daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 16th, 2015, 01:59 AM   #13621
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 411

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Maynard View Post
Can anyone give me some advise, as I am planning to drive from Poland to Budapest via Slovakia/Czech latter this week, and don't want to get stuck for hours at internal EU borders . Are there permanent border controls on this route?
Also, afterwards from Budapest to Southern Austria? What is the best route for now in terms of delays?
As far as I know, the SK police are controlling (or at least monitoring) the crossing in Rajka (SK/H near Bratislava), but there are no reports of systematic controls or delays. PL-CZ/SK is open and without control.

Afterwards - should be painless if you cross near Szombathely.

As for that little bit of Spain and migrants - I think it's pretty obvious that if anyone turned up there trying to claim asylum, they would be "invited" to go back to Morocco by the Spanish army.

Last edited by Eulanthe; September 16th, 2015 at 02:04 AM.
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 16th, 2015, 06:14 AM   #13622
Kanadzie

Likes (Received): 748

There is lots of this around the world... here`s one near me... they changed sign from 80 km/h to 60 km/h and put a pointless solid line! I want to drive 110
Old September 16th, 2015, 09:00 AM   #13623
eucitizen

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulanthe View Post
As far as I know, the SK police are controlling (or at least monitoring) the crossing in Rajka (SK/H near Bratislava), but there are no reports of systematic controls or delays. PL-CZ/SK is open and without control.

Afterwards - should be painless if you cross near Szombathely.

As for that little bit of Spain and migrants - I think it's pretty obvious that if anyone turned up there trying to claim asylum, they would be "invited" to go back to Morocco by the Spanish army.
Slovak police make some spot controls also with Austria.
Old September 16th, 2015, 10:57 AM   #13624
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2083

Austria will introduce controls at the borders to Hungary, Italy, Slovenia and Slovakia.

They already began nonstop** border controls at Nickelsdorf, Deutschkreuz and Schachendorf this morning 7AM, see press release.

Border controls are also planned at Kittsee, Pamhagen, Klingenbach, Rattersdorf, Heiligenkreuz and Bonisdorf.

**It's officially called temporary controls. I also read that controls are "durchgehend" which should be translated "nonstop" not "permanent".

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)

Last edited by MichiH; September 16th, 2015 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Press release and correction permanent --> nonstop
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2015, 07:02 PM   #13625
Eulanthe

Roszke-Horgos has apparently been shut for 30 days, but I'm guessing it's Roszke-Horgos 2 that's closed and not the main motorway connection.
Old September 16th, 2015, 07:24 PM   #13626
Singidunum
Grad Oblakodera

Likes (Received): 16177

I predict there won't be a tripoint party this year

Potpišite peticiju protiv rušenja Generalštaba!
Singidunum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2015, 07:31 PM   #13627
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18313

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singidunum View Post
I predict there won't be a tripoint party this year

who knows what will be in late May 2016...
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2015, 07:34 PM   #13628
volodaaaa

Likes (Received): 1756

Quote:
Originally Posted by eucitizen View Post
They focus only on suspicious vans that can carry illegals. Passenger cars are not the subject of controls.

volodaaaa está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2015, 08:12 PM   #13629
MichiH

The same is reported about the border b/n Austria and Germany. Passenger cars with German number plates and only one person on board are not controlled.

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
Old September 16th, 2015, 08:21 PM   #13630
Kanadzie

Likes (Received): 748

But Germans of a certain age know best how to hide people under the car!
Old September 16th, 2015, 08:37 PM   #13631
John Maynard
BANNED

Likes (Received): 376

Thank you for your responses.
John Maynard no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2015, 08:56 PM   #13632
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingenioren View Post
How come migrants scale the Melilla fence when they can just cross this little rope instead?
They cannot. They wouldn't be considered as inmigrants, neither in that rock, neither in other islands.

I am not sure if this island will be accepted as "inmigration"

Why?... Answer will not be about border but about national territory organization. A huge off-topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkyscraper View Post
This little place is not really connected to continental spain, there is 3-4 buildings, only soldiers so ...
But Ceuta or Mellila are hubs, with port and large relations (boats etc) with Spain
They have a helicopter base and they are connected with Melilla (Velez de la Gomera)

Anyway, for inmigrants entering Ceuta or Melilla have not easy to arrive Europe. There is no passport control but if you are going to get an airplane (from Melilla, Ceuta hasn't airport), you know you may show your passport to the company and for ferries, the same case (in case of fatality they wanna know who is on board).
Therefore, for police it is quite easy to know who is travelling. No physical controls but all is digitally controlled

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)

TheSkyscraper liked this post
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2015, 08:58 PM   #13633
eucitizen

I watched at Reuters tv today showing the HU/AT border. They really checked mostly van.
Old September 16th, 2015, 09:03 PM   #13634
John Maynard
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by eucitizen View Post
On the other hand, why is Slovakia, Poland, Slovenia, etc. well "poor and still in development" EU countries so afraid that some refugees pass through their territory from Hungary, after all they are leading and stay "on course" to Germany/Scandinavia, well "rich" Western European nations that "openly" are embracing and inviting them ?
According to an interview, standards and quality of life in those countries are too low for the expectations of these refugees; even Greece where many have already transited is "such a poor country and in economical crisis". In reality, no one wants to stay in those EU countries, even the locals are massively leaving (per ex., Poland had millions of economical migrants in the last decade) .

Link: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/p...tment-refugees

AsHalt liked this post
Old September 16th, 2015, 09:09 PM   #13635
eucitizen

I think that those controls are just to show some muscles for the local public and to "protect" Schengen from the "barbarian horde".
Old September 16th, 2015, 09:10 PM   #13636
volodaaaa

Likes (Received): 1756

Quote:
On the other hand, why is Slovakia, Poland, Slovenia, etc. well "poor and still in development" EU countries so afraid that some refugees pass through their territory from Hungary, after all they are leading and stay "on course" to Germany/Scandinavia, well "rich" Western European nations that "openly" are embracing and inviting them ?
According to an interview, standards and quality of life in those countries are too low for the expectations of these refugees; even Greece where many have already transited is "such a poor country and in economical crisis". In reality, no one wants to stay in those EU countries, even the locals are massively leaving (per ex., Poland had millions of economical migrants in the last decade) .

Link: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/p...tment-refugees
I think it is obvious: according to the experiences from Hungary, the influx of refugees leads to chaos at motorways, at railway station, at railways, at borders nobody wants.

Everybody know that zero refugees would stay in Slovakia. It has been told hundred times: quotas won't work with Schengen.

volodaaaa está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2015, 09:12 PM   #13637
MichiH

Quote:
why is Slovakia, Poland, Slovenia, etc. well "poor and still in development" EU countries so afraid that some refugees pass through their territory from Hungary, after all they are leading and stay "on course" to Germany/Scandinavia
Because Germany could introduce border controls at the Polish and Czech border too and refugees would be stranded there.... Hungry and ill.... Germany does not allow crossing the border if one has no passport....

Old September 16th, 2015, 09:17 PM   #13638
eucitizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
Because Germany could introduce border controls at the Polish and Czech border too and refugees would be stranded there.... Hungry and ill.... Germany does not allow crossing the border if one has no passport....
German already set up some controls on borders with CZ. I saw 2 German policemen today at the border Bad Schandau - Hrensko. They also told it on German radio.
Old September 16th, 2015, 09:17 PM   #13639
Eulanthe

Wow.

It seems that I was wrong - Horgos/Roszke (the motorway crossing) has been shut.

Hungarian police are saying that both Roszke crossings are indefinitely closed. I'm shocked - as far as I know, even during the Kosovo War, the border was never closed.

http://www.police.hu/hirek-es-informaciok/hatarinfo

Ásotthalom - Backi Vinogradi has also been closed, but that hasn't been reported anywhere.

MichiH liked this post
Old September 16th, 2015, 09:20 PM   #13640
John Maynard
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
I already heard that one, from a Polish politician. But, it's Germany "Angie" who is "inviting" them and even gave a projected quota of 800'000 warm welcoming of "refugees" for this year only; closing the intra-Schengen border after that would be schizophrenic IMO .

Tags
highways, motorways