be "whatever, go on" is rather irresponsible.
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2015, 09:40 AM   #13393
BL2
I bin a Wiena
 
BL2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 3,389
Likes (Received): 1523

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulanthe View Post
It's the Schengen outer border and should be controlled as such.
it should be torn down.
__________________
to je minimalizam
al' ne zna primitivizam
sta je to minimalizam
BL2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2015, 10:15 AM   #13394
gogo3o
Bulgaria
 
gogo3o's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6,863
Likes (Received): 13420

Kapitan Andreevo checkpoint (Bulgaria-Turkey)



by momchilg

More pics: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...27453&page=359
__________________
SOFIA | Metro
gogo3o no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2015, 10:17 AM   #13395
MichiH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lower Franconia
Posts: 4,403
Likes (Received): 2081

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL2 View Post
it should be torn down.
If the border crossing between Slovenia and Croatia - Schengen outer border(!) - should be torn down (now), the border crossing between Hungary and Serbia should also be torn down.
__________________

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)

BL2 liked this post
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2015, 01:44 PM   #13396
Verso
Islander
 
Verso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ljubljana
Posts: 22,087
Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulanthe View Post
It's the Schengen outer border and should be controlled as such.

My passport is faded (you can't even read the writing on the front anymore) and it's almost expired - yet I was waved through without so much as a glance at it. It could've easily just been a little book full of "hahaha Slovenia you suck" for all they checked.

I don't mind them only doing an entry or exit control, but for both entry and exit to be "whatever, go on" is rather irresponsible.
You're a Pole, so they don't care about you.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2015, 01:53 PM   #13397
Verso
Islander
 
Verso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ljubljana
Posts: 22,087
Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL2 View Post
it should be torn down.
Croatia won't join the Schengen Area until it recognizes the binding arbitration with Slovenia, because we'll block it for eternity, and we won't be the bad guys this time. It won't join the eurozone either.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2015, 02:18 PM   #13398
Eulanthe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,228
Likes (Received): 411

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
You're a Pole, so they don't care about you.
I'm not, I have a British passport

(but you can't see that, only that it's a little red book. The gold has all faded away to nothing after being abused on endless Croatian border crossings...)

Speaking of the Croatian/Slovenian argument - I understand the situation at sea, but in the disputed land corridor, who controls the territory that is disputed?

Last edited by Eulanthe; August 2nd, 2015 at 05:00 PM.
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2015, 02:34 PM   #13399
Verso
Islander
 
Verso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ljubljana
Posts: 22,087
Likes (Received): 4749

The territory south of Dragonja is controlled by Croatia, while Trdinov vrh and Brezovec (west of Hotiza) by Slovenia. The de facto border along Mura follows the old flow.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2015, 05:02 PM   #13400
Corvinus
License plate spotter
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: H / D / CH
Posts: 1,057
Likes (Received): 1190

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
If the border crossing between Slovenia and Croatia - Schengen outer border(!) - should be torn down (now), the border crossing between Hungary and Serbia should also be torn down.
As long as there is an influx of 1000 - 1500 continent invaders (as well as some Kosovan gypsies) every day across the SRB - H border, it's the wrong moment to consider dismounting border facilities.

Otherwise, of course, an open border would well be in Hungary's interest, given the mainly Hungarian population of Vojvodina.
Corvinus no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
highways, motorways

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium