daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 22nd, 2015, 11:40 PM   #13721
Alex_ZR

Likes (Received): 4006

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
so why are there no more migrants at Horgoš? because Serbian buses ride only to Batrovci/Bajakovo due to some H-SRB agreement?
Because migrants realized that they don't have any chance to cross Hungarian border.

Sisimoto the HUN liked this post
Alex_ZR no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 23rd, 2015, 10:47 AM   #13722
GROBIN
Conducteur infatigable

Likes (Received): 1607

What is exactly the story of these buses transporting migrants throughout Serbia?

Been Drove Rode my bike Lived:
A AND AUS B BIH BY CZ D E EST ET F FIN GB H HR I IL L LT LV MAL MC PL RI SGP SK SLO T TN USA UA YV

"Richtgeschwindigkeit" should be the default system in all EU motorways & expressways & lane indiscipline should be harshly fought! Down with radars on motorways!
GROBIN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2015, 11:07 AM   #13723
pyramidxx

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
so why are there no more migrants at Horgoš? because Serbian buses ride only to Batrovci/Bajakovo due to some H-SRB agreement?
https://www.flickr.com/photos/569119...posted-public/

pyramidxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2015, 11:15 AM   #13724
pyramidxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by GROBIN View Post
What is exactly the story of these buses transporting migrants throughout Serbia?
Do you know what is story??Look at the map..from its source to finale! They pass Turkish/Greece border over sea to island KOS or LESBOS (distance 5km)..after by ferry travel to Atheens..From Atheens to Macedonian border by trains or buses..Macedonia to Serbia also by taxi,trains,buses..In Serbia must go to refugee camp,where put their data,and after are allowed to go on,border with Hungary or Croatia..And don't remember,every day are coming new thousands of people,between 3-6.000 people,depends of weather conditions!By they way only money Serbia got for refugees is from Norway Kingdom,and UNHCR!I don't understand what is happening with European Union??They are in quarrel about quotes for 120.000 refugees,but that number will increase in only ONE MONTH!!
Old September 23rd, 2015, 04:08 PM   #13725
bigic
(-_-) -<>- ♂♂

Likes (Received): 136

The refugees are using the services of private bus companies. Both the refugees and the bus companies realise that the border with Hungary is now harder to cross than the border with Croatia.
bigic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2015, 06:15 PM   #13726
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3445

those are the photos before Horgoš was closed and reopened. today it is empty. i don't know what is the point of your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_ZR View Post
Because migrants realized that they don't have any chance to cross Hungarian border.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigic View Post
The refugees are using the services of private bus companies. Both the refugees and the bus companies realise that the border with Hungary is now harder to cross than the border with Croatia.
but from here they are crossing Hungarian border. and do you know why? because they are being registered while entering Croatia (what Slovenians say they are not).

this is really funny how the borders are actually porous. and i think if i would decide to cross the border illegaly somewhere far from any checkpoints, i would have got caught immediately.
Old September 24th, 2015, 12:10 AM   #13727
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 411

Quote:
this is really funny how the borders are actually porous. and i think if i would decide to cross the border illegaly somewhere far from any checkpoints, i would have got caught immediately.
I've never found Croatian borders to be well defended. I've spent hours upon hours wandering around the HR-SLO/BiH borders, and the only place where I've seen anything resembling a serious police presence was at Zeljava. Oh, and Bregana, where some fat redneck cop told me to get lost (before Croatian entry to the EU).

I saw people swimming openly from Novi Grad to Dvor na Uni and no-one was even slightly interested or even observing the people in the water. It would be easy as hell to cross the HR border except in some very obvious places.
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2015, 09:13 AM   #13728
Attus

Likes (Received): 1039

In the EU-consultation last night the Austrian chancellor, Werner Faymann, asked the Hungarian government to open the borders and let every illegal migrants in and let them travel to Austria across Hungary.
I use the expression 'illegal migrant' because the majority of them are obviously not refugees.
The whole topic of borders, border controls must be redefined, if it will be a major European trend to let every one into the EU.

panchevo, Sisimoto the HUN liked this post
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2015, 09:27 AM   #13729
Kiru

Likes (Received): 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attus View Post
In the EU-consultation last night the Austrian chancellor, Werner Faymann, asked the Hungarian government to open the borders and let every illegal migrants in and let them travel to Austria across Hungary.
I use the expression 'illegal migrant' because the majority of them are obviously not refugees.
The whole topic of borders, border controls must be redefined, if it will be a major European trend to let every one into the EU.
Uncontrolled migration leads to future disaster, do not know when EU is going to realise this. I am not against any religion, however in certain religion there is no such thing called SECULARISM which is a huge threat to democracy when the total voice of that particular society enhance in the future. Integration of migration only works if the society joining is willing to accept their host nation's norms, culture and the way of living. Out of these millions of refugees do not know how many of them will do this in the future. only time will tell

panchevo, Sisimoto the HUN liked this post
Kiru no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2015, 09:29 AM   #13730
volodaaaa

Likes (Received): 1755

Quote:
It is pretty ridiculous. Me, as the inhabitant of EU, with all documents, without criminal past, is checked at every outer Schengen border (with average queues up to 3 hours) at the edge of breaching the human dignity, while people we know nothing about are forced to let go.

Džiugas liked this post
volodaaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2015, 09:32 AM   #13731
Kiru

Likes (Received): 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodaaaa View Post
It is pretty ridiculous. Me, as the inhabitant of EU, with all documents, without criminal past, is checked at every outer Schengen border (with average queues up to 3 hours) at the edge of breaching the human dignity, while people we know nothing about are forced to let go.
Welcome to bureaucracy. In UK, if you migrate legally , work hard, pay tax, and have good education yet they will treat you like crap, but if you come through back door as a illegal refugee you would be treated as VIP with all provided for.

volodaaaa liked this post
Kiru no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2015, 09:55 AM   #13732
pyramidxx

Quote:
yes,that is good,but why Austria and Germany don't import immigrants directly from camps in Lebanon,Jordan,Syria or Turkey??Why is need they go walk alone and pay a lot of money for their way in Europe?There are millions of refugees and Europe can take all!! 3 millions are waiting,but maybe and 30 millions will going also..From Africa also some millions want come in Europe.

MichiH liked this post
Old September 24th, 2015, 12:08 PM   #13733
John Maynard
BANNED

Likes (Received): 376

Was Schengen Area extended to Middle East and the Islamic State? When has this decision been taken? Because I am completely unaware of it .
John Maynard no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2015, 12:09 PM   #13734
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18306

Still Romania and Bulgaria are not good enough!
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2015, 12:11 PM   #13735
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 411

All HR-SRB border crossings are now closed to all vehicles, with the exception of Tovarnik which is open for buses and cars only. Croatia has banned Serbian registered cars and citizens, and Serbia has banned Croatian registered trucks and goods produced in Croatia. I would expect a ban to come on HR citizens/vehicles to follow today...

Last edited by Eulanthe; September 24th, 2015 at 12:36 PM.
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2015, 12:14 PM   #13736
Alex_ZR

Likes (Received): 4006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulanthe View Post
and Serbia has banned Croatian registered trucks and goods produced in Serbia.
Alex_ZR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2015, 12:39 PM   #13737
italystf

Likes (Received): 2186

That's really sad, I understand strict controls against illegal immigrants, but closing the border to all traffic and banning all vehicles registered in a certain country is bad. The refugee crisis is really harming the stability of South-Eastern Europe.
I don't see why citizens of countries that haven't fought a war in the last 20 years should have their travel freedom restricted because of an ongoing war 2,000 km away.

I'm not a fan of EU regulating everything, but I think EU should take a common action to solve this problem, instead of letting the countries who are more affected by illegal immigration because of geography (Spain, Italy, Greece, Hungary, Croatia) to deal with the issue alone.
If Germany wants to accept migrants, it should organize intra-Schengen flights between Greece (where they arrive by boat from Turkey) and Germany, instead of letting them wandering illegally across several countries, sleeping in the streets, fighting with the police and paying thousands of euros to criminal human smugglers!
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.

VITORIA MAN liked this post
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2015, 12:57 PM   #13738
AsHalt

Likes (Received): 181

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramidxx View Post
yes,that is good,but why Austria and Germany don't import immigrants directly from camps in Lebanon,Jordan,Syria or Turkey??Why is need they go walk alone and pay a lot of money for their way in Europe?There are millions of refugees and Europe can take all!! 3 millions are waiting,but maybe and 30 millions will going also..From Africa also some millions want come in Europe.
Something along the lines of Inter-government bureaucracy and logistical nightmare.
AsHalt no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2015, 05:40 PM   #13739
pyramidxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
That's really sad, I understand strict controls against illegal immigrants, but closing the border to all traffic and banning all vehicles registered in a certain country is bad. The refugee crisis is really harming the stability of South-Eastern Europe.
I don't see why citizens of countries that haven't fought a war in the last 20 years should have their travel freedom restricted because of an ongoing war 2,000 km away.

I'm not a fan of EU regulating everything, but I think EU should take a common action to solve this problem, instead of letting the countries who are more affected by illegal immigration because of geography (Spain, Italy, Greece, Hungary, Croatia) to deal with the issue alone.
If Germany wants to accept migrants, it should organize intra-Schengen flights between Greece (where they arrive by boat from Turkey) and Germany, instead of letting them wandering illegally across several countries, sleeping in the streets, fighting with the police and paying thousands of euros to criminal human smugglers!
YES!!I agree..Germany made GREAT MISTAKE!! INVITED people from Syria to Germany where will give asylum for all them!!After invasion they closed borders after 2 days!! And at all there are about 30% of Syrians,other are economic immigrants from Iraq,Afghanistan,Pakistan,Bangladesh,India,Ethiopia,Sudan,Gambia,Erithrea,Nigeria....So GERMANY MUST IMPORT IMMIGRANTS FROM CAMPS In Lebanon,Syria,Turkey or Jordan PLEASE!!!! STOP SMUGGLING WHAT IS PAYED BY Saudi Arabia and some Islamic states!!!They finance it and must be stopped very soon!!!

panchevo liked this post
Old September 24th, 2015, 08:37 PM   #13740
panchevo
pseudosveshtenik

Likes (Received): 3527

why the hell are german bureaucrats still calling does people "refugees", and practically giving them blessings to arrogantly cross multiple borders wherever the hell they want to and without any documents?
furthermore, they criticize other countries for enforcing the law and stopping illegal border crossings???

Tags
highways, motorways