daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old July 3rd, 2016, 08:43 PM   #14541
Kanadzie
Registered User
 
Kanadzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 2,374
Likes (Received): 747

I love that thinking... Russians are scared of illegal Finnish immigrants just dying to break into Mother Rossiya... perrrrrrkele
__________________
100 coups de fouet, si vous n'êtes pas morts de rire !

LMB liked this post
Kanadzie no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 3rd, 2016, 08:49 PM   #14542
Verso
Islander
 
Verso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ljubljana
Posts: 22,087
Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulanthe View Post
Let's not forget that the Spain-Gibraltar border is completely fenced off, except at three points, with each point being no more than two lanes wide. The border fence there even extends into the sea, and this is also the final border fence between two EU countries.
Hungary-Croatia
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2016, 09:41 PM   #14543
Kpc21
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Łódź
Posts: 18,365
Likes (Received): 6769

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulanthe View Post
(final point: are you also on PolishForums? I recognise your username!)
I happen to appear there Internet is small.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
Hungary-Croatia
Yes, isn't it so that they have recently built a fence on this border, due to the refugee crysis?





It's an internal EU border, but external Schengen border.

Before Poland joined Schengen, the same (or even worse) was on the Poland-Germany border. Even though it was already an internal EU border.

By the way, the Poland restores the border control on its internal Schengen borders in the time from tomorrow to August 2nd. Due to the NATO summit and the World Youth Days.

Crossing the border in the places other than border crossings will be in this time forbidden. But controls at the border crossings are going to be random.

It's interesting how it will look like in practice. For example, in the mountains, on the Polish-Czech and Polish-Slovak border, it's often so, that small border poles are the only sign of the border. There is no fence, no empty lane, nothing, and everything is in a forest. It must be easy to cross the border unnoticed anyway. And even if someone will be checked after crossing the border (but the crossing will not be noticed by the guard), everything will be OK, because crossing the border is allowed with an ID card, where there is no place for passport stamps.

Visa-free traffic with the Russia's Kaliningrad Circuit for Polish people living near the Russian border (and vice versa) will also be suspended for this time.
Kpc21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2016, 09:52 PM   #14544
Xicano
Registered User
 
Xicano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 195
Likes (Received): 126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanadzie View Post
But the US-Mexico border, its no problem at all for US or Mexican citizens to cross, no visa needed, at the proper crossing, either. And millions of trucks are crossing, and they aren't waiting hours either (maybe 1 hour)... it's an important part of the US / Mexico economy. (but it is tricky for Mexican-registered trucks to get deep into the US for stupid and illegal reasons)
Xicano no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2016, 10:33 PM   #14545
Corvinus
License plate spotter
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: H / D / CH
Posts: 1,058
Likes (Received): 1190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpc21 View Post
Yes, isn't it so that they have recently built a fence on this border, due to the refugee crysis?

It's an internal EU border, but external Schengen border.
Yes, the H-HR border fence was built in a rush just after completion of the H-SRB fence.

After completion of the fence on the Serbian border, the migrants shifted towards Croatia as they did not want to apply for asylum in Hungary and otherwise were not admitted in.
Immediately before the migrant wave, Croatian government, similar to Serbian one, was bragging about how much better than Hungary they will take care of them and that "no fence will be built". In contrast, their handling and registration system collapsed after one(!) day, overwhelmed by the load of migrants. Thereafter, Croatian authorities just transported the migrants to the Hungarian border. Politicians also threatened to disperse the migrants along the green border should Hungary not take them in at the official crossings.
It became clear that only with a fence along the H-HR land border would it become possible for Hungary to stop admitting the masses. This is why the fence was pulled up in a day and night effort (only some 40-50 kms of length since the rest of the border runs along the river Dráva).
Once the fence was ready in October 2015, illegal immigrants from Croatia were no longer admitted (and almost none of them wanted to legally apply for asylum at a Hungarian border post), and Croatian authorities chose the way of least resistance: they forwarded the stream to Slovenia from then on.
__________________
Knegte van die Allerhoogste, teen die hele wêreld vry. Bondsmen only to the Highest and before the whole world free.

- Die Stem van Suid-Afrika

Kpc21, Sentilj liked this post
Corvinus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2016, 11:19 PM   #14546
Eulanthe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,228
Likes (Received): 411

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
Hungary-Croatia
Has the fence actually survived the winter? I've read somewhere that the H-SRB fence is in a pitiful state because it was put together in such a rush.
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2016, 02:55 AM   #14547
Verso
Islander
 
Verso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ljubljana
Posts: 22,087
Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvinus View Post
Once the fence was ready in October 2015, illegal immigrants from Croatia were no longer admitted (and almost none of them wanted to legally apply for asylum at a Hungarian border post), and Croatian authorities chose the way of least resistance: they forwarded the stream to Slovenia from then on.
Croatian policemen even showed migrants where they can swim across the Sotla border river into Slovenia.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2016, 03:15 AM   #14548
Kanadzie
Registered User
 
Kanadzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 2,374
Likes (Received): 747

EU cooperation
No wonder the Brits ran away
__________________
100 coups de fouet, si vous n'êtes pas morts de rire !
Kanadzie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2016, 03:35 AM   #14549
Xicano
Registered User
 
Xicano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 195
Likes (Received): 126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanadzie View Post
But the US-Mexico border, its no problem at all for US or Mexican citizens to cross, no visa needed, at the proper crossing, either. And millions of trucks are crossing, and they aren't waiting hours either (maybe 1 hour)... it's an important part of the US / Mexico economy. (but it is tricky for Mexican-registered trucks to get deep into the US for stupid and illegal reasons)
Many Americans actualy live in TJ and commute to SD area, its not a issue at all. Mexico has also been hit with africans trying to go to the US from Mexico. They say its longer but safer than going through Italy to Europe.

Xicano no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2016, 10:51 PM   #14550
Corvinus
License plate spotter
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: H / D / CH
Posts: 1,058
Likes (Received): 1190

Where do these Africans enter the American continent? Are many African countries exempt from visitor visas for Mexico?
__________________
Knegte van die Allerhoogste, teen die hele wêreld vry. Bondsmen only to the Highest and before the whole world free.

- Die Stem van Suid-Afrika
Corvinus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2016, 01:56 AM   #14551
Kpc21
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Łódź
Posts: 18,365
Likes (Received): 6769

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulanthe View Post
Has the fence actually survived the winter? I've read somewhere that the H-SRB fence is in a pitiful state because it was put together in such a rush.
I took the photo from my previous post in April.

And it's actually along the river Drava in that place. Although the proper shape of the border deviates much from the river - I suppose it was so that the border was first along the river, and then the river changed its path.
Kpc21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2016, 11:56 AM   #14552
NordikNerd
Rail & Road traveller
 
NordikNerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Linköping
Posts: 2,747
Likes (Received): 1408


Sign in Helsingör, Denmark informing about upcoming ID-checks for those
who intend to board the ferry to Sweden. This ID-check was introduced on january 4th 2016
NordikNerd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2016, 12:24 PM   #14553
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara
 
cinxxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: München
Posts: 22,236
Likes (Received): 18299

How long is the delay time on the train between Copenhagen and Malmö (both ways)?
I will be in Copenhagen next weekend and maybe I would also visit Sweden. Not exactly sure if Malmö is pretty or maybe Helsingborg...
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2016, 12:47 PM   #14554
NordikNerd
Rail & Road traveller
 
NordikNerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Linköping
Posts: 2,747
Likes (Received): 1408

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinxxx View Post
How long is the delay time on the train between Copenhagen and Malmö (both ways)?
I will be in Copenhagen next weekend and maybe I would also visit Sweden. Not exactly sure if Malmö is pretty or maybe Helsingborg...
In january newspapers wrote: Normally the trainjourney between Copenhagen and Malmö takes 35 minutes. After the introduction of id-checks it can take up to 1.5 hours.

When I travelled from Helsingör to Helsingborg with car on june 26th, there were no queues or delays what so ever. Me and my family were not checked of id at all in Helsingör nor Helsingborg. I think the refugee crisis is over for the moment.

I would recommend Helsingborg instead of Malmö, much nicer city and the ferry is very pleasant.

Lately a swedish newspaper wrote that the stream of refugees may increase again though.

The Migration Board raised warnings that up to 8000 asylum seekers can come to Skåne (south Sweden) during the period from July 4th to 17th. and according to the Conservative party the temporary refugee influx may be even higher.


- When the Migration Board estimates that about 8000 asylumseekers can come to Sweden for two weeks in July, they make the assumption that Germany has had time to register all their asylum seekers. But the germans are having difficulties to catch up with the ever invreasing influx of refugees.

The drivingforce to come to Sweden is very strong also for the refugees who are staying in Germany.
- In Germany there are now half a million refugees that are not registered. If Sweden will end the id-checks even for two weeks very much can happen.
NordikNerd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2016, 08:53 PM   #14555
Eulanthe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,228
Likes (Received): 411

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
Croatian policemen even showed migrants where they can swim across the Sotla border river into Slovenia.
Why swim across when there are plenty of interesting places to simply walk across?

(Not that I've done it in numerous places. Of course not.)
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2016, 09:21 PM   #14556
x-type
con los terroristas
 
x-type's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bjelovar [HR]
Posts: 13,466
Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvinus View Post
Yes, the H-HR border fence was built in a rush just after completion of the H-SRB fence.

After completion of the fence on the Serbian border, the migrants shifted towards Croatia as they did not want to apply for asylum in Hungary and otherwise were not admitted in.
Immediately before the migrant wave, Croatian government, similar to Serbian one, was bragging about how much better than Hungary they will take care of them and that "no fence will be built". In contrast, their handling and registration system collapsed after one(!) day, overwhelmed by the load of migrants. Thereafter, Croatian authorities just transported the migrants to the Hungarian border. Politicians also threatened to disperse the migrants along the green border should Hungary not take them in at the official crossings.
It became clear that only with a fence along the H-HR land border would it become possible for Hungary to stop admitting the masses. This is why the fence was pulled up in a day and night effort (only some 40-50 kms of length since the rest of the border runs along the river Dráva).
Once the fence was ready in October 2015, illegal immigrants from Croatia were no longer admitted (and almost none of them wanted to legally apply for asylum at a Hungarian border post), and Croatian authorities chose the way of least resistance: they forwarded the stream to Slovenia from then on.
how many camps has Hungary risen for immigrants?
__________________
Svaki dan sanjam autobahn...
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2016, 01:04 AM   #14557
Xicano
Registered User
 
Xicano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 195
Likes (Received): 126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvinus View Post
Where do these Africans enter the American continent? Are many African countries exempt from visitor visas for Mexico?


I believe through the Caribbean countries and central America.....

Xicano no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2016, 02:05 PM   #14558
Alex_ZR
Registered User
 
Alex_ZR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Zrenjanin
Posts: 2,903
Likes (Received): 4004

I think this is maybe the unique border crossing, where there is a rail crossing between two border stations.

Vrbica (SRB)-Vălcani (RO):



(notice rail crossing at 0:53)

This rail goes from Kikinda to Banatsko Aranđelovo in Serbia, in this part going almost at the border line.
__________________

cinxxx, piotr71, Zagor666 liked this post
Alex_ZR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2016, 02:38 PM   #14559
gr_kanev
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 178
Likes (Received): 422

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_ZR View Post
I think this is maybe the unique border crossing, where there is a rail crossing between two border stations.

Vrbica (SRB)-Vălcani (RO)
It's not the only one - there is also at Halmeu (RO) - Diakove (UA) :



Railway crossing is seen at 4:45
__________________

Alex_ZR, Alqaszar liked this post
gr_kanev no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2016, 02:42 PM   #14560
italystf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,455
Likes (Received): 2185

The road on the Romanian side seems a nightmare to drive on, notice how the driver often drives in the median of the road, to avoid the ultra-deep potholes.
__________________
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
highways, motorways

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium